• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I know. I really only like the intro. Some techno songs only have a good intro and the rest of the song is bad. The rest of the song isn't bad, but it's not amazing.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I laughed out loud when MK posted that Basshunter was techno. Basshunter is trance, which is very different.

/music nerd

Lv.99

Smash Journeyman
Since every one is doing it...

DarkSlash new favorite song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL6XGOV--F0&fmt=18
& possibly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL2od1AF_Cs

Ohh yea i got a question about my friend. I'm not sure if i should call him ignorant,naive or stupid.

He wants World War 3 to happen, wants the government to use a draft when that happens and doesn't think countries would use nukes on each other in World war 3.

so what is he? Ignorant,Naive,Stupid or a combination of 2 or 3?
*really excited voice*
I have a favorite song!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N_-9unbk24 Go techno
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxDpC0TPZRQ I am in orchestra so I actually play songs like this

Disturbing ftl
I find my self lucky that when the nuke launched in CoD 4 that you didn't see any corpses like that. Seeing this clip now i know why the Japanese are the biggest No to Nukes people out there.

EDIT: Though i find my self unlucky that a nuke was launched in the first place.
What the @#$% was that!?!?! How the heck did you find that? I was watching some random movie with effects like that, except the people caught fire!

But, I can't ignore the truth of it. We now hold power at a super atomic scale.

He believes countries won't nuke each other becuase of "rules of war" which i think is bullcrap. He also asked me what would you do in a draft. Join the Army, Artillery(which is part of the army I hope he meant air force) or Navy. He also went to the Canadian armed forces website for a possible scholarship so I don't believe he's joking he's dead serious.
EDIT: He also said he would join the Artillery becuase they aren't priority targets, which I also think is bullcrap. I mean if they weren't priority targets why the hell did they bomb the places 88's were located to hell and back.
Also i can't tell what your spore creatures are :/
There are no rules of war. If WWIII breaks out, it will most likely end within about a week due to the mass usage of atomic warfare.

Statistic: There is enough nuclear weaponry in existence to destroy 8 billion people. Anyone who doesn't sleep in Social Studies would know that we only have 6 billion on Earth.

You friend honestly scares me.

A_man13

Smash Master
*really excited voice*
I have a favorite song!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N_-9unbk24 Go techno
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxDpC0TPZRQ I am in orchestra so I actually play songs like this

What the @#$% was that!?!?! How the heck did you find that? I was watching some random movie with effects like that, except the people caught fire!

But, I can't ignore the truth of it. We now hold power at a super atomic scale.
Yeah, nulear radiation works by emiting alpha, beta, and or gamma particles (depends on the reaction) that displace electrons and nucleii of atoms, changing the atom's chemecal name and also making radioactive. The effect is less burning and more vaporization.

There are no rules of war. If WWIII breaks out, it will most likely end within about a week due to the mass usage of atomic warfare.

Statistic: There is enough nuclear weaponry in existence to destroy 8 billion people. Anyone who doesn't sleep in Social Studies would know that we only have 6 billion on Earth.

You friend honestly scares me.
I can confirm. During the cold war, the United states created a variety of treaties that baisically said (In sparknotes form) "Poke our eye, we'll poke your eye. Launch nuclear weapons at us, and we'll launch nuclear weapons back." I could imagine that any country that had the resources would and could fire at us, but how we handled military affairs we'd just fire back. I'd assure you that, unless all of a countries nuclear weapons were destroied, we'd retaliate with an A-bomb of our own. Mutually assured destruction.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
A_man, Why not the F-bomb? (jeff dunham joke)
Seeing that the countries we would go to war with don't have much control over their own governments, then we will screw everyone alongside Russia and China. (maybe costa rica :lick: if you get this please let me know if you dont I can explain)

A_man13

Smash Master
A_man, Why not the F-bomb? (jeff dunham joke)
GASP! I choose to avoid that word at all costs. Though when my brother got out of the bunker in mario Golf by luck I said "Stupid Bunker" but didn't pronounce the N as loud as I should've. Let's just say he ran downstairs and I went on a guilt rant.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Trance is a form of techno, so therefore by a bunch of weird factors, it's the same thing.
Trance also happens to be my favorite genre.
Trance is a sub-genre of techno. You should have referred to it as trance music if you had known what it was.

Darkslash

Smash Master
GASP! I choose to avoid that word at all costs. Though when my brother got out of the bunker in mario Golf by luck I said "Stupid Bunker" but didn't pronounce the N as loud as I should've. Let's just say he ran downstairs and I went on a guilt rant.
I drop those daily...i guess as you get older it doesn't affect you as much...

M.K

Level 55
Yeah, I try to avoid the F-Bomb, but I use other curse words at discretion.

Anyways, two new sprites!

Introducing: Raikarce in GSC artistic style. (Raikou + Dunsparce)

Christmas Toterra!

A_man13

Smash Master

Christmas Toterra!
I hate dunsparce, so I cannot bear to comment on the top one. What the heck is that poke, anyways?

You seriously need to fuse tortera more. Your best always seems to be with it and this is no exception.

M.K

Level 55
I hate dunsparce, so I cannot bear to comment on the top one. What the heck is that poke, anyways?

You seriously need to fuse tortera more. Your best always seems to be with it and this is no exception.
Thanks A_Man =D I'm not too fond of Raikou or Dunsparce, but the contest rules were fusing two wild Pokemon in Crystal who were the same color. I like Entei but his sprite is....odd to work with.

I love working with Torterra, and that is why I do a good job with him!

A_man13

Smash Master
Thanks A_Man =D I'm not too fond of Raikou or Dunsparce, but the contest rules were fusing two wild Pokemon in Crystal who were the same color. I like Entei but his sprite is....odd to work with.

I love working with Torterra, and that is why I do a good job with him!
Were there specific limitations to the fuse? There should've been better out there if same color is the only factor.

Yeah. I remember electric tortera, mushroom tortera, and likely another one along the way; all excelent.

I went back and fixed my rock lobster from a while back now that I fixed the anti alis.

M.K

Level 55
Were there specific limitations to the fuse? There should've been better out there if same color is the only factor.

Yeah. I remember electric tortera, mushroom tortera, and likely another one along the way; all excelent.

I went back and fixed my rock lobster from a while back now that I fixed the anti alis.

Well, the Pokemon had to be wild in the Crystal Version...but I am pressed for time and I wanted to get something done quickly (plus the Serebii community wuvs Dunsparce).
Yes, Torterra is easy to get inspiration for! I sort of want to do a Water-Type Torterra with a Water slide and a pool...but that's alot of work XD

Rock Lobster looks excellent! The only tiny thing I could suggest would be to make the feet a darker or lighter color than the body to distinguish them.

A_man13

Smash Master
Well, the Pokemon had to be wild in the Crystal Version...but I am pressed for time and I wanted to get something done quickly (plus the Serebii community wuvs Dunsparce).
Yes, Torterra is easy to get inspiration for! I sort of want to do a Water-Type Torterra with a Water slide and a pool...but that's alot of work XD

Rock Lobster looks excellent! The only tiny thing I could suggest would be to make the feet a darker or lighter color than the body to distinguish them.
The copy pasted legs weren't the best idea. Ah well, I'm happy with that as is.

Hm, what could we do with tortera...

-Steel torterra with machine guns and turrents
-Water tortera (your idea)
-Volcano tortera with fireballs, volcanos, and a pit o lava
-Flying tortera with windmills

So I can see that anything with a shell practically ment to be drawn on you can do a lot. Only thing more creative is paining on a smeargle.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Sigh, do we even sprite anymore? Lul?
****it, I'm sorry. I know I promised to sprite more, and it sort of feels (and probably seems) like I'm being lazy as hell, but it's like when I'm not working my *** off for one thing or another (I just ended up working on something for nearly 6 hours straight) I'm trying to enjoy the moment of break I have, and before I know it the moment is over and I'm back to work again. *Sigh* As soon as I'm back up on my feet and can BREATHE again, I'll try to get spriting again. I'm really missing spriting now, I just can't actually do **** about it right now.

Again, I'm sorry...to everyone.

I'm sure your comment wasn't directed at me, but...what can I say, I have a guilty conscience.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
You shouldn't feel guilty for being busy, spriting is not the most important thing in life and I'm sure everyone realises that. There is no need to apologize, if you have some free time and you feel up to it make a sprite if not don't worry about it. Well thats what I think anyway.

Even though I'm a bit late I'll do it anyway. My favourite song right now!
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4&feature=channel_page

I thought it was funny :)

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
No one's picking it up becuase you did it wrong. Unless you change it no one going to see or do it.

Remember to add

~Request~
Garchomp Vs Charizard(Its an example but if any one wants to do it...)
Hey, guys. if you still do Poke fusions, that would be great (I want a kool avi). I'd like a fusion between a Slakoth and a Bastiadon. if you can't do it, then I'd take a fusion between Slakoth and Prinplup. or if you could do both, that would be even more awesome :D

EDIT: Make it good, because I wasted my 975th post on this (:)). only 25 more posts till lord!

EDIT #2: ~request~
Slakoth vs. Prinplup
Slakoth vs. Bastiadon.
well, it's fixed, if that really was it.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I can imagine that..."MOOOOM, Austin said the 'F' word!"

Mk, I do like your torterras they are quite original, and the idea for the raikou/dunsparce was cool.

Lv.99

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, shut up. You know nothing of good music.

Trance is a form of techno, so therefore by a bunch of weird factors, it's the same thing.
Trance also happens to be my favorite genre.

Sigh, do we even sprite anymore? Lul?
Since I've been here, I think I've turned out 20 or so sprites. So I know I have been busy. Although, most of those were over Christmas break so I had plenty of free time.

Christmas Toterra!
The Dunspare+Raikou splice is good, I just don't like it. The coloring is good, the style is good, but I don't think they're compatible.

The Christmas Torterra is nice, but I feel like it is missing something. I compliment you on the detail you put into it, but the body feels sort of land by only being red. I don't know, I just feel as though you could do something there.

(Sorry about the criticism, but I think it is pointless to only complement somebody. Why not help them get better?)

Oh yeah, I call a Valentine's Day Pokemon. I jut don't know which one I want yet.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
You shouldn't feel guilty for being busy, spriting is not the most important thing in life and I'm sure everyone realises that. There is no need to apologize, if you have some free time and you feel up to it make a sprite if not don't worry about it. Well thats what I think anyway.
No, it's not, but I still feel lazy and I promised MK I would work on the shop more while he took a break, and I haven't really been working all that much more.

Man D:

This went from a CPS thing to a everyone thing.

-:bowser:Bowser King
Yeah, my feelings exactly...if it becomes enough of a fad I'm changing my avatar. CPS Thing = awesome. SmashBoards fad = conformity. Conformity leads to roboticism. Roboticism leads to the dark side.

Oh yeah, I call a Valentine's Day Pokemon. I jut don't know which one I want yet.
I call doing a depressing Valentine's Day Pokemon.

Yay for being emo and nonconformist.

Oh, and the sprites look fantastic as always, guys.

Lv.99

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, my feelings exactly...if it becomes enough of a fad I'm changing my avatar. CPS Thing = awesome. SmashBoards fad = conformity. Conformity leads to roboticism. Roboticism leads to the dark side.

I'm not too much of a fan of conformity. Individuality is too sweet a joy to give up.

And I just realized, I hate Valentine's Day, so I scrapped that project.

I have also decided that like MK, I am going to have a "specialized pokemon". Furret, Hitmontop (come on, you know he's cool), and Nidoking are mine.

Of course, I have no say on requests, I just will start focusing on more advanced spriting with these three.

Edit: HOOO! I have just thought of the best sprite EVER! It is a cross over blend and it's going to be awesome. But, I want to see how it turns out before I start giving away hype.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way

I'm in a rant-y, angry mood. Seriously I feel like writing a giant rant of doom here.

I let a bit out in the CPSF group but that just isn't enough.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

-:bowser:Bowser King

Top Bottom