• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

Darkslash

Smash Master
And by the way, my friends have all become OBSESSED with World at War. It's kind of fun but at the same time it's really obnoxious how much they like it -- every time I hang out with them we play it for like, 4 hours. If not more.
****!!!! They beat the game on single player Vet yet? I swear to god the Germans and Japanese love to Grenade spam so much that its unbearable. But 4 hours straight does seem a bit too much. I play at least 10 games and take a break or stop playing.

EDIT: Should we convince mods to use Link avatars?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Next time they come over to your house make them play Melee for 4 hours.
Haha, I should totally do that.

The problem is, majority usually rules with my friends so even if I really want to force them to play Melee for four hours they'll likely get bored after one and rule to play World at War.

****!!!! They beat the game on single player Vet yet? I swear to god the Germans and Japanese love to Grenade spam so much that its unbearable. But 4 hours straight does seem a bit too much. I play at least 10 games and take a break or stop playing.

EDIT: Should we convince mods to use Link avatars?
No clue. Only two of these particular friends actually own the game, but the rest of them are also obsessed with playing it for whatever reason. Of the two that do, I'm pretty sure one hasn't even beaten it on Easy (or whatever the easiest mode is), and the other one MIGHT have. But one of them is REALLY GOOD and is really annoying because he ends up owning all of us about 70 kills to 30 some or less. With about 15 deaths with the rest of us at about...30 or more.

They don't really play four hours in a ROW, and I suppose it's really more five hours. We generally play World at War for 2 and a half hours, then play Halo 3 (because apparently there's NOTHING ELSE we can do besides play FPS's) for about a half an hour on multiplayer, then spend a half an hour screwing around on the final level of the campaign, and move back to World at War until we're done hanging out.

The problem is likely that we don't really play GAMES. We set no point or time limit, pick a map and play until someone gets sick of the map and wants to change it. There are six of us that hang out together, though, so we swap off controllers every now and then.
And then I was actually doing decently today, and then they decided they didn't want me using the Grenade Launcher because it was too...cheap, I suppose? Even though I suck at FPS's so much that it's really the only way I can actually even it out so I don't absolutely fail.

By the end of this kick of theirs, I'm going to end up hating World at War, just like what happened to me with Halo for a while.

We can try to convince the mods to get Link avatars. Although I don't think we'd succeed.

M.K

Level 55
Would any aspiring spriters here be interested if I started making guides for aspiring spriters? (Wow, redundant much? I fail at grammar).
I don't want to make them if nobody reads them.
I was just thinking, wouldn't it be weird if all five members made sprites in different ways? I mean, I know that there are basic steps, but I wonder if the entire process is the same for all of us. Weird thinking =P
I love you guys (random, but this is an awesome thread).

BTW my new favorite song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqfCYIqvQ1o

I love it so MUCH.

Meta-Kirby's Daily Lul:

http://mudkipdesudesu.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/dement.png

karthik_king

Smash Ace
Yeah that Roy was awesome. Great Christmas gift as a Texture I hated the Shadow joke That was just cruel. Do not give into The Evil power of Toom Link swarms

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
That song was actually pretty good MK. I usually listen to heavy stuff so that was a refrreshing change.

Have any of you guys played Resident Evil 4 my friend just lent me the Wii version and I love it. This is the first game of the series I've played and it has definitely made mw a fan.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
MK, I think you should make one and see what people think, just don't be to elaborate, that way if it's not accepted you don't waste as much if your time.

I usually start by looking at the spriyes and seeing how I could make them fit. If I can't then that's when I reskin.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Man there is alot of toon link avy's, were do we get some?
Would any aspiring spriters here be interested if I started making guides for aspiring spriters? (Wow, redundant much? I fail at grammar).
I don't want to make them if nobody reads them.
Well, a lot of people coming to the shop end up wanting to know how we create the sprites, so I think it would definitely get some use.

Also, I'm pretty sure that's not redundant or bad grammar. Although I think it would technically be better to say "...interested in me making..." rather than "...interested if I started making...". But yeah.

Also, you know what's rather stupid? I looked on iTunes to see if they had the Mirror's Edge soundtrack -- I wasn't really expecting it, but I felt like checking anyways. They do, in a way. But by "soundtrack" I mean 11 "different" versions of "Still Alive" (the main theme, and yes, it has the same name as the one from Portal). Three of which seem to be the same version with different lengths...from the previews, I couldn't tell any difference, except the length. Also, the "versions" are remixes, about two of which are good and the rest are either crappy or really weird. I was hoping to find all of the different ambiences for the different levels.
Well, I can always just dig up a torrent or something somewhere, I'm sure.

EDIT:...Aaand what do you know, I found a torrent.

Oh, and one more thing; does anyone know of a good method to move an entire iTunes library from one computer to another?

M.K

Level 55
Well, a lot of people coming to the shop end up wanting to know how we create the sprites, so I think it would definitely get some use.

Also, I'm pretty sure that's not redundant or bad grammar. Although I think it would technically be better to say "...interested in me making..." rather than "...interested if I started making...". But yeah.

Also, you know what's rather stupid? I looked on iTunes to see if they had the Mirror's Edge soundtrack -- I wasn't really expecting it, but I felt like checking anyways. They do, in a way. But by "soundtrack" I mean 11 "different" versions of "Still Alive" (the main theme, and yes, it has the same name as the one from Portal). Three of which seem to be the same version with different lengths...from the previews, I couldn't tell any difference, except the length. Also, the "versions" are remixes, about two of which are good and the rest are either crappy or really weird. I was hoping to find all of the different ambiences for the different levels.
Well, I can always just dig up a torrent or something somewhere, I'm sure.

EDIT:...Aaand what do you know, I found a torrent.

Oh, and one more thing; does anyone know of a good method to move an entire iTunes library from one computer to another?
Use your Ipod as a USB drive.
My old computer with ALL of my Itunes material crashed, and I lost everything. Luckily, everything that I had was on my Ipod. You HAVE to buy some type of Ipod --> Itunes software :(

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Use your Ipod as a USB drive.
Oh yeah, heh, that would make sense.

Do I have to do anything special with that (i.e. download a program that will copy them into iTunes) or is there a way to just copy them off of the iPod itself?

Also, one other question that I just recalled...I put some of my songs and videos (only some, because I have about 16-20GB (I can't remember at the moment) of stuff total and only 8GB of space) on my iPod Touch, and while looking through some of my songs, I saw really screwed up Album Artwork...like some (read: a LOT) that don't have it at all, when I know they should, one Jimmy Eat World album's artwork for another one, Phoenix Wright album artwork for an Our Lady Peace album...that kind of thing. (If you don't know either of those bands, just ignore me. I'm weird.)

Anyways, the question being: anyone know the cause/solution for this? I've synced my Touch multiple times, but it's still the same thing.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Yeah that Roy was awesome. Great Christmas gift as a Texture I hated the Shadow joke That was just cruel. Do not give into The Evil power of Toom Link swarms
The Shadow joke made me laugh. I saw the title and I was like, "This isn't gonna be Shadow" and I turned out to be right.

And MK, go make the guide. Maybe it'll help me get out of my sprite making funk.

M.K

Level 55
Oh yeah, heh, that would make sense.

Do I have to do anything special with that (i.e. download a program that will copy them into iTunes) or is there a way to just copy them off of the iPod itself?

Also, one other question that I just recalled...I put some of my songs and videos (only some, because I have about 16-20GB (I can't remember at the moment) of stuff total and only 8GB of space) on my iPod Touch, and while looking through some of my songs, I saw really screwed up Album Artwork...like some (read: a LOT) that don't have it at all, when I know they should, one Jimmy Eat World album's artwork for another one, Phoenix Wright album artwork for an Our Lady Peace album...that kind of thing. (If you don't know either of those bands, just ignore me. I'm weird.)

Anyways, the question being: anyone know the cause/solution for this? I've synced my Touch multiple times, but it's still the same thing.
It is an unfortunate glitch. =/

You have to buy some type of software, OR ELSE Itunes will ONLY transfer your "purchased" music. This prevents people from taking other people's music off their Itunes and uploading it to theirs.
I bought Tune Tools from Best Buy, and I am positive it will work. It helps transfer material from Ipod --> Itunes.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Okay, thanks for the help MK.

Zook, Techno is awesome. It's so catchy it's amazing. That said, I still prefer Rock/Metal/general video game music above all. And I don't like blues or scat at all, really. To each his own, I suppose.

And one thing that's been bugging me for a while...in your sig, Zook, you have it linked to DWYP, but only "DRAW WITH YOU" is linked, and "R POWER" is in blue. Is that on purpose or an accident? Because it's kind of annoying me a bit...

Firus's new favorite song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcyxG2DwMRQ

...Well, that's just a RickRoll.

This is my actual new favorite song.

MINDGAMES SON!

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Zook, Techno is awesome. It's so catchy it's amazing. That said, I still prefer Rock/Metal/general video game music above all. And I don't like blues or scat at all, really. To each his own, I suppose.
It is catchy, but in a bad way. If you ask me, of course.

Eh, I do like one techno song. Anyone ever heard Handsome Volcano Rocks?

And one thing that's been bugging me for a while...in your sig, Zook, you have it linked to DWYP, but only "DRAW WITH YOU" is linked, and "R POWER" is in blue. Is that on purpose or an accident? Because it's kind of annoying me a bit...
I tried to make it a full link once, but I messed it up and never changed it. I kinda like it... :(

Firus's new favorite song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcyxG2DwMRQ

...Well, that's just a RickRoll.

This is my actual new favorite song.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
It is catchy, but in a bad way. If you ask me, of course.
I can see what you mean. Although I personally like it. This is quite possibly one of the most awesome catchy songs I've ever heard, though. And about playing a video game (albeit one I don't play), nonetheless.

I tried to make it a full link once, but I messed it up and never changed it. I kinda like it... :(
Ah. Well, it bothers me because I'm just neurotic like that.

Heh.

NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
Hey, guys. if you still do Poke fusions, that would be great (I want a kool avi). I'd like a fusion between a Slakoth and a Bastiadon. if you can't do it, then I'd take a fusion between Slakoth and Prinplup. or if you could do both, that would be even more awesome :D

EDIT: Make it good, because I wasted my 975th post on this (:)). only 25 more posts till lord!

EDIT #2: ~request~
Slakoth and Prinplup
Slakoth and Bastiadon.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Electric Type Nidorina (If anybody's noticed, I don't name these)
Than I'll name it for you. :)

Electorina is f**ing awesome put it feels more fusion like due to the Elekid plugs and Raichu tail. Even though pasting pieces doesn't truly feel like a type change, I think it was necessary.

btw, how do you guys take off parts of pokemon when doing fusions so perfectly?

Lv.99

Smash Journeyman

Electorina is f**ing awesome put it feels more fusion like due to the Elekid plugs and Raichu tail. Even though pasting pieces doesn't truly feel like a type change, I think it was necessary.

I know how to do it with paint. First, I just think about what I want to take off (take Raichu's tail). Then, I use the pencil and erase all pixels for about two lines outward. Then I just use the eraser to erase the entire sprite and then past the base over it. Mine normally look rather clean because I do it pixel by pixel.

And yes, I know it is more of a fusion, but most type changes really have to be. I could just do a recolor to an electric palette, but then it doesn't look right. So, I use parts that define the type, such as tails, or wings.

zrky

Smash Lol'd

I just get the lasso and make a general circle around what I want and then move it to the side and erase what isn't needed (a.k.a. junk pixels)

hand sock puppet, read the title please.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Uh, do I want to...nevermind. Anyway, I have just finished a random sprite :)

Electric Type Nidorina (If anybody's noticed, I don't name these)

That's a great sprite, nice job!

EDIT: I need your help people (mainly the people with the homebrew channel). I saw some update on channels and some really cool games on some nintendo site that you can get through wii shop channel. I was wondering (since I don't want to upgrade to ver 3.4 as it deletes homebrew) is there a way around it? I really want some SNES/N64/NES games and with homebrew I can't.

EDIT:

lololol

Triple Red Link Post

-:bowser:Bowser King

Darkslash

Smash Master
Since every one is doing it...

DarkSlash new favorite song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL6XGOV--F0&fmt=18
& possibly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL2od1AF_Cs

Ohh yea i got a question about my friend. I'm not sure if i should call him ignorant,naive or stupid.

He wants World War 3 to happen, wants the government to use a draft when that happens and doesn't think countries would use nukes on each other in World war 3.

so what is he? Ignorant,Naive,Stupid or a combination of 2 or 3?

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Ohh yea i got a question about my friend. I'm not sure if i should call him ignorant,naive or stupid.

He wants World War 3 to happen, wants the government to use a draft when that happens and doesn't think countries would use nukes on each other in World war 3.

so what is he? Ignorant,Naive,Stupid or a combination of 2 or 3?
None of them. Does he have a reason for believing this? If so, I need to hear it in order to judge. If not, he's probably just trying to be funny.

Also, check out these mean guys I made in Spore:

(For some reason, his eyes are closed)

Darkslash

Smash Master
None of them. Does he have a reason for believing this? If so, I need to hear it in order to judge. If not, he's probably just trying to be funny.
He believes countries won't nuke each other becuase of "rules of war" which i think is bullcrap. He also asked me what would you do in a draft. Join the Army, Artillery(which is part of the army I hope he meant air force) or Navy. He also went to the Canadian armed forces website for a possible scholarship so I don't believe he's joking he's dead serious.
EDIT: He also said he would join the Artillery becuase they aren't priority targets, which I also think is bullcrap. I mean if they weren't priority targets why the hell did they bomb the places 88's were located to hell and back.
Also i can't tell what your spore creatures are :/

zrky

Smash Lol'd
He is ignorant for thinking nuces wouldn't be used. I do want it to happen but just to see what are the outcomes, but at the same time I hope nothing comes to that choice. I'm lucky I'm flat footed so no draft for me =D

Darkslash

Smash Master
He is ignorant for thinking nuces wouldn't be used. I do want it to happen but just to see what are the outcomes, but at the same time I hope nothing comes to that choice. I'm lucky I'm flat footed so no draft for me =D

Disturbing ftl
I find my self lucky that when the nuke launched in CoD 4 that you didn't see any corpses like that. Seeing this clip now i know why the Japanese are the biggest No to Nukes people out there.

EDIT: Though i find my self unlucky that a nuke was launched in the first place.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
He believes countries won't nuke each other becuase of "rules of war" which i think is bullcrap. He also asked me what would you do in a draft. Join the Army, Artillery(which is part of the army I hope he meant air force) or Navy. He also went to the Canadian armed forces website for a possible scholarship so I don't believe he's joking he's dead serious.
EDIT: He also said he would join the Artillery becuase they aren't priority targets, which I also think is bullcrap. I mean if they weren't priority targets why the hell did they bomb the places 88's were located to hell and back.
Also i can't tell what your spore creatures are :/
Well, he certainly has an interesting take on life.

And what do you mean, 'you can't tell what my spore creatures are?' They aren't supposed to be anything, I just made 'em up.

zrky

Smash Lol'd

(For some reason, his eyes are closed)the camera flash, duh:lick:
i like the 1st one, the others are cool.When did you get it? do you have an EA account so i can add you as a buddy?

Unlike my pokemon, like my other SPORE Picassos, they are random and cool

Bowser King

Have It Your Way

(For some reason, his eyes are closed)
I like the 1st one the best and the 2nd one is pretty cool. The tird one would be my least favourite.

lololol

triple Red link post :p

-:bowser:Bowser King

M.K

Level 55
I can see what you mean. Although I personally like it. This is quite possibly one of the most awesome catchy songs I've ever heard, though. And about playing a video game (albeit one I don't play), nonetheless.

Ah. Well, it bothers me because I'm just neurotic like that.

Heh.

NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
Aww, Firus, you are such a techno mainstreamer!
Here is some awesome techno and fanmade techno:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfuLYW3HVoQ <-- Also by Basshunter, yet better than DotA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYjmE-mtB6g <-- Incredo-catchy. Yes. I made a word for it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8thtWNsWEFg <-- One of my favorite EVAR.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UossXmi3jts&feature=related <-- So. ****. Catchy!

Disturbing ftl
I find my self lucky that when the nuke launched in CoD 4 that you didn't see any corpses like that. Seeing this clip now i know why the Japanese are the biggest No to Nukes people out there.

EDIT: Though i find my self unlucky that a nuke was launched in the first place.
Oh my god, that was so sad. Dammit...that was freaking horrible. Argh, that makes me so furious and makes me want to cry at the same time. **** that war.

i like the 1st one, the others are cool.When did you get it? do you have an EA account so i can add you as a buddy?

Unlike my pokemon, like my other SPORE Picassos, they are random and cool
Have you seen the new expansion pack? Search "Spore Creepy and Cute" on Youtube. I'm thinking about getting it, the creepy creatures are **** scary `.`

zrky

Smash Lol'd
quadruple red link post:bee:
MK YOU MESSED IT UP!!!!
ugh im supposed to be putting together a science fair bored right now, but im to lazy............

zrky

Smash Lol'd
triple red again:)

MK, yes I have seen the expansion and I want it very badly, but don't know when ill get it since my mom just got me Halo# which is $60 so idk when she will let me get it:(

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
Top Bottom