• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Besides -- if I have to hack Brawl to enjoy it as much as Melee, why don't I just play Melee in the first place?
More characters.

I loved that book. It defines the natural drive for power in humans really well. Plus, it had an imaginary talking pig head that gave somewhat insightful advice in a way he didn't mean to.
I read it in 8th grade. All I really remember about it is that Piggy's head went splat.

Also, what is the appeal to Phoenix Wright games? Playing as an anime-style lawyer doesn't seem like a very... interesting concept to me. I hear they're pretty good, but I am still relucatant to buy one.

I love quirky games (Neverhood was great, love Wario Ware series), but I'm not too sure on this one.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
More characters.
Brawl's content is meh for the most part, characters included. There are some cool characters, but even hacking Brawl doesn't make it as good as Melee, so uh...yeah.

I don't want to play Brawl, some of you do.

/Melee and Brawl discussion

Also, what is the appeal to Phoenix Wright games? Playing as an anime-style lawyer doesn't seem like a very... interesting concept to me. I hear they're pretty good, but I am still relucatant to buy one.

I love quirky games (Neverhood was great, love Wario Ware series), but I'm not too sure on this one.
It's not playing as the character(s) that is the appeal...it's the general fun. It's almost like an interactive crime movie/TV show, although that doesn't really do it justice. But the suspense of the plot, the tension of trying to figure out holes in a witness's testimony...plus you do investigating to find evidence for the trial. It takes you by the hand very much, but it's my favorite game on the DS.

Wrath`

Smash Master
The Pheonix Wright series was great, it is funny, interesting and coll all at the same time. Plus this game has the best localaization out of any games I have played,all jokes are American based. I found the first best, just for the VonKarma/Dl6 incident case

My time zone stayed them same at -5 during when you were experencing problems.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
It's not playing as the character(s) that is the appeal...it's the general fun. It's almost like an interactive crime movie/TV show, although that doesn't really do it justice. But the suspense of the plot, the tension of trying to figure out holes in a witness's testimony...plus you do investigating to find evidence for the trial. It takes you by the hand very much, but it's my favorite game on the DS.
Actually, the only reason I still played the first Phoenix Wright after the second trial was because of the awesome story. The gameplay can be retardedly broken at times (there are SEVERAL cases where I tried to present evidence that pointed out a contradiction and instead got infracted for it). In my opinion, Capcom went out of there way to make the game hard, but not in the good (Megaman) way.

You should buy it anyway. The story and non-court segments make up 10 fold for the ****ty court gameplay.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
The Pheonix Wright series was great, it is funny, interesting and coll all at the same time. Plus this game has the best localaization out of any games I have played,all jokes are American based. I found the first best, just for the VonKarma/Dl6 incident case
Wait, what jokes? I just played that case but I can't remember what jokes were in that part...

But yeah, I haven't played the second or third games yet, but my friend told me about two jokes in the third game...in close proximity to each other, and epic win pop culture references to boot.

Epic win number one
...I can't find the other one on YouTube. But it's a reference to the Zelda TV show.

Actually, the only reason I still played the first Phoenix Wright after the second trial was because of the awesome story. The gameplay can be retardedly broken at times (there are SEVERAL cases where I tried to present evidence that pointed out a contradiction and instead got infracted for it). In my opinion, Capcom went out of there way to make the game hard, but not in the good (Megaman) way.[/;QUOTE]

I didn't find all that many places where I presented evidence that made sense and got penalized for it -- it only happened once, during the third trial. I was *Spoiler*
trying to present the van as evidence for Dee Vasquez not having eaten the steak, because she would've been fatigued and had to ride in the van as a result, possibly...and it turned out the actual evidence you had to present was someone else's plate with a bone from the steak, to point out that she didn't have a bone on her plate so she got rid of the steak rather than eating it...most roundabout conclusion I've seen.

Oh, and I forgot to mention the awesome and fitting music. As I posted earlier, the Pursit - Cornered song is awesome, as is the Turnabout Sister's theme (but especially the slow, elegant ballad version). The other songs aren't as awesome outside of context, but in context they're very fitting.

Seriously though. There's nearly nothing more satisfying than presenting that testimony-shattering piece of evidence, having the murderer break down, and hearing that music in the background while Phoenix shouts "OBJECTION!" triumphantly.

Wrath`

Smash Master
@Firus, I wasn't refering to jokes in that case, just all around in the game, but
Karma does shock you with 600,000 voltz, but wouldn't you die from that many voltz?

Anyway, 2 is ok, but the 3rd is much better than 2, I have yet to play Apollo Justice

3 has Godot and Luke Atmey
1>3>2

M.K

Level 55
Mmkay GUYS, did you finish setting up camp?
I set up the tent....over there....so I can sleep.
I GOT THE FIRE STARTED. Hahaha, BURN BURN!
Okay, and I got all the clothes washed and hung up to dry...and I even carved our initials into the chest, it's just FABULOUS!
Garsh, I wonder what Ganon's up to...
YOU NEVER WONDERED THAT BECAUSE YOU DON'T THINK!
Well EXCCCUUUSSSEE me prince--
YOU'RE NOT WELCOME HERE!
Hey....what about...that guy?
I'll get you gadget.....

LOL my absolute favorite part of s00pah nin10doh

Also:

MASTER! HE'S OUT THERE LIKE TOTALLY OWNING EVERYTHING WITHOUT EVEN TRYING!

This is BULL****!

Whadda we do!?!?!?!?!
We stay and fight and go down with the ship.

Ok....better idea!

ABBAAANNDDOOONNN SHIIIPP!!!!!!!!

Test all of your WARIO MICROGAMES SKILLS!

Crush the little girl!
grope the boobies!
Play with knives!

SWEET RAVE PARTY!!!!

I wanna use this, but i'll look so gay LOL

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Hm...

Now I want to use it, for teh lulz.

Just to see all the GBD nubs try to come back with 'but ur homo luk @ ur avitar lol!11' when I own them in an argument.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
@Firus, I wasn't refering to jokes in that case, just all around in the game, but
Karma does shock you with 600,000 voltz, but wouldn't you die from that many voltz?
Ah, okay. As for the other part,
apparently not. I still like this, though, even though the bodies are badly Photoshopped on.

>.>
Apparently, Spoiler tags + Links = pointless spoiler tags.
Not that it matters, really. In this case, anyways.

Anyway, 2 is ok, but the 3rd is much better than 2, I have yet to play Apollo Justice

3 has Godot and Luke Atmey
1>3>2
Apollo Justice is supposed to be good, but I'm bitter about it because I'm upset that
Phoenix had to lose his Attorney...License, badge, whatever it would be.

My friend, who's a big Phoenix Wright fan, really likes Godot. He wants to cosplay as him (if that's the correct usage of cosplay, I'm confused about how to use it -- no clue what part of speech it is...). I'm anxious to see his costume.

I wanna use this, but i'll look so gay LOL
Not anymore than this would.
|
|
V

Minus Zelda, of course. I just couldn't find it without her in there too.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Hm? What do you mean "personal picture"? You mean a custom avatar? Just click on your avatar at the top of the page, scroll down to the bottom and input either a link or upload it from your computer.

If you're talking about your Profile Picture in your...well, profile, go to User CP > Edit Profile Picture.

If you're talking about something else...what are you talking about?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
So, I have yet another complaint about casual appealing. I was just in GameStop and heard tons of shrieking children. Including two raving about Cooking Mama to their dad, and after telling him what you do in it, the father commented that it seemed stupid, but the children insisted. I felt bad for the father.

But I got the second PW game, so I'm happy.

Also, I'm typing this from my newly-won iPod Touch! Yay!

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
So, I have yet another complaint about casual appealing. I was just in GameStop and heard tons of shrieking children. Including two raving about Cooking Mama to their dad, and after telling him what you do in it, the father commented that it seemed stupid, but the children insisted. I felt bad for the father.

But I got the second PW game, so I'm happy.

Also, I'm typing this from my newly-won iPod Touch! Yay!
My dad hates the newer games. He won't touch a game like Cooking Mama but he plays a lot of other games (I recently got him into FE). Having a dad who plays games is pretty cool :p

I just finished replaying the 2nd game. I found it to be a lot of fun and the new additions were pretty cool.

Nice! I almost have enough for a touch ($25 dollars short) through gathering up some spare cash from my birthday and Christmas. It's going to take me a while since now is the time I call the "Money drought". It's hard to work because of all the snow and how cold it is and most of my money is already gone. Plus, I won't be getting a lot of cash for a while :(.

There's also some pretty cool stuff coming out soon so I don't know what to do.

Either way, I should have enough cash for a touch, a DSi and some good games by summer (that's with help from my brother).

-:bowser:Bowser King

Lv.99

Smash Journeyman
Okay, seriously, how do I get the white background off of my pictures?

I'm now using GIMP and I did add an alpha channel that would show white as transparent. If you look at my avatar, you see how well that is working.

Are there certain saving specifications?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'm shopping for a Shiny Gardevoir Plushie, anyone know where I could buy one? (Or someone can make one? I've been searching, but no luck T.T)
I think you'd be lucky to find a Gardevoir plushie at all, much less a shiny one...

Also, I have little to no sewing skills so...I couldn't really help.

My dad hates the newer games. He won't touch a game like Cooking Mama but he plays a lot of other games (I recently got him into FE). Having a dad who plays games is pretty cool :p
Yeah, your dad sounds pretty cool.

I just finished replaying the 2rd game. I found it to be a lot of fun and the new additions were pretty cool.
2rd? Heh.

Nice! I almost have enough for a touch ($25 dollars short) through gathering up some spare cash from my birthday and Christmas. It's going to take me a while since now is the time I call the "Money drought". It's hard to work because of all the snow and how cold it is and most of my money is already gone. Plus, I won't be getting a lot of cash for a while :(.

There's also some pretty cool stuff coming out soon so I don't know what to do.

Either way, I should have enough cash for a touch, a DSi and some good games by summer (that's with help from my brother).

Cool. The iPod Touch is definitely worth it. You can (obviously) access the internet from it, download silly, free apps for it (including a lightsaber one where you swing the iPod and it makes lightsaber sounds), download useful apps like AIM, and download games. There are ones you have to pay for too (including an air horn for $3: who's going to pay $3 for an air horn? $1, MAYBE.), some of which are cool, but it's an awesome feature nonetheless.

I still can't believe I won it, though. It was through a raffle, and I was telling myself that there was no way I was going to win an iPod so I sort of wanted to win the backpacks of Xbox Original games they were giving out (which, as far as I could tell, had crappy games in them).
And then I won the only iPod Touch. :D

Okay, seriously, how do I get the white background off of my pictures?

I'm now using GIMP and I did add an alpha channel that would show white as transparent. If you look at my avatar, you see how well that is working.

Are there certain saving specifications?
That always happens with avatars. You've got to change the background to the same color as the postbit's background for them.

In any other case, that should work.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Firus Firus Firus....You of all people should know the Steel Samurai is out of fashion. Its all about the Nickel Samurai now!

Plus I can't wait for "Made in Ore" for the DSi. You can create sprites music and stages. then with Asobu! Made in Ore you can play them on your "insert random number" inch screen. I really can't wait.

Also does the U.S use the Imperial system?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Firus Firus Firus....You of all people should know the Steel Samurai is out of fashion. Its all about the Nickel Samurai now!

Plus I can't wait for "Made in Ore" for the DSi. You can create sprites music and stages. then with Asobu! Made in Ore you can play them on your "insert random number" inch screen. I really can't wait.

Also does the U.S use the Imperial system?
I thought it was all about Pink Princess. Guess I'm behind the times...(Better play moar Phoenix Wright.)

For the Imperial system, I assume you're referring to measurement? Then yes.

We're just about the only country that still does. WHY DON'T WE JUST SWITCH OVER TO METRIC ALREADY!?

A_man13

Smash Master
We're just about the only country that still does. WHY DON'T WE JUST SWITCH OVER TO METRIC ALREADY!?
Sometimes I wish we did, but look how badly that would upheave american society? The older generation would not make the transition well and we'd start having less bingo night and more riots. I hardly get imperial anyways, so the switch is fine with me.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
This should be required for all TCPS regulars and spriters (Meaning all the spriters, me, Korain, Zook, and everybody else (you know who you are)).

I'm not joking. That would be ****in' awesome.

And even if you guys don't, I'm making it my avatar anyway.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Sometimes I wish we did, but look how badly that would upheave american society? The older generation would not make the transition well and we'd start having less bingo night and more riots. I hardly get imperial anyways, so the switch is fine with me.
Yeah, imperial just doesn't make sense. Metric goes in multiples of tens. Imperial is just completely WTF.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
not muche happened today, probably cuz I wasn't here:p

Firus got an iPod touch!!!! cool, now you can type from the middle of nowhere like me:)

ugh -_- bored

Wrath`

Smash Master
This should be required for all TCPS regulars and spriters (Meaning all the spriters, me, Korain, Zook, and everybody else (you know who you are)).

Sure, wynaut? (bad pun...)

Someone should attempt to make an original Prosocuter/Attorney scine were all on this PW streak.

XACE-K

Smash Master

If that's the case, get me a pic of the angry Red link. Either when he's yelling at somebody or when he made the fire.

I'm an angry person at times IRL.

Lv.99

Smash Journeyman

I don't know if I'm a member here, but this picture is hilarious. I'll use it, until I can fix up my megaman avatar (megaman is so much better than toonlink).

Edit: Never mind, I fixed my avatar (that only took a whole 3 seconds)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

Darkslash

Smash Master
Whoa I think Phoenix Wright has gotten to every ones head o_0 the only person i saw with a Phoenix Wright Avatar was Cheifmandez and now every one i know is using one...

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Whoa I think Phoenix Wright has gotten to every ones head o_0 the only person i saw with a Phoenix Wright Avatar was Cheifmandez and now every one i know is using one...
Well, that's because Phoenix Wright is awesome.

EDIT: I made avatars for all of the Links, in case anyone's interested in using one besides...well, the awesome one.

I made two for Red because he had two good situations for an avatar. I still think Purple's the best, though.

M.K

Level 55
Haha, I love the Toon Link shop avatar idea.

I made some more so we have a variety to choose from!

FIRUS! Hahaha, this was great, awesome thinking...it's like we have the same mindset O_O

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I love Saturdays at 8:00. Triple k.k FTW!

If i had gotten my AC:CF back from my cousin it would have been quadruple k.k D:

I played AC:GC then AC:WW and then Brawl :p

/random comment

I call red cause Iz da boozer, thanks MK :)

M.K

Level 55
I love Saturdays at 8:00. Triple k.k FTW!

If i had gotten my AC:CF back from my cousin it would have been quadruple k.k D:

I played AC:GC then AC:WW and then Brawl :p

/random comment

I call red cause Iz da boozer, thanks MK :)

I think we should all have borders to match our colors, so I added a border to yours BK:

Top Bottom