• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
First of all, Firus, don't start a Melee vs. Brawl in this thread. The games have their differences, some for the better, some for the worse, but they are two different games. People are allowed to like one or both of them, and everyone needs to respect...erm.....everyone's opinion.
I respect everyone's opinion. But I will speak up if anyone says any sweeping generalization about Brawl being good/fun, because that is an opinion, not a fact.

Yes, I'm nitpicky. Sue me.

Algebra II
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Oh, and out of curiosity, what Latin book series are you using?

Both games are good in their own special way
Opinion.

Hehe, it seems that everyone on SWF takes AP classes, besides me. After 9th grade, I decided that honor classes really weren't worth the extra work.
AP =/= honors. Also, both help your GPA. And AP classes get you college credit if you do well enough on the exams. Which not only gets you out of courses in college, but helps you look better for colleges.

That said, a lot of honors teachers are ***holes and think that just because you're in a more advanced class they don't actually need to do their job of teaching. I find that math teachers are notorious for this especially.

I know what AP is, (advance placment) but honors?
Yes, honors. Higher-leveled classes. Like if you're taking a math class, there's generally three levels of it; level 1, level 2, level 3. Level 1 is honors.

Whoa... never saw that one. Nice job! I wouldn't suspect it'd be that easy merging the two, but you pulled it off.
Thanks man. It certainly wasn't easy -- it was basically a reskin, and I suck at scratching -- but I think it did turn out fairly well, and I'm glad you liked it.

As for the Regis, they look great. But like MK said, they didn't "wow" me like your sprites normally do. Not that they're bad, they just don't have that Spire feel to me.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Lol my AP stands for After Period. It could mean Hell or Heaven. Really Depends :/

any tips for scratching hair? I'm trying to make a sprite but then the bases of the hair is so flat it doesn't look right :/

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
AP =/= honors. Also, both help your GPA. And AP classes get you college credit if you do well enough on the exams. Which not only gets you out of courses in college, but helps you look better for colleges.
Honors is AP junior. Also, I don't really care about GPA or college, I'm quite content being a servant to the greedy human machine called society. And my dream careers (cartoonist/chef) aren't heavily reliant on higher education.

Of course, AP classes do look good on your transcript and whatnot. But for me... What can I say, I'm a huge procrastinator.

What annoys me is when people think that, because they take 'Advance' (Should be 'rigorous,' Advance implies superiority) classes and/or have good grades, they're smarter than everyone else; It means you are a dedicated student. There are plenty of intelligent but unmotivated kids out there, who, for whatever reason, choose not to live to their full potential. There are also plenty of people of average intelligence who take all AP classes and get straight A's.

/pointless rant

Bah, you are all too picky. I think that Spire's Regis are all pretty good. They all look like what they're supposed to embody, and the fluid movements suit them. Bravo, Spire!

M.K

Level 55
Same things they said
Koarin, why are you in IB, isn't that if u want to up to out of country schools?
MK, maybe you have a hard teacher, cuz that's my easiest class (or maybe it's just cuz I'm good in geography?, no offense to you)
My teacher is the one who writes the "AP Human Geography Course of Study" for the entire state, so I guess she makes hard tests.
We are on Population and Migration right now. It's easy but....her tests are hard (and those are the only grades *basically*)

I'm in 10th grade and there are only 2 AP classes available to 10th graders; AP Human Geo and AP World History. I signed up for both, but I only got AP Human Geo.

I respect everyone's opinion. But I will speak up if anyone says any sweeping generalization about Brawl being good/fun, because that is an opinion, not a fact.

Yes, I'm nitpicky. Sue me.
Ehh -_- Brawl is fun, I said it. Sue me too.
So is Melee, mmkay? I like both games, please don't continue this any longer, and if you must, do so by PM or VM to your respective members of choice.
Brawl NOT being good/fun is YOUR opinion, not a fact. I think that's something you need to realize as well.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Ehh -_- Brawl is fun, I said it. Sue me too.
So is Melee, mmkay? I like both games, please don't continue this any longer, and if you must, do so by PM or VM to your respective members of choice.
Brawl NOT being good/fun is YOUR opinion, not a fact. I think that's something you need to realize as well.
Brawl is fun TO YOU.

Melee is fun TO ME.

I never denied either. I don't need to learn that Brawl not being fun is my opinion, not a fact, I'm perfectly aware of it. You don't need to flip out.

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
Brawl is fun TO YOU.

Melee is fun TO ME.

I never denied either. I don't need to learn that Brawl not being fun is my opinion, not a fact, I'm perfectly aware of it. You don't need to flip out.
Yeah MK, take a pill. They're two different games and they're special in their own, unique way.

M.K

Level 55
Yeah MK, take a pill. They're two different games and they're special in their own, unique way.
Shut it, you little cretin! We've established that, and I'm sure your pea-sized brain couldn't comprehend that fact. Go back to the scum hole in which you spawned from, since you have the mentality that not even a mother could love.
So EXCUSE us, EDUCATED people are talking.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Oh crap... Forgot I have a flash animation due tomorrow (My History teacher is terrible, she made me do the groups research AND Power point! And all in one day! >.<)

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
Shut it, you little cretin! We've established that, and I'm sure your pea-sized brain couldn't comprehend that fact. Go back to the scum hole in which you spawned from, since you have the mentality that not even a mother could love.
So EXCUSE us, EDUCATED people are talking.
Tsk tsk...silly MK.
Just because you're insecure with your own self doesn't mean you have to take out your anger on other people. So shut your mouth before I snap your twig and pop your berries. The light of Christ shall compel you!

M.K

Level 55
Tsk tsk...silly MK.
Just because you're insecure with your own self doesn't mean you have to take out your anger on other people. So shut your mouth before I snap your twig and pop your berries. The light of Christ shall compel you!
You dellusional piece of TRASH! As far as I can tell, the only thing I'm taking my anger out on is a worthless piece of absolute garbage that will never amount to anything in life except being the butt of every single ****** joke on the entire planet, so shut your trap before I come over to your house and rip your ****ing eyes out.
Jesus, someone should've bitch-slapped the **** out of God for wasting Earth's precious resources on you.

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
You dellusional piece of TRASH! As far as I can tell, the only thing I'm taking my anger out on is a worthless piece of absolute garbage that will never amount to anything in life except being the butt of every single ****** joke on the entire planet, so shut your trap before I come over to your house and rip your ****ing eyes out.
Jesus, someone should've bitch-slapped the **** out of God for wasting Earth's precious resources on you.
Ok MK that's enough. It's time for your nap before you get cranky. Hey, isn't this a tad off topic? Just a little? I thought you were the "on-topic" guy around here, but as I can see with your previous post, I guess not. Enjoy God!

M.K

Level 55
Ok MK that's enough. It's time for your nap before you get cranky. Hey, isn't this a tad off topic? Just a little? I thought you were the "on-topic" guy around here, but as I can see with this post, I guess not. Enjoy God!
You impaired, worthless, uneducated little **** on society. How about you take a good, long nap in a grave somewhere, since that's where you will be after I murder you and dump your body in the ****ing dirt.
I thought you were the "flamingly homosexual ******** boy who sucks at spriting and should do the world of favor and DROP DEAD" and I GUESS I WAS RIGHT.
Enjoy rotting in the ground, you little ****.

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
You impaired, worthless, uneducated little **** on society. How about you take a good, long nap in a grave somewhere, since that's where you will be after I murder you and dump your body in the ****ing dirt.
I thought you were the "flamingly homosexual ******** boy who sucks at spriting and should do the world of favor and DROP DEAD" and I GUESS I WAS RIGHT.
Enjoy rotting in the ground, you little ****.
Did you forget your medication? I'll sing you a song to calm you down before you take it.
I want chicken I want liver meow mix meow mix please deliver.

M.K

Level 55
Did you forget your medication? I'll sing you a song to calm you down before you take it.
I want chicken I want liver meow mix meow mix please deliver.

XP

If anyone hasn't realized by now, this was a totally fake flame war. we both don't mean any of the **** we say. LOL

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Okay, at least the Melee vs. Brawl was semi intelligent and not just a war of joke insults.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
OK, that was a complete waste of space MK and street.
IMO, what could be a fact of brawl melée and 64 is that they are all great games and all 3 have their pros and their cons.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Brawl+? have you tried that one Firus? I haven't,but it looks promising.

Lucas>everything<Roy if only roy made it to Brawl.

Good thing JesaihTEG never comes here, or we'd all be screwed (I hate that he/she/it/potatoe)

M.K

Level 55
OK, that was a complete waste of space MK and street.
IMO, what could be a fact of brawl melée and 64 is that they are all great games and all 3 have their pros and their cons.
W/e, it's not like anything else ****ing happens 'round here. -_-

Lucas>everything<Roy if only roy made it to Brawl.

Good thing JesaihTEG never comes here, or we'd all be screwed (I hate that he/she/it/potatoe)
It's not like he does his job around here. Half the "projects" he starts here are pretty worthless compared to something like Smogon or Serebii. Then he's a sucky moderator in general. There are MUCH more qualified persons of interest.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Haha, we was just messing around.
Whatever your intentions, it's spam.

Brawl will be Brawl. I've tried Brawl+, it still feels too similar.

Besides -- if I have to hack Brawl to enjoy it as much as Melee, why don't I just play Melee in the first place?

A_man13

Smash Master
I say we drop the topic entirely. This feels like a more intelegent general brawl discusion.

So...any recent sprites that I may have missed?

Wrath`

Smash Master
Whatever your intentions, it's spam.

Brawl will be Brawl. I've tried Brawl+, it still feels too similar.

Besides -- if I have to hack Brawl to enjoy it as much as Melee, why don't I just play Melee in the first place?
2) Why shouldn't I just go play Melee instead?
Despite our efforts to bring features that were in Melee into Brawl, these are mechanics that were present throughout the Smash Bros series that were strangely left out for Brawl's release. We believe those mechanics are imperative to a unique game such as Smash Brothers, and after extensive testing with these changes in place, many of us find the game a lot more enjoyable. You won't have the metagame, the characters or the stages if you played Melee, and quite frankly, many of us are sick of Melee, hence why the Melee scene has shrunk so drastically. Also, if you are anything like me, you camped out for your wii and checked the dojo every night. Why should all that effort go to waste?
From http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=213744

I guess that is the reason.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Meh. I haven't extensively tested it, but still. Maybe I'll give it another shot, but either way, I'm not really sick of Melee.

Not that I've played Smash at all much recently. Not only do I have a good amount of good, new games (*cough*PhoenixWright*cough*), and I haven't felt like playing Smash that much recently, but I also have been...rather busy.

M.K

Level 55
Did anyone else ever read "Lord of the Flies"? It's so good and so true that it sends shivers down my spine.
Uhmm....about spriting....uh....nope, I've got nothing.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Did anyone else ever read "Lord of the Flies"? It's so good and so true that it sends shivers down my spine.
No, I've never read it -- although it has piqued my interest.

On a completely random note, is this song not beautiful?

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
My heart still pains for Gardevoir... on a side note, I found a picture of Gardevoir's head thats spot on for proportions, I'd link it, but I found it on a NSFW site. (The pic itself is fine though, and DANG, its great.) I'm using it right now as a reference to draw Light's head, as I always thought I had the proportions off.

Waza

Smash Apprentice
~Request~
Mecha Version of Scyther

Yes, I know i asked for this already, and yes i know that zrky claimed it a while back but here are my reasons for asking once more....

1. After reading through the 40+ pages after my last post here, there still hasnt been an update on this sprite's progress. (that's about a month and a half when most of these are done in a week...)

2. I checked the OP with ctrl-F to be sure it still hadn't been done. But that seemed to be a waste of time mainly because zrky doesnt have his own list of "requests handled" in the OP.

......soo..... no hard feelings, but hopefully an active sprite creator can tackle this one. :p

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Gah! I was so sad when
Mia was murdered! **** CLOCK STATUE THING!
I know! That was so sad! Even
after only one case, I liked her and of course, she HAD to die. Stupid Thinker. Caused so many problems.

A_man13

Smash Master
Uhmm....about spriting....uh....nope, I've got nothing.
I loved that book. It defines the natural drive for power in humans really well. Plus, it had an imaginary talking pig head that gave somewhat insightful advice in a way he didn't mean to.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
You know when Something stinks
its usually the Butz
Heh, but of course.

Okay, is anyone else having issues with the time on SmashBoards? I had it set to GMT -5 for...ever, and then recently it spontaneously changed to GMT -4. Every time I go into my options to try and change it, GMT -5 shows up as GMT -4. If I try making it GMT - 4, it becomes GMT -3. It's really annoying me, because all of the times are an hour earlier/later than my time but none of them are actually my time.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Mine are fine, try putting it on GMT-1 so it goes to GMT-6.
Maybe it's just GMT -5 that's experiencing a problem?

Can other people in my time zone confirm/deconfirm this?

EDIT: Hah, I fixed it! Apparently SmashBoards's DST settings are ******** and had to be turned off.

EDIT2: Is it just me or has SmashBoards been rather slow for the past week?

Top Bottom