• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

M.K

Level 55
LOL, obvious reverse psychology. Firus lives in Pennsylvania, land of Brotherly Love -smacks Firus on the ***-

XACE-K

Smash Master
LOL, obvious reverse psychology. Firus lives in Pennsylvania, land of Brotherly Love -smacks Firus on the ***-
You and Zook's "highly effeminate" Tyranitar would go great together.

Besides, Firus lives in Fromage!. It's in his f***ing location.

Overload

Smash Lord
Did my arcanine/mightyena fusion ever get created? I went back 70 pages and didn't see anything.

Lv.99

Smash Journeyman
On GIMP u get the magic wand click the white space, then go to layers>trasparency>add alpha channel, then layers>trasparency>color to alpha and choose white, click OK and that's all.
Okay, what should I do if parts of the fusion are white? I tried to recolor those parts to a very light shade of gray, but GIMP seems to to pick them up anyway.

Ideas?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
No...that would actually be a bad idea if I'm not telling you where I live. Then I'd alert you to a specific state and...yeah.

Oh, and that's not reverse psychology. It is now that you think it's Pennsylvania, but until you did that that's not what it was.

Besides, Firus lives in Fromage!. It's in his f***ing location.
You guys really ought to watch NewsRadio...

And not just to be able to understand random references like that one.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Did my arcanine/mightyena fusion ever get created? I went back 70 pages and didn't see anything.
Ah, I know what happened. You requested that a while back and it was one of the requests that got purged when we purged it so we wouldn't be stuck in a rut of fulfilling requests forever. I took down the notice already (I think), but just re-request it and we'll put it back on. Sorry.

Okay, what should I do if parts of the fusion are white? I tried to recolor those parts to a very light shade of gray, but GIMP seems to to pick them up anyway.

Ideas?
I'm not familiar with GIMP very much, but if there's any sort of Tolerance option, set that to 0.

EDIT: Crap, double post. I haven't double posted in a while, come to think of it.

Darkslash

Smash Master
We can't find Firus location. Its too terrible it alone would jack up the age rating of this thread even further.

Plus you really like the FR/LG Rival sprite it seems. I thought Ike's would work better for Palmer's

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
We can't find Firus location. Its too terrible it alone would jack up the age rating of this thread even further.
Um...sure.

Plus you really like the FR/LG Rival sprite it seems. I thought Ike's would work better for Palmer's
Meh, Palmer seems too angry and brawny. Ike is more silent, and looks skinnier. I also considered Byron, but he still doesn't really suit Ike to me.

Also, I think the FR/LG sprite is more likely to fight fo--*is shot*

But yeah, if you want to get my avatar/location, watch this video, 2:50 - 3:50. You should watch the entire episode
/series
, but that's all you need to understand what's going on with my avatar/location.

XACE-K

Smash Master
You know what should've been in Brawl?

MEWTWO!!!

And you know what should be in this thread?

ON-TOPICNESS!!!

And MK, how many mains are you going through?

Overload

Smash Lord
Ah, I know what happened. You requested that a while back and it was one of the requests that got purged when we purged it so we wouldn't be stuck in a rut of fulfilling requests forever. I took down the notice already (I think), but just re-request it and we'll put it back on. Sorry.
I figured something like that happened. No problem. I'd like to ~request~ a Mightyena/Arcanine fusion please, preferably using the ruby/sapphire Arcanine sprite.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Brawl shoulda axed the whole "sup space" cause it suked, and with this they could have added a couple more stages and or characters.

On topic is so five minuetus ago

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
You know what should've been in Brawl?

MEWTWO!!!

And you know what should be in this thread?

ON-TOPICNESS!!!

And MK, how many mains are you going through?
He goes through mains more than he changes his underwear. One afternoon he'll be like "Hey guess who I picked up? Ness! He's the best character ever!"
Later that night...
"Bah! Why did I even like Ness? He's not even good! I LIKE ROB NOW."

It's pretty much like that.

Btw MK, DON'T FORGET POKEMON GOLD OR AN INNOCENT CHILD WILL DIE.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
You know what should've been in Brawl? Normal physics.

But seriously, you know what should've been in Brawl, even though it's 3rd party?

Either this great remix or the equally awesome original. Seriously, that game has some of the best music ever.

EDIT: Woo, 3,000 posts.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Either this great remix or the equally awesome original. Seriously, that game has some of the best music ever.

Please do remind me when i first heard that with Mr. Sawhit. I went in a unnecessary over drive.

SURGAR...DADDIES?

P.S This should of been in Brawl, or the next one for that matter
We are Finally Cowboys is best modern final boss fight.

M.K

Level 55
You know what should've been in Brawl? Normal physics.

But seriously, you know what should've been in Brawl, even though it's 3rd party?

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=2902777

Oh HELL yes!
That's when you are like "THIS evidence PROVES you are the MURDERER! WACHOW!!!!!"

He goes through mains more than he changes his underwear. One afternoon he'll be like "Hey guess who I picked up? Ness! He's the best character ever!"
Later that night...
"Bah! Why did I even like Ness? He's not even good! I LIKE ROB NOW."

It's pretty much like that.

Btw MK, DON'T FORGET POKEMON GOLD OR AN INNOCENT CHILD WILL DIE.
What? WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY? I can't hear you over the fact of how awesome I am.
LOL, just kidding, I'm not that arrogant >.>
What? You want Pina Colada? WELL HOW ABOUT PENIS ALOTA?
By the way, here is an AMAZING video that makes me and street laugh....EVERY ****ing time....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w14aCTMcrgQ
HELLO BOYS AND GIRLS!

Darkslash

Smash Master

Oh HELL yes!
That's when you are like "THIS evidence PROVES you are the MURDERER! WACHOW!!!!!"

What? WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY? I can't hear you over the fact of how awesome I am.
LOL, just kidding, I'm not that arrogant >.>
What? You want Pina Colada? WELL HOW ABOUT PENIS ALOTA?
By the way, here is an AMAZING video that makes me and street laugh....EVERY ****ing time....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w14aCTMcrgQ
HELLO BOYS AND GIRLS!
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=2902789

Also i think the girl was on Video on Trial. Most kickass Canadian show out there ripping apart every music video ever.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Congrats on 3000 posts, I find it funny that we always notice after we post =\
Heh, yeah. I knew I was close to 3,000, I just didn't realize I was THAT close.

Oh HELL yes!
That's when you are like "THIS evidence PROVES you are the MURDERER! WACHOW!!!!!
Heh -- to both the OBJECTION! and the rest. It's so amazingly awesome when you present that killing evidence and the murderer cracks completely.

You know, like...well, that.
|
|
V​

But yeah, that Objection site and the music is win.You know what's even more win though?

Oh, and something else funny I found; you just got von Karma'd.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
so many funny videos.....
darkslash its SAD that you even found that video
I meant ^^^ that post

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Darkslash, to acknowledge what you said, Melee's physics aren't necessarily normal, no. No video game's physics are. But Melee's are for the most part, and at least you don't feel like an astronaut on crack in Melee.

Don't get me started against Brawl. You will not win. :p

zrky

Smash Lol'd
yay, a new post:)

SWF is dead in the mornings, I don't go back to school until tomorrow.

Ill restate this again, to try and get back on-topic.
I know the DS obviously ha better graphics, but has anyone realized that 3rd gen sprites have more depth and dimension to them when compared to the flat color 4th gen sprites?

XACE-K

Smash Master
I know the DS obviously ha better graphics, but has anyone realized that 3rd gen sprites have more depth and dimension to them when compared to the flat color 4th gen sprites?
Yeah, I realized that but idc. That's the beauty of it.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
example (ignoring xace)

and flat colors

xace, please don't use "that's the beauty of it" because that phrase REALLY annoys me.

Wrath`

Smash Master
You guys really need to get on-topic. I'm just tempted to hit the report button on all of you.
But then we would all report you once you did it......mUAHHAHAHAHAH

I actualy like first gen sprites better, all the pokemon seemed to have character.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Too late. Star Wars Rouge squadron was so trippy. Hell i didn't even know TIE interceptors can do loop's and *waits for it* BARREL ROLLS around X wings. Plus Star Destroyers crashing into a planet while exploding white and blue sparks=whoa...
Wait, what? How is that related...?

My point is that Brawl is so god**** float-y.

You guys really need to get on-topic. I'm just tempted to hit the report button on all of you.
If you do, then your offending me and this thread and I will have to report you to the staffs.
(All erratic grammar was purposeful.)
I wonder if you guys'll pick up on all three errors.

I actualy like first gen sprites better, all the pokemon seemed to have character.
Me too. Red/Blue/Green sprites, no matter how strange or scary, are just awesome. You're right, they have character.

reminds me of the old red/blue machamp.
That's because that's what it is.

EDIT: Okay, I can't figure this out. How do you circumvent the 10 character limit without using 10chars or something?

(i.e., how did Pliskin post only "Arf"?)

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Darkslash, to acknowledge what you said, Melee's physics aren't necessarily normal, no. No video game's physics are. But Melee's are for the most part, and at least you don't feel like an astronaut on crack in Melee.

Don't get me started against Brawl. You will not win. :p
Oh yes I will.

I don't care that the game is too god**** floaty, I play the game casually. Better graphics + more items + more stages = a better game, for the most part.

The only thing Melee has on it is a bit more competitive depth (0-death combos, speed), but if you want that just use Brawl+. Of course, it's pointless debating with you, Firus, because your mind cannot be swayed whatsoever, seeing as how you're republican. (Hehe, no offense)

As long as I'm around, nobody post anything about the Brawl/Melee debate or I will attempt to start a debate war. :mad:

As for the sprite issue, Gen 3 has the best sprites. Sure, RBG may be 'old school,' but so many of them are ********.

These abominations have character?

I would post some back sprites, but I don't want to bring back those memories...

Top Bottom