• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
EDIT: Okay, I can't figure this out. How do you circumvent the 10 character limit without using 10chars or something?

(i.e., how did Pliskin post only "Arf"?)
...because pliskin is awesome.

Seriously though, I think you can through quoting and then erasing the quote.

EDIT: Nope, it doesn't work =/

-:bowser:Bowser King

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
That definitely works, but I've scoured Pilskin's post and the only thing there is an "Arf". He's definitely hacking.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Oh yes I will.

I don't care that the game is too god**** floaty, I play the game casually. Better graphics + more items + more stages = a better game, for the most part.

The only thing Melee has on it is a bit more competitive depth (0-death combos, speed), but if you want that just use Brawl+.
I play the game casually too. I have never entered a tournament. In fact, the only tournament for any game I've ever entered was that GameStop PBR one a few years ago.

Also, I like Melee's graphics better. Are they as shiny? No, but Samus isn't as shiny in Super Metroid as in Prime, and Super Metroid Samus > Metroid Prime Samus. More items...items suck already, so why does it matter that there are more? The stages suck for the most part (no creative Metroid stages for the lose), so who cares if there are more? In fact, most of Brawl's content isn't as good as Melee's to me. The only thing it seems to trump Melee in to me is music, and even that sucks because...just listen to Norfair.

Brawl Remix

Original

WHERE'S THE RESEMBLANCE?!?!?!?!?!1!/!?!//1/?!/1!?one!/1/!?

Of course, it's pointless debating with you, Firus, because your mind cannot be swayed whatsoever, seeing as how you're republican. (Hehe, no offense)
What does my political stance have to do with my stance on video games...?

Although I am stubborn as hell.

As long as I'm around, nobody post anything about the Brawl/Melee debate or I will attempt to start a debate war. :mad:

As for the sprite issue, Gen 3 has the best sprites. Sure, RBG may be 'old school,' but so many of them are ********.

These abominations have character?
Yes. Yes they do. Again. Scary, weird, unorthodox...yes. Awesome, also yes.

EDIT: What's wrong with Goldeen? Or Seaking, for that matter? Actually, a lot of those aren't that bad.

Pliskin is a shared account- he's a Broom puppet, of sorts. Same with Frodric.
I suspected that, somehow. So I assume a moderator/admin owns his account?

XACE-K

Smash Master
*sighs* If you can't beat'em, join'em.

Of course Pliskin is used by a mod. If some random n00b did that, he would've been banned the first time he/she/it/potato posted.

ss118

Smash Master
~Request~

I would just like a picture for my avatar that has Cleffa, Clefairy, and Clefable all together in it. Really no specifics: but I think it would be funny if they stood atop the corpses of Heatran, Scizor, and Salamence, the three most overused pokemon in OU!!!

Wrath`

Smash Master
ugg we all know Brawl= fun, melee=fun. END OF STORY!!!

But I'll debate any incoming things.

@ bowserking, What ever happened to holiday T-Tar, or have i missed it?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Then go get World at War for your Xbox 360 then. You can take revenge on the masses Japanese troops that want to stab you. Just imagine Sakurai's face on them if you want.
Meh, I've played World at War. It's fun, but I'm not all that big into FPS's as it is, and WWII games are slightly stale and I don't really like them all that much.

M.K

Level 55
First of all, Firus, don't start a Melee vs. Brawl in this thread. The games have their differences, some for the better, some for the worse, but they are two different games. People are allowed to like one or both of them, and everyone needs to respect...erm.....everyone's opinion.
Secondly, I'm bored. I don't want to do sprites, because none of them sound interesting...plus, I'm extremely crunched for time. New schedule = harder classes.
English II, Algebra II, LATIN II, AP Human Geography, and Civics and Economics -_- Why do I have to be so **** smart?

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Both games are good in their own special way, END OF DEBATE!!!!!!!!

=( last post before I go back to school tomorrow:( In this thread at least

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
ugg we all know Brawl= fun, melee=fun. END OF STORY!!!

But I'll debate any incoming things.

@ bowserking, What ever happened to holiday T-Tar, or have i missed it?

I'll finish it on Friday, I promise.

I have exams coming up and if I fail them it's equal to 15%to 30% of my final mark (depending on which subject).

I'm doing really well in school right now and I don't want to drop that mark down. That's why I'm only open on weekends for the next week.

A_man13

Smash Master
Secondly, I'm bored. I don't want to do sprites, because none of them sound interesting...plus, I'm extremely crunched for time. New schedule = harder classes.
English II, Algebra II, LATIN II, AP Human Geography, and Civics and Economics -_- Why do I have to be so **** smart?
Ouch. I'm actually in a whole bunch of classes that are rigorous normally, but I'm taking honors. Spanish 3, american lit honors, Algebra II honors, Pre-AP chem, etc.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
A_man, what grade are you in?
MK, you can't complain about AP human geography, that's like really easy.
:( I have to go to school now

Wrath`

Smash Master
I know what you mean BK and MK, I take IB Biology, IB american History, IB english 11, IB film and IB mathmatics 1(aka pre-calc), yeah i have IA's due in a month and some, wich I am using this snowday to work a bit on them.

I know what AP is, (advance placment) but honors?
If you dont know what IB is, it is Inernational Bachaloreate.

so dont rush guys, grades>sprites

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Hehe, it seems that everyone on SWF takes AP classes, besides me. After 9th grade, I decided that honor classes really weren't worth the extra work.
All I've got is AP chem/physics, like you I said there was no point to honor classes really, it just sucks up your fun time and gives you loads of stress. Besides, what I want for a job I could work up the corporate ladder for, which I'd enjoy much more then just buying my way to the job I want. Remember, bosses are humans, not computers, you can work them like any other person, albeit you you have to do it subtly.

Besides, I just want a job I will enjoy and will support me, I don't need to be a CEO with a mansion or anything, I'm content living a simple life, as most of what I really like to do I do is, take the roll of a Guardian. Might have to go into law though to do that for money in this world, however.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Hehe, it seems that everyone on SWF takes AP classes, besides me. After 9th grade, I decided that honor classes really weren't worth the extra work.
High five. After 9th grade, I too decided that AP classes can suck it. If I can get by with regular classes and graduate equally with the other students, then who cares?

Spire

III
BRoomer

Typhlooga (Original Borchooga by Spire) - Requested by Yaya
Grass/Fire
Whoa... never saw that one. Nice job! I wouldn't suspect it'd be that easy merging the two, but you pulled it off.

I'm inspired to make some new Pokemon again.

(****it, double post)

M.K

Level 55
MK, you can't complain about AP human geography, that's like really easy.
HA! You wish! It's the most rigorous class I am enrolled in so far. The tests are insane, yet I got a 100 on the AP Human Geography mid-term >.>
School is not hard for me. My GPA currently is 4.8, but I'm not a nerd or anything LOLOLOL.

Spire

III
BRoomer
EDITED FOR A CLEAN SPRITE POST.

Introducing my newest creations, four Regis!

Regiflame (fire)

Regiwave (water)

Regiwood (grass)

Regisand (ground)

XACE-K

Smash Master
They're great Spire but I have some complaints.

-Regiflame should look more human-like
-Regiwave should be a bit fatter
-Regiwood's arms should be a bit thicker
Regisand shouldn't have a snake-like neck

That's just what I think of them. They're okay but not horrible.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord

Yep, thats what I thought too.

M.K

Level 55

Same. They didn't make me say "WOW" like I usually do.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way

That's the same thoughts I had!

Especially the regiwood. His arms are way to thin. If you look at all the regis, they all have a huge or big size. They are based off golems after all.

Still good (and awesome because there scratched).

Spire

III
BRoomer
Hehe, I found that hilarious. I'm not too proud of 'em, but having made the first three months ago, I decided that I just needed to get them posted up.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Same things they said
Koarin, why are you in IB, isn't that if u want to up to out of country schools?
MK, maybe you have a hard teacher, cuz that's my easiest class (or maybe it's just cuz I'm good in geography?, no offense to you)

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Hehe, I found that hilarious. I'm not too proud of 'em, but having made the first three months ago, I decided that I just needed to get them posted up.
If I made those, I'd definitely be proud of them. They were made great and are amazing. They just weren't AS good as your normal scratches :)

Top Bottom