• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
Decided to do another sprite.

Introducing Chansavia!

Sorta looks like it could be named Plumpy too.

M.K

Level 55

Introducing Chansavia!

Haha, I like it alot. It's way too funny!

For those of you who don't know, "Plumpy" is an inside joke of ours. On our diving team is this really, really fat kid. Nobody knows his name, but he has man boobs the size of watermelons, so we nick-named him "Plumpy".

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

Metapod/Arceus, requested by Yaya.

Yes, it is Dragon-type. I see it as a mystical being, and there's really no "mystical" type -- the closest is Dragon.

I haven't gotten cracking on the Pending list, only my claimed list, because I guess I claimed about 5 requests in a row so all of the most recent ones are on my claimed list, not the request list. And you know my policy; a strict "first come, first served" policy. I really want to whittle some requests of the pending list but I don't particularly want to break my policy, so...yeah.

Free time does wonders for me. Too bad I'm going to run out of it very shortly.

A_man13

Smash Master

Yes, it is Dragon-type. I see it as a mystical being, and there's really no "mystical" type -- the closest is Dragon.

I haven't gotten cracking on the Pending list, only my claimed list, because I guess I claimed about 5 requests in a row so all of the most recent ones are on my claimed list, not the request list. And you know my policy; a strict "first come, first served" policy. I really want to whittle some requests of the pending list but I don't particularly want to break my policy, so...yeah.

Weired...but also cool.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
firus, wow, I applaud your works with arceus, despite the fact it's a robot goat ballerina, you really work well with him:)

M.K

Level 55
Yeah, have fun beating all those Peachs....OOPS, never mind. =P

Yep, Firus/Skyler go check the Sonic Unleashed board. I haven't even played the game and I agree with you two about Chagen. -_- What an *******.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
*whistles by*
post+1?

@Lv.99, I can't wait to see this creation
... It seems my Aggturne [Cacturne and Aggron] aint gonna be done for a while =/
Still no one has taken my Gardevoir request? T.T
Why do you guys hate the CPS so much?

Not yet! Stop asking, ok? Be patient.
If I could high five you right now, MK, I would.

Firus, that Azuril Rotom is brilliant. Metarceus is truely bizaare.

M.K

Level 55

If I could high five you right now, MK, I would.

You CAN high five me, dude. Just...reach through the screen....

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yep, Firus/Skyler go check the Sonic Unleashed board. I haven't even played the game and I agree with you two about Chagen. -_- What an *******.
Yeah...I actually haven't played the full game myself. I've played the demo, which doesn't include a nighttime level. But going by facts about the nighttime stages, they sound like an uber slow, not as fun Devil May Cry where your arms stretch out like a freaking Tangrowth.

The platforming also sounds awkward and like you end up missing a lot because Werehog is just slow and heavy.

But yeah, he REAAALLY fails at defining a fanboy. Well, purposefully anyways. >.> He pretty much defined one perfectly by acting the way he did.

Yeah. Koarin's post, not so much, but there was really no need for the +1 Post Count post from Snucas. The commenting on Aggturne not getting done anytime soon...if things continue the way they have been recently, probably not.

And Chaos, I know you're excited to have your sprite done, and I know you requested it a while ago and it got wiped and had to be re-added, but...continuously commenting on how no one's claiming it is nearly as bad as complaining about it not getting done fast enough. I'm not going to penalize you for it, just...tone it down. And if it's any consolation, I'll do everything but claim it. I don't really have any ideas for it, but no one's claiming it so it's likely I'll end up doing it when I run down the Pending List doing requests at whatever point in time.

Heh, thanks. Azurom is getting a lot more positive feedback than I expected.

EDIT: Oh, and MK, congrats on the sprite contest. I see from your sig that you won third place. Nice job. :D

Also, this thread is extremely entertaining.

Who the hell randomly shouts "JIHAD!" in the middle of a tourney? Or ever, for that matter?

Wrath`

Smash Master

Introducing Chansavia!

The starvia+chancy is well fused. good work

Metaarceus is well....., looks liked it tryed to hatch into butefree to early.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Who the hell randomly shouts "JIHAD!" in the middle of a tourney? Or ever, for that matter?
Thats like asking who yells BANZAI during a game of Courtyard...ohh wait.

Joke no one in the CPS will ever get. Any one also noticed how many freaking 09'ers are dumb? Look 2 Sonic and the Black Knight threads. I can't find the old one though. Then Altza Link or w/e made the OoT 10 years old and then more noobs are flocking to it....I gotta make a edgeworth face...

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
@ the metapod/arceus fusion

It's...odd. Still, the two Pokemon don't look the least bit fusable so it was a great job when taking that into account.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Any one also noticed how many freaking 09'ers are dumb? Look 2 Sonic and the Black Knight threads. I can't find the old one though. Then Altza Link or w/e made the OoT 10 years old and then more noobs are flocking to it....I gotta make a edgeworth face...
Yeah, I have noticed that thus far...maybe the '08er hate will die down eventually and be replaced with '09er hate, after all. I saw the OoT one and...just wow. NO **** SHERLOCK, it's been 10 years old for nearly two months now and we already had a thread on it. And then when someone pointed out to him that it was delayed, he replied with "I just joined the forum" as if that's a legitimate excuse.

But yeah, I'm not impressed so far.

And by Edgeworth face...you mean like...

or
?

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'm impressed.

It's good but it's kinda odd. Maybe because it doesn't have the back legs?
Yeah, that's possible. I thought of giving it back legs but I didn't want it to be as conventional a fusion so I only added the front ones, with the intent of it being a biped. Almost a humanoid creature.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Yeah, I have noticed that thus far...maybe the '08er hate will die down eventually and be replaced with '09er hate, after all. I saw the OoT one and...just wow. NO **** SHERLOCK, it's been 10 years old for nearly two months now and we already had a thread on it. And then when someone pointed out to him that it was delayed, he replied with "I just joined the forum" as if that's a legitimate excuse.

But yeah, I'm not impressed so far.

And by Edgeworth face...you mean like...

or
?

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'm impressed.

Yeah, that's possible. I thought of giving it back legs but I didn't want it to be as conventional a fusion so I only added the front ones, with the intent of it being a biped. Almost a humanoid creature.
Actually, I disagree. Yes, there's 2 idiots in the light house but for the most part I've found 09ers to be quite smart.

Especially when it comes to competitive brawl. Most of them understand it and there are some that know quite a lot on melee as well. While on the other hand, last year most 08ers were all

"ZOMG Melee sucks, get with the NEW game!!1!!!11one!"

In the amount of time I've been here, I have never seen so many stupid threads as I have during 08 (granted that I joined in mid 07, I actually lurked a lot early on).

Still, I think it's FAR to early to be comparing 09's to 08ers/07ers (which I know you said at the beginning of your post firus).

Darkslash

Smash Master

this.

But then again when i posted my first Topic at the Light House it was equally stupid. Star Fox Wii with more explosions. Luckily i didn't get any infractions from that and I got smarter. I didn't immediately put a 2nd thread on the same subject when the 1st one was still on the front. It seems that the 09'ers are more stupid than the early 08'ers that flocked to the GBD. Now its at the lighthouse. ****.

In the amount of time I've been here, I have never seen so many stupid threads as I have during 08 (granted that I joined in mid 07, I actually lurked a lot early on).
Lol you lurked too? I lurked around December 07, and I joined in Feb, got a 1000 post in less than 25 days and now its gone down. I swear i had like 35 post a day back then...

Bowser King

Have It Your Way

this.

But then again when i posted my first Topic at the Light House it was equally stupid. Star Fox Wii with more explosions. Luckily i didn't get any infractions from that and I got smarter. I didn't immediately put a 2nd thread on the same subject when the 1st one was still on the front. It seems that the 09'ers are more stupid than the early 08'ers that flocked to the GBD. Now its at the lighthouse. ****.
Again, it's only been 18 days since the new year. 08er hate didn't start until the stupidity brought on by a large group of people started to build. Thus, ruining it for the smart 08ers (there are quite a few, like all the 08ers in this thread). Still, people didn't start making fun of 08ers till near march when a lot of 07er vets left due to brawl nubs (johnknight1 was an awesome poster but he started visiting less due to brawl nubs).

Yes, everyone at that time was a "brawl nub" but there was just a huge amount of spam.

Anyway, I think we will likely find out how great 09ers are by march but not now.

Though, so far, I don't really have a problem with the majority of them.

M.K

Level 55
I lurked for about 4 minutes before deciding to join XD I can't stand looking at posts and NOT having any input.

And ionno why the fat kid is on our team, he sucks anyways. It's like watching a whale fall off of a platform and make a splash the size of Wyoming.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I lurked for about 4 minutes before deciding to join XD I can't stand looking at posts and NOT having any input.
:laugh:

I was more of a "wait and see if you like it" person. I remember seeing sarku's "Brawl Update Thread" (that he requested to be closed D: ) right when it opened but I didn't post till about half way before it got closed :p

I also remember Scav's "What happened to Smashbros.com?" Thread when the first update wasn't posted on time.

I miss scav, he was a cool guy.

A_man13

Smash Master
Wow, what's with all of the Phionix Wright stuff?

I actually was suggested to this site from a former person I played Diamond with. After I got banned, course...

XACE-K

Smash Master
I still hate 08ers and 09ers no matter how smart they are, except you guys, some of the FG guys, some of the Ike board guys....and that's about it.

A_man13

Smash Master
I just hate your join date. And this is a reason why n00bs are hated so much.

Also, I found out that for photobucket to work for me, I need to refresh it over and over again.
I have noticed that. Since when has being stupid been considered cool? Those people are bringing down the intelegence level here allong with disrespect to our date.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Jeez, who says I'm complaining about the CPS? I'm just reminding you all that the request is there.

I haven't gotten Sonic Unleashed, has anyone else? It looks like a fusion of a sonic game and Wario World. XD

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Jeez, who says I'm complaining about the CPS? I'm just reminding you all that the request is there.
Zook asking you why you hated the CPS was him implying that all of the posts he listed were hurting it in some way.

And again, I'm not penalizing you for it, but...

FirustheHedgehog said:
If you see your request on the "Pending Requests" list (bottom of this post) or in the "Claimed" section of any member, do not remind us of it. If it's not done yet and we know it's been requested, we might just be a little backed up and telling us that it still needs to be done is not going to get it done any faster.
If you remind us of a request which is on the Pending list at the time you do so, the request will be dropped down to the bottom of the list (meaning that I, who works on a first come, first served, basis, will get to it after every request currently on the list is done).
That's technically against the rules. Because while you're doing it in an unusual way, it's as bad as people complaining about their request not being done, re-requesting...because it gets annoying if we already know the request exists.

ToiletRoll

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RiskyR
I posted a few of my sprites on here earlier.... but..... how do you get the background out of the picture?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
You need Photoshop, GIMP, Paint.net, or the like, and you make the background transparent.

Top Bottom