• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
it's kind off an inside joke, not really, but kinda.
it's just that there was a time when on shoddy he used jirachi, and walled my whole team, so i don't like his jirachi, and same with his heatran. and I just don't like battling against scizors so that's why i said what i said;)
I figured it'd be some kind of inside joke, heh.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I think Ultimatissimus is more dangerous in that aspect. :p

FirustheHegdehog said:

5 Type Immunities Pokemon (A.K.A. Ultimatissimus) - Requested by zrky
Ghost/Dark
Ability: Flash Fire
Moves: Magnet Rise
No weakness AND five immunities.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Meh.

Look at that. Someone tried to copy "Arf" and they got banned. Ugh...you've gotta love the BRoom.

Lv.99

Smash Journeyman
handsockpuppet, for using spritesheets, you just either save it and then open it in Paint (if you do, save it as a .png, remember), or copy and paste it into Paint. Then use the Select tool to select the sprite, cut or copy it, and put it into another window of Paint.

Thanks, I appreciate the compliment.

He didn't scratch them -- from what I can tell, they're basically a massive copy-paste with some edits. Not to say it doesn't take skill, but it's not entirely scratched.
Really, wow. I still takes skill to make all those sprites work together so perfectly. He does have skill.

I know it was bad. I was just bored and didn't want to do homework.

...since we've all faced it at one time or another.
Nice. The colors flow really well, and it sort of reminds me of a bad*** medicham. Its legs are just that big.

Introducing: Flarmega!

Flareon + Yanmega. Sometimes the simplest concepts make a nice fusion.
Nice. This is definetly a good sprite.

Meh.

Look at that. Someone tried to copy "Arf" and they got banned. Ugh...you've gotta love the BRoom.
That's so funny, where did they post?
Ans do BRoomers have that much power? One of them can make an account merely to say "arf" at random intervals yet we cannot. Such power...

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Really, wow. I still takes skill to make all those sprites work together so perfectly. He does have skill.
Yeah.

That's so funny, where did they post?
Ans do BRoomers have that much power? One of them can make an account merely to say "arf" at random intervals yet we cannot. Such power...
In the Meet & Greet forum, there's the sticky "Arf". And yes, apparently they can. Not just a BRoomer though, had to be a mod too. Because they only have three characters, without anything else in the post.

Yeah. I think this just proves that the BRoom is a spamhole. I want to get in just to see what it looks like, and I expect I'll say "Yep. Just as I thought."

Wrath`

Smash Master

Sceptwo
Grass/Psychic

This is my first fusion, what do you guys think?
Umm, basic much? Arm looks ok, but it needs more mewtwo parts, right now it is just a Sceptile with a mutated arm and legs, try the tail to, and a part of the face. Firus will have better coments

M.K

Level 55
LOL Firus, why is "running" a threat to children? IS THAT A FAT JOKE? How dare you, Firus. How. Dare. You.

FIRUS EATS 24 DONUTS FOR BREAKFAST OM NOM NOM

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

Sceptwo
Grass/Psychic

It's very simple, but it's really good for your first fusion. Looking at it up close, I don't see any issues with the outline or recoloring or anything. Since the Third gen Sceptile's tail is covered a little bit by its hand, you would've had to edit the tail a little bit to make it look right and it looks good.

Obviously next time you should go for a little more complex of a fusion, but I'm not big on having to make things look incredibly complex.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
LOL Firus, why is "running" a threat to children? IS THAT A FAT JOKE? How dare you, Firus. How. Dare. You.

FIRUS EATS 24 DONUTS FOR BREAKFAST OM NOM NOM
Heh. It's a really funny news story...thing in Mirror's Edge. If you guys would all play Mirror's Edge, you'd understand it. ;) And you should play Mirror's Edge, because it's awesome.
...Seriously, get it.

Haha, I got a kick out of that.

EDIT: Crap, double post...people need to post faster.

Lv.99

Smash Journeyman

Sceptwo
Grass/Psychic

For a first fusion, it's excellent. However, I suggest that you alter the face so Sceptile is looking at us. It would look better in my opinion.

Welcome to the CPS
(I don't know if I have the right to say that yet... Firius will pass judgement on me..)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
For a first fusion, it's excellent. However, I suggest that you alter the face so Sceptile is looking at us. It would look better in my opinion.
Hm, yeah, I didn't think about that, with Mewtwo's hand the way it is.

Welcome to the CPS
(I don't know if I have the right to say that yet... Firius will pass judgement on me..)
Haha, yes, you can. And I'll say it as well. Welcome to TCPS, SpelignFial.

Your name is also awesome. :p

SpelignFial

Smash Apprentice
Where spelling doesn't count for anything.

Welcome to the CPS
So more like this with the face?

Thanks I was looking around and wanted to try spriting myself.

Lv.99

Smash Journeyman
So more like this with the face?

Thanks I was looking around and wanted to try spriting myself.
Yes! It already looks better.

Now, try to see if you can add some sort of energy force in Sceptwo's hands. Then it would be really good.

Oh, here's my newest:

Deoxys+Kyogre+Random stuff

I wanted to try working with legendaries and more than three pokemon.

Sorry about the background and coloring, I'm still using a different computer. And I think this one runs Vista so the graphics are a little odd. And, I am not allowed to download GIMP on this, so no transparency.:(

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
GAH! It's a .jpeg! NEVER SAVE AS A .jpeg!!!

.../asplosion

Anyways, it looks pretty cool, but it's hard for me to avoid looking at the .jpeg-iness.

SpelignFial, the face does look better now. And Lv. 99's energy ball idea is a pretty good one, see if you could do that.

Lv.99

Smash Journeyman
GAH! It's a .jpeg! NEVER SAVE AS A .jpeg!!!

.../asplosion

Anyways, it looks pretty cool, but it's hard for me to avoid looking at the .jpeg-iness.

SpelignFial, the face does look better now. And Lv. 99's energy ball idea is a pretty good one, see if you could do that.
Ugh, I forgot about that. I'm using a newer version of paint and it's not on my comp.

Sorry:(

May 1000 years of .jpg-ness follow me for this blashphemous act.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Added These:

Ugg's "Pikachu/Vileplume Fusion" (6187)
Stealth Raptor's "Riolu/Pichu Fusion" (6282)
Dory's "Marowak/Charizard Fusion" (6343)
Lord Bowser's "Elekid/Munchlax Fusion" (6052)

To my Claimed List. Firus, you can take them out of the pending list.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Added These:

Ugg's "Pikachu/Vileplume Fusion" (6187)
Stealth Raptor's "Riolu/Pichu Fusion" (6282)
Dory's "Marowak/Charizard Fusion" (6343)
Lord Bowser's "Elekid/Munchlax Fusion" (6052)

To my Claimed List. Firus, you can take them out of the pending list.

Okay, thanks. I'll do that.

EDIT: The OP has been updated.

Lv.99

Smash Journeyman

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
1.) I feel it should be bigger. I mean this thing is half mewtow. And mewtwo kicks @$$.
Bigger? You mean just add more of Mewtwo, right?

It's cool to see that you're giving this sprite more of a shot, SpelignFail -- a lot times, people just take the critique to use it on new sprites. Which isn't bad, it's just cool that you're not wasting the effort you put into the sprite already and are trying to improve it. If you can add some more of both Pokemon, it'll be great.

Lv.99

Smash Journeyman
Ok I think I got what you wanted with the swirl effect. I don't know if I can the orb too much bigger without it going over other parts of the sprite.

Hell Yes! Much better. And Firius is right, good job on using advice to improve an existing sprite.
Bigger? You mean just add more of Mewtwo, right?

It's cool to see that you're giving this sprite more of a shot, SpelignFail -- a lot times, people just take the critique to use it on new sprites. Which isn't bad, it's just cool that you're not wasting the effort you put into the sprite already and are trying to improve it. If you can add some more of both Pokemon, it'll be great.
No, I meant the orb. The first one looked sort of puny, so I though it should be a little bigger.

Marozard

Nice job. I like how it is holding a torch.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
LOL, my very first one. it sucks, I know. I didn't really get the splicing thing, so I just recolored.

please give feedback and tell me how to splice in simpler terms. also, some other questions

1) is Paint.net fine for this?
2) you said not jpg, is png good?
3) do you have to be a good artist?
4) are there certain shade ratios you need to follow?
5) sometimes you can see different shades of black. do you leave these or recolor them?

Lv.99

Smash Journeyman
Heh, thanks :)

I'll try to get another fusion in tomorrow since I get out of school everyday this week from exams.

Man, I'm scared. I want to do REALLY well on the exams to keep my marks high.

Wait, you have exams this week? Finals? Why?

We don't have finals until April/May.

@HandSockPuppet
1.) I don't know. I use windows paint.
2.) I use PNG and I don't complain. NEVER USE .JPG! I just used it. Ugh, the quality is terrible.
3.)That's only necessary if you are scratching something (drawing something from scratch). other than that, it is not essential.

Oh yeah, two more things.
1.) download GIMP so you can add an alpha channel. This way, your sprites will have a transparent background.
2.) Nice recolor. It looks like a berry:)

zrky

Smash Lol'd

Marozard

VERY cool, slightly reminds me of charioxis:)

LOL, my very first one. it sucks, I know. I didn't really get the splicing thing, so I just recolored.

please give feedback and tell me how to splice in simpler terms. also, some other questions

1) is Paint.net fine for this? never used it, but I suppose
2) you said not jpg, is png good? please use png
3) do you have to be a good artist?not really
4) are there certain shade ratios you need to follow?just use the given colors or use medium, to low shades, I would try to stay away from bright colors
5) sometimes you can see different shades of black. do you leave these or recolor them? It depends, if it's on the outline, recolor, if not don't
oh, and im getting CS4 right now so I should be better about spritting now:)

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
Wait, you have exams this week? Finals? Why?

We don't have finals until April/May.

@HandSockPuppet
1.) I don't know. I use windows paint.
2.) I use PNG and I don't complain. NEVER USE .JPG! I just used it. Ugh, the quality is terrible.
3.)That's only necessary if you are scratching something (drawing something from scratch). other than that, it is not essential.

Oh yeah, two more things.
1.) download GIMP so you can add an alpha channel. This way, your sprites will have a transparent background.
2.) Nice recolor. It looks like a berry:)
VERY cool, slightly reminds me of charioxis:)

oh, and im getting CS4 right now so I should be better about spritting now:)
Thanks. at least now I know the recoulering wasn't a complete falure. though I'd still like to know splicing. also, is GIMP free?

Top Bottom