• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Looks great, BK. My only complaint is that I can still see some of Marowak's skull's original color around the outline and such. Other than that, looks awesome.
I knew you'd catch that :p

I completely forgot until I uploaded.

Here it the edited version=

I also wanted that skull effect so I made=

EDIT:

Awesome sprites MK and A_man!

Both are REALLY well done :)

-:bowser:Bowser King

Hobobloke

Atemon Game

Marozard

That looks really good, I like how he's holding a torch instead of the bone.

Lucky you...

And, since I was bored 1/2 to death:

That...is...AWESOME!!!one!!1!!

I love these competitive influenced sprites your making and the fact that A) I have a Gyaravire on my team and B) that Gyarados is my favourite poke only makes me like it more.

Is it alright if I was just staring at this picture for 20 minutes in the eyes? I dunno, but it looks just that good... >.>
I think twenty minutes is a bit much, maybe try and restrain yourself to five minute viewing sessions at a time :p

A_man13

Smash Master
It looks really awesome. I have the same comment as A_man -- it feels a little more like a poison type than dragon, but it's not completely void of dragon-esque qualities, it's just easier to see poison in it. And I was **** out of ideas for a Dragon-type Gardevoir, so the fact that you managed it is already laudable (Latin derivatives for the win; can you tell me which word it comes from? :p).

One other question; this makes it look kind of funky and artistic, but I'm just curious; why the white outline?

Wow, that looks REALLY nice. I love the red tips on everything. Really makes it look like a new Pokemon in and of itself, if...well, as usual, the other two didn't already exist.

Yes, you really have. You're doing really well.

I'M SO GOD**** TIRED. WORK FOR THE LOSE.
I do not take latin nor can I so I can't answer the "laud" question.

I think the outline was to give it a glow. It's certainly unique in that means, just lacks a black/dark color version.

Thanks, all of you. Too bad there aren't any other competetive pokemon jokes left... :(

Darkslash

Smash Master
Is it alright if I was just staring at this picture for 20 minutes in the eyes? I dunno, but it looks just that good... >.>
I stared at that thing for a minute and my eye's started to hurt....no offense but staring at that thing for 20 minutes in the eyes is what I consider a feat.

HOE-LEE-SHEET

If i saw that thing IRL I would be like my Wall paper.

M.K

Level 55
MK, what do you think about my comment on the last page? Its near the bottom, so I can't blame you if you didn't see it.
Trust me, it was VERY hard deciding which type of "dragon" to go with. Ultimately, I believe my choice was the best of all. It's like a Siren of mythical times, and I think it goes good with Gardevoir.

ANYWAYS

Introducing: Electivine!
Soo....soooooo proud of this ^_^​

Wrath`

Smash Master
Trust me, it was VERY hard deciding which type of "dragon" to go with. Ultimately, I believe my choice was the best of all. It's like a Siren of mythical times, and I think it goes good with Gardevoir.

ANYWAYS

It seems to be that everything electrive touches becomes spriting genious, we need moar Electrive

Bowser King

Have It Your Way

ANYWAYS

Holy ****!

The scratching on that thing is amazing! I think that's my favourite sprite done (if not, it's definitely up there) by you.

~Request, OP pwnage of C0nd0r~ thankyou

~Request, Electrive+ Drapion~

@BowserKing, I just saw HolidayT tar, it's nicly detailed and I never thanked you for it, awesome job.

I'll take that.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Lucky you...

And, since I was bored 1/2 to death:

VERY AMAZING, just really amazing

This is just awesome. Good job! (It's really good)
Also, I have an idea. How about CPS Boxart?:laugh:
yeah, A_man your the GFX genius here:)

also, A_man and firus (since I know you guys have PS) what tools do you use to make fusions, or basically how do you make them with PS?

Bowser King

Have It Your Way

ANYWAYS

I forgot to ask this but how did you make the yellow outline?

With Paint.Net?

A_man13

Smash Master
I've started a trend, haven't I? Well, might as well make a new one later: Magikarp + elekid

VERY AMAZING, just really amazing

yeah, A_man your the GFX genius here:)

also, A_man and firus (since I know you guys have PS) what tools do you use to make fusions, or basically how do you make them with PS?
Thanks! I'd be glad to help if and when this gets the OK.

This is how I do my PS fusions:

1.Copy paste both sprites into a large document (I do 500x500)

2. Usually I recolor the sprite here. I usually use the dropper to grab a color, then bucket it in with congruity and anti-alis off, with a 0 value in whatever its called (as it filles every instance of that color and only that color).

3. From here, I usually prepare the recolored sprite to be fused. This means erasing where necesary and scratching if something like arms was blocking parts of the body which I plan to keep. I also like to touch up the existing patterns.

Notice how on scizors chest I swaped the usual V pattern for heatran's line pattern? I like doing stuff like that here as I like getting a shell of the sprite, meaning besides what I plan to copy paste the sprite is done.

4. Copy paste whatever I plan to add. I usually also adjust the shadding of parts to better match the sprite, especially if I have to flip. I also do this to get the pieces to blend better. I did this with the electric spikes on gyrivire.

5. Make sure there aren't any floating pixils hanging around in subspace, then rectangular select my sprite, copy merged, and paste and save it in a new document.

That's the simplified version...

EDIT: @ Bowser King: Likely. I think you can do it in PS/ GIMP by either adding to the selection and coloring in the selection on a new layer or just pixil in an outline by hand.

Lv.99

Smash Journeyman
Hey I have a new sprite I made, any suggestions.

Charpuff
Fire/Flying
Uh, not so good. The proportions look off and it seems too copy/paste (even though that's what I do). Also, try to add something like arms or legs to it.

thanks. but in GIMP, how do you make the background transparent? also, can anyone explain to me how to set up the splices (transparent) on Paint.net or GIMP?

lol, proud of my Slakoth, I redid this Stinkoman avatar (it was ridiculously easy compared to Pokemon Sprites)

-:bowser: Bowser King handsockpuppet
STINKOMAN!!!

Anyway: here is how to add transparency
1.)Layers-trasparency-add alpha channel
2.)Layers-trasparency-add color to alpha channel

The parts don't mix, it is very copy/paste. Try scratching.
Do not just add parts here and there. It looks awkward for a reason.

I'm not holding back anymore, the world is plagued with enough crappy spriters (See Firus) to fill a moderately sized bathtub.

I'm just kidding, Firus. You are an awesome spriter!
Judge my ability O' mighty Meta-Kirby. Where do I stand in the grand scheme of the CPS?
I guess I'm down in the tub as well.

Oh, and if you didn't see.

Very good...
uh, I got nothing else to add :)
It just looks very good.
You are correct. It is tough to place legs.
Actually, I'll come clean, I didn't see the legs behind the claws at first. It looks great!

ANYWAYS.

HEY MC!

Introducing: Gardrake!
That is amazing! How do you scratch like that?
But it doesn't look too dragon type. More like Psychic/Posion or Dark.

Munchkid

Epic.

ANYWAYS

Okay, what is with the Electrivire obsession?

Well, I call Electrivire+Furret.

Nobody else do that K?

~request~
Make that Gardevoir pic I linked a page back Shiny form instead of Normal. (Good luck XD)
What is with your Gardevoir obsession? I mean, I like it as much as the next guy, but not that much.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
~Request~

Electivire + Typhlosion
Electivire + Togekiss

gogogo

also gyaravire is 2 good
I'll take both :D

I really want to redo that first one >_<

but yeah, cool done on the electrivire's people. I only did the muchlax/elekid one because Dory requested it a while ago.

A_man13

Smash Master
Lemme guess...

New CPS trend! If you care about the CPS, post an electrivire line sprite/ fusion in your avi.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Closing Time!

It's up to firus, but since we have 20 requests (19 I think...) in the pending list I think closing would be a good move. I also have like 6 request to do and so does firus and zrky.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Hmmm I don't know.....closing the CPS could seriously cause Withdraws....I'm dead serious this time. Who knows what the chaos the Pokemon Center will fall too.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Yes, I agree.
O_O

You quote...really fast.
I just posted that and saw it needed editing so I edited it in under a minute and by the time I was done you had already quoted me.

Hmmm I don't know.....closing the CPS could seriously cause Withdraws....I'm dead serious this time. Who knows what the chaos the Pokemon Center will fall too.

It's not like were going to stop making fusions. There are still a ton of fusions to be done.
We just won't be having any NEW requests taken.

Top Bottom