• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

Lv.99

Smash Journeyman
Awesome dude I really like the outline.
Thanks guys.

But, due to the fact that I must either beat or be ranked with A_man13, I have made something else. This fusion has a little more detail:

Electivire+Hypno

And yes, I will now make that blue outline part of some of my sprites.

And this one works better as an avatar.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
99, that looks very good, it's cool how you made it seem like it's looking up:) not AMAZING, but still well made.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
It's bad >_< So Copy and Paste, doesn't look natural, why the heck is the flower growing out of it's face?
you seem to be the toughest judge -_-

Funny, but not so helpful. but can anyone (besides you) help me with the final steps. I get the clear image, but do I save it as the smae thing, or under a different name? and how does it work on the web?

I like how the spriters have found time to do sprites nobody has requested. (Unless everyone requested electric fusions.)

Also, I don't think the main character in Mirror's Edge is attractive. Just thought I'd share that.
LOL i realized that too

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Thanks guys.

But, due to the fact that I must either beat or be ranked with A_man13, I have made something else. This fusion has a little more detail:

Electivire+Hypno

Since we have more spriters now, is it time we revive the "Critique" topic?
IMO it would allow for less clutter of sprites and requests (remember, the break hasn't been confirmed yet).

Anyway, it looks good but you should seriously try something other then electrivire.
You're never going to prove yourself as a spriter if all your sprites use the same pokemon features.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Lv.99

Smash Journeyman
Since we have more spriters now, is it time we revive the "Critique" topic?
IMO it would allow for less clutter of sprites and requests (remember, the break hasn't been confirmed yet).

Anyway, it looks good but you should seriously try something other then electrivire.
You're never going to prove yourself as a spriter if all your sprites use the same pokemon features.

-:bowser:Bowser King
I like that idea. A critique topic would (or should) help everybody improve.

And I don't even like Electivire. He is just a furry electabuzz. I've just been using it lately because of the so called "fad". I 'll go back to random pairing tomorrow.

A_man13

Smash Master
Thanks guys.

Electivire+Hypno

Just noticed this...

*goes to improve abilities to sprite*

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I finished, my first PS "fusion" (more of a re-skin) which was koarins raykarp (rayquaza/magikarp) and it was fun, but how do you make sure you got everything around the sprite transparent?

M.K

Level 55
I finished, my first PS "fusion" (more of a re-skin) which was koarins raykarp (rayquaza/magikarp) and it was fun, but how do you make sure you got everything around the sprite transparent?
Well, I use "Paint.Net"....but everything should be a sort of "checkered" pattern.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I know, but I was having trouble with white being in the white squares:ohwell:

but i fixed that in GIMP:)

not very good, but I was just learning PS
cnc?
here

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
LOL, why does nobody ever answer my questions? I still can't get a clear background, even with GIMP. I do the steps, but I think my saving is wrong. do you save the clear background as the same thing? and how do you join them together in the end?

zrky

Smash Lol'd
on GIMP, get the magic wand and select the area around. Then go to layers>transparency>add alpha channel, then go back to layes>transparency>color to alpha, then select the color (black in this case) and click accept or OK and there you go:)

A_man13

Smash Master
Glad you got that figured out.

Ugh, I'm bored as near always. I'm either going to shoddy or fuse mime jr. and dusknoir. What should I do?

M.K

Level 55
Glad you got that figured out.

Ugh, I'm bored as near always. I'm either going to shoddy or fuse mime jr. and dusknoir. What should I do?
Fuse 'em.
I played Zook today on Bwarl, it was funtactular, and I bet he hates Squirtle right now.

Mewter

Smash Master
I know, but I was having trouble with white being in the white squares:ohwell:

but i fixed that in GIMP:)

not very good, but I was just learning PS
cnc?
here
Looks nice, but kind of like a recolor only. Try to make it more "Magikarpish".

and MetaKritical'sKirby's Version(So he doesn't have to):
What is this!? All you did was recolor it! The color scheme looks crazy, and try to add some features!

Or maybe that's just me.:laugh:
Good job. Just try to add more.

Edit:
Waza's "Mecha Scyther"
Mine

A_man13

Smash Master
Looks nice, but kind of like a recolor only. Try to make it more "Magikarpish".

and MetaKritical'sKirby's Version(So he doesn't have to):
What is this!? All you did was recolor it! The color scheme looks crazy, and try to add some features!

Or maybe that's just me.:laugh:
Good job. Just try to add more.

Edit:
Waza's "Mecha Scyther"
Mine
HE IS NOT CRITICAL! He is just opiniated and there is no way to improve unless you face the fire and the flames at one time or another.

I just love my machamp. Parahax + substitute rules, especially since it can cover a good percentage of everything that counters it behind the saftey of a sub. It is also the arch enemy of Roy is my boi :) /random victory rant

Mewter

Smash Master
HE IS NOT CRITICAL! He is just opiniated and there is no way to improve unless you face the fire and the flames at one time or another.

I just love my machamp. Parahax + substitute rules, especially since it can cover a good percentage of everything that counters it behind the saftey of a sub. It is also the arch enemy of Roy is my boi :) /random victory rant

Besides, I meant critical in a good way.:)
Also, handsockpuppet, nice job on the learning how to create transparent backgrounds. Maybe soon, he'll become better than us all and take over the world...

Wrath`

Smash Master
Thanks guys.

Electivire+Hypno

This is some masterfull spriting right there, keep it up

zrky

Smash Lol'd
BK, oh, nice sprite:) drapion is fun to work with IMO.
Zook and MK, can you guys also add me, maybe we could play this weekend. PS: I'm mountain time.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
One problem though is that it has some transparency on its outlying (just expand sprite). is this a problem, and should I recolor the bits that became transparent?

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Hey, MK and Zook, can you add me so I can brawl with ya? I'm still awaiting registration on both your FCs.
Sure thing!

BK, oh, nice sprite:) drapion is fun to work with IMO.
Zook and MK, can you guys also add me, maybe we could play this weekend. PS: I'm mountain time.
I've already added you, but you never confirmed.

When I saw Drapvire, I creamed my pants. He's orgasmicly cool. Great work, guys.

A_man13

Smash Master
Nice one. Now unless its requests no more vire please. If I see another one my Earthquake Garchomp would like to have a word with Mr. Vire in a dark alley on top of a totally unstable and weak to earthquake platform.

Anyone want to shoddy or anything?

Top Bottom