• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
0.o

I'm sorry if you find it offensive. I didn't mean that comment in the Critique Topic in an offensive way, and it was not directed to anyone in particular, it was more of a "yay happy revival" post. Shoulda worded it better I guess :dizzy:

I have not "bashed" anyone. I'm telling the truth from my perspective. If your girlfriend tells you that she likes your shirt, but your teacher tells you that he doesn't like your shirt, does that make him wrong OR right? Nope, just my opinion.

Yes, I'm harsh. Yes, I'm TOO harsh. I'll fix that :( It's just the way I was "brought up" to sprite. I know it's not the most effective, helpful, encouraging, self-prevailing, joyful, peaceful way of doing business, but it's the only way I know how. I can't just praise a sprite that I don't feel is "optimal" quality, because then it might just go to a spriter's head. I was brought up to congratulate and admire excellency. Yes, they are beginners, but how are they any different from us? We work with the same canvas and use the same tools (pretty much, right?) and we produce things that people feel are wonderful. What is stopping those who have just started? Lack of experience, yes, but also a lack/plethora of good and non-helpful
SpelignFial, I'm truly sorry if I caused you any discouragement, anger, sadness, or hostility towards your work. You have come A LONG way as a spriter, and I look forward to your work in the future..
I will still be critical, but not in a mean or hostile way.
So, I'm sorry everyone if I've been mean, please excuse it as a ill-reputable behavior of mine. I don't MEAN to be mean, but...I've seen some "things" go down for the people who are like "hey guys, look at my Mewtarzariozardchuarticunopuff. dont it be awesome-tastic?!!". When frankly, it looks like trash. I'm not saying your guys...guys's sprites (epic grammar fail) sprites look bad, but they can be much....much better, and I want to SEE that "better". Did you see how I praised A-Man when his sprites improved DRAMATICALLY over time? THATS the kind of dilligence that will snap me out of this "evil sprite dictator Mr. Meta-Kirby" mode, and you guys are getting there!
Yes, I'm the lowly 5th member of the **** shop, and I don't have much "say" or whatever, but dammit, I was one of the ONLY people posting new sprites for a while there! It was making me really, really angry. I know your situation Firus, and now, I can only hope you can overcome your procrastination and lack of self-motivation, but it is getting a little old now (and I'm sure you feel the same way, I don't Mean this in a bad way, I'm just stating that it isn't a reason to shun responsibility). We've had to close the shop...what? 3 times in the past 2 months?! WTF?! You gotta be kidding me, guys.
Yes, I'm using this post as a venting post. I'm probably sounding like some **** with his head up his ***, but bear with me.
Sigh, I don't even know (going into bipolar mode here). Unlike some people on this Smash World Forum, I have much, much, much more important things offline to worry about that are muy importante and VASTLY worth my while, yet how can I sustain my portion of sprites while the rest of you wither in the distance? I'm not sugar-coating anything, we have to start making more sprites before we get overloaded.
I love you guys, this shop is amazing. I don't want you guys to become so drenched in work that it becomes unmanageable and we close! That would, literally, break my soul. I dunno what the hell I would do with myself....

...I don't have anything else to say. I've said ALL that is on my mind. Please don't take this as an angry response. I'm not a snobby, arrogant, mean, or spiteful person, and I really wish I didn't portray myself like that ;__; It shouldn't be this way! I hate when I stir up this **** controversy. God ****, guys, I'm sorry as hell.

~Your Pal Meta~

Introducing: Slakplup.
Don't be too hard on yourself. You didn't come of that harsh. I'm just unused to being a noob (which I am in spriting) since I've recently been dealing with annoying newbies that joined in 2009. And trust me, I know exactly how you feel. I've been called harsh by some noobs recently, and I'm sad that I came out the wrong way, mostly because I judged them and thought they had purely bad intentions (which was completely untrue). I haven't been a noob on this website for about a year, but I remember how I took many things the wrong way because I didn't know how things were.

And thank you so much for the sprite.

As I recall, I TRIED to help you with your transparency problem. However, you totally blew me off. How can you say that Meta-Kirby did not try to help you, either? I don't understand your logic. It wasn't a joke either. Seriously, all you had to do was look at some of those guides and you would have had a basic idea. Like MK, I'm not trying to be mean, just trying to be literal.

MK has started me spriting from the very beginning. He was always extremely helpful and guiding. When one of my sprites was good, he said it was good and why. When one of them was bad, he said it was bad, I saw what I did wrong, fixed it, and moved on. Just a few days ago I messed up big time on a sprite. He said it was horrible.
"Oh noez?! Not every single one of my sprites are perfect in every way and someone is saying something other than "they're awesome"? WAAAAAAA."

NO.

I looked at it and realized it was bad. I moved on. End of story. I did a new sprite, it was better. Sometimes you have to realize that you'll get critique that isn't always what you want to hear. But a sprite's a sprite. The day will go on.

You shouldn't get rewarded for doing something your supposed to do. You don't get rewarded when you wake up on time and get an "A" on your worksheet. You're SUPPOSED to do that. No one's going to reward you for doing something that you're supposed to do. They're going to tell you what's wrong with it because it's already implied that you've done something right, they don't need to point it out. So no getting a cookie and a pat on the
I'm sorry about the transparency, but I just had some questions that the guide didn't answer, and was a little annoyed at the small amount of answers. And I had already tried googling it, but all the guides were too General (plus in the end the problem with my transparency was something none of the guides even mentioned).

And hey, I wasn't that offended, I simply pointed out that I felt negative vibes from MK. but now I realize that was wrong judgment on my part.

M.K

Level 55
=D
A-Man! I'll brawl!
I just got back from my Conference diving meet. I'm Conference Champion 2009!!!!

EDIT: To make up for my absolute....miserable, miserable attitude, I will do a BUNCH of sprites tonight!!!!

By the way, my new "critique" policy will be to say something GOOD about the sprite, and then suggest something to change (in a VERY polite manner =D)

A_man13

Smash Master
Ok, I will add you and host! I haven't played since I went against Zook (lol) so...I'll be rough too =D
It will be marked as "KennY" since...yeah.
Alright. I just did a quick warm up to get back in the swing of ness. I'm not going to be anywhere near full ability, but since I main ness that's sort of tough.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Looking at my CoD Friend code I see i have a 13334. 1337?

any ways i havn't brawled for months. I may suck :< but if any one wants to brawl its under screwland.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I'd brawl but I lagg so bad, its not even funny, ugg stupid Guy at computer club thinks he is so good with meta, and says Shuttle looping isnt spam, I almost had him with wolf....:urg: in melee he was fox, and early brawl he was Pit, he is always choosing top tiered characters. Is'nt diddy the best counter? I'll have to get good with him.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Is'nt diddy the best counter? I'll have to get good with him.
From what I can remember, Boozer and Diddy are counters for MK. But I don't really know since I main Ike and CP Falco and Marth for the hard matches. And I only play Brawl+ and I can only attend small local tournies where everybody's at my skill level due to my parents being overprotective.

Anyways, photobucket acting gay to me again but I could show some of my fusions by saving them on paint and making them my avi.

A_man13

Smash Master
I wouldn't know. I sucked so I can't compare.

My brawl hates me. My brother and sisters like to get it dirty, my controllers are nowhere near responsive (Most of my controllers don't pick up dash even if I slam it and the one that doesn't has even worse buttons. My brother and sister also decided to remove the padding on the joystick since they prefered the one that my dog chewed up), etc. I'm John Jacob jinglehimershmiting, but I would apt to play more if my controller worked (especially with the already heavy wifi lag) and my brother sister liked me playing brawl or any other game competetivly.

M.K

Level 55
I wouldn't know. I sucked so I can't compare.

My brawl hates me. My brother and sisters like to get it dirty, my controllers are nowhere near responsive (Most of my controllers don't pick up dash even if I slam it and the one that doesn't has even worse buttons. My brother and sister also decided to remove the padding on the joystick since they prefered the one that my dog chewed up), etc. I'm John Jacob jinglehimershmiting, but I would apt to play more if my controller worked (especially with the already heavy wifi lag) and my brother sister liked me playing brawl or any other game competetivly.
Oh man I know how you feel! The rubber padding on my controller fell off as well, so I just usually replace them.

Now I just gotta play zrky and Morphed and I can gauge the skill level of the CPS.
Zook and A-Man are on the same level, basically.

A_man13

Smash Master
Well it was funny. My brother and sister hated the padding on those things, so when my dog tore them off, they went ahead and tore off the other two. I liked the padding, but they clearly didn't. I should've guessed they may like toturing me when they decided to "Re-decorate" my guitar hero controller and ruin the frets in the process.

BTW, I had to help my brother during that one battle (as you can see my brother likes to take advanatge of me a bit). He was building a mortar out of K'nex.

Mewter

Smash Master
I finally got brawl about a week ago. In my opinion, Brawl Pacmans Melee.(Except for Mewtwo).
I wish I could come up here ad ask for a Brawl, but I don't have WI-fi.:(
Does anyone think it's a good idea to get a wi-fi usb connector? I'll add your codes if I ever get wi-fi working....:laugh:
So, how much is a USB connector?
Edit:
Something about a dog and K'nex.(Or was it Kleenex?)
That's awsome.(The last part, I mean.)

M.K

Level 55
I finally got brawl about a week ago. In my opinion, Brawl Pacmans Melee.(Except for Mewtwo).
I wish I could come up here ad ask for a Brawl, but I don't have WI-fi.:(
Does anyone think it's a good idea to get a wi-fi usb connector? I'll add your codes if I ever get wi-fi working....:laugh:
So, how much is a USB connector?
Edit:

That's awsome.(The last part, I mean.)
I have the USB connector since my family uses all laptops....
It's worth it! Although it does malfunction every...2 months of inactivity!

Melee>>>>>>>>Brawl. everybody should learn that. @Mewter, it's fun for a week, that's it.
PLEASE don't bring that **** in here. We all have our opinions, and we can respect each others without being openly arrogant and belittling about it, ok? :mad:

melee is better but brawl is a lot of fun. a lan adapter is like 30 bucks and cuts down on lag. i recomend it i still need to play you guys D;
See above, although your comment was more appropriate and less demanding.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
eh, I was holding that opinion in for a long time, hearing you guys talk about Brawl Friend Codes. I had to let it out eventually. if you don't like it, ignore.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Come on, MK, Melee's better. You know it's factually true. :p

I kid.

But seriously.

I think when people say Melee > Brawl or Brawl > Melee they are (most of the time) saying it as opinion. Unless it's in a competitive context, since...let's face it, Melee is more competitive. It's hard to deny that.

...But yeah, let's not get into this. Or Smash Bros. at all. We're getting really derailed here.

M.K

Level 55
Come on, MK, Melee's better. You know it's factually true. :p

I kid.

But seriously.

I think when people say Melee > Brawl or Brawl > Melee they are (most of the time) saying it as opinion. Unless it's in a competitive context, since...let's face it, Melee is more competitive. It's hard to deny that.

...But yeah, let's not get into this. Or Smash Bros. at all. We're getting really derailed here.
Yes, when they say THAT. He didn't say that, he said "everyone needs to realize that Melee >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brawl" which is immature and quite noob-ish.
But please, don't continue this any longer.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Brawl is better then melee due to one thing.

Wario.

(and you can't argue that one :p)
Oh hoh, you underestimate me, my friend.

Wario has a fart attack. 'Nuff said.

What you CAN'T argue against is this:

Darkslash

Smash Master
Now I just gotta play zrky and Morphed and I can gauge the skill level of the CPS.
Why do people always forget about me, seriously....I'm bored and i just stop playing CoD becuase every game I go into the MP40 keeps ruining my sniping it pisses me off. Soo Brawl?

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Ok, I will add you and host! I haven't played since I went against Zook (lol) so...I'll be rough too =D
It will be marked as "KennY" since...yeah.
Are you saying I suck? :mad:

Oh man I know how you feel! The rubber padding on my controller fell off as well, so I just usually replace them.

We totally need to make a CPS Brawl tier list some time.

(I'm low tier, btw. I make so many mistakes when I play it's funny.)

Darkslash

Smash Master
Are you saying I suck? :mad:
Yes :>

A

Firus is low tier becuase he doesn't play
I could be wrong and he kicks ***...

P.S Strangly enough i'm better with a Wii mote than a GC so yea...actually I'm okay with a GC its just that I need to practice some more :<

A_man13

Smash Master
Yeah, I can tell that this shop needs some serious focusin. We are getting really de-railed.

I just got a new sprite done, but I'm probably not going to post it.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

I'll gladly take the position of bottom of Bottom Tier. :D

Firus is low tier becuase he doesn't play
I could be wrong and he kicks ***...
No, you're right. I don't play and for the month and a half I did play consistently, I still sucked.

Melee, I'm probably not any better at comparatively. But I enjoy it a hell of a lot more.

I just got a new sprite done, but I'm probably not going to post it.
Why not? Post away. It'll help re-rail us
says the guy who just contributed to the derailing

A_man13

Smash Master
Fine.

I ran into a request with my avi and it was a tough fusion; I had to scratch nearly everything. Whats worse is the fact that he wanted a dragonite base instead. :/

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I'm decent in Brawl, I don't get 3 stocked by skyler, who on the mario boards is supposed to be the 9th best mario:) I'm better withou lag (DUH!)
I'll try to get 2 sprite today and then go play Halo 3 :bee:

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum

SkylerOcon

Everybody Else

Who cares
This is pretty accurate. Really, Skyler's Mario is too good. **** cape. I wish I knew how to spike like that with Yoshi.

/john

Fine.

I ran into a request with my avi and it was a tough fusion; I had to scratch nearly everything. Whats worse is the fact that he wanted a dragonite base instead. :/
It's adorable. :laugh:

Top Bottom