• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

Spire

III
BRoomer
Got it. Okay, here are my first Pokemon type changes.

Bulbasaur: Fire Type

Charmander: Water Type

Squirtle: Grass Type

And my first real splice: Charmeleon+Gabite

Say, how do I get rid of the white background?
Strangely enough, I could see the Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle work out as legitimate Pokemon, if of course, they had not been invented in the first place. Good work, and welcome to the CPS!

Darkslash

Smash Master

Hey for some strange reason they fit naturally. Nice that you made them into their Type Weakness.

Say, how do I get rid of the white background?
If you don't have Photoshop download GIMP. There are tutorials to show how to make the back round transparent. I kidna do it on instinct now so i kinda suck at giving written Directions.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
firus,.......I HATE YOU!!!!! I want a NES:(
Heh, it is very awesome. Duck Hunt wins. It's a little bit glitchy (it apparently was working fine until last night), but it still wins. Also, the NES is a toaster.

your sprite-self looks cool:)
Thanks.

That is awesome. I think that's the first fusion we've done between Pokemon in the same evolution line. We should do more of those -- for those that look different from form to form (not things like most starter lines).

And my first real splice: Charmeleon+Gabite

Woah, those look awesome. As Spire said, they look like they could be Pokemon on their own. Again, we should do things like that -- change the starters' types around to those they're weak against. Not just the concept, though -- you executed them very well. Nice job. The only complaint is that you seem to have saved them in .jpg format. Never save sprites (or anything, really) in .jpg format -- .png minimizes the size of the file while keeping the quality, whereas .bmp files are HUGE, and .jpg (and .gif if you save it in Paint) reduce size but also reduce quality.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
On GIMP u get the magic wand click the white space, then go to layers>trasparency>add alpha channel, then layers>trasparency>color to alpha and choose white, click OK and that's all.

Should I try a SPORE fusion?

M.K

Level 55
ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE Cosmo Terminal: Trident and Sand Ocean: Lateral Shift. I have died like TWENTY SEVEN BAJILLION Times!
Diamond Cup of F-Zero GX is so hard T___________T

Wrath`

Smash Master
ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE Cosmo Terminal: Trident and Sand Ocean: Lateral Shift. I have died like TWENTY SEVEN BAJILLION Times!
Diamond Cup of F-Zero GX is so hard T___________T
Tridents is easy if you have decent grip, and ussaly you can remain in first and not have to worry much about doing crazy $h1t to regain the lead, Latear shift is a pain at first, but once you get used to and memorize wich derection each shift is in, it gets easy. Just wach out that other cars dont slap you off...I hated that....

My least fave on diamond was the last one(phontom somthing) I have never placed higher the 11th on that track, and it's was really pissing me off when I was in first at master level in rankings, I had a 20point cussion, and on the second lap the two CPU's who could have beat me fell off, but allong cam BioRex to boot me off, and I HAD NO BACKUPS!!!!.

Who do you use Meta? I got through all the master cups with Octoman.
If you need any other tips feel free to ask, I only have 100% completion.(only game I have 100% completed)

Pokemon sprites:

Awesome, awesome, KARPODOS!!

M.K

Level 55
Tridents is easy if you have decent grip, and ussaly you can remain in first and not have to worry much about doing crazy $h1t to regain the lead, Latear shift is a pain at first, but once you get used to and memorize wich derection each shift is in, it gets easy. Just wach out that other cars dont slap you off...I hated that....

My least fave on diamond was the last one(phontom somthing) I have never placed higher the 11th on that track, and it's was really pissing me off when I was in first at master level in rankings, I had a 20point cussion, and on the second lap the two CPU's who could have beat me fell off, but allong cam BioRex to boot me off, and I HAD NO BACKUPS!!!!.

Who do you use Meta? I got through all the master cups with Octoman.
If you need any other tips feel free to ask, I only have 100% completion.(only game I have 100% completed)

Pokemon sprites:

Awesome, awesome, KARPODOS!!
I use Draq. Trident only got me with Lily Flyer, but I stopped using her. I don't really have a main, neccesarily. I also like the Cosmic Dolphin (DigiBoy) and Octoman.
Grahh, you know which one I also hate? The one in Port Town that takes place entirely in the tunnel! It's not hard, but it's sooo long and bumpy.
I love Aeropolis ANYTHING!
OOH! I've a question! Does Leon do REALLY BAD in all of your races, too? I think he's supposed to be the "special child" of the CPUs.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
It seems that the PMC PCS is starting to do more than sprites. Maybe we should expand to 3dMax?:laugh:
Pokemon...Custom...Shop? You mean CPS.

~Request~
Gloom + Bellossom

:bee:
Hm, good request.

Say, has anyone claimed this? If not, I just completed my version of it.
Erm, feel free to give it a shot but fulfilling the actual requests is left up to the members -- Spire, Bowser, Mewter, Meta-Kirby, Zrky, and me.

In regards to the video, it definitely had its hilarious moments (most notably, the Pokemon part "Where do we turn now?" "God!" "...Nope, got that."), but the other half of it was either completely WTF or completely...well, let's just think about Pokemon Snap XXX for a moment, and you've got your answer.

M.K

Level 55
Jeez mixed up again? I've been watch to much Metal Gear Solid and Gundam 00...(PMC) Unless i went Pokemon Custom Sprites Shop. But ehh...

EDIT: Firus arn't you a east coaster? Its like 12:43ish there :3
Haha, I'm on the East Coast too! Just trying to make the most of my last day before school ._.

Firus, upper or lower east coast? I'm smack FREAKING dab in the middle of it XD.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Haha, I'm on the East Coast too! Just trying to make the most of my last day before school ._.

Firus, upper or lower east coast? I'm smack FREAKING dab in the middle of it XD.
Me too! I don't wanna go back. So relaxing...

Also, has anyone checked out Spire's Zelda entry for DWYP? Pretty badass.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Wait you guys get School on sunday in the states?

I'm gonna sound like a stalker...but how old are you guys? You talk about getting Latin and stuff...are you like in college?!!?!

Sounds like an idiot

Darkslash

Smash Master
@ Darkslash: No, this is the last day I get to stay up so late.
I'm lucky that my school has a staff retreat on monday so yea :D

And at the rate that the snow is falling i may be lucky to get another day off :laugh:

And that was AMAZING, MK. At first I thought something was wrong with my computer.
Ohh i remember that trailer. Pure advertising awesomeness that I haven't seen since the 64 days, of Tapes and Sony and Sega kidnapping Nintendo Flyboys and scientists

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
HOLY ****.
It's got to be, the FUNNIEST thing. I have EVER EVER EVER seen.
HOLY ****TTTTTTTTTTT

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/476976

Holy. Crap, that was HILARIOUS. It is a MUST WATCH for Nintendo fans.
That was great! Loved whoever did the kirby one, thats how my animation looks like! Nice and solid like that.

It wasn't all that bad, Personally I've seem much worse Pokemon hentai, and I was quite surprised, that guy did VERY well on drawing them to look humanoid, but you could still tell which one was which. I might have to take that for myself, sometimes people ask me to draw hentai, so its nothing new to me really.

The kirby one was soo funny. Kirby just pulls out gons and pwns meta knight with them. (And MK's line "I was speaking with the devil" Then his general was like "Wow, Seriously?" then he gets pwned. XD, really liked the animations, they worked so well, and personally were the best drawn ones, that along with the pokemon ones >.>.

Really didn't like the mario party one, too stupid for my liking, Bowser did pwn there though. "Oh, its your lucky day!" "dead" lol.

I was surprised there was no Metroid in there, and very few LoZ ones. Oh well. the Inspector gadget reference was hilarious though. (And I think I know the guy who voiced Purple link O.o)

Ah, that was funny as all hell, glad you showed me it MK. And its NSFW really because of the Pokemon parts, so be wary :p

M.K

Level 55
I LOVE that Toon Link part.
He's like "MMKAY guys, I like did the laundry, OK?!?" and I was all like "lul".

MASTER! He's totally owning EVERTHING without even TRYING!
THIS IS BULL****!
What'll we do master?
Stay and go down with our ship.
Mmkay....better idea..

ABANDON SHIP!!!

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
I LOVE that Toon Link part.
He's like "MMKAY guys, I like did the laundry, OK?!?" and I was all like "lul".

MASTER! He's totally owning EVERTHING without even TRYING!
THIS IS BULL****!
What'll we do master?
Stay and go down with our ship.
Mmkay....better idea..

ABANDON SHIP!!!
Yeah, loved that part. Especially with how they did MK's voice.

You know, I'm actually quite surprised they didn't do Gardevoir for that Pokemon snap XXX thing, Out of all of them, when I saw that, I was like "Yep, Lopunny and Gardevoir, I can see it coming" Well, I was half right.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Firus arn't you a east coaster? Its like 12:43ish there :3
Actually, it's like 1:38 here...but who's counting?

I'm probably off to bed soon, though. I prefer to stay up late and get up early (if I could go without sleep entirely, that is), but since I don't want to murder myself I prefer to get up early -- waking up past 10:30 (when I can sleep in that late) always makes me feel like crap.

Upper. I wouldn't say NC's in the middle, I've always considered it to be southern.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
NC is considered south, but it's in the mmiddle

firus, maryland, RD, delaware? or further up?

it's 11:47 where I am

Top Bottom