• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

Allied

Smash Master
nice tournament but venue needs to be way bigger and bigger money entry fee

I'm thinking 20 bucks cause with 144 singles enterants
5 bucks is too little haha

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Ok I was going to leave this humongoid post about the many problems of this tournament but instead I am just going to say this and let others do the whining.

I went to a smash tournament and came back with blisters on my feet.....

ANTi_

Smash Hero
AHhH this tournament was alright i give it a 5/10
*mainly because these unprofessional azz workers told everyone that only 1st n 2nd would be able to get in the bracket*
SHOUTOUTS :)

Glick - thanks for teaming we did pretty good for just teaming for the first time

Blackanese - lol thanks for guiding me to the store i was lost as a mofo

Hax - nice seeing you again lol you definetly gotta get me on that melee s**t

Bengali dude - your mean -_-

Ninjalink - the commentary on the pool matches were funny

Snakeee - haha nice friendlies ur ZSS is awezum.

Dark.Pch - :) thanks for helping me and glick in that doubles match haha your advice worked

Atomsk - i had to prove myself xD funny guy.

J-Tails - had the hardest pool ever haha but i think you did good

Atire - nice seeing you around another one of those people i met off AIB and seen em IRL Great samus

Knightmare516 - cool guy coming to your tourny the 8th

Zen - fun talking to you next time were definitely teaming

Jash - close pool match best toon link on the east coast imo

Dire - didn't really meet you but your G&W was sick.

Alex Strife - pretty good tournament you held

i'll remember more people when i think harder :)
oh yeah my back and feet were killing me lol.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Alright well that place was super cramped but I didn't expect 160+ people so its ok. I'm glad Alex brought this to us. Even though it had a few bad things. He brought us a big tournament in NYC I'm extremly greatful for that. Now for shout-outs

Alex: thanks for everything you rock :D

The people in my pool it was amazingly fun

Pride: you had an off day but your yoshi is still beast. Good matches

Rykoshet: you have an amazing ike good match

Blue: wow... just wow your sonic wrecked everyone. Your sonic is to good.

Liqui: wow close set. Nice falco too bad we couldn't get into brackets even with us getting 3rd and 4th

Everyone else in that pool: everyone was great . It was fun while being competitive.

To my crew:

Fable: I love how everyone was cheering for you in our doubles matches. We're too good

VID30GAM3R: you did great for your first tournament. Doubles was good. And you had a really tough pool which you woulda made into brackets if we had more time.

KS136: good toon link man. You did good in pools do better next time.

I love the New york smash community its amazing and I missed you guys <3

If I forgot anyone I'm sorry I'm tired and going to bed night <3

Thirtyfour

Smash Journeyman
Even though I was like HALF asleep outside during doubles and ****.
I'd like to have a moment of silence for my 3rd and 4th placed pool members...
If you would please bow your heads for a moment.........
thank you.
Im going to the next tourney you told me about BUM and Knight if I get a job at stop n shop/sprint/Footlocker. MAny choices. Send me an Aim sometime or something the week of the tourney or something. AIB chat maybe. uh.... idk.

GGs everyone Sorry I couldnt use more falcon.
Dark I hope next time we can play a serious SET for once.
My Falco is TOOOO aggressive.
Thanks for the Compliments and such D1 Atomisk Bum Ninjalink Knight Silven.
I cant talk loud or barely at all with the cig smoke in the air I get light headed and didnt have any extra tylenol :L.
Uh..................................
Bogus my back hurts from all the standing.
Well.........
MMs again next time folk I'll remember other folk i met n stuff later uh................... im mad imma go sleep

KnightMare516

Smash Lord
All i am going to say is 170 or so singles entrants.... WHERE THE **** YALL ALL COME FROM????????????????????????????????????????? LMAO it was like a all male club in there no room. lmao but hey all i wanna say is alex did a **** GOOD JOB WITH THIS AND IT AINT HIS FAULT FOR THIS THING TO BE THE WAY IT WAS. THAT ****EN STAFF AT PLAYNTRADE WERE THE HUGEST ***** ON THE PLANET. NO CLASS CURSING PEOPLE OUT, STARTING FIGHTS AND PULLING ULTIMATUMS ON ALEX IT WASNT FAIR. I COULDNT BELIEVE THEM. we did pools and it was 10 people per pool. we were all told that top 4 advance then suddenly after everyone played they decide top 2 and that was the store that did that not alex. I GOT ****EN 3rd and it was cause i ****ed around with a character i dont use really cause i knew i was gettin top 4 any how.

i am sayn this now at my tourny there will be a 64 person cap and no exceptions. so get there early :)

Glick

Smash Lord
I was glad that I made it into the top 4 of my pool but no. 3 and 4 had to get cut. Not cool.

To the person I was tied with, no hard feelings. I could sense a little tension but your still a cool guy and you have a beast fox. Good games. Plus it ended up not mattering since 3 and 4 of the pool got booted.

Vanz. Nice doubles that was really intense. I was really worried since I usually have trouble with kirby vs MK. I usually pick Jiggz for that matchup. Funnest doubles ever.

Jiggz got to shine a little bit today, but I had to be a gay with kirby like I usually am.

GG's everyone and everyone in my pool.

Also that **** was packed and my back, neck, legs and feet hurt from it. Needs chairs not only in the basement. I might show up to this venue again if there is less of a turnout. It was hectic and I almost killed myself when It was nearly impossible to walk through.

Nice meeting you "obama".

Also it smelt like hot ***.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
17th isnt good enough, but I have no complaints about the people I lost to. I shouldn't be annoyed about losing but the first thing that comes to mind is "It's ike, what do you expect?"

I'm glad I got where I did, good matches vec and jtails, and good work and nice conversations, blue (shout out to kai too for reppin hard). Thanks for the shout out chaos marth.

Vec - Tough luck on that match with kubuu, **** was funny as **** though.

34 - Reverse falcon punch put me in ****in tears, I laughed so hard.

ZRO - Not in public yo

Blackanese - You'll haunt me forever son, but you're still one of the funniest people to sit around and play with.

NL - Funny commentary on matches and good convo.

D1 - Funny **** downstairs while we were chlling.

Atomsk - "**** you", nah I kid though I mean I guess I should be happy that I did somewhat decently today.

tGwarr10r

Smash Apprentice
well i didnt make it.. but im sorta glad i didnt lol heard it was ****in chaos lol... how many ppl 180 almost?? wow whoever won musta been like :D lol
either way ill try to make the next one hopefully not as many ppl will be there tho lol

soul ark

Smash Ace
i just got home now that alone should tell you how bad it was...

and no offense but it smelled like hot butt every where and the doors were open so in my head i was like (how on earth does it smell like hot a$$ if it's cold????)

im not going to blame anyone, in general it was handled wrong. not because any one messed up but unexpected things occurred. and while you try your best to plan for the unexpected stuff happens dont blame alex ,or the store, or the people, it's nothing we can do but keep this from not happening through communication.

with out further adieu i will give some shout outs

rookie: i find it hilarious that i meet you and dont play you your defiantly doing something right because you were first in your pool and i respect that to the fullest.

ryko: didn't play you either but good conversation

D1: you dont know how sad i would be if i was in your pool. me you and rookie have to help fox boards out

ninjalink: we have to meet up sometime so i can get the no trip hack

ref: your ness is marvelous you show a potential i never seen before in that character

black walts : im sorry if i misspelled your name. good olimar (were you going to hair money match someone????

vans: good stuff beating every one in the pool and actually handling the pool well

crimson/HMD: good stuff little bro keep at it and you'll beat me one day

reaper: finally you pick a good name get off my fox though 3 stocking marth is my job.

azure: good stuff getting counter picked in a pool with one stock only even better when you made it to 3rd

if i missed anyone im sorry im so tired but i have to do a few more things so peace out

Shin Bowser Meow

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinBowserMeow
3DS FC
4184-3865-2383
first off...

Real talk I was getting kinda tight, but later on in the evening when dude came outside and explained the deal and what not I was a calm cow once again. heads dont know that some smashers or random said / done some foul stuff to the staff. I aint saying its an excuse to be unprofessional about things, but I understand why those staff members were tight. Tight staff + tight smashers + huge turnout = chaos. long story short I appriciatte dude coming out towards the end and talking with us alot. Shizz happened and was handled kinda wrong but lets be thankful we had a big tournament in NYC. Dont be pissed @ the store, the employees or Alex. they did the best they could to get stuff done. look @ it this way. when you expect about 70+, the venue can only hold about 70 comfortably and you get 170+ then things get outta hand. i'll admit that certain times heads were acting crazy, but us smashers act up as well so blah.

sorry for the wall of text, but it needed to be typed

shoutouts:

rookie: gratzie on getting first in pools. You'll not beat me again ~^.^~

Ryko: i told you that you would not lose to a lesser DK now. my job is almost done...

Hab: Always a pleasure teaming with you and chilling. you most delfino calmed the Moo down after we got knocked out of teams. We should not have lost, but we did not lose to randoms so i'm content.

kristain: GG on beating my DK. real talk it was a good match. no johns. Just fear my Pokemon ~^.^~

Ussi and partner: Thanks for recording the match. i played your ike before @ chibos tournament awhile back. good stuff

Silevn + Starz: i'm happy yallz got far and plowed through losers. Hab and I payed for our mistakes so i'm content... wont happen again.

D1: My dude! congratzie on your payday my dude. it wont easy, but you did it mang. next time we gotta leave the bags @ home.

Bum: gratzie to you as well. should not have lost to you last teams match, but we did so blah.

Atomsk: WHY DO I ALWAYS HAVE TO FACE YOU IN TOURNAMENT??? j/k i dont mind. fighting those that are better than me keeps the blade sharp.

Jumpman: you got gayed, but the Mario is looking rather dangerous now. ~^.^~

I'm forgetting people I know it but in my heart just know I love you all

Edit: Bum is a beacon for drunk people to say stupid shizz to him... dont ruin another dudes b day mang...

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
AHHH I wanna write a whole bunch but my hands are literally freezing right now (no johns!!) but I just wanted to say a few things (and hopefully won't be lazy and post shoutouts tomorrow) that...170 PEOPLE is an amazing turnout but too bad the staff sucked (select members) but Alex/Johnathan did a great job in doing his best to keep up with everything despite all the backlash from the staff. And THANKS to everyone who helped him, I didn't do much...just complained lmao. Seriously you all did a great job, and looking on the bright side of things, it just goes to show how big NYC is and we can all come together to create something amazing.

GodotAA

Smash Ace
i dont understand how 170 people could come to a monthly and or weekly... that totally blows my mind.

d1 you shoulda pulled that elevator combo out it was so disgusting

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
Nana locking Snake's all over New York City
Im not sure what I placed, I feel really disappointed though...but I got 1st in my pool.(Wasn't easy) Considering I main Fox. But I couldn't make past 1st round. I hate to really explain why because alot of people would just always find the moment to scream NO JOHNS but seriously I think fatigue just played a crazy big factor on me, So much that I fell asleep on the 7 train and some random had to shove me to wake me up. Also I was really dying to have a seat(im sure everyone needed that) but for some reason I play extremely better sitting down (again, im sure others feel the same way) BUT overall Good turnout on players showing up, mad fun, D1, RYKO, SHINI, ZRO, & Jtails chillin downstairs was mad funny...

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
**** I knew I forgot something, **** was mad late.

Again a shout out to D1 NL and Jumpman but also big shout out to ShinMoo (AFRICA) also for the training I got last week, helped a ton especially with my marth game.

Guilty7

Smash Apprentice
Lolz Yeah my feet were killing me. I paid for the singles (HsQrL) but didn't join it. =*( Maybe for the next tourneys we can get some chairs in even though it was impossible to fit chairs in that place. >_>

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Okay guys this is sort of Important.

Anyone who brought a Wii to the tourney, Check you replays for a match of a Ness against an Olimar with the final KO being PK Flashing his Tether.

That was Me versus Black Waltz, Contact me if you have it.

Shout outs?

NinjaLink: Fun friendlies, Jab locking is fun.

Soul Ark: Your Fox is amazing, one of the best I've seen

VanZ: Good job winning all you matches in Pools.

Eli: Nice seeing you there, Glad we both made it out of pools.

DJ Nintendo: Don't give up, keep trying and practice your bowser as much as you can. The 1 second left kill on me with Ike was too smooth

Doowop: Nice seeing you there.

Bum: Glad you came, good job helping the people run the stuff.

Black Waltz: Good Match, sorry that you got out of pools because of it...

Liquid 1: Your snake is amazing, you played smart.

Cheeze: Thanks for teaming with me even though we did so horrible.

Atomsk: Nice Dedede, I'm still figuring out how to beat him... Facing Leo first probably did give me the experience to do better.

Anyone else: Glad you came.

Standing was a pain... I feel bad for Alex, the workers took everything out of his hands. Though I think they did feel bad about it seeing that they gave us Double elimination

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
Wow Just Wow

Anyways I Am Not Going To Sit Here And Hate On The Tournament Them And Everyone Else Didnt Expect That Hug Of A Turnout So Its Hard To Prep For That. The Only Thing I Really Didnt Like Was Just Having To Stand Up So Long Causing Major Fatigue. Any Ways Let Me Just Finish This Post By Saying My ***** Blue Blue Lol Good **** Blue I Went Mainly Sonic For You Lol And Also Gladamus You ***mag How The **** Are U Going To Do That To Blue Your Own Crew Member You Lucky U Didnt Do That If U Would Every Be In Da Lol, We All Would Stomp You Pink *** Out Then Kick You Out The Crew Your From The Same Crew And State And You Going To Coach For The Away Team.
You Best To Believe Next Time We Fight I Am Going To Talk So Much ****. So Yeah Blue You Can Follow Up With This Post I Just Made Lol On Gladumus(atomis) Anyway Good **** Bum You Scum ***** Over Came That Fatigue Battles Lol Good **** U Deserve To Win That Day And Also Nice Seeing You At The Club Sir You And Fab5. So Yeah Thats All Folks Good Fight Good Night.

"sonic He Can Really Move!"

MRS1

Smash Journeyman
Dope Monthly everybody... yeah it did smell the inside of a diaper in there. Glick, good **** beating that Metaknight with your Jiggz. Total reversal of tiers. It was good seeing everybody from Web2Zone to, I hope we can get some sort of training grounds running again. I can't wait to train more with Samus and bring her game up.

-MOMMY/MOTHER!

RoyalLance

Smash Apprentice
I think they should have capped the number of participants for singles and/or posted up a higher entry fee so the turnout would have been a number the store could have held properly. It was a LONG time between when I started my doubles match and my singles match. Much of the time I was made to wait in the could October weather for hours. I don't care what anyone says. That does have and effect on how you play, assuming you'd want play afterwards...

But to the Game & Watch/Lucario team T-Web and I face. Good stuff with the Ball/Bucket combo.

Kwis?

Smash Apprentice
yesterday was pretty epic..
Playing Tier and Blackaneese wasnt =[
GG guys..
umm results were... I think Leo and d1 Split.. or something..

Thats all i know.

1st BUM
2nd Leo
3rd D1
4th Snakee
5th Dire
6th Ninjalink

D1/ninjalink; Good job today.. =D awesome matches
Dire: OMG lol random 9 Good **** tho
Snake/Shadow Gj guys nice seeing you again
Hax: LOL.. "lets get em " =O lol should have kept the pink bandanna on
DJ NINtendo: lol Patient games in pools jesus lol
Leo: LEOOO =] GO to lehman =D
Jayoyea: why do i 3 stock you in friendlies but when we play in tournament at lehman were like 50-50 lol
sneek: nice meeting you.. we were talking at the end of the tournament =O
Bum: LOL.. Why you in my Face For.. Drunk guy: IM NOt all in yer face.. LOL **** you had like 25 people with you so i guess he felt intimidated lol
zro: Billy =[ ugg.. LOL hes in a better place now.. Texas =]
crismas: Thanks for selling me those stickers =] maybe you should have advertised them more..
alex: Gj bringing 170+ people.. it was amazing except the people who worked there.. some were Pricks. but what can you do..
jaden: gj yesterday defiantly need to go to Rockefeller lol
Raymond: ugg.. yea we need to play wi-fi more.. =[ like we used to in the begining... darn it.. lol.. Gj tho ill try to listen to your advice next time.
jtails: move back to the Bx so we can take the train together =D.. lol

Im sorry if i forgot anyone =[
not sleeping for 6 hours kills me LOL.

I met some pretty cool people yesterday and over all it was great hanging out for a day with the Ny smashers.. thanks for reading =O

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
posted this **** in the wrong thread. Look at the play and trade thread to see what I said about this crap that happened.

GodotAA

Smash Ace
right now im thinking it was better not to go... It seems like from what im reading it didn't end well.

this is why i offered my backyard lol its teh big... but i live far away and its getting cold

Top Bottom