• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
thx. yo this place is the best place. me and the boss of the place is already getting things started tomorrow on how we gonna run it. we trying to get it beyond huge. i'm gonna try to run all types of tournaments there. i'm sorry, but no place compares to that place. it's way to big and he can even put the smoke machine on and he can put some music on that is extremely loud.
u think in the near future there could be like a two day event thing? cuz im deffinatly looking forward to coming by there.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
**** dj good luck man **** event 52 for all of us

besides that anyone wanna MM oct 18th im bored and wanna make some easy $ lol

Glick

Smash Lord
I think that Official NYC Smash Weeklies should be completely to this new place bum discovered. Screw monthlies. Have a monthlies tourny there but this thread should be turned back to the way it was once bum establishes the new place he found.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I think that Official NYC Smash Weeklies should be completely to this new place bum discovered. Screw monthlies. Have a monthlies tourny there but this thread should be turned back to the way it was once bum establishes the new place he found.
sounds kewl but again i rather have monthlies only because its better. plus manhattan > any borough cause its conveinent for ppl from all areas to travel since it is in the middle. Monthlies also get OOS ( ppl from canada/md/va/nj) to come down. Speaking with PnT they seem to want to do weeklies ( which they can do but I wont be invovled ) but for me personally I will rather see monthlies. More hype + more ppl = more fun. I liked the idea of gaunlets and everyone practicing for one tournament a month instead of constant tournaments every week. That for a bit hurt melee and trust me once the game gets a certain age a lot of these tournaments coming up will become a little less frequent. I know history and I do not know if you know anything about Halo/Gears/SF/mvc2 or any of the communities I have been in and have been involved in but history will repeat itself and to me I have not see anything different in this game + community that I have not seen in Halo or CS.

Glick I know u think its a good place but again we have to wait and past judgement. I posted in that thread what I thought and to be honest its sad to say but I have not seen anything that has really blown me away. I think it has potential to be a good venue but I wish better pics were taken. so thats just my take better pics to show this size of the venue because to me it seems extremely cramped.

Not only that but take this into account. A player coming from BK travels almost 1-2 hours to this venue but bronx travels 20-30 mins? That is not fair. A perfect venue is in the center and with all the venues that NYC can and does offer Manhattan is the place to go.

If you dont believe me thats kewl I know that a lot of people do not realize the things I say but trust me its not about who whats or wheres its about doing whats RIGHT fort he community. thats just my 2 cents.

BUM163

Smash Lord
well trust me and believe that the place is huge. the manager is a gamer himself and understands where i'm coming from. do monthlies. when you do your monthlies i will cancel weeklys for a week so people can go in there. we working to keep smash/tournaments period alive. i ain't here to collide with anyone. if peoole can come then come... it will be worth it. i should take pictures so people can see how big it is.

right now he doesn't have the equipment which is fine cause it just open. i'll be there later today to help out. mahattan beats everything such as everyone can meet there yea. ask vanz, dire and basic sausage who had to help them run the tournament in pnt. if you wasn't hosting alex guranteed it will be chaos in there. vanz almost had a fight CAUSE HE WAS RIGHT LOL. i had to tell the dude he was wrong and he still was talking crap about vanz. thats not even professional one bit.

the place can be far for some and i can understand that.... but check this out.

the store can close whenever he wants it to close.
the store easily holds 100 people and still not a fire hazzard.
couches for people to be comfortable.
upstairs you can get drinks and food or if not go outside and buy it.
he has a mic and dj equipment to put annouce people and put music on.
the guy is mad cool and talking to him one day he understands how it is to be a gamer. he been playing for years.
the train station is 20-30 seconds away from the store literally.
this is not only brawl and melee and yes melee will be thrown in there.

people who can't go i tell you this... you will be missing out on alot. guranteed that. like i said if someone thinks i'm bullcrapping, i will pay for your trainfare for you coming and going if i'm wrong about this place.

after i get my i.d i will go to the place and talk more things out with him. anyone is able to come so they can check it out themselves. if i'm wrong about this place, i'll give you 4 dollars and buy you something to eat.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
well trust me and believe that the place is huge. the manager is a gamer himself and understands where i'm coming from. do monthlies. when you do your monthlies i will cancel weeklys for a week so people can go in there. we working to keep smash/tournaments period alive. i ain't here to collide with anyone. if peoole can come then come... it will be worth it. i should take pictures so people can see how big it is.

right now he doesn't have the equipment which is fine cause it just open. i'll be there later today to help out. mahattan beats everything such as everyone can meet there yea. ask vanz, dire and basic sausage who had to help them run the tournament in pnt. if you wasn't hosting alex guranteed it will be chaos in there. vanz almost had a fight CAUSE HE WAS RIGHT LOL. i had to tell the dude he was wrong and he still was talking crap about vanz. thats not even professional one bit.

the place can be far for some and i can understand that.... but check this out.

the store can close whenever he wants it to close.
the store easily holds 100 people and still not a fire hazzard.
couches for people to be comfortable.
upstairs you can get drinks and food or if not go outside and buy it.
he has a mic and dj equipment to put annouce people and put music on.
the guy is mad cool and talking to him one day he understands how it is to be a gamer. he been playing for years.
the train station is 20-30 seconds away from the store literally.
this is not only brawl and melee and yes melee will be thrown in there.

people who can't go i tell you this... you will be missing out on alot. guranteed that. like i said if someone thinks i'm bullcrapping, i will pay for your trainfare for you coming and going if i'm wrong about this place.

after i get my i.d i will go to the place and talk more things out with him. anyone is able to come so they can check it out themselves. if i'm wrong about this place, i'll give you 4 dollars and buy you something to eat.

thats fine as i said im a doubting thomas so i just want better pictures i'd def hit it up though.

D1

Banned via Administration
So yeah I'm gonna support any venue that we can get...but I'd lean more towards a venue on a Viernes/Vendredi/Friday more than any other day.

Lets get Friday Night Fights on an POPPIN!!!

Oh yeah ^_^.

Btw this sh** make me laugh. This is an excerpt from someone's post about one of Lil Wayne and T-Pain's latest songs on the XXL magazine website:

"but c’mon, asking *****s to actually have some higher expectations is like a black man asking a Jew for a job at a fortune 500 company. That **** just aint gonna happen, us black folks are destined to be **** ups forever. I’ve accepted it, just hope I die before I see the worst."

LMAO

It sucks to be colored.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
You are ********.

BTW DJ good luck in Kansas!

BUM163

Smash Lord
glick there can be multiple places and things work out. it's all up to the hosts to sit down and discuss. monthlies are great cause it brings people from other states to come. weeklys are good for people who don't get to see each other, come/chill and its more of a training/tournament. although weeklys i was throwing in web2zone had people come from florida and awhole bunch of other states.

dj is going to kanas lol..... how random is that. good stuff. people should pick up from you especially me to travel and test your skills. i give dj props cause he going into different terriority ready to f stuff up.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Gotta laugh at the random cut down for honestly no reason. I plan on hitting up both, but to be honest it still takes longer for me to hit the bronx than it does jersey and that alone may cause me to miss a lot of bronx weeklies. The venue does look nice though and I have to say I am just glad brawl will be having its representation in NY again.

BUM163

Smash Lord
well thats why, it's gonna be weeklys. i will throw big tournaments in there also.

Alukard

Smash Hero
bum ... u need to definitely throw some melee up in that shizzz ... also halo3 ... i will definitely ****

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
LOL at Eli. FD isnt a scary place.
***** I got nightmares every night about being chaingrabbed or grab->released into bs on that stage. THE HORRORS. AHHHHHHHH.

And Leo... please don't complain about Wario, mista DDD user. You may be more overweight but I got the twisted mustache. Remember that ****... remember that ****.

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
well I gotta say superb find bum!! It looks great I will delfino show up for this, just tell me which train to take and what stop to get off at, im coming from queenz.

Dj reppin us at kansas, show'em that bowser son.

"im in there like swimwear" taking warriorknights sig lol

And yes we all know that bum is whack in brawl b/c he has lost 0% of the time?

Top Bottom