• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
really looking forward to going to the monthlies
im just glad these are up again so i can try out tournament play:)

Rabidd

Smash Rookie
I'm really new to the city and smash community in general. Can I register for this tourney at the door?
Also, does anyone go to NYU? I've been itching to up my Brawl game but I'm not sure if there's even a Brawl community at NYU. >.>;

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
I'm really new to the city and smash community in general. Can I register for this tourney at the door?
Also, does anyone go to NYU? I've been itching to up my Brawl game but I'm not sure if there's even a Brawl community at NYU. >.>;
There is, and I'm part of it. ^_^

Check out PLAY, the games club at NYU. Alot of Smashers are in their meetings. Also go to the Kimmel Center and go to the Student Resource Center at the back of the second floor, where there's a bunch of computers and TVs. Every week day there's usually a couple kids smashing there.

Also, a group of us from NYU are trying to plan a tri-generational Smash tournament (SSB64, Melee and Brawl) some time this semester. Myself on the committee for it, it'll almost certainly be in Palladium Residence Hall, and maybe have some help nextdoor from PNT, where the monthlies will be held starting in October, as well as PLAY, but that's all still speculation.

UH OH SPECULATION!

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
It's super effective at getting people to join.

Having it run smoothly with only three or so people will not be effective at all.

EDIT: And you still haven't put Kurisumasu katakana in your sig yet. :(

soul ark

Smash Ace
are there any seats at the new site i remember last time there wheren't any and i almost missed a match because i was tired and went outside. dont worry though i was in like 5th place before i got knocked out but still things can get very uncomfortable and crowded.

--- waiting not so patiently for sonic chonicles pre-release (CHAO WORLD)

Alex Strife

Smash Hero

Check out PLAY, the games club at NYU. Alot of Smashers are in their meetings. Also go to the Kimmel Center and go to the Student Resource Center at the back of the second floor, where there's a bunch of computers and TVs. Every week day there's usually a couple kids smashing there.

Also, a group of us from NYU are trying to plan a tri-generational Smash tournament (SSB64, Melee and Brawl) some time this semester. Myself on the committee for it, it'll almost certainly be in Palladium Residence Hall, and maybe have some help nextdoor from PNT, where the monthlies will be held starting in October, as well as PLAY, but that's all still speculation.

UH OH SPECULATION!
pnt told me about that and my friend chris said it was gonna go downq

HoMaLoN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoMaLoN

HoMaLoN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoMaLoN
nvm i found out for myself. Dont worry white folks ^_^ there is still a reason for white ppl to go to the bronx. (lolz and stereotypes) but on a serious note, They just gonna be moving it across the street. I seen construction machines and stuff there, yesterday

HoMaLoN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoMaLoN
They're building a new one right next door but it's still sad since there's such a immaculate history with the current one.
yeah such is life. Something like this happened in One Piece lolz ^_^
Also if anybody has Jump Ultimate Stars and want to play, lemme kno

Ryan-K

Smash Master
yeah even though i dont like baseball its pretty sad yankee stadium is done for.

didnt jeter beat lou gehrig's record? I know like last week he tied it for most hits out of yankee stadium. at least noone will be able to beat his record lolz

also ddd wants his money

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Does anybody know any tournys going on in NYC till october 18? Even if their small.
There's a crappy one at VC games every saturday assuming the owner doesn't do somehting ******** like he has the last 3 weeks. It's on 5th avenue between 55th and 56th in brooklyn but the issue is that the prize is store credit and to my knowledge it's still single elim. If ANYTHING else comes up I avoid it but if i'm home on a saturday it's around the corner from me and easy money... well... credit.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord

UH OH SPECULATION!
LOL Hab those tournaments usually end up like this.. (if 50 people came)

64 - 5-10

Melee - 15-30

Brawl - 40-50 entrants

No personal bias added...that's just what usually happens because people migrate towards the newer game naturally. Scrap the 64 and do a Melee/Brawl

That's basically all I'm saying :psycho:

And of course let us know ^_^

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
LOL Hab those tournaments usually end up like this.. (if 50 people came)

64 - 5-10

Melee - 15-30

Brawl - 40-50 entrants

No personal bias added...that's just what usually happens because people migrate towards the newer game naturally. Scrap the 64 and do a Melee/Brawl

That's basically all I'm saying :psycho:

And of course let us know ^_^
NYU has a strangely large 64 population, though. Our tourney last year that was Melee and 64 had about equal entrants between the two.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
yeah even though i dont like baseball its pretty sad yankee stadium is done for.

didnt jeter beat lou gehrig's record? I know like last week he tied it for most hits out of yankee stadium. at least noone will be able to beat his record lolz

also ddd wants his money
YES I thought that picture was sooo hilarious LOL I think I saw it yesterday on the Kirby Super Star DS cover.

Glick

Smash Lord
There's a crappy one at VC games every saturday assuming the owner doesn't do somehting ******** like he has the last 3 weeks. It's on 5th avenue between 55th and 56th in brooklyn but the issue is that the prize is store credit and to my knowledge it's still single elim. If ANYTHING else comes up I avoid it but if i'm home on a saturday it's around the corner from me and easy money... well... credit.
Yeah dude I know about that one. I hang out in that area of bay ridge all the time and I found the thread. I was going to go once but the guy canceled and said something about him being sick. I sorta forgot about it, but I might go. If its doubles and you need a partner let me know. I'm just in the for some experience.

BUM163

Smash Lord
ighttt fellas. i got a new place in the bx literally 3 blocks away from me. this place is crazy. it can hold 100 plus people downstairs. upstairs is the computers. the store even has food and beverages. once you get out the train station you walk 20 seconds and you're right there to the store. i made a thread so check it out.

this is the store site- www.fltmaxcybercafe.com

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
ighttt fellas. i got a new place in the bx literally 3 blocks away from me. this place is crazy. it can hold 100 plus people downstairs. upstairs is the computers. the store even has food and beverages. once you get out the train station you walk 20 seconds and you're right there to the store. i made a thread so check it out.

this is the store site- www.fltmaxcybercafe.com
wow that place looks mad hot I'd deffinatly be down for going to one of those once it gets big enough, because thats an extremely hot venue no joke.

BUM163

Smash Lord
thx. yo this place is the best place. me and the boss of the place is already getting things started tomorrow on how we gonna run it. we trying to get it beyond huge. i'm gonna try to run all types of tournaments there. i'm sorry, but no place compares to that place. it's way to big and he can even put the smoke machine on and he can put some music on that is extremely loud.

Top Bottom