• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

Glick

Smash Lord
lol. So, now my wii is broken, there aren't any weeklies and now I'm flooded with AP classes and SAT prep bull****. I hope someone starts a weekly somewhere. I'm going to start smoking again if someone doesn't do something that will occupy me in the small amount of free time I have.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
lol. So, now my wii is broken, there aren't any weeklies and now I'm flooded with AP classes and SAT prep bull****. I hope someone starts a weekly somewhere. I'm going to start smoking again if someone doesn't do something that will occupy me in the small amount of free time I have.

Well after speaking with Play N Trade ( who are SUPER NICE ) I can probably get monthlies started for the meantime starting in Oct. To be honest whatever was said on the forums about them is really not true. They are willing to help and even will help purchase more televisions as the time goes on.

Most likely it will be $5 venue fee and 5 per tournament and the $5 they make will help to get televisions ( tube tvs ) and other random **** (like a billion chairs) that we need. They offered upstairs and downstairs and they have some chairs already for now. It is not perfect but IMO a venue is doable as long as people have fun and respect the store ( AKA like parallaxlan XD good times ).

So ya I will come with a date I just have to talk with Alukard and make sure it does not conflict with anything he has because I need to run these on Saturdays for now. It's monthlies so its not really a big deal.

Anyway discuss?

soul ark

Smash Ace
i hate the idea of monthlies but it's at least something which is great that coupled with the bx torney bum is working on and i think we'll be set.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
This will be sick so your switching the weeklys to monthlies?

for now ya...its a new venue u have to start slowly...rushing it would make the situation worst...so for now we will see what happens after this one event.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
lmao so if you have no brawl you smoke.

BUM163

Smash Lord
pnt meaning play and trade? if so they told me they wanted to work on weeklies cause i was gonna do the weeklys there, but if you know them alex then its better you do it.

BUM163

Smash Lord
lol woww i just read the page behind this. who did you speak to alex? i spoke to sha and he told me to speak to him oct also. alex i'll call you lata so we can discuss things. make things even better if possible and if you have the time. might as well since they telling us the same thing.

also anyone wanna train today let me know. i try to go to nj to their smashfest, but just to get my shapeup took 4ever. if anyone has a melee copy, please bring that.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I personally like monthlies, at least for now. Gives people time to train and aim for something a little larger than weeklies, plus money wise as well. And it may bring in more people since of the time gap. I like this coupled with Alu's melee biweeklies (which are awesome btw!! lol).

Eggm

Smash Hero
Hell yeah they are awesome. I loved the more NY support that you gave crismis as well as phish it sol n64 and kwan and stuffs. All come again please. :)

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
lol woww i just read the page behind this. who did you speak to alex? i spoke to sha and he told me to speak to him oct also. alex i'll call you lata so we can discuss things. make things even better if possible and if you have the time. might as well since they telling us the same thing.

also anyone wanna train today let me know. i try to go to nj to their smashfest, but just to get my shapeup took 4ever. if anyone has a melee copy, please bring that.

Well I spoke to a Sha and my friend who works there who vouched for me...for now its gonna be just us 3 doing it. My thing is I am in no rush to get the events going. Taking our time is better. Thanks for offering to help but I think I can handle this fine.

S.R. XXVII

Smash Ace
Wow, I'm so lost. In spite of recent tragedies, the lack of internet in Aug., school starting, and other johns, I have no idea what's been happening. I comeback to see W2Z out of commission, and on top of all that, no one knows who I am. Great.

And Play'n'Trade is where now?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Wow, I'm so lost. In spite of recent tragedies, the lack of internet in Aug., school starting, and other johns, I have no idea what's been happening. I comeback to see W2Z out of commission, and on top of all that, no one knows who I am. Great.

Play'n'Trade is 13th st and 3rd Ave

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer

I know who you are. You're that horrid camera guy from Alex's Smashfest. The HaB cam ratings went down on that day T_T

Anyway, I wouldn't mind for play N trade. Like, how big is it? How many chairs do they have?

BUM163

Smash Lord
naaa i didn't mean that alex... but go ahead cause they told me they wanted to interview me. i much rather weeklies cause thats like training since people can't go to peoples houses every week. yea the pot money would be bigger..... but ok. i rather weeklys cause now if you decide to do a monthly and something else comes up or the weather is crazy, then you gonna get a lil bit of people and it's gonna suck.

weeklys are better than monthlys in my opinion, but it's your event.

BUM163

Smash Lord
lol. i will be on the hunt again for a new place. this time i'll just message people instead of putting my info on the boards.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
naaa i didn't mean that alex... but go ahead cause they told me they wanted to interview me. i much rather weeklies cause thats like training since people can't go to peoples houses every week. yea the pot money would be bigger..... but ok. i rather weeklys cause now if you decide to do a monthly and something else comes up or the weather is crazy, then you gonna get a lil bit of people and it's gonna suck.

weeklys are better than monthlys in my opinion, but it's your event.
no offense but its better to start off with one event and work on it. To me they want to do anything i give them cause they trust me but i rather earn my trust and show them then say a lot of noise.

weeklies are better to make $$$ but weeklies can cause a community to be lazy i should know it happened with melee for a bit. Monthlies keep things interesting and already i got my boys from Canada coming down to chill lol. Either way your right it is my event I just feel that the community needs something and best way to start off is simple not full blow weeklies because then from there i help them with $ to get the things needed for a proper weekly/tournament event not just for smash but for every fighitng game whcih is why Phire called me up about the place in the first place.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I Sooooo Second That
EDIT: in a way that im gonna **** too. lol

EDIT2: I hope everyone doesnt take the new venue for granted.

I am not going to get into the entire w2z situation but i will say this...as long as i run events no one has ever DARED tried to take advantage because I simply will not let them. I have common sense enough not to let one community rule any store I just would do what was needed and go from there.

cba

Smash Master
I am not going to get into the entire w2z situation but i will say this...as long as i run events no one has ever DARED tried to take advantage because I simply will not let them. I have common sense enough not to let one community rule any store I just would do what was needed and go from there.
DAM.N, you went soooo far
did i post sumthin offensive?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
nah its not that i like u cba i just get upset that ppl have taken advantage when i was not around

Top Bottom