• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Weekly Match-Up Discussion - Forever Outdated :(

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
It's okay guys. If you need to know anything about Peach dittos just ask me for help. I'm pretty sure I demonstrated at Genesis that I'm really good at them as well, so if Dark refuses to explain it ,just ask away at me.

By the way, take Olimar to castle siege =D The only part that's good for him is the final transformation, and it doesn't last very long, just ledge camp until it's over.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Wario is such an irritating character. Bair is good but recently I've found that spacing Floating Dairs are more useful to stop him from hitting you with aerials. Fair is valuable for outspacing him, F and Up Tilt are handy if he's agressive from above. I'm still not sure if this whole Floating Bair carry on is all it's cracked up to be. Can't Wario just run close by and underneath Peach, sheild the Bair and grab her? Wario has a noticebly larger grab range than Peach
In short, yes. Just walk approach the Peach and she'll either run out of room to retreat or have to do something else. We can also DACUS under her, as the first and last hits of the move are disjointed and will beat out her aerials.

Sh AC fairs are a lot better for keeping Wario out, especially if you stay under a low platform.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Dash Attack is super useful in this match up
I've been seeing it more and more but I've come to the conclusion:

Dash Attack > Projectiles

Peach ducks, moves forward, and hits with a disjointed hitbox that hits UP. If there ever was an attack designed against projectiles that wasn't a projectile itself, it would be Peach's Dash Attack.

SUPER EFFECTIVE against Yoshi's Eggs.

By the way, take Olimar to castle siege =D The only part that's good for him is the final transformation, and it doesn't last very long, just ledge camp until it's over.
What about the second transformation? You know, the one without a ledge to gimp...

Plus the Pikmin go through the statues right? Like on Luigi's Mansion. :ohwell:

Razmakazi

Smash Champion

You boys keep thinking the wrong is right.. I'm not saying a thing. I know more about Peach than anyone on this site. What, I am crazy? Going a lil too far? ego maniac much?
Nobody cares coz all you do is *****. Quit hyping yourself up, we know you're good but maybe you are just a little ego-*******. Always putting down the effort and knowledge the other Peaches have for the game. How are you gonna say you know the most when we have someone like Edrees whose always always been doing better than you and when we have people like Praxis going around mm'ing everyone learning tons about the game and getting reaaaaaally good, or other beast peaches like Excel or Hova. All you do nowadays is rant and ***** and refuse to repeat yourself once for the new people on these boards. I've been heeeeeeeeeeella patient with your attitude as have every single person that's ever debated you in match-up discussion or participated on these boards but you're just so stubborn, serious, and childish most of all. You're such a fvcking child, you never agree to disagree and when you pretend to or think people are wrong you never ever ever eeeeeeeeeeeever handle it like an adult.

tl;dr: Grow-up Dark *******, nobody cares about you or your ego. Go be bipolar somewhere else. I hope you get banned again.

White-Peach

Smash Ace
i love peach drama :D

I just want to fight wario because it lets me use my upsmash, and i feel all strong and stuff :D The whole "peach cant kill" is gone in this matchup, and everything about her that is good is still good. Her only disadvantage in this matchup is that she's light, but who cares :p

hiROI

Smash Lord
In the Wario match up. I feel its in Peach's advantage. And like White-Peach said, the upsmash is great and it does have a feeling of power :3

What do you guys do if the Wario is repeatedly using fsmash when your next to him? I'm to scared to jab because of super armor, and its intimidating that he gains distance, so i just run away.

White-Peach

Smash Ace
If you're in his face, you can always do OOS rising/retreating NAir. it will hit him in the startup and you're out of range by the time he moves your way. He cant hit you, but there is the possibility of being grabbed.

If you're midrange, you can float DAir. Out of range. He can do that annoying aerial bob and weave to catch you with his FAir or trade hits with another attack.

If you're relatively far, you can outspace him with stutter-stepped FSmash. He closes space though, so this distance tends to be further than other character's ranges (barring swordsmen.) Out of range. He cant really do anything to you here unless you whiff (stupid frying pan.)

Just stay out of range as long as you can, and watch his airdodges/spotdodges for openings. Its both a game of who thinks the furthest ahead, AND how well you can place your traps (fighting under falling turnips is always an advantage). You basically have to prod him into doing what you want because you both have answers to eachother's options if you predict correctly. But this BAir thing might work if you're gay enough :DDD Low-float BAirs are simply amazing. Just pretend if marth could hang right next to the ground~ and autocancel a FAir whenever you wanted to get close. That would really suck :p

Sky`

Smash Lord
In the Wario match up. I feel its in Peach's advantage. And like White-Peach said, the upsmash is great and it does have a feeling of power :3

What do you guys do if the Wario is repeatedly using fsmash when your next to him? I'm to scared to jab because of super armor, and its intimidating that he gains distance, so i just run away.
Not to mention, literally every one of wario's attacks are completely silenced by Bair.
=]

It's... quite refreshing to know that it's a great deal in her favor, if you space well. He shouldn't be able to approach at all.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Close ranged smash attacks? Pffft.

Free Pull -> Glide Toss -> Whatever.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
In short, yes. Just walk approach the Peach and she'll either run out of room to retreat or have to do something else. We can also DACUS under her, as the first and last hits of the move are disjointed and will beat out her aerials.

Sh AC fairs are a lot better for keeping Wario out, especially if you stay under a low platform.
Yea this is similar to what I was thinking. I have a friend who's really good with Wario and he does this me. Peach eventually runs out of room and when the Bair hit's Wario's shield, Peach's bum is still sticking out so he can grab her if he's up close

Really, I much prefer to keep him at bay with Turnips and Fairs and only use Bairs/2nd jumped Bairs if I have enough room. Oh and Floating Dairs like I said, keep them high enough to stop aerial attacks

Also guys please don't start arguing here again. I don't care about personal squabbles or grudges, we're all here to make this character better, not bicker amongst ourselves. I may not have a red name but cause any trouble here and I'll see a mod warns you about it :/

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
I may not have a red name but cause any trouble here and I'll see a mod warns you about it :/
lol @ Ricky making internet citizens arrests

@WC peaches. As for wario vs peach. I understand why you think you can completely shut wario out. I happen to think its beatable. We can test our theorycraft out irl whenever I feel like traveling across the country or if you're on the EC.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Has anyone else noticed how unusual Peach's matchups are? I mean, she seems to go even or close to even with over 2/3 of the cast, low tiers and high tiers alike. Yet at the same time she counters several high and top tier characters (Ice Climbers, Diddy Kong, Wario, Olimar).

@WC peaches. As for wario vs peach. I understand why you think you can completely shut wario out. I happen to think its beatable. We can test our theorycraft out irl whenever I feel like traveling across the country or if you're on the EC.
Wouldn't it be much easier simply to go on WiFi?

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
lol @ Ricky making internet citizens arrests
Teh internet is serious busi:ness2:
Just look at how busy he is being serious

On a more serious note, I'm fed up of people making a mess of threads around here and watching other board members come in and giggle away at the nonsense that goes on in here

Honestly, if I could turn the Peach Boards into a circus, I'd be so rich by now

Are people wanting to discuss Olimar next? Could you possibly finish the Diddy one off first guys? Thanks

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I still don't know how to really fight Diddy and Dekar is coming to Supercon in like 2 weeks. ;_____;

Olimar is going to be a fun discussion though - I saw some pretty crazy upsets at Genesis between KOS-MOS, Edreeses, Weroup, and Rich Brown. Their opinions would be insightful.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
An oli rediscussion would be pretty cool and i guess it wouldn't hurt to bring back the falco one or the marth one, or basically any match-up where u can't spam dair like a ****** and win. :3

goodkid

Smash Lord
Ok so how does Peach beat MK? How do we defeat his up-b? Or is it not possible? Everytime I hit his shield, I get up-b'd

I know:
*Turnip camp/setups
*bair>d-smash
*Do not hit MK's shield

gantrain05

Smash Master
Ok so how does Peach beat MK? How do we defeat his up-b? Or is it not possible? Everytime I hit his shield, I get up-b'd

I know:
*Turnip camp/setups
*bair>d-smash
*Do not hit MK's shield
the way i do it is PERFECTLY space Fairs, anytime you are in the air above him, Dair anytime you think he will shuttle loop, it will beat it in the air, chaingrabs work, as many turnips as you can, and if you pull a mr. saturn, KEEP IT ON THE FIELD, you can absolutely wreck with those things if you know how to use em right.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Which would be? Sounds interesting.
Breaking shields. Try it out in training mode. Mr. Saturn turns a completely full shield into a practically broken one in a single hit. From there, they must rely on rolls and sidesteps to avoid attacks until the shield refreshes. And since Peach's moves seem to be designed to ruin spot dodges and the like, repeated Dairs, Nairs, Bairs, DSmashes, slaps, and tyhe occasional dash attack and Peach Bomber, can rack up damage quickly with little hope of your opponent being able to avoid it.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I always just jump over people, dthrow Mr. Saturn and fastfall a nair. If they do nothing, they get hit by both. If they spotdodge, they get hit by the nair. If they shield, their shield breaks or pokes.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
I've found a Mr. Saturn hit has a LOT of hitstun, too, on the ground. Enough so that you can get another hit without much worry if you're in close. You can even get a powerful hit from ftilt/fsmash if you happen to get a glide toss in on the opponent. This INCLUDES MK.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Rickerdy I updated the match-up chart, you might wanna add it to this thread as well (and link it to its thread)

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Has anyone done any testing with Mr. Saturn's hitstun?

I know Wario can do bike tire locks and stuff and has a wall infinite with bike tires because they have high hitstun. xD

hiROI

Smash Lord
Yesterday I went to a tourney and went 3-2, fairly well i suppose.
But I completely don't understand the Marth and Rob Match up AT ALL.

With Marth I try to retreat bairs and turnips and the occasional Peach Bomber, but I get sliced by fairs ):

With Rob, I have problem keeping the damage on him. And when I am Floating Dairs, I dont continue it because i dont know if he has an OoS option and I prefer to be safe then get damage.

Help?

gantrain05

Smash Master

With Marth I try to retreat bairs and turnips and the occasional Peach Bomber, but I get sliced by fairs ):

With Rob, I have problem keeping the damage on him. And when I am Floating Dairs, I dont continue it because i dont know if he has an OoS option and I prefer to be safe then get safe.

Help?
Marth = gay, camp camp camp, throw turnips and space Fairs and go for gimps, its not a good matchup for peach, but its definately winnable, as for ROB, go in at a 45 degree angle, he's got a pretty big blind spot there, also, keep him above you, as his only options are Dair and Nair, and both are slow and easy to see coming, he's very easy to juggle, just keep the pressure on him.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/

I know Wario can do bike tire locks and stuff and has a wall infinite with bike tires because they have high hitstun. xD
What's Mr. Saturn's appearance rate anyway? it feels like its even more rare than the bobomb. I seriously see more bob-ombs than mr. saturns.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer

With Rob, I have problem keeping the damage on him. And when I am Floating Dairs, I dont continue it because i dont know if he has an OoS option and I prefer to be safe then get safe.

Help?
Marth, retreat fairs, it outranges his.

When he whiffs a fair, you can bair through it.

You can also stutter step fsmash...his fair'll whiff and you fsmash him.

Also, if he's up-Bing OOS when you fair to jab, if you're autocancelling perfectly you can fair to shield to bait his up-B, then you get a free peach bomber or usmash as he comes down.

Weruop

Smash Ace
Olmiar vs Peach needs to be changed. it is either 60 40 or 65 35 im not exactly sure.
i went 1-2 with edrees at genesis and 2-0'd kos mos. ive beaten sky 2-1 early june and ive gone about even with praxis in the past

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Edreese, how do you pronounce your name? I've rounded it down to four possibilites:

- Ee-dress
- Ee-drees
- Ed-ress
- Ed-reese

On, and to stay on topic, I agree that Peach vs Olimar is 60:40 for Peach.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
I've found a Mr. Saturn hit has a LOT of hitstun, too, on the ground. Enough so that you can get another hit without much worry if you're in close. You can even get a powerful hit from ftilt/fsmash if you happen to get a glide toss in on the opponent. This INCLUDES MK.

I neglected to say in that post, but a sweetspotted usmash is not unheard of with a Mr. Saturn hit. Just hard to time, almost impossible if it happens unexpectedly. But it can give something guaranteed as long as you're close enough when Mr. Saturn hits.

gantrain05

Smash Master
AHHH! how do u fight toon link? i played a really good one at gigabrawl, it was almost impossible to approach him, wall o' bombs, boomerangs, arrows, and zairs. all i could connect with was jabs/dash attack, and once in a while a fair.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Olmiar vs Peach needs to be changed. it is either 60 40 or 65 35 im not exactly sure.
i went 1-2 with edrees at genesis and 2-0'd kos mos. ive beaten sky 2-1 early june and ive gone about even with praxis in the past
I've said 60:40 for a while now, as has Edrees.

Olimar punishes harder. Peach has the ability to play it perfectly but she gets punished hard for mistakes. Peach's advantage, but not absurdly so.

It's like Metaknight vs Ice Climbers almost, LOL.

I lost badly to Rich Brown when he got six purples D: and then two stocked him the next round where he barely had any. XD

Edreese, how do you pronounce your name? I've rounded it down to four possibilites:

- Ee-dress
- Ee-drees
- Ed-ress
- Ed-reese

On, and to stay on topic, I agree that Peach vs Olimar is 60:40 for Peach.
I'd suggest you get the spelling down right before you work on the pronunciation.
;)

Cia

das kwl
For the first time in my life, I lost a set to a Marth (as Peach) and granted i didn't play as defensive/ spacey/ campy/ gay as i would have in tournament, i still feel like some of the things that happened.. should NOT have happened.. lol.

VaNz vs Pierce7d

Any thoughts?

Veggi

Smash Champion
I always lose to Marth, so I'm not sure how I could help. I guess run away and throw turnips more is the only advice I could give you. Slap more? I couldn't really recognize anything you did wrong in particular.

Top Bottom