• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Weekly Match-Up Discussion - Forever Outdated :(

Cia

das kwl
^ he shouldn't be able to hit you if you air dodge into the stage, the controls for the arrow aren't that fine. lol

and pretty much all GOOD ZSS users will spam side-B. it has amazing range and does pretty decent damage even when staled. but it's start up and cool down time sucks. so just be precise with your shield game. anyone that can keep the pressure on ZSS will destroy her.

hiROI

Smash Lord
OHH~
I thought you met offstage lols. I was airdogding off stage to go below the stage that was my mistake >:
Thanks Vanz.

Ok, because I was like, "sh|t, what do I do, WHAT DO I DO?" but it was a friendly :D So basically if you take SideB from her, its an easier matchup?

Also, why isnt Mario In the OP?

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
So Rickerdy-doo-da-day, what sort of help do you want in particular? I really don't mind; I actually find doing these sorts of things kind of fun (yeah, I know....:laugh:). I should probably be doing some real work, but when I have some free time, I'll happily help you with some stuff. What stuff do you think you'd need most help with?
Real work is very much overrated

Erm, well a massive help would be to find/provide links for where and when character discussions started. It would make the thread a hell of a lot easier to navigate

Also guys, we did cover Mario but the conclusion was pretty iffy and I think it was something like 55:45 in Peach's favour or even
Also, could you all please take a look at the rediscussion threads? Most of them have been largely ignored or haven't really gotten anywhere

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
OK, so I shuffled through the first quarter of the thread and here are the page numbers for the matchup discussions so far:

Snake: Pages 1-4
Meta Knight: Pages 4-7
Mr. Game and Watch: Pages 7-10
King Dedede: Pages 10-13
Marth: Pages 13- 17
ROB: Pages 18- 22
Falco: Pages 22-28
Diddy Kong: Pages 28-31
Lucario: Pages 32-36
Wario : Pages 37-42
Kirby : Pages 44-47

I'll get the other ones a bit later. I have other stuff to do as well (i.e. revision for my last few exams). BTW, when I was looking through, I have to say some people got very over-dramatic about the whole thing.:laugh:

gantrain05

Smash Master
Running upsmash is too slow to punish shuttle loop. He can glide attack down into it and hit you before it comes out. you have to punish it with aerials.
totally not true, i have powershield > Usmash so many MK's before they can hit with glide attack, the best they can do is attack early and clank, and then they are floating right above you for a free Utilt/Uair.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Right, all the characters have write ups and assigned match up numbers. Not everyone has quotes though, they will be added soon I promise. Lol, working your way through the OP is a match up itself xD

Things I need your help with

-Suggestions to make this thread better
-People to read through the write ups and check them out, paticularly those ones you know a lot about
-Any pretty pictures to add in the top of OP. Normally we had a funny one to show which character we were covering but since we've done all them, another funny pic would be nice. Of Peach would be a good idea
-Some more up to date match up ratio numbers
-Videos for the video sections. Good examples of how the match up works on either side would be very good indeed. If no one posts any vids for me, I will start searching around and sticking them in myself. I promise I will ask your permission beforehand if I do want to use your vids though

And most importantly I need you guys to Read and post in the Rediscussion threads. The latest one (Diddy) has been pretty much completely ignored. Getting up to date and useful info out of them is difficult in the later ones

Pretty please?

But for now, the match up thread is now pretty much up to date :) Hope you guys like it

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
totally not true, i have powershield > Usmash so many MK's before they can hit with glide attack, the best they can do is attack early and clank, and then they are floating right above you for a free Utilt/Uair.
Oh, you never said you power shielded. Your post said "shielded" so I thought you meant a regular shield, not a powershield. Right, if you power shield the shuttle loop, you can punish with upsmash. However, if you don't you can't. I don't know what to tell you, i've tried. Metaknight can control his glide still so if he glides down into you the speed he reaches you is quicker than if he didn't. I've got it to work sometimes, but I wouldn't say its guaranteed as other times it hasn't worked.

Moocowalex

Smash Apprentice
Um, sorry if this is a stupid question, but what is the difference between powershield and shield?... I thought powershielding was shielding at the exact moment or something of an attack, but I guess not. D:

And how do you attack i.e. fsmash while holding a turnip? I saw this mentioned earlier.

And I thought there was a Q/A thread but I can't find it at the moment. :S

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Powershielding is when you shield just as an attack hits you. If you want specifics then it's in the region of 2-3 frames before an attack hits you. If you powershield you normally here a sword clanking noise and you can drop your shield with no lag (a normal shield takes 6 frames to drop).

What do people think of toon link btw? I'm having tons of problems against him now =( It's his uair that seems to get me everytime... it goes through her airdodge and it beats out her dair. Any tips at all?

Moocowalex

Smash Apprentice
Ohhh, I just searched it in youtube and turned out I was right, but not in the way I expected. :laugh:

Thanks for the help anyway.

Now for the attacking whilst holding a turnip? I want to use it as a mind game with my friend. hehe. :)

hiROI

Smash Lord
When she is plucking the turnip press and hold A. Then flick the cstick to the left/right for the fsmash. But if you press A to late you will throw the turnip

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
Powershielding is when you shield just as an attack hits you. If you want specifics then it's in the region of 2-3 frames before an attack hits you. If you powershield you normally here a sword clanking noise and you can drop your shield with no lag (a normal shield takes 6 frames to drop).

What do people think of toon link btw? I'm having tons of problems against him now =( It's his uair that seems to get me everytime... it goes through her airdodge and it beats out her dair. Any tips at all?
DI away, use your double jump to avoid him and if you must airdodge then do it while DI'ing away coz peach can rarely ever airdodge through anybody's moves b/c it's such garbage.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Yeah I try to DI as far away from him as possible. The only thing I don't like is being baited with projectiles... with bombs and boomerangs all over the place, I always seem to airdodge prematurely into a coming Uair or another move. **** toon link is fast and annoying as hell.

I like how she can float above his fsmash though and attack him in his lag.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I mostly use the second jump or BairNairdodge. Because

peachs air sidestep is beyond garbage, its fail.....
3-29 / 39 Metaknight
4-29 / 39 Zero Suit Samus
4-29 / 39 Diddy
4-29 / 39 Pit
4-29 / 39 Squirtle
4-29 / 39 Ivysaur
4-29 / 39 Charizard
4-29 / 39 Ike
4-29 / 39 Snake
4-29 / 39 King Dedede
4-29 / 39 Lucario
4-29 / 39 Wario
4-29 / 39 R.O.B
4-29 / 39 Olimar

4-29 / 48 Ice Climbers
4-29 / 48 Ness
4-29 / 48 Sonic
4-29 / 48 Lucas

4-30 / 49 Bowser
4-29 / 49 Mario
4-29 / 49 Donkey Kong
4-29 / 49 Link
4-29 / 49 Samus
4-29 / 49 Kirby
4-29 / 49 Fox
4-29 / 49 Pikachu
4-29 / 49 G&W
4-29 / 49 Luigi
4-29 / 49 Zelda
4-29 / 49 Sheik
4-29 / 49 Falco
4-29 / 49 Yoshi
4-29 / 49 Ganondorf
4-29 / 49 Wolf
4-29 / 49 Toon Link
4-29 / 49 Captain Falcon
4-29 / 49 Jigglypuff

5-30 / 49 Marth
4-19 / 49 Peach
Yes it is.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
BairNairdodge? :dizzy: I don't get it...

Oh yeah, and agreed, Peach's airdodge is awful. As if juggling her wasn't already easy enough....

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
It's the amount of invincibility frames. Peach's airdodge lasts 49 frames and she's invincible on frames 4-19.

Anything before and after that means she can be hit.

hiROI

Smash Lord
I didnt see this anywhere, but OUR dair beats and diffuses Snakes fully charged Dsmash. You need to float at MK body height and dair over the mine.:038:

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I didnt see this anywhere, but OUR dair beats and diffuses Snakes fully charged Dsmash. You need to float at MK body height and dair over the mine.:038:
Ooo that's pretty cool

:064:

Peach's air dodge is awful...you have 30 frames (so half a second) in which you can't do anything in except move around like a lemon. It might not seem like that much half a second but it's massive considering how fast other things come out

I don't fight TL often enough to remember but have you tried to Bair is attacks and use the tip of Peach's Dair to hit the small blind spot where his head is? I'm not sure if either work 100& though but you could give them a shot

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I just attack the mines with turnips and invincibility at the start of stocks usually.

But the dair trick is good to know.

gantrain05

Smash Master
throw lots of turnips at Tink and try to punish him with your ground game, his projectiles/quick ariels make it tough to really be very effective in the air. jabs/grabs/Bair/Dtilt are all good, Dair combos work fairly well, but i don't remember if peach can CG Tink, maybe a few times.

also, MK has an airdodge? is his airdodge = spamming Uair/Dair as fast as they can mash the button?

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
it was a typooooooooo
it was supposed to be 29 not 19 :(
That would make sense. I don't know why they'd deliberately make it like that. Speaking of her air dodge, I've just thought of something. Jigglypuff's Pound has a lingering hitbox right. Does anyone know exactly how long the hitbox lasts for? Because from what I can tell it could well last longer than Peach's entire airdodge! :mad:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
We also can't avoid Ike's uair if he does it right. ^____^

sarcasticsmileyface

MrEh

Smash Hero
Pound has a hitbox of 16 frames. So yeah, Pound will actually lasts the same amount of time as Peach's airdodge.

In order to airdodge pound, you have a 1 frame window. LOL

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Ah, I think I see. Basically you're using their long-lasting hitboxes, fast start-up and high priority to help counter aerial attacks, right? I'll give it a try.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Air dodges are so over rated. You don't really need it. Just recover from a different direction or throw out an attack, mix it up with the once in awhile airdodge and it really isn't a big deal! I'd like someone to explain to me a situation that you can't get out of where only an air dodge would have saved you. Air dodging leaves you open for serious punishment if people read it, so I don't like them.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Edrees, I agreed at one point, but I've been finding lately with other characters the usefulness of fastfalling an airdodge behind them when I predict certain actions and grabbing. I really like having the option.

Peach's slowfalling + bad airdodge is the worst combination :/ At least if a fastfaller had a bad airdodge they could FF and land before the lag frames ended.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Right, but if they predict your airdodge, they can use any of their moves that are really slow and they'd normally never land on you. This is how I get upsmashes on Snake, they try that same thing on me, same with DDD. Its free kills.

I have to admit it's nice to have the option, it's always good having more choices, and more ways to dodge/approach. Its definitely a detraction from her character that she doesn't have a good air dodge. I just don't think it's that big of a deal, it's really really minor compared to alot of her other problems.

Cap'n Lucario

Smash Rookie
Lucario's just reach reached our match-up VS Peach. We could do with your input so please go to the amazing lucario match up thread so we know what you think and such.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
So, in the kirby match up, what should i be most aware?
For being killed? Avoid the side-b hammer, forward smash, (and up-smash at higher percents). Bair can kill if it has not decayed (but its a move that is spammed vs Peach). Also, the dair can spike if you are not careful.

For damage: mainly spaced bairs, grabs (at low percents), uptilts (at low percents), and upairs.

As for why I am in this thread, can we have a discussion for peach dittos?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
For being killed? Avoid the side-b hammer, forward smash, (and up-smash at higher percents). Bair can kill if it has not decayed (but its a move that is spammed vs Peach). Also, the dair can spike if you are not careful.

For damage: mainly spaced bairs, grabs (at low percents), uptilts (at low percents), and upairs.

As for why I am in this thread, can we have a discussion for peach dittos?
Did someone say talk about Peach dittos? oh baby I could write a novel on this. ha ha ha!

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Did someone say talk about Peach dittos? oh baby I could write a novel on this. ha ha ha!
Please do, I just don't have enough overall knowledge of Peach to exploit her own weaknesses and avoid her more powerful aspects. :urg:

Also, a lot of the other characters have guides for dittos, why shouldn't we?

Top Bottom