• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Metaknight Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

judge!

Smash Ace
dk vs d3 isnt bad at all if u cant infitnite. its close to 50/50

also for the nado spam i mean u can get around it. playing m2k in friendlys he paused the game and said *why cant other dks do that*. its not that hard...just realize where mks going do an early up b for the edge of something. and shield mks nado is freaking easy...l 2 tilt it up

Overswarm

is laughing at you

also for the nado spam i mean u can get around it. playing m2k in friendlys he paused the game and said *why cant other dks do that*. its not that hard...just realize where mks going do an early up b for the edge of something. and shield mks nado is freaking easy...l 2 tilt it up
$5 MM, MK vs. your DK? :D

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Like Dphat?
More like DKewkkyA.

And no, DK shouldn't drop THAT low because of the DDD MU. Shouldn't Fox and Wolf drop even lower than DK if he should drop for a single MU THAT low? I mean, they both have more than one horrible MU.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Judge I'll also MM your DK at Ohio if you really think DK can fight back :)

I dont even pretend to know the matchup, I'll just play gay as hell.

Luigi player

Smash Master
I just want to note that Will beat DSF in a MM (2:0). Okay, he lost the double or nothing afterwards, but only 1:2, so it's still his advantage. :p Of course DSF might not've known the MU... but just sayin'. And DSF got 5th at MLG....

NNID
Budget_Player
Forgetting the part where DDD can still shieldgrab everything DK does, and one grab is like 50+ damage? Granted, it's not an infinite, but it's still ****ing horrible for DK.

More like DKewkkyA.

And no, DK shouldn't drop THAT low because of the DDD MU. Shouldn't Fox and Wolf drop even lower than DK if he should drop for a single MU THAT low? I mean, they both have more than one horrible MU.
Horrible ≠ pick up and ****.

OverLade

Smash Hero
I just want to note that Will beat DSF in a MM (2:0). Okay, he lost the double or nothing afterwards, but only 1:2, so it's still his advantage. :p Of course DSF might not've known the MU... but just sayin'. And DSF got 5th at MLG....
LOL see this is the reason why people with no sense shouldn't be able to post in matchup threads.

DSF is known for sandbagging in money matches. And DSF probably doesn't know the matchup at all. Lots of good people lose when they don't know the matchup. Atomsk lost to Biglou's Luigi, that doesn't mean other top MKs would (Though Biglou is ****ing sick of course). MKs are good at the matchups from their region. If every top MK knew every matchup, top MKs would only lose to Falco/Diddy/Snake/MK.

fkacyan

Smash Hero

Hell Ill MM your DK with D3.

EVEN CYANIDE

Luigi player

Smash Master
I just don't see how a character that is able to shut down literally all of DK's options with one move and who has a projectile can lose the match.
Because theorie alone doesn't work... DK can mindgame Dedede and he has downB. Bair can't be shieldgrabbed if he retreats it etc... a grab at the wrong time = get sideB'd. It's of course still Dededes advantage, but it's not like DK get's shut down completely (unless the infinite is allowed).

Also I think DK ***** D3 offstage if he manages to get him there...

Demp

Smash Journeyman
MK doesn't just beat DK because the Nado spam. If MK gets DK offstage then DK's life becomes twice as difficult. DK's recovery is NOT BAD. But its linearity paired with MK's disjointedness/transcendental priority makes edgeguarding him a breeze. The most you can hope for is try to recover high and do a lagless landing on a platform or some shiz.

You can argue that MK is close to even (without Nado spam) assuming the MK plays without knowing the matchup (which seems to be very very common). But there is a lot of gay **** you can do against DK with MK which would make the MU 65:35 or worse, IMO.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Because theorie alone doesn't work... DK can mindgame Dedede and he has downB. Bair can't be shieldgrabbed if he retreats it etc... a grab at the wrong time = get sideB'd. It's of course still Dededes advantage, but it's not like DK get's shut down completely (unless the infinite is allowed).

Also I think DK ***** D3 offstage if he manages to get him there...
Except that there is literally no reason to ban the infinite.

inb4somebadTOsbanitwithoutprovidingadequatereasonning

Prawn

Smash Master
nah lol, I was just like Yes..... show me your lose.

I beat many people with Falcon. Atomsk's (who beats ADHD rarely/shadow's MK and top players) Don't **** with the captain. In a tournament near you ;) oh and warios are all scared of playing my falcon, they just tell me 'no go snake' or they switch to some other chars. Bunch of *******! seriously LOL
still cant beat my nana YOU *****

Judo777

Smash Master
Hey guys Big Lou beat Mikehaze at MLG so the luigi, marth MU must be in luigis favor right???

solecalibur

Smash Master
Hey guys Big Lou beat Mikehaze at MLG so the luigi, marth MU must be in luigis favor right???
How many people know the luigi MU again? Oh yeh not many people play him

edit - how the hell was this related to the topic? I just pressed newest post on a random topic and I found this

Judo777

Smash Master
How many people know the luigi MU again? Oh yeh not many people play him

edit - how the hell was this related to the topic? I just pressed newest post on a random topic and I found this
Thnx thats my point exactly.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Yeah, I think Judo was just making the point for people to stop saying "Player X beat Player Y's MK with *character*, so the MU is in *character*'s favor."

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
LOL At people using Phase 8 as a valid argument for Pro Ban. Have you not seen TX results outside of Phase? TBH Me and Dojo are the only consistent MKs to place top 4 in TX. Phase 8 had a HUGE skill gap. The gap from Dojo to me was tremendous, and the gap from me from the rest of the players there was pretty big/significant. TBH outside of me and Dojo everyone else could be consider just "randoms". Also I'm sorry that you know the top 6 all played MK, but they happened to be the best 6 players there at the time. If razer/gnes/dmg showed up results would of varied a ton.
This post is hilarious.

Dude, people aren't BORN playing a specific character, these are not intrinsic qualities. You CHOOSE a character, you CHOSE to play MK and CHOSE to play him at this tournament. MK is popular amongst good players for a reason, and the top six at your tourney was MK for a reason too (probably the same reason).

PottyJokes

Smash Apprentice
its obv cause Metaknight looks pretty badazz compared to the rest of the cast! trust me on this i have a phd in fashion

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dphat's right though I could have easily gotten 2nd or 3rd at that tournament. Throw in Razer and Gnes and the tournament results will basically look like our PR lol. Dojo Razer Gnes Dphat DMG Damien would have been likely if we had went.

Don't get me wrong, we have a lot of MK players, but it was a smaller tournament with some important people missing. Gotta take some results with a grain of salt.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
This post is hilarious.

Dude, people aren't BORN playing a specific character, these are not intrinsic qualities. You CHOOSE a character, you CHOSE to play MK and CHOSE to play him at this tournament. MK is popular amongst good players for a reason, and the top six at your tourney was MK for a reason too (probably the same reason).
So whats so funny? You just reiterated what I just posted. The top6 players there just happened to play MK cause well they were the best 6 player there. Sorry that you know.. the best character is chosen the most.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
There is only one good MK player in the country. Every other "dominant" MK is either mediocre or above-average, being carried by a broken character.

How trolled were you when you read that?

on-topic
How accurately documented do you guys think MK's matchups are?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Not as accurate as they should be IMO because of the disparity of SBR ruleset compared to the overall accepted norms throughout the country. AKA planking allowed and scrooging allowed vs LGL, or how various different LGL numbers impact his matchups.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Not as accurate as they should be IMO because of the disparity of SBR ruleset compared to the overall accepted norms throughout the country. AKA planking allowed and scrooging allowed vs LGL, or how various different LGL numbers impact his matchups.
If he could plank and scrooge, 7:3's across the board in MK's favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom