• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Metaknight Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Ally's Falcon actually does pretty well against MK's.
I think he played M2K's mk with it sometime and got it to last stock or something.

Judo777

Smash Master
Ally coming from a sheik main i would just like to say this. I can see the falcon MU working like the sheik MU. Sheik has GR>DACUS (for free 30% or a kill at 86%) and GR>DA and GR>needles and GR>regrab and double jab >grab on MK and a better recovery and an ftilt lock on MK that combos into upsmash for a kill > and a decent projectile.

The MU is still ******** because getting any of that requires u to be close to MK and him let u jab and tilt him it just doesnt happen very often. Also when u are offstage 1 right guess for MK is a stock. MK will tear falcon up because Falcon actually has to approach in that MU and falcon doesn have alot of approach options.

But i mean its MK so i mean what do u expect.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Ally coming from a sheik main i would just like to say this. I can see the falcon MU working like the sheik MU. Sheik has GR>DACUS (for free 30% or a kill at 86%) and GR>DA and GR>needles and GR>regrab and double jab >grab on MK and a better recovery and an ftilt lock on MK that combos into upsmash for a kill > and a decent projectile.
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
He meant better recovery in comparison to Captain Falcon, not to MK. I would say that her recovery overall is probably a tad better than Falcon's.

Judo777

Smash Master
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
Falcons is longer but extremely 1 dimensional. Sheiks tether is the best in the game and the fact that she can choose either that or up b is better than falcons. Doesnt matter MK gimps everyone who isnt snake and diddy and even sometimes them lol.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Doesnt matter MK gimps everyone who isnt snake and diddy and even sometimes them lol.
And with this statement, I have realized you don't understand this game.

Except Diddy...Diddy? MK gimps Diddy just fine. You're forgetting characters like Jiggz, Pit, maybe Charizard and Kirby...

I know you're really pro-ban and all, but if you're going to admit there's something MK can't do, admit something true.

Kaffei

Smash Hero

Except Diddy...Diddy? MK gimps Diddy just fine. You're forgetting characters like Jiggz, Pit, maybe Charizard and Kirby...

I know you're really pro-ban and all, but if you're going to admit there's something MK can't do, admit something true.
Idk about Pit.... one dair when he's in up b and he falls and dies lol

Judo777

Smash Master

Jiggs you might have me but all those other characters? really? pit? every pit i have ever talked to says the reason MK is such a bad MU is cause he ***** em offstage. Pits second worst MU is MK (maybe worst) for this reason or at least its a large factor.

Charizard? what? wth is charizard gonna do to MK offstage? his glide is soooo slow and his 3 jumps are pretty bad. I guess i can see super armor on the up b but if mk just goes farther away from the stage what does charizard do.

Also OS planks YBM's kirby because the key to the MK kirby MU is beating him offstage. No im pretty sure what i said was legit.

Snakes dont get gimped because their recovery is freaking infinite and they can avoid MK altogether. And diddys is just so versatile that they can generally get back dont get me wrong MK gimps everyone like i said but Snake and Diddy seem to be the 2 best characters at not getting ***** by MK offstage.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Wario's not bad, but you gotta weave that crap a lot.

Kirby IDK about gimping per se, but you can edgeguard the crap out of him with MK. Same for most of the people you listed. I think Snake when he recovers correctly can take minimal damage, Diddy and others are gonna struggle a bit more.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Idk about Pit.... one dair when he's in up b and he falls and dies lol
He should've glided better. With Pit's glide speed and MK's air speed, being offstage doesn't translate to -1 stock

Jiggs you might have me but all those other characters? really? pit? every pit i have ever talked to says the reason MK is such a bad MU is cause he ***** em offstage. Pits second worst MU is MK (maybe worst) for this reason or at least its a large factor.

Charizard? what? wth is charizard gonna do to MK offstage? his glide is soooo slow and his 3 jumps are pretty bad. I guess i can see super armor on the up b but if mk just goes farther away from the stage what does charizard do.

Also OS planks YBM's kirby because the key to the MK kirby MU is beating him offstage. No im pretty sure what i said was legit.

Snakes dont get gimped because their recovery is freaking infinite and they can avoid MK altogether. And diddys is just so versatile that they can generally get back dont get me wrong MK gimps everyone like i said but Snake and Diddy seem to be the 2 best characters at not getting ***** by MK offstage.
I was just throwing out some characters that you could've gotten away with saying rather than Diddy. Really all was saying was what M2K said. Diddy can be gimped.

And yeah, Snake is silly. The fact that Duelist is possible is just dumb...

What Pit's are you talking to?
This

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
pits options against mk are limited to a huge degree, if he tries to arrow spam he will eat a nado, if he is offstage his options are fairly limited as well.

Pit MK is pretty bad for pit

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
an MK that knows the Pit matchup will destroy pit..His arrow spam wont help much cuzz the Mk will get in his face...off stage pit doesnt really have any options either and if he tries to glide back to the stage that gets eaten by a nado....once MK is in Pits face and doesnt die from MS gimps its 6-4 easy...

<====Hardcore x pit main

bigbucks

Smash Journeyman
Limited options offstage?

A smart Pit main should rarely ever get hit out of there upb, even mk. Its super long.

It's just stupid pit mains that just jump directly to the ledge like a robot. No wonder they complain about gimps. they need to learn how to mix up there offstage options, Pit has 3 jumps, a super long Upb, an the best glide in the game. >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom