• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Metaknight Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
NNID
Budget_Player

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Can someone please tell me if any progress has been made in this thread AT ALL in the last month or two?

Kthx.

Judo777

Smash Master
@Ally

MK's glide is better than pits just to let you know its more manuverable and since u can increase its distance by going up and down mk can go farther because he can go up and down more.

@ everyone else
MK's bad air speed is only horizontal so if he gets to ledge he can drop down and cover the ledge pretty well. Pit has 3 jumps and MK has 5. Pits up is really long and fast but MKs SL has a retardedly large hoitbox and cover a huge area. Pits can mix up their recovery but once they use their up b they really only have a few options getting back to stage and on certaint stages they only got 1.

bigbucks

Smash Journeyman
Lolatcallingmeally
<3

Pit can just upb around mk. or under him depending on where he is. he can also glide to the other side of the stage. lots of options actually. o.o

Mks options from a glide are better
But Pit's Glide ITSELF is faster than Mk's

The Truth!

Smash Ace
I... what? You think M2K's ability to read has to do with the CHARACTER'S strength, and you're calling me confused? You think that there isn't objective material for how strong MK is, like the frame data on his planking ability, his disjoint, his trajectory, the tornado, etc?
I never said there wasnt objective material, I said there wasnt an objective measurement because it includes more then just the objective material. And yes, M2K's ability to read (in addition to that characters options) places a limit on how good a character MK can be. It takes both, you cant have one without the other if were discussing how the metagame actually exists instead of pointless theoretical discussion. Im not excluding your criteria, Im saying there's more to it.

Players, plural. The argument here is whether we should be looking at a single person, taking their strengths and weaknesses as indicative of that entire character's metagame. This is false because, well, see everyone else's opinion on how M2K handles the Diddy matchup. Doesn't sound like he's at the top of the metagame there, even if he's MK's best player.

And uh... the most pragmatic approach is to look at a group of players and see how they handle the matchup. If we just looked at M2K, apparently we'd think that Diddy owns MK hard.

That's kind of the problem of defending a small sample size.

You're clearly confused, and I'm 100% certain you're going to respond with something even more strange. Why did I come back here? Oh right, MLG hype.
Theres no disagreement between us here, it's just a technicality on my view. Yes, if you prefer Ill amend it to "the best player in each matchup". My bigger point is that were looking at the peak of the metagame. Should take care of twinkies criticisms as well.

I love all this arguing of how there isn't objective ways of measuring characters ability. How about the fact that the character with the fastest attacks in the game, who also has the most versatile and safe recovery in the game, who also has the highest priority in the game, who also has the best aerial game, who has the best offstage game, who has the best potential at stalling in the game, also has like 7th or 8th easiest time killing people gimps aside. Oh btw i didnt even mention that if u took all of the character and rated their moves in order for instance who has the best nair (luigi, maybe gw, MK, snake, rob) or something like that that 75% of MKs moves would be in the top 5 of every list. (Tornado, dair, nair, uair, dtilt, fsmash, dsmash, shuttle loop, drill rush, ftilt, maybe even fair)
I love how you mention objective measurements, and then create a list of mostly subjective ones :laugh:. Some of yall are butchering the term.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
I don't see what pit has against him though, MK has superiour range gets around pits projectile spam and beats him off stage. I'd like a Pit main to tell us what it is though personally

Gnes

Smash Master
I don't see what pit has against him though, MK has superiour range gets around pits projectile spam and beats him off stage. I'd like a Pit main to tell us what it is though personally
Mk beats pit. One of pits worst, at least from what Esca(best pit in texas) tells me.

Most pit mains are stupid anyway, they think Pit beats diddy. :laugh:
Pit vs diddy with planking non restricted is easily in pits favor. Diddy has no options that can stop pit from planking.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
LMAO
10LMAOS

ever heard of bananas?
I love it when people who don't main either character in question debate and think they're right about match-ups they DON'T KNOW.

especially against people who do main either character, ESPECIALLY against the second best Diddy, lol get real.

This goes for a lot of people, not just you.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Diddy loses to the "good" plankers if they are allowed to do so. G&W magically goes from Wtf is this, to EAT IT! lol

His offstage options to stop people from planking are terrible.

Judo777

Smash Master
my bad ur pic looks like ally's. And LMAO at people telling gnes about diddy MU's!

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
LMAO
10LMAOS

ever heard of bananas?
Are you implying that the guy is so bad at this game, that he has no idea what Diddy's downB does?

What kind of argument...

Hey look its the current META game. Haha get it META game?!
I wanna facepalm so bad, but my hands are too busy writing "lol". That crappy joke brought a smile to my face. D:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Whenever someone mains MK and uses another character for like 1 set, everyone is like OMG this person played more than just MK, MAKE SURE YOU LIST IT AS A SECONDARY.

So in that case, I find it fair that whenever someone uses MK, even for a single set, that you have him listed as a secondary in a heartbeat. Don't go double standard on me now.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
No, and at the same time I swear if I find another person that's putting Wario/Snake/whoever next to MK just cause they felt like "goofing off" with him for a set or two I will stab their souls with my patented garble gear.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yes that frame is very important. If you have a frame 2 move, being a frame faster than the opponent beats their spotdodge.

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
Most pit mains are stupid anyway, they think Pit beats diddy. :laugh:
its 50/50 and is stage dependant....certain stages can give an advantage (Rainbow, delfino, halberd, brinstar, PS1 and 2).....plus with planking pit just stands close to the ledge so if he does get hit with a naner he cant combo him...plus add in mirror shield and Over B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom