• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Metaknight Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alzi

Smash Master
The only way we can see for sure if we should be banning or keeping metaknight as a playable character in competitive play is if we trial it for about 2 months or 3? And see how results go from there even maybe see if it makes a diffrence at all.

I'm really eager to test this out though.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Wow really? Just wow. Larry's good, but you gotta give SK92 props man he's definitely not very far off
I did give him props. He's second best Falco, imo. He's just a good distance away from Larry... imo.

@Vyse: Is this post too pointless and counts as spam? If-so just delete it, but don't infract meh please!

etecoon

Smash Hero
Viridian City 7 doubles

1:
+
Ally + M2K
2:
+
Shadow + dmbrandon
3:
+
Atomsk + Zucco
4:
+
Anti + Cable
5:
+
Malcolm + Blackanese
5:
+
Inui + ADHD

WHOBO doubles

1: :metaknight: + :metaknight:/:snake: m2k+inui

2: :metaknight: + :metaknight: Tyrant+dsf

3: :metaknight: + :gw: Infinity+Utd Zac

4: :metaknight: + :toonlink: Dojo+Santi

5: :diddy: + :diddy: Gnes+FlipHop

5: :sonic: + :olimar: Espy+Zori

Apex doubles

1: :metaknight: + :snake: m2k+ally

2: :snake: + :gw: Ult Razer+Utd Zac

3: :metaknight:/:snake: + :dedede: Inui+atmosk

4: :metaknight:/:snake: + :metaknight: Anti+Judge

5: :diddy: + :snake: Adhd+Fatal

5: :pikachu: + :snake: Anther+SamuraiPanda

COT4 doubles

1: :metaknight: + :lucario: m2k+lee

2: :metaknight: + :zerosuitsamus: Spammer+snakeeee

3: :metaknight:/:snake: + :dedede: Inui+atmosk

4: :kirby: + :lucario: Chudat+Azen

5: :metaknight: + :luigi: Korn+Boss

5: :metaknight: + :snake: Seibrik+Ally

Genesis doubles

1: :metaknight: + :wario: m2k+Fiction

2: :metaknight: + :snake: Sean+Ally

3: :metaknight: + :gw: Dojo+Utd Zac

4: :metaknight: + :marth: Havok+MikeHaze

5: :metaknight: + :dedede: Inui+Atmosk

5: :peach: + :dedede: Ling+Excel

Pound 4 doubles

1: :metaknight: + :snake: m2k+ally

2: :metaknight:/:wario: + :metaknight:/:lucario: Atmosk+Lee Martin

3: :diddy: + :dedede: Adhd+Co18

4: :metaknight: + :metaknight: DmBrandon+Shadow

5: :diddy: + :wario: NinjaLink+MalcomM

5: :kirby: + :snake: ChuDat+Candy

EVO 2009 doubles

1: :metaknight: + :snake: m2k+Ally

2: :wario: + :marth: Fiction+MikeHaze

3: :metaknight: + :snake: Havok+Hall

4: :ness2: + :falco: Fow+Sk92

5: :metaknight: + :metaknight: Tyrant+Dsf

5: :metaknight:/:dedede: + :snake: Lain+MoJoe
didn't you at one point ban MK from singles and allow him in doubles? you got that **** backwards dawg

Blizz`

Smash Rookie
this topic is pointless... u wont convince many ppl, the discussion wont end, so what is this for?

C~Dog

Smash Champion
The point of the discussion now is to try and get a temporary ban to see what the metagame is like without Metaknight.

Alzi

Smash Master
I think we should ban him for a few months like i said before. >_>

Just to test it and see what it exactly it is right then hold a vote where everyone must give a good reason as to why they voted yes or no and it must be a honest opinion.

NNID
Budget_Player
Planking is banned because its stalling, not because it's broken. How "good" a strategy it is is irrelevant. It's stalling the match, which has been against the rules since day one.
Umm... No, no it isn't.

It is not clean cut because NO MATTER what number you come up with, it is a subjective choice. You can do all the testing in the world you want. There is NO number that would be 100% accepted by the community. Some people feel that 30 is too low. Others think that it is too high. In the end, the number you use is something you CHOOSE, and that TO's can switch or modify to their heart's content.

It would be like saying "You cannot IDC more than 10 times in a match". WHY 10? Sure, maybe the rule that "You cannot IDC more than such and such" is clear cut once you put it into play, but deciding on the number TO USE IN THE FIRST PLACE, IS NOTTTTTTTTTTT NOTTTTTTTTT CLEAR CUT, NEVER WILL BE CLEAR CUT, WILL ALWAYS BE SUBJECTIVE!

Enforceable rule (arguable, since you would have to either have all matches recorded or have people watching each match to report about such things)... THAT HAPPENS TO BE CLEARY SUBJECTIVE! And It is your opinion that having a limiting rule on him is better than banning him.

I will use your logic for a second. Planking, as you know, is not possible on quite a few stages in Brawl. You think we should do anything basically BUT ban MK, even if this means limit him. Ok. Now when it comes to planking,I don't think we should ban or limit that. I think we should ban, or limit the stages, that allow planking. I think people would prefer not being split on whether to ban planking, and just simply ban or limit stages that allow planking. How is that NOT easily enforceable? All you do is say on the stage list "Hey you can't have too many stages that allow planking."
Win post. Which reminds me.

NEW IDEA TO LIMIT MK AS OPPOSED TO BANNING HIM:
MK gets neither a ban nor a counterpick. In a match with MK, the first round is decided by striking neutrals, then if the opponent ever gets a counterpick, he can pick whatever stage he wants if the opponent goes MK (Yay shadow moses and Eldin) (MK does not get a stage ban). If MK gets a counterpick, it is another neutrals striking. Sound reasonable? :V

I don't see why we haven't temp-banned yet.
because he's not overpowered

Because there are a lot of MK mains that wouldn't like that :[
This.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
I think we should ban him for a few months like i said before. >_>

The problem is that for the results to be comprehensive, there must be a significant number of tourneys that agree to ban Metaknight. For it to have any hope, it realisticly needs to be Backroom sanctioned.

Just to test it and see what it exactly it is right then hold a vote where everyone must give a good reason as to why they voted yes or no and it must be a honest opinion.
Define an accurate method to determine those who vote are only those who attended both regular and MK banned tournaments.

Define objective criteria for 'Good'.

Define objective criteria for 'Honest'.

EDIT:

Win post. Which reminds me.

NEW IDEA TO LIMIT MK AS OPPOSED TO BANNING HIM:
MK gets neither a ban nor a counterpick. In a match with MK, the first round is decided by striking neutrals, then if the opponent ever gets a counterpick, he can pick whatever stage he wants if the opponent goes MK (Yay shadow moses and Eldin) (MK does not get a stage ban). If MK gets a counterpick, it is another neutrals striking. Sound reasonable? :V
If you are going to change the base rules of the competition to limit MK to allow other characters to compete with him, it invalidates the competition. It would just serve to highlight that he should be removed.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
i could even argue those two things but it's not gonna help get mk banned so nty.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I unofficially scroll this thread for lulz.

For the United Nations Council

Justblaze647

Smash Lord
Running for my life in the forests of Eelong
^ my point exactly lol ^

This thread, our arguements, our point of view, no matter how valid it may or may not be, is just bantha fodder for those in the BBR. Someone should close this thread and replace it with a poll. At least then our opinions can be tallied up in a semi organized fashion.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
We've got some good stuff still. I'm mostly waiting for anti-ban. It's slow goings. :\

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
i think most of the BR members headdesk when they see all the spam.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I actually thought this was the MK social thread LOL.

In that case, I don't entirely read this thread for lulz. the MK social, yes.... Yes I do lol

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ahh sounds about right.
did he ever reply to crow's charts?

Judo777

Smash Master
Hahaha I love how people keep saying "we shouldnt try a temp ban cause there is no way to measure the results if we do." You know another way to not accurately measure the results of a temp ban? Never trying the temp ban in the first place.........

NNID
Budget_Player
If by "planning" you mean "hoping this blows over", then yes.
So is there a backup plan in case anti-ban just doesn't respond, like, ever?

You know, what any sane person expects?

EDIT: Normally when the opposition leaves the argument, potentially permanently, and nobody with a brain argues against the point, and the point isn't ********, it usually means the other side wins...

judge!

Smash Ace
He beat Judge not too long ago with falcon >_>

Judge was in top 8 at Pound 4 o_O

lol ally did NOT beat my meta knight with falcon. so get dem facts straight. he beat my WARIO with it on brinstar ONLY and falcon vs wario is actually insanly hard. Grab release into....anything lol. And to top it off who cares its not even my 2nd lol

its LAINS meta knight he beat not mine sillygoose

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

solecalibur

Smash Master
Ally out played him and predicted a lot of his moves (see metaknight's d-smash read for instance)

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
People eating up Overswarm's words like they're candy. It's funny.

He's been on my ignore list for some time now. I've yet to receive the proposal I requested.

Also, antiban doesn't have to act at the moment. Anyone demanding responses are like babies crying if they can't have their bottle. Get over it.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I think we should take the "Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney" route. If the defense (anti-ban) fails to respond or disprove our statements, they lose. Simple as that.

@Omni - It's probably NOT recommended to ignore the person running the pro-ban argument, just saying. This is just showing your arrogance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom