• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Metaknight Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
People eating up Overswarm's words like they're candy. It's funny.

He's been on my ignore list for some time now. I've yet to receive the proposal I requested.

Also, antiban doesn't have to act at the moment. Anyone demanding responses are like babies crying if they can't have their bottle. Get over it.
Anti-ban may hold the status quo, but the doesn't mean you can refuse to respond to arguments and still expect to win the debate.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
GwJumpman said:
I think we should take the "Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney" route. If the defense (anti-ban) fails to respond or disprove our statements, they lose. Simple as that.
Make 4 mistakes in the debate and you lose, too, right?

And if we're doing that, we have to post Phoenix Wright gifs after every point we make.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero

He's been on my ignore list for some time now. I've yet to receive the proposal I requested.

Also, antiban doesn't have to act at the moment. Anyone demanding responses are like babies crying if they can't have their bottle. Get over it.

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!?
No wonder people think the SWF community is so stupid, look what people are doing.

Yeah, lets put the guy who is in charge of the pro-ban argument on ignore!
Dude if you don't want to argue about it, just don't post.
Its foolish that you, boht as a supporter of anti-ban and a mod would act so petty.

lol @ not having a life at all, and wasting time and energy to think about this issue rather than actually getting better.
Its totally NOT a ate of life or time to get better at a videogame.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Dramatic much?

I've asked for probans complete proposal to be IMed to me weeks ago so I can respond. It hasn't happened.

Crow!

Smash Lord
Omni's stance since about the time I posted my first round of data has been, effectively, "as long as pro-ban's argument is still in the process of improving itself, it is unnecessary to deal with it yet."

This, of course, means that as long as MK doesn't stop increasing his gap between him and the rest of the cast, and there is at least one person documenting that rise, Omni doesn't do anything... and without any active debaters left, anti-ban gradually loses what sensible people it still has to the climbing list of unanswered issues.

"Proposal" seems like an odd term, btw. Pro-Ban has made it pretty clear what it proposes to be done...

NNID
Budget_Player

DO I NEED TO EXPLAIN HOW WRONG THIS IS? OR HOW IDIOTIC? OR HOW ********? DEAR GOD.

Dramatic much?

I've asked for probans complete proposal to be IMed to me weeks ago so I can respond. It hasn't happened.
So instead of just taking one that we've been waiting for a response on a while (Crow's epic post) or a post that completely and utterly proves that MK is, without a doubt, at least as broken as akuma, if not more so when played correctly and competitively (DMG's planking frame data thread), you wait for us to package it all up. Pick one and start there.

AeroMarx64

Smash Rookie
ahahaha get *****, omni

isnt it so weird how when proban makes an argument, the antiban elitists IGNORE it? i wish proban could do that too...but that would be stooping to antiban's level.

you win my vote, proban

Omni

BRoomer
Omni's stance since about the time I posted my first round of data has been, effectively, "as long as pro-ban's argument is still in the process of improving itself, it is unnecessary to deal with it yet."

This, of course, means that as long as MK doesn't stop increasing his gap between him and the rest of the cast, and there is at least one person documenting that rise, Omni doesn't do anything... and without any active debaters left, anti-ban gradually loses what sensible people it still has to the climbing list of unanswered issues.

"Proposal" seems like an odd term, btw. Pro-Ban has made it pretty clear what it proposes to be done...
I've ignored this place because it's just filled with pro-ban people both intelligent and non-intelligent who attempt to condescend the opposition to compliment their arguments, Crow.

It just becomes a childish back and forth. I'm guilty of the same crime.

As I said before, I will address ALL of pro-ban's arguments in its entirety if it's given to me in an organized and complete fashion.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I've ignored this place because it's just filled with pro-ban people both intelligent and non-intelligent who attempt to condescend the opposition to compliment their arguments, Crow.

As I said before, I will address ALL of pro-ban's arguments in its entirety if it's given to me in an organized and complete fashion.
The document is currently about 40 pages, and growing.

I suggest you start with what is public.

NNID
Budget_Player

Address this one. Just this one.

"MK has been proven to be literally unbeatable without rules in place to limit him specifically (LGL)." This was shown by DMG.

EDIT: @Overswarm: LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Judo777

Smash Master
how do meta knight mains fight the ban? they attempt to time it out lmfao
Hahahaha best post i have read so far lol.

Also Omni its a good thing OS didnt try to send u our criteria since you have him on your ignore list..........

Omni

BRoomer
Address this one. Just this one.

"MK has been proven to be literally unbeatable without rules in place to limit him specifically (LGL)." This was shown by DMG.

EDIT: @Overswarm: LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Can you explain this to me? It sounds like if this was possible then all pro-ban needs to do is pick MK and prove this theory to be correct.

Hahahaha best post i have read so far lol.

Also Omni its a good thing OS didnt try to send u our criteria since you have him on your ignore list..........
Overswarm's on my ignore list because his sarcastic, childish, and condescending attitude completely blankets his posts even if there is good content in it. That doesn't prevent him or anyone else from PM'ing the information.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Omni, you've replied to everything I've said that has content with "tl;dr".

You don't really have much room to talk.

Plus, I'm **** entertaining.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I think we should take the "Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney" route. If the defense (anti-ban) fails to respond or disprove our statements, they lose. Simple as that.

@Omni - It's probably NOT recommended to ignore the person running the pro-ban argument, just saying. This is just showing your arrogance.
I will personally feed the next person who suggests the Phoenix Wright's mode of reasoning is valid to a vat of sharks. That game, while fun and well programmed, bears not even a passing resemblance to real law or to reason.

Nicole

Smash Champion

People might eat up your words like candy too if you did that thing that Overswarm does.
...I think it's called posting.

People like OS because he shares his opinions with the community and actually answers our questions even though he's in the backroom. Instead of doing that, you act like even more of an elitist and basically call us idiots for listening to one of the ONLY guys who's giving the community any information AND call us babies because we'd like something to start getting done about an issue we've been debating for almost 2 months now.

Omni

BRoomer
No one really wants to, Flayl.

Coming in here is like stepping into a pool of sharks. I only come in from time to time expecting that things may stay civil but that rarely happens.

Anyway, I'm a bit free this morning so I don't mind being a bit active in here.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
There is no one else, Flayl; their stance generally isn't based on logic but rather "I main Metaknight"

Anyway, I'm a bit free this morning so I don't mind being a bit active in here.
Good, start with Crow! and DMG.

Omni

BRoomer
People might eat up your words like candy too if you did that thing that Overswarm does.
...I think it's called posting.

People like OS because he shares his opinions with the community and actually answers our questions even though he's in the backroom. Instead of doing that, you act like even more of an elitist and basically call us idiots for listening to one of the ONLY guys who's giving the community any information AND call us babies because we'd like something to start getting done about an issue we've been debating for almost 2 months now.
I was referring to the comments that Overswarm made regarding me "biding my time" or things of false, condescending nature.

I call people who demand immediate attention to their concerns babies because they feel like people are obligated to address a 40 page + document. That isn't the case.

We've been debating this issue for way longer than 2 months, Iron Boots. This is a repeat scenario.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I call people who demand immediate attention to their concerns babies because they feel like people are obligated to address a 40 page + document. That isn't the case.
You said you would! :D

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Overswarm's on my ignore list because his sarcastic, childish, and condescending attitude completely blankets his posts even if there is good content in it. That doesn't prevent him or anyone else from PM'ing the information.
Uhh, actually, it does. You realize that ignore lists block PMs from people on the list, right?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
lol @ Omni.

Pretty sure blocking a major pro-ban supporter is a bad move on your part.
lrn2OS.

Nanaki

Smash Lord
I was referring to the comments that Overswarm made regarding me "biding my time" or things of false, condescending nature.

We've been debating this issue for way longer than 2 months, Iron Boots. This is a repeat scenario.
1. Omni asks for all arguments to be put together so he can respond to it.
2. Omni realizes arguments are a 40 page document.
3. Omni decides to call everyone babies and not respond to anything longer than 1 paragraph.
4. We all /facepalm.

Ok, I'm done trolling you now. Just wanted to point out the irony of the situation.

*Goes back to lurking other subforums*

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
The anti-ban would come and say something but theres so many pages of chitchat that I'm not going to look through it all to find something I/someone could object to.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
So you're saying that everyone is doing it wrong and instead of having a few limiting rules we forget about all those and just ban MK instead, even though theres no one doing it "right" to show us?

<.>

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
So you're saying that everyone is doing it wrong and instead of having a few limiting rules we forget about all those and just ban MK instead, even though theres no one doing it "right" to show us?

<.>
I'm wondering about this too. If people don't play "gay" enough to warrant a rule even where there is no rule against Planking, why are you using the fact that he can as an argument to ban a whole character?

Nanaki

Smash Lord
I'm wondering about this too. If people don't play "gay" enough to warrant a rule even where there is no rule against Planking, why are you using the fact that he can as an argument to ban a whole character?
Probably because the instant anyone important wins a match of any importance by planking/scrooging/whatever, TO's across the country immediately implement a rule against it.

Planking never really got a fair chance to shine before it got banhammer'd by most TO's. Scrooging happened less than a handful of times before people started talking about 'glide under limit' rules.

These things are never allowed to ferment in their 'gayness' long enough for the character to REALLY show its brokenness. That said, they really need to be allowed until someone shows they're actually broken instead of being banned because people think it's annoying.

Justblaze647

Smash Lord
Running for my life in the forests of Eelong
I don't understand why crafting multiple rules and stipulations to supposedly "limit" a character is acceptable, but the outright removal of said character is unthinkable? Even if ALL MK's aren't playing "as gay as they could," this does not erase the fact that we've all seen a planking MK at one point or another.

We're just now beginning to understand how impossible it is to deal with his planking.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
because that's why we ban something. We don't ban something because someone is abusing it, but because it can be abused beyound the point of being able to stop it. With planking, we can use frames, hitboxes, and other concrete information to judge this. However, with banning a whole character that's a bit harder to determine. Simply because Hungrybox is now abusing Jigglypuff's bair to limits unseen before doesn't make it bannable, even though a LOT of people don't know how to work around it. If something is unstoppable, simply because there is an unsaid soft ban against it and stigma against it does not provide a reason not to ban it.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
because that's why we ban something. We don't ban something because someone is abusing it, but because it can be abused beyound the point of being able to stop it.
....Sort of? I mean, we banned IDC once we got confirmation that it was within human bounds to keep it going for 8 minutes. However, I typically don't see new rules made to stop "discoveries," only in reaction to real, practical abuse. However, that's not even the point I was trying to make. What I was asking is, what is the logical thought process behind "This tactic is theoretically broken based on these numbers, therefore this character must be banned."

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
It isn't really theoretical, though. Well, I guess it is. But there are a lot of "theories" that we make a lot of assumptions based on in this world. Relativity, for instance. :p

It has been proven here scientifically and methodically beyond a shadow of a doubt that you can't beat planking when done correctly. I don't think we should wait for someone to do it before taking action, just like IDC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom