• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Metaknight Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
To put this in perspective, I do very little at my work unless there's a problem. That's about 8 hours a day to do research and write stuff up, and MK is interesting to me.

gallax

Smash Hero
im in espys position here. i normally dont do this either but omni got owned. bad thing is that he truly did ask for what he got. haha. 40+ pages of pro-bans argument compiled and now he has to read it cuz thats what hes been asking for all along. lets wait for his one page come-back as to why MK shouldnt be banned now.

Gnes

Smash Master
Pretty sure they feel you're obligated to address a 40+ page document because that's what you've been asking for all along.

I was wondering what you were thinking when you started asking for all the collected arguments... I mean, were you just expecting to be as long as one post, or what?
Oh my god....that was pure calculated ****....

OMNI GOT EXPOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But seriously...what is happening with this...is the debate over?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
The debate isn't over because we need about 20 more pages of shouting about how Omni got exposed.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
It isn't over until one of two things:

1) We have a new data source via a temporary ban on Metaknight (this will postpone the debate until we have enough data to look over)

2) Someone is able to convince me that MK shouldn't be banned

Currently, there are no reasons I can find for someone to not want MK banned that aren't selfish in nature (e.g., "I main MK" or "My friend mains MK") or just ridiculous (e.g., "I like the challenge!"). The exception to this is the insane philosophy approach of "I think it's okay if (insert bad thing)"

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I don't have to respond; I'm doing it out of courtesy and by my choice alone. What is up with all the massive trolling and disrespect? You'd think it end after the fact that I said I'm choosing to address pro-ban's argument but the disrespect continues.

Some of you people are just impossible.

You guys realize this thread is just filled with mainly all pro-ban people claiming, "It's over." when there are countless players and TO's who choose to ignore the subject because they don't see it being a problem.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Omni I think you have to put the trolling in perspective here...

Colaya layed the **** on thick as a mother...

Omni

BRoomer
No.

The only thing he pointed out was my constant repetition of announcing that I'll gladly respond to pro-ban's arguments in their entirety once its formed. Meanwhile, people are trolling on the fact that I'm not addressing current issues. Seriously. The level of disrespect is ridiculous.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Your most recent postings were not particularly justified, Omni. It's great that you're actually getting to work on a response, but there was little need to call everyone babies (seriously, are you new to this part of the boards? Welcome to BTD), Ignorelist Overswarm, and talk like Inui.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I wonder what everyone's postcounts would look like if this thread got deleted.

JRob

Smash Cadet
Have you guys even compiled everything into a single post for Omni to address, and then sent it to him?

If not you guys are just douche-bags, as it seems pretty clear to me that's what he said he'd try to form an arguement against. ~_~

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I don't have to respond; I'm doing it out of courtesy and by my choice alone. What is up with all the massive trolling and disrespect? You'd think it end after the fact that I said I'm choosing to address pro-ban's argument but the disrespect continues.
I think the trolling comes from you constantly setting yourself up for failture.

"Ha! MK doesn't do this!"

*data post showing that factually yes, he does*

"Oh. Well does it REALLY matter? I mean THIS is more important."

*data post showing that THIS also is bad*

*pre-emptive post showing that your obvious counter argument is pointless*

*several posts addressing other anti-ban members courteously and promptly in a variety of formats in your absence*

"I refuse to address any of your points because you keep making points"

*pro-ban is confused!*

*pro-ban is no longer confused!*

*Pro-ban prepares to use the exact attack you specified!*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSJYaax28Ac <--- Omni

Omni, you're the troll here. We're calling you out.

If you don't want to be the "anti-ban spokesman" leave the thread. Stop coming in and spouting nonsense and refusing to read posts or address any points we make. Just leave, you lost your head and are out of your league. Give up.

:)

You guys realize this thread is just filled with mainly all pro-ban people claiming, "It's over." when there are countless players and TO's who choose to ignore the subject because they don't see it being a problem.
You do realize a lot of the people in this thread can see the same posts you do and know you're lying?

Have you guys even compiled everything into a single post for Omni to address, and then sent it to him?

If not you guys are just douches. ~_~
We're still working on it, but then he said he wouldn't read it because it was too long. :\

NNID
Budget_Player
So... three purple names here have called you out from the entire group of people monitoring this thread (save for Ankoku who is Switzerland) for basically planking the argument.

Omni, this is simple.

Hit Crow's massive data posts that have been around for ages, then hit DMG's planking post.

If you can't get past those, you're sunk anyway.
In case Omni missed it.

Hmm, gee, I wonder why.

You don't HAVE to respond, but look at it this way:
-We have shown that MK is better than other characters by a SIGNIFICANT margin.
-We have shown that MK is overcentralizing the metagame.
-We have proven that MK is not beatable without surgical changes to his gameplay that are wide-reaching and stupid and is therefore "broken".
-We are a bunch of rather irate smashers.

TBH, am I the only one who sees the actions in this thread and regarding this debate as enough to get Omni removed from the BBR? He has advocated people going against the BBR decision should it not go his way, he has been flaming and trolling and consistently showing a ******** face, and he has obviously made it clear that the opinion of smashboards and SIMPLE LOGIC does not matter to the mass of Metaknight mains. I have not seen ANY BBR member post worse around here. Well, M2K, but that's a different story...

EDIT:
I think the trolling comes from you constantly setting yourself up for failture.

"Ha! MK doesn't do this!"

*data post showing that factually yes, he does*

"Oh. Well does it REALLY matter? I mean THIS is more important."

*data post showing that THIS also is bad*

*pre-emptive post showing that your obvious counter argument is pointless*

*several posts addressing other anti-ban members courteously and promptly in a variety of formats in your absence*

"I refuse to address any of your points because you keep making points"

*pro-ban is confused!*

*pro-ban is no longer confused!*

*Pro-ban prepares to use the exact attack you specified!*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSJYaax28Ac <--- Omni

Omni, you're the troll here. We're calling you out.

If you don't want to be the "anti-ban spokesman" leave the thread. Stop coming in and spouting nonsense and refusing to read posts or address any points we make. Just leave, you lost your head and are out of your league. Give up.

:)

You do realize a lot of the people in this thread can see the same posts you do and know you're lying?

We're still working on it, but then he said he wouldn't read it because it was too long. :\

NNID
Budget_Player
Well I guess all these MKs losing must just be giant flukes then.
without surgical changes to his gameplay that are wide-reaching and stupid
Hmm... gee, you know what, I really didn't address the fact that it's banned in most places. Also, there's a huge stigma against it-you plank, people are going to dislike you. Who really likes watching DMG or Plank play?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I thought Plank quit Brawl, or am I misinformed?

Or do you mean those matches from a long time ago.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Well I guess all these MKs losing must just be giant flukes then.
Actually because of planking rules put in place, yes. Although you can circumvent Ledge Grab limits by staying under the limit, they basically do hamper MK.

I'm not saying every MK loss is a fluke, however there are a lot of instances where A MK player should have simply just gone to the edge and stayed there, but didn't feel like playing "gay" or played gay but WILLINGLY CHOSE to stop playing gay and come back onstage and "fight like a man".

Also, I personally have fun playing gay in Brawl. People don't like seeing me play like that, which is a shame. I kinda like doing stuff like that. There IS a stigma attached to "playing gay", ESPECIALLY when it concerns MK, Which frankly I think is bad. It's playing to win, so what if it's boring or is gay?

Omni

BRoomer
@Ankoku: What you see is what you get.

@JRob: No.

@BPC: I already said how I was going to respond to pro-ban, but at this point it's probably not even worth it. How does someone continued to get trolled and disrespected when they clearly say: "I will address your case in its entirety once you finish your argument and organize it in a fashion where I can respond to it."

I'll make it easy for you guys; you won't get a response from me and since you won't get one from me I doubt there is anyone else who would be willing to do so.

Good luck.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
YAY I love you guys too.

I will say this: playing gay is a double edged sword. People watching it sometimes just shake their heads and walk away, others stare in amazement. The people you actually DO it to, usually take it very well and are still your friend/still respect you at the end of the day. I think that's pretty cool. At least that's how it's been for me, where I've never really been HATED for playing like that much.

iRJi

Smash Champion
@Ankoku: What you see is what you get.

@JRob: No.

@BPC: I already said how I was going to respond to pro-ban, but at this point it's probably not even worth it. How does someone continued to get trolled and disrespected when they clearly say: "I will address your case in its entirety once you finish your argument and organize it in a fashion where I can respond to it."

I'll make it easy for you guys; you won't get a response from me and since you won't get one from me I doubt there is anyone else who would be willing to do so.

Good luck.
Kk, Bye ^_^

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
the community CAN come together to become a super effective force
cheero on the trolling

Overswarm

is laughing at you

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Overswarm wins. Flawless victory.

Either way, I just don't see how, with DMG, Flayl, OS, Crow, plus any other member's added contributions to their respective threads, people can still consider being anti-ban without some absurd reasoning at this point in time.

If anti-ban ever DOES come up with anything, you can be sure that I'd read it. But until then, pro-ban has pretty much captured my heart.

Also, what Stauffy said.

etecoon

Smash Hero
YAY I love you guys too.

I will say this: playing gay is a double edged sword. People watching it sometimes just shake their heads and walk away, others stare in amazement. The people you actually DO it to, usually take it very well and are still your friend/still respect you at the end of the day. I think that's pretty cool. At least that's how it's been for me, where I've never really been HATED for playing like that much.
maybe assuming too much about how often/if at all you use MK but I think it's different with MK. at least in my experience, I can camp SO HARD as snake or falco and people are still cool with me but even just being somewhat cautious as MK and they take it badly

rvkevin

Smash Lord
Wario's air camping isn't that gay...now if he had 5 jumps, now, that would be gay. Some might say Wario's camping is an art. Spam v Ally was great to watch...

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
DMG, I submit to you that if a significant portion of people actually enjoy watching it let alone doing it, by definition it can no longer be considered "playing gay" and thus you've been doing it wrong. What say you?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I disagree, it just means that they accept and want the gay.

Counter pick?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
lol Stauffy. I highly doubt there'd be a large enough minority to make people consider that "playing gay" isn't really "playing gay".

It's hilarious to watch though.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
So wait, does this mean his sexual preference extends towards the same genital likes? or could we effectively call the Gayee a ***** simply because they're in it to $win$ it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom