• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Hungrybox is beatable. M2k got him to last game last stock and that's the only Pound 4 match involving H Box I paid much attention to.

Mango'll stay on top forever though, but that's because he's the best player ever.

Don't paint me as a Jiggs hater though, she's still top tier in my mind.

`Jammin' Jobus

Smash Journeyman
lol manalord mango could take fox and do exactly what hes done with falco if he wanted to. quit being so shortsighted.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Hungrybox is beatable. M2k got him to last game last stock and that's the only Pound 4 match involving H Box I paid much attention to.

Mango'll stay on top forever though, but that's because he's the best player ever.

Don't paint me as a Jiggs hater though, she's still top tier in my mind.
Someone wants Mango's babies...

@TML
LMFAO
What!

gm jack

Smash Lord
good theory. that theory definitely reflects the metagame and should define our tier list.

LOL
So if everyone suddenly decides to use Pichu for a year, he becomes top tier?

Popularity does not define how good a character is. Jiggs is currently used by the best player of the game ever, and by one of the safest players. Really, is it hard to image that jiggs was not going to place well given as such.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Fox, Fox is strange. He requires such mental demand and precision, it's rarely if ever pulled off consistently throughout a tournament. It's possible i.e. OC3, this isn't some perfect control BS, but currently the only Fox driving the metagame in anyway is Jman and he just gets straight outclassed by Mango. So Fox is still the best IMO, there's just no one there to use him.
You've gotta be kidding.

LUCKY IS THE CHOSEN ONE

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Idk, dash dance forward B and CC down tilt is better than almost anything in bottom tier xD

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Are you serious? Quit trolling. It's kind of obvious at this point. No matter how minor the changes necessary the current tier list is outdated and wrong at representing todays metagame.

Stormcrow2

Smash Apprentice
Kirby below ness? lol.. ness should be second to last above pichu IMO
After playing with ness so much on ssb64, ness is absolute garbage on melee, I'm surprised he isn't in the bottom 3... His pk thunder recovery range is horrible, dair is fail, yo-yos are kinda useless, pk flash is just stupid... only thing he's got going in melee is his fair.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
is any tier list necessary?
Yes it is in any competitive fighter. You're pretty uninformed. It's very important for giving outsiders a general idea of the metagame and where to start. It's an iconic part of our community and it always has been.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
Just a question, but aren't most other FG communities' tier lists based solely on tournament results?

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Yes it is in any competitive fighter. You're pretty uninformed. It's very important for giving outsiders a general idea of the metagame and where to start. It's an iconic part of our community and it always has been.
I feel like "TIRES DON EXITS" is a pretty iconic part of our community.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Just a question, but aren't most other FG communities' tier lists based solely on tournament results?
It really varies. Some have representative tier lists (not based exactly on tournament results, but is a big factor), some have matchup tier lists, some have game specific tier lists because the game mechanics are whack (like mvc2), it's not necessarily who's best by themselves but for the team...

so really it should be tailored to our game. Which should be a representative tier list with tournament resulsts weighing in a heavy factor. because a sheik will never run into a pichu, ness, or kirby of tournament worth at any tournament.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
uhhh afaik other fighting game communities don't really give a rats *** about tier lists and don't even have official ones

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Shows how much you know about other fighting communities. In many communities there is value placed in the tier list. The major difference is, people are more willing to accept the authorities who make the tier list, and the tier lists they have are accurate due to the naturally competitive nature of the game and players... of course this can't be said for every community there ever is, so nobody come at me with obscure examples.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
from what i've heard, the guilty gear series has tier lists that were made by individual players as a reference point, but nobody really cares enough about the tier list because it really doesn't matter and so there is no official one.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
^^however, the SF community, the japanese MB community, and a whole host of other fighting games series have tier lists that people follow--GG just doen't have the same sorta community as smashboards, SRK, meltybread and other fighting game communities (as far as I can tell)

X1-12

Smash Champion
You're pretty uninformed.
I manage to get a lol of of almost every one of your posts

its only real purpose seems to be dissuading people from choosing certain characters

St. Viers

Smash Champion
@tremor--it's what makes him not bottom tier...

@X1-12--it's only discourages people who would quickly pick up a better character anyways. Many people who actually main lower tiered chars are aware of the tier list. So basically it just saves time for people who want to use a "good" character.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
frotaz37--not true. he can always throw you off-stage and edge-guard. Also, the fact that he has a disjointed hitbox makes him better that worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom