• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Roy is far from the worst. he has like the best d-tilt in the whole game. it sets up so much it's nuts, he has marth like movement which is really good, good edge gaurd, good throws, and has the 2nd best rnge in the game not counting his sourspot I think he may have like 7th best range or so. Really find out about seth or neo they are amazing roy also has pretty good combo not nearly as good as marth but he can rack up a fair amount of damage.

Really if anything you should be argueing him to he a spot or 2 higher.

also with movement that good no matter how carpy the attacks he should be bottom.

Sasha

Smash Journeyman

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I cried during the pichu match the last time I saw it I like how things value increase as time passes.

really it you won't see many if any pichu, nesses, or kirby in touraments which that would just be nuts. Being good vs them isn't worth much.

Really on pichu's part I would agrue that's it's impossible for him to havve a good match-up but it should be impossible for him to hit ANYONE. everyone outranges him

`DNS`

Smash Lord
I cried during the pichu match the last time I saw it I like how things value increase as time passes.

really it you won't see many if any pichu, nesses, or kirby in touraments which that would just be nuts. Being good vs them isn't worth much.

Really on pichu's part I would agrue that's it's impossible for him to havve a good match-up but it should be impossible for him to hit ANYONE. everyone outranges him
next match was on FD and he won that too

MarthPwnzer-

Smash Apprentice
LOL Marth 2nd??? :laugh:
Marth has only 1 or 2 bad matchups Shiek and Falcon. Even then falcon can be contained easily as you can **** over his ground game if your smart. After that its just edge guard and win. Marth ****s over Fox easy with grabs and a easy edge game. Marth loses to shiek. Shiek is obviously the best character because she gays everyone. Another reason why fox is not number one is because no fox has the consistency to win match after match because after awhile the player tends to get sloppy after 1 day of playing fox every match, let alone a two day tournament.

Grimmspada

Smash Rookie
Marth's grabs on spacies do a lot of damage, but a lot of the time its hard for Marth to get the kill with good DI from the spacies. Even with the percent damage, it gets hard for Marth to combo people when they get to high percents. Technical spacies are ridiculously hard for Marth. :( Fox is more consistent than Marth imo, but it depends on the player obviously.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
Kirby below ness? lol.. ness should be second to last above pichu IMO
After playing with ness so much on ssb64, ness is absolute garbage on melee, I'm surprised he isn't in the bottom 3... His pk thunder recovery range is horrible, dair is fail, yo-yos are kinda useless, pk flash is just stupid... only thing he's got going in melee is his fair.
lol, ness sucks in that game too

Scidadle

Smash Champion
No Ness is way better than kirby.

Well, they both suck

but ness is better

@Cubaisdeath: awesome signature

@Marth gets beat by falcon. No it's a fair matchup

@Shiek being best in the game. No fox has no bad matchups and shiek has one which is fox.

@Marth ****ting on fox. No, he does have a really nice chaingrab but a smart fox player won't get grabbed. Sure his ledge game is easy vs fox, but thats the character not the matchup. His ledgegame is good vs like... every character. Shiek does dirty things to marth but fox beats shiek soooo he shouldn't be higher than either of them IMO.

The top tiers in my opinion should be as followed

Fox
Shiek
Falco
Marth
Jiggs

As for bottom tier

Ness
Yoshi
Bowser
Kirby
Pichu

With mewtwo being at bottom of low. I think the bottom tier is pretty accurate

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I disagree with the bottom tier for you Scidadle I don't think ness should be that high same for kirby.
Really kirby is way to high on the list it's a slap to the face to anyone who thinks that's right. Yes I know I when to far way to far.

But if the list was totally based on match-ups sheik for top pichu for bottom and ice climbers for mid of the whole list they have random bad match-ups. Also puff shouldn't move up but maybe down if it were based on match-ups

Laijin

Smash Hero
Kirby should be no higher than last tier.
EVER.
He is literally the only character in the game who just sucks at everything. He has almost no options against pretty much every match up in the game. At least Mewtwo has a good match up against Sheik and Pichu can chain grab. What can Kirby do? Kirbycide? lol. we're not in 2003 man(we're not all noobs. :O)

St. Viers

Smash Champion
^^this. when all a character can do is ducking WD-> d-tilt and space b-airs, it's not hard to fight him. I know I'm exaggerating, but not by much.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Yeah kirby's duck is amazing but he can't do a lot like puff can with her duck kirby can't duck and rest people. his punishment is lacking I geuss he could down-smash if someone misses a grab on him. Hey you can't forget to talk about his tilts he is the people where the tilts are all way better than their smash (sheik's up-smash and down-smash are pretty good).

In some ways kirby is like pichu people can say no you can't touch me, but at least pichu can dd to nair and he can keep up with his foes. At top speed of everyone I would say kirby is slower than a bowser on YS.

I want to compare their punishment game.
tech chaseing
pichu-can always keep up and jab reset F-smash I do it a lot it's the best F-smash knockback wise, and grab down-throw tech chase
kirby can keep up with many people and he could grab down-throw again.

missed rest
pichu side-B fully charged kills at 25% any stage even if she is in the middle of DL64. does 39%
kirby-up-smash? kills at I don't know but must be higher than 80% most likely 120%

they get grabbed
pichu chain throws, back-throw to edge gaurd, tech chase with down-throw(see tech chase above), up-throw dair on people like puff, down-throw up-smash shouldn't work but it does, f-throw to nair i've done a few times.

kirby-down-throw tech chase, throw them off and kirby dies they can shake out and let kirby kill himself.

edge gaurd goes to kirby I don't know how good kirby is at edge gaurding but he can have that.

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
If the tier list would be based on matchups, then kirby would be higher than ness.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Wait what who said that? Maybe if sheik is handicapped to 1 on 2x damage I think then m2 would have a silght favor. Or maybe if the sheik player was blind. or used in a 3rd party controller with only 1 working button and the stick. Maybe if taj was the lowest level of m2 play and random sheik player was the max skill of sheik.

only cases m2 would have a silght favor.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
^^you mean that if the tier list were based off of old, not really objective matchups that are debatable and not really set in stone, kirby would be higher than ness.

If that were the case, than shiek would be #1, as she has better matchups against low tier chars than fox does (not saying fox has bad matchups against low tier chars, just that shiek has enough better ones)

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
@Marth ****ting on fox. No, he does have a really nice chaingrab but a smart fox player won't get grabbed. Sure his ledge game is easy vs fox, but thats the character not the matchup. His ledgegame is good vs like... every character. Shiek does dirty things to marth but fox beats shiek soooo he shouldn't be higher than either of them IMO.

The top tiers in my opinion should be as followed

Fox
Shiek
Falco
Marth
Jiggs

As for bottom tier

Ness
Yoshi
Bowser
Kirby
Pichu

With mewtwo being at bottom of low. I think the bottom tier is pretty accurate

This isn't Super Theory Bros, Fox gets grabbed b/c of human error all the time. And I know Yoshi is far better than the rest of the company he keeps, this includes Ness and Mewtwo.

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
I think this argument was present on the 300s page range also? Repeat arguments, perhaps?

Skye93

Smash Rookie
That is a good list, i really didn't expect marth to be so high.
Also, didn't expect DK to be so high either.
I don't think I've ever played a DK user before.

ryankam10

Smash Journeyman
BUM routinely zero to deaths space animals and falcon
i think DK just ***** fastfallers in general

Fletch

Smash Master
BUM routinely zero to deaths space animals and falcon
i think DK just ***** fastfallers in general
DK would own fastfallers if he started every stock with them already grabbed. Too bad the fastfallers all that he can combo so well can avoid those grabs and have lots of good ways to camp DK.

Oracle

Smash Master
I'd say DK goes even at least with CF because his bair is great at helping to stop CF, one grab is a stock and you can easily escape his nair shield pressure with an OOS up B. Definitely disadvantage against falco because of gayzers and easy, easy dair gimps. Against fox is also disadvantage, but weaker, because of the lack of said gayzers.
^^you mean that if the tier list were based off of old, not really objective matchups that are debatable and not really set in stone, kirby would be higher than ness.

If that were the case, than shiek would be #1, as she has better matchups against low tier chars than fox does (not saying fox has bad matchups against low tier chars, just that shiek has enough better ones)
Tier list=/= matchups success. That would mean the first one would never have changed. The tier list reflects certain characters' viability and success in the current metagame. Thus, the bottom two tiers are essentially irrelevant, as bowser, ness, kirby, pichu, roy, zelda, etc. are never viable in any metagame.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
I'd say DK goes even at least with CF because his bair is great at helping to stop CF, one grab is a stock and you can easily escape his nair shield pressure with an OOS up B. Definitely disadvantage against falco because of gayzers and easy, easy dair gimps. Against fox is also disadvantage, but weaker, because of the lack of said gayzers.

Tier list=/= matchups success. That would mean the first one would never have changed. The tier list reflects certain characters' viability and success in the current metagame. Thus, the bottom two tiers are essentially irrelevant, as bowser, ness, kirby, pichu, roy, zelda, etc. are never viable in any metagame.
I know this---try looking at who I'm responding to, and what I'm actually saying...also, just because I'm tired and cranky, the changing metagame ends up changing character matchups, so the list wouldn't be the same now as it was in the beginning. It's made up of the votes by the people in the melee backroom, meaning it's a hodgepodge of tourney results, matchups, general impressions, and theorycraft, making it more useful than being based on any one criteria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom