• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

leffen

Smash Champion
How would you grab release someone to death (practically?). Consider the fact that the fox/falco can just mixup between fast breakout, medium fast breakout, slow etc and can freely mixup between ground/air (+DI on that)

Also, they'd need have you between them and get a grab... with spacies minimal lag and shine they'd have to work much much harder than against peach/sheik/puff

Vudujin

Smash Lord
Luigi's actually pretty damn good at 2 vs. 1. I'd say top 5 in no order would be Fox, Luigi, Falco, Peach, and Falcon.

Spacies is self-explanatory, Peach has quick fast moves, good OoS options, and she's a moving hitbox, Luigi has amazing positioning and his moves are perfect for separating and dissecting. He's like Jackie Chan. Falcon can handle two people. . . . he's got two knees.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Europhoria, your signature destroyed me.

Fox, Peach, and Puff are the best three in teams, and in 1v2s, imo.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
When I played yesterday, I actually thought at times that Ganon can be good in 1v2.. I was able to solo both my opponents with double techchases, it felt soooo good. I mean in general throwing out large hitboxes forces your opponent to choose his approaches a lot more and then sometimes they just both get hit.. you know?

Europhoria

Smash Lord
When I played yesterday, I actually thought at times that Ganon can be good in 1v2.. I was able to solo both my opponents with double techchases, it felt soooo good. I mean in general throwing out large hitboxes forces your opponent to choose his approaches a lot more and then sometimes they just both get hit.. you know?
I just think you need spammable, safe moves that can get you kills or at least get you 1v1 time for like 10 seconds to try and get a kill. So like, this really limits who I think is good in a 2v1 to only Fox and Falco (see b-air, d-air, n-air, shine). Also Peach I guess. You're gonna die from 1 grab/being trapped between 2 people no matter who you are anyways.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Fox, Peach, and Puff are the best three in teams, and in 1v2s, imo.
i agree with this

they have mobility, moves that cover both sides of them, and very destructive kill moves

i say the both sides thing because the likes of falco, marth, sheik, and falcon have more difficulty covering both sides than the aforementioned

Tero.

Smash Champion
i agree with this

they have mobility, moves that cover both sides of them, and very destructive kill moves

i say the both sides thing because the likes of falco, marth, sheik, and falcon have more difficulty covering both sides than the aforementioned
Last time I checked both Peach and Puff weren't that mobile. Sure Puff is in the air but she's still slow.
Also what moves of her hits on both sides? Obv apart from dsmash which isn't really useful most of the time.
Only things Puff can do in 1v2 is plank or try to wall if she's not in the middle.

How come fox hits on both sides while Falco doesn't? Fox is **** in 1v2 because he's fast and doesn't have much lag. Plus shine is a Good gtfo move and can kill at low %.

Imo Sheik is very good in 1v2. 2nd best after Fox. She is fast with little lag on her aerials can wall and keep both away with fair/bair + follow up fast with fair to get kills. She's definitly better at covering both sides (fair/bair + dsmash) than Puff

Overall Fox, Puff, Sheik and Peach are the best Team characters. (no order)

Falcon is also pretty good because of his speed and knee.
Tbh I do think Falco is damn good too. He just has to play totally different and more safe.
Lasers are great to interupt your opponents if they are about to kill/combo your teammate + they can safe (shine is also good for helping to recover)

Edit: best Teams imo Fox/Puff Fox/Peach Fox/Sheik Sheik/Puff Sheik/Peach
Also Fox or Sheik/Falcon and Fox/Falco

:phone:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
You don't grab in 1v2
That depends on your position, if both of them are facing you, you can use your throw to create a hitbox in front of you so that it baits the other to attack you at the same time.. so then both get hit and then you can create some chaos.. That happens a lot when I'm 1v2 situations like i said before. lol

Last time I played, I was alone, I downthrowed one Fox when I saw the other trying to hit me and then the other got hit too because I was still invincible.. because of that they both got hit for 40% dmg because I downaired both of them after since they were both knocked down.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
falco's dthrow should have the same effect that it does on ic's

pretty hard to punish

but yea it is generally not the best idea to grab haha

unless u just have to

Bones0

Smash Legend
Thanks. There's surprisingly few epic pics of the White Ranger. I don't think the one I'm using is even an official costume. It's just something someone cosplayed with, which is amazing.

D

Deleted member

zelda is god tier in 2 v 1s
because her inability to establish position against one opponent just wasn't enough of a handicap for you?

i love zelda more than anyone and even i don't have enough willful ignorance to admit that she's good against 2 opponents.

Tero.

Smash Champion
I mean, what else is sheik gunna threaten you with? That was the point I was getting at. All she can do is throw out aerials and needles and wait for a good opportunity to set up a fair. Very very hard.
yeah like sheik can do nothing else but grab? really?

Top Bottom