• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

Beat!

Smash Master
M2K Marth vs Hbox has happened, though.

I think Marth has a slight advantage over Puff. Definitely not in Puff's favour. Even M2K thinks the matchup is even.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Link to a video? If it wasn't recorded it's also useless to site in this discussion lol.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
I think the puff matchup catches Marth players offguard, because you have to play extremely patient, which is not something most of us are used to.

Matchups pretty even though

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Agreed

Puff is slow but if you slow down your pace and space well she can't get in very easily. I'm actually more sacred of Marth's than anyone else in the top seven other than maybe a good fox.

leffen

Smash Champion
Is it just me, or is Marth kinda OPish with this ruleset (as he gains an INCREDIBLE amount from this one compared to previous ones).

The fact that you can lose game 1 (lets say FoD), CP FD (win), win on their counterpick [say PS](he really doesn't have a bad neutral stage vs spacies) and then you can counterpick FD again o_o

Hao can you say that he is worse than Peach Q_Q

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Underrepresented + world's best player bias? I seriously think he's tied with puff on this tier list if not higher, but I wouldn't put him higher than sheik so that would mean puff is fifth and I think a lot of people disagree. People don't seem to realise that the cp stages can really mess with her and her MUs aren't the greatest against mid tiers, she beats sheik in the MU but I don't think she deserves to be higher than her. Still top tier IMO anyways though.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I'm not sure. I don't see Puff losing to Marth. Her punish game on him is ridiculous, and she's resistant to combos, so he basically has to poke at her and hope for tippers (similar to Peach, but Puff's bair makes it a lot easier to get in, I guess, and one hit/read can snowball pretty easily into an edge guard, or a rest. I don't how Marth could beat Puff.

leffen

Smash Champion
Honestly, tier lists should just be:
(in no order)

Fox/Falco/Marth/Sheik/Puff - Can with no doubt deal with every matchup just fine. Every character has their own strengths

Peach/CF/Ics/Doc/Samus/Luigi/Pikachu/Ganondorf/Yoshi/Mario - May need a counterpick charater versus certain matchups, handles majority of the top tier matchups fine but to mostly to a disadvantage.

Link/YL/Mewtwo/DonkeyKong - Is viable in a few of the top tiers matchups, strong as a suprise counterpick
rest: Unviable - you're better off using other characters

@Shroudedone: Her punishes aren't THAT good on marth most of the time. Marth can also combo+juggle her much better than people realize, and she dies super early. Anyway, you don't play marth and I hate to have these kind of discussions with inexperienced people.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
At the very least I think Peach and Falcon should be in the tier with "Can with no doubt deal with every matchup just fine. Every character has their own strengths
"
From a practical standpoint, Peach and Falcon certainly can handle every matchup in the top tiers.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I can agree, for Peach, but I think spacies just destroy Falcon (I don't want to sound like a Falcon main, but....ehhh...I wouldn't say "just fine").

Armada

Smash Lord
Leffen: Yeah I think that rule that allow you to pick same stage twice (if you win on your opponents CP between those matches) is wrong and should be removed. You should only be ablle to counterpick same stage twice if you lose on it.

Marth is really good and he is really underrated because lack of good results but that dosen't mean he is a bad char. Just counting MUs I wanna say Marth is better then Sheik but Sheik still feels like a better char with more good options in generall. Marth is 5th on my list but he is way closer the chars above him then many people like to think.

Something that really makes me sad about Marth players (most chars/players tbh) is that they chose weird things to do when they have gurantee stuff that is 10 times better. Marth players on FD is a great example...

Stevo

Smash Champion
Honestly, tier lists should just be:
(in no order)

Fox/Falco/Marth/Sheik/Puff - Can with no doubt deal with every matchup just fine. Every character has their own strengths

Peach/CF/Ics/Doc/Samus/Luigi/Pikachu/Ganondorf/Yoshi/Mario - May need a counterpick charater versus certain matchups, handles majority of the top tier matchups fine but to mostly to a disadvantage.

Link/YL/Mewtwo/DonkeyKong - Is viable in a few of the top tiers matchups, strong as a suprise counterpick
rest: Unviable - you're better off using other characters

@Shroudedone: Her punishes aren't THAT good on marth most of the time. Marth can also combo+juggle her much better than people realize, and she dies super early. Anyway, you don't play marth and I hate to have these kind of discussions with inexperienced people.
I completely agree with there being 4 tiers. I'm glad people with more credibility and pull are starting to post about it.

:phone:

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I'd really like to see a good Luigi. He seems like he has a lot of potential, but there's no one playing him at the same level as the other mains in that tier (e.g. Kage).

Leffen, please change your fourth tier to Unviable/Kirby. It's much more accurate.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Is it just me, or is Marth kinda OPish with this ruleset (as he gains an INCREDIBLE amount from this one compared to previous ones).

The fact that you can lose game 1 (lets say FoD), CP FD (win), win on their counterpick [say PS](he really doesn't have a bad neutral stage vs spacies) and then you can counterpick FD again o_o

Hao can you say that he is worse than Peach Q_Q
Love your Marth posts

I agree about the ruleset and also told/tell people that.

Post those powershielding Marth videos when they go up please. =)

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Falcon mains are stepping their game up. Time for Marth mains to do the same, in my opinion.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Peach kind of gives him the business, too. But I'm not entirely sure. It's a weird MU. And I'd think Falcon just ***** Luigi in every way possible.

Svetsunov

Smash Apprentice
Good Luigi. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QXysE-zRGM

Speaking of Luigi, he can combo spacies but he gets the **** as soon as shines and lasers come out. I think he has a decent mu with Jiggs. He gets ***** by Marth and Sheik, looks like he can do decently against Falcon but SS doesn't know the mu. Hm.
Yeah i'm about 90% sure thats just SS not knowing the MU. I'm going to look for some more Luigi Matches tonight and i'll post what I find.

And I can see him doing fine vs Puff.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Yeah i'm about 90% sure thats just SS not knowing the MU. I'm going to look for some more Luigi Matches tonight and i'll post what I find.

And I can see him doing fine vs Puff.
Theres more than one set of SS playing Eddy Mexico.
I'm sure a top level falcon like SS would know the luigi matchup

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I have problems with a lot of the decisions m2k made that game
at winterfest 2009 I actually beat hbox in crews with marth, (we both had 3-4 stocks and I had a good advantage) for w/e that's worth. I don't like the FoD match I think i played ****ty in it and he played better. I think it's kinda even I just rarely ever fight puffs so i lack experience in the MU a lot (same with falco but i have less experience vs puff than falco by comparison even tho they are my 2 hardest MUs)

that tourney still owes me 1,500 dollars =/

armada, i know how to do marth vs fox on FD just fine (unless you meant other marths which I'd agree with). I do understand about doing weak Uairs to tipper though, but I think there are some better options and it depends the situation (such as Fair to down tilt and then edge guard their recovery as they either have to forward B to the ledge or up B from below/even to the stage). I think sheik is better than marth vs most characters which is why I usually use her now (which you agreed i should). Marth's a lot worse when FD is gone and high %s where you can't combo to a kill are removed (very common on dreamland).

only marth mains know how bad he is on non neutrals. Regardless of how good a players marth is, on a non neutral there is almost no reason to play him imo.

Armada

Smash Lord
Yeah you are the only Marth nowadays that plays Marth on FD almost perfect. I think one of the reasons we disagree in those kind of subjects is cause you are more of a edgeguard player in those situations while Im trying to give 80-90% at least before a tipper. I also think I have more "rules" when Im doing stuuff with Marth on FD for example and that's why some of the decession you make could be a bit better.

But yeah the fair-d-tilt thing is really good cause you can from that cover every option in a easy way. Yeah I agree you should focus way more on your sheik and I still think you should.

Top Bottom