• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

Kal

Smash Champion
I will concede that I am mean. I should have been a dentist.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
in the end all i meant was i believe wobbles is too good compared to the rest of the ice climbers, as is armada two steps ahead of the rest of the peach

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
:/

1) IC v Peach is manageable. But their windows for punishment and their zones of control are small and require a lot of precision to maintain. If I'm not on my game, Peaches of ANY level give me trouble. People can pick up Peach for the first time and be hard for me to fight.

The matchup is difficult, but not in the "70-30 Peach's favor" kind of way, more of a "really tough learning curve" kind of way. I'd pin it at 55-45, MAYBE 60-40 but when I actually hit my punishes and space well it really doesn't feel bad at all.

2) ICs v Jiggs is the same way, but tilted towards ICs. If ICs camp with blizzard walls then Puff has a heck of a time finding a solid angle of approach. Most Puffs can't get the hard punishes they need to shift the stock momentum after a single hit. Darc is the Puff that's given me the most difficulty that I can beat, and the rest I just kind of whoop on without thinking about it, because I keep up my walls and I abuse WD OoS to punish landings. Then you fight HBox, who has the spacing to work around the blizzard and the patience to keep himself safe while he looks for his own opportunities. When he gets a good hit, he turns the stock around instantly. If you haven't played HBox and you're trying to dissect Puff V ICs, you are missing a key element to understand the matchup: at her optimal spacing, Puff is insanely hard for ICs to actually touch, and her punishment game is much more potent. Her level counterpick selection is also more varied and harder to combat.

Also if ICs get the percent lead all it means is they don't have to chase Puff around the level. It's kind of autowin for Puff if she gets a lead and wants to be a jerk. So yeah if the matchup actually is in ICs favor--and it's centered around them having a flimsy camping wall--I doubt it's by much.

strawhats

Smash Master
I actually don't think puff is marth's most difficult matchup, or even a bad one. Back when my marth was in my prime, I beat all the puffs. I even 4 stocked Sliq in 88 seconds back in 2009 on battlefield. (it was recorded too, but he didn't want to put it online). I got a lot of really lucky F smash tippers though off of reads.

I'm not really sure the ratio, I just don't get practice at it, that's why I don't do it. If I had a lot of patience AND the practice vs a good puff (let alone ANY puff... cactuar if you're reading this, I need you to play puff vs me next time we play however many months away that would be) I would be using marth more. I don't play him because I mess up a lot now due to lack of practice + forgetting old things + lack of a good controller, but I don't feel like he's really limited, you just have to do A LOT of work to win at high level. Marth even has this neat thing vs Puff where you can mix up down throw and F throw at low % and throw them really fast so they miss the DI, and SH Nair them twice, and Fair -> another aerial, and 0-50 her really fast. I found it out years ago.

However, I am honestly not experienced enough in marth vs puff to make a valid opinion right now. For all I know marth ***** or for all I know puff *****, so don't take my word on this too big since I have yet to experiment on different situations. A big problem with the matchup is, after 50% or so, Puff can only get hit once instead of comboed, where as if Puff Bairs or Fairs marth at the edge, it turns into either an edge guard, or forces marth in a very bad situation. Furthermore, if Marth is forced to up B onto the stage, it's an automatic rest KO.
hmm...I was always under the impression that you hated the MU, even in your prime.(Cause of Mango) Also is it ture that you 3 stocked or JV 4 stocked hbox with marth on FD back in 09 or something in a crew battle?

ONe last thing...what do you think of the marth/doc mu?

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
hmm...I was always under the impression that you hated the MU, even in your prime.(Cause of Mango) Also is it ture that you 3 stocked or JV 4 stocked hbox with marth on FD back in 09 or something in a crew battle?

ONe last thing...what do you think of the marth/doc mu?
no LOL, I just won some crew battle in winterfest 2 years ago (where we never got paid) marth vs puff pretty solidly but not by a lot. Just 1 game we had.

marth beats doc if he's playing perfect. Doc can **** marth when marth makes mistakes, but Marth definitely wins if he's playing good.

Aber

Smash Journeyman
jigglypuff is in front of marth

marth ftilts

jigglypuff does ???

jigglypuff is above marth

marth utilts

jigglypuff does ???

Uhhhh.....Doesn't get hit by it?

Both moves are very laggy this was a god awful point

Aber

Smash Journeyman
Hey m2k what do you think of falcon vs marth?? I know you don't play the MU obviously because sheik does even better in it but I think marth can do plenty and does really well vs falcon.....Thoughts?

Mew2King

King of the Mews
idk, last time i played hax in crews with marth i almost 4 stocked him but i think he was playing really badly and i was also playing perfect, but my marth can beat every falcon probably but I also think my falcon can beat every marth so idk <.<. I used to think falcon ***** marth but if I can beat everyone in both reverse MUs both ways I am really unsure what it truely is

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
idk, last time i played hax in crews with marth i almost 4 stocked him but i think he was playing really badly and i was also playing perfect, but my marth can beat every falcon probably but I also think my falcon can beat every marth so idk <.<. I used to think falcon ***** marth but if I can beat everyone in both reverse MUs both ways I am really unsure what it truely is
it means ur really good at super smash brothers melee

john!

Smash Hero
Uhhhh.....Doesn't get hit by it?

Both moves are very laggy this was a god awful point
you're telling me jigglypuff can jump to avoid the utilt and punish it before marth can move again? really?

and i don't think she can punish a spaced ftilt OOS, but use dtilt if you prefer.

it seems like the only reason marth can lose to jigglypuff is because puff messes up their spacing

Aber

Smash Journeyman
you're telling me jigglypuff can jump to avoid the utilt and punish it before marth can move again? really?

and i don't think she can punish a spaced ftilt OOS, but use dtilt if you prefer.

it seems like the only reason marth can lose to jigglypuff is because puff messes up their spacing

Dude I'm not even going to answer this........

You're OP made it out to seem as though utilt and ftilt were an end all answer to anything jigglypuff can do. Meanwhile, multiple people refuted this, including myself, by offering simple solutions to this simplistic view

Fletch

Smash Master
What's everyone's thoughts on Samus's position? I really think she could be higher with the prevalence of spacies, as she seems to do well against Falco and holds her own against Fox. Seems like her main problem matchup is Marth, who really has been falling quite a bit in popularity. Plup and Duck seemed to play pretty well at Apex; just not sure if there needs to be a new Hugs/IHSB combination of Samus play to bring her to the next level. Also, how does she do against Puff? I have no idea.

Fletch

Smash Master
Her main problem is Sheik.
So she has disadvantage Sheik and Marth, probably slight dis to Fox, evenish to Falco, and I'm not sure of her other matchups. That doesn't seem that bad; almost comparable to Falcons matchups. I don't know why she gets so much hate. I don't play her though, just looking for input.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Samus doesn't get wrecked by Peach, lol. It's like, 55 or 58 in Peach's favor. I dunno. She wins, though.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
depends on the peach u talk to. some think its kinda free others not so much, but everyone agrees peach has the advantage

Armada

Smash Lord
I have cleary not enough experience against Samus but Peach has the advantage. It's hard to say how much but I would guess it is between 55-45 and 60-40 in Peachs favor. But I think one of the better Samus players maight have more experience and a better overall view of the MU.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
samus has 2 main counterattack moves

Wavedash back -> something
and up B OOS (Peach can Fair -> Grab before Samus can do this I believe, and Fair -> Down smash way before Samus can do this), but this is effective vs Spacies.

the best thing spacies can do vs samus most of the time is Aerial into light shield, then wait for the up B because that is usually what Samus's do and it easily counterattacks space animals.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
peach cannot grab or dsmash before up OoS starts. Samus is invincible until after the hitbox starts, so as long as she gets 2 frames (1 jump, next frame invincible) she will beat any unspaced pressure. Peach's fair does have frame advantage on shield, but even perfect fair is only around +4. Most of the time peach is spacing with the fair, not trying to do the lowest possible so generally its about even on block.

Top Bottom