• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I keep forgetting we're playing the HRC field.
I don't know what this is supposed to mean. I think you're implying that giving up space is a punish alone or that peach can rinse/repeat the situation and that WD OoS isn't a good enough answer. Giving up space is a punish, but it allows samus to move into the spacing that she is favored in: both players being grounded and samus at ftilt spacing away. In that way, it is an advantage to samus.

Normally i'd insert a sarcastic phrase here, but you're you so i'll refrain.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I don't know what this is supposed to mean. I think you're implying that giving up space is a punish alone or that peach can rinse/repeat the situation and that WD OoS isn't a good enough answer. Giving up space is a punish, but it allows samus to move into the spacing that she is favored in: both players being grounded and samus at ftilt spacing away. In that way, it is an advantage to samus.

Normally i'd insert a sarcastic phrase here, but you're you so i'll refrain.
Samus's f-tilt is probably the most overrated part of her entire game rofl

leffen

Smash Champion
Jab too >_> its not even safe and it gives SOOOO little reward

I remember playing against Duck/Darrell, I'd always just wait in shield, and usmash whatever they did, since her jab is too bad you don't really have to worry about it either

people really shield too little vs samus

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Now I have to ask: How are her jab and ftilt overrated? WD > ftilt seems to be a fairly good approach for her, and don't her jabs pressure shields well? (With jab cancelling and all that)

Varist

Smash Lord
Now I have to ask: How are her jab and ftilt overrated? WD > ftilt seems to be a fairly good approach for her, and don't her jabs pressure shields well? (With jab cancelling and all that)
i think we need to stop calling shield pressure "pressure", if we're going to start calling samus's jab "shield pressure"

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Assuming that the only actual "shield pressure" that exists is mashing one's face into the controller, then sure.

Stevo

Smash Champion
wd to tilt only seems good with samus because she doesnt have much to work with, so in comparison it looks good.
(but it is not)
good Samus players have to make it work, so they get really good at it. you could almost do the same thing with falcos ftilt, but that would be dumb, because falco has 50 better options.
:phone:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Let's see here, it's hard to remember things like this.

I know I won RoM 4 and STYC 2 with M2k. I won Mist with Tink. Mmmm...

Wow, i know I did really well overall but i don't remember much.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
And now you're giving him up like a *****. For shame.

Anyone else notice how much Sheik's have narrowed the gap in spacies matchups as of late? I mean, it's mainly them forgetting they don't have to approach and doing the whole derp-tech-skill-spam-oh-****-I-forgot-she-can-grab-me, but still...

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
tbh I actually do think the vert kills are really helpful with Sheik because (and I expect a massive ****storm from this) it negates the versatility of Fox & Falco's high recoveries. It also punishes people for trying to mitigate her Fair's trajectory by hanging around the middle of the stage when they're DIing her combos.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Sheik isn't bad vs campy space animals though so idk why Blistering Speed is bringing that up.
I find Sheik's approach game to be somewhat limited vs spacies, especially at the lower %'s. They have guns, so they can force that situation. Maybe I'm biased because spacies never approach conservatively out in the real world.
he missed the part where sheik is getting more attention in the last year or so and getting better in general because of it
Erm, no ****?

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
well if you want to get technical....stating things that have happened is stating the obvious =D

like saying sheiks close the gaps.

and saying what i did.

im runnin

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I find Sheik's approach game to be somewhat limited vs spacies, especially at the lower %'s. They have guns, so they can force that situation. Maybe I'm biased because spacies never approach conservatively out in the real world.
This is a good argument.

This is not a good argument:

But I'm sticking to it anyway.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Isn't sheik still pretty dominant in tourney play? As far as I know Sheik should be pretty much where she is now. (Forgive me if I'm totally wrong)

Top Bottom