• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
@ Raziek
I think we have none but Gheb should answere this one because he knows our intire comunity
Is that a jab at him, because I have to tell you if it is he really doesn't like them.

PMC66

Smash Journeyman
This is a useful post for me. (/sarcasm)

Who?
My friend Jmiller, theres no vids of me other than wifi matches, but you can find a couple from Miller, his set vs Anaky is pretty good but he's the only EU ROB i know of that performs solidly well throughout UK's tournament life span (I've never enterred but have gone to other people's houses I hope to play Anaky myself soon) he Mains Luigi and subs ROB though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urI2w1w6ibg

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
Is that a jab at him, because I have to tell you if it is he really doesn't like them.
npe it honesly isn't
Even though I do disagree with him a lot he does know our comunity really well. So yeah I have to give hime credits for that.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
^ oooh disrcediting me over a non band wagon opinion way to win the ROB argument Joe, oh wait what did that have to do with anything?

And i meant over that specific topic clearly there are some things i don't know that you do about other characters everyone has different areas of knowledge and opinions on them. But ROB i clearly know more about ROB's matchups than you do. Purely because A Sonic is not -2ed by ROB, I know Pikachu definetly beats ROB by +1 i've said that since 2008.

That and people have been calling out your mu figures alot more than they have mine I think some people were pretty surprised at the fact you didn't know Zero suit samus was so severe for ROB. Myself included lol

And this even prooves how biast towards lucas you are how can even put that as even... *deep breath

No really i've never heard of anyone think Lucas V ROB is even
I don't see how :pikachu2: beats :rob:. The normal traits :pikachu2: has that gives him advantages are cg and ability to outcamp/outlast opponents. The only matchups :pikachu2: seems to lose involve being outranged (:metaknight:, :lucario:, :diddy:, etc). I just know Esam consistently loses to 8bitman with :pikachu2:.

Also, what reason does :rob: beat :lucas:? I've never seen this matchup played out. Mekos/Stingers namesearch?

I can make outlandish/bold claims and I feel they will hold true when the time permits. The :zerosuitsamus:/:rob: matchup was me forgetting the infinite/he can't camp :zerosuitsamus: well.

:sonic: mains are so hopeful to the point it confuses me. :sonic: loses to a lot of characters, but the :sonic:s (Outside of Meek) can't accept his losing matchups.
My friend Jmiller, theres no vids of me other than wifi matches, but you can find a couple from Miller, his set vs Anaky is pretty good but he's the only EU ROB i know of that performs solidly well throughout UK's tournament life span (I've never enterred but have gone to other people's houses I hope to play Anaky myself soon) he Mains Luigi and subs ROB though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urI2w1w6ibg
Best :rob:.
^ actually Japan only had one top level ROB who quit
Did Ocean quit or are you saying this statement because you lack knowledge? A couple of days ago you said Delfino Plaza was outlawed in all of Europe. Incredibely false statement, which was confirmed by Gheb/T.

Side note: Luminous is also an amazing :rob: from Japan.

:018:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Lada played Verm at Apex and won 2-0 in some pretty close games.

And as for Sonic V. ROB, I see that MU ALL the time (just look at my states PR) and ROB definitely has an advantage. X is definitely a bit better than Lada, but when Lada is on his game, he can shut down X.
In my defense, I ran it back and conquered. :ganondorf:

I've never played Sonic, so I can't say how badly Sonic loses, but I can say that having played a lot of the good ROBs in and out of the country (Jamnt0ast, Lada, t0mmy, Ocean, etc.), Ganon's at the bottom of -3 or top of -2 against him.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
****ing hell, this thread:

"I think this."

"No, I think this."

Repeat ad infinitum. It's not even a debate, it's simply thousands of isolated conflicting opinions. With no rationale provided whatsoever.

Naridax

Smash Journeyman
Charlottesville, VA (UVA) / Virginia Beach, VA
^ actually Japan only had one top level ROB who quit
This guy's pretty good too.

Did Ocean quit or are you saying this statement because you lack knowledge? A couple of days ago you said Delfino Plaza was outlawed in all of Europe. Incredibely false statement, which was confirmed by Gheb/T.

According to Unneurotic, Ocean quit ROB for Metaknight quite a while ago. Not sure if he quit entirely though.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I don't see how :pikachu2: beats :rob:. The normal traits :pikachu2: has that gives him advantages are cg and ability to outcamp/outlast opponents. The only matchups :pikachu2: seems to lose involve being outranged (:metaknight:, :lucario:, :diddy:, etc). I just know Esam consistently loses to 8bitman with :pikachu2:.

Lol no

I haven't lost a game to 8bitman in tournament since like...last winter. The MU is *** for ROB because Pikachu can just juggle him forever, edgeguard him, and just a lot of free pokes OR overwhelm with speed.

Back to unsubbing from this thread since it's ***.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
joe esam does not lose to 8bitman anymore lol. that was literally one time
Esam has only lost one set before, but I heard and saw posts that showed/said whenever they play it always goes to third game and Esam usually switches to :popo: to win the set. Correct me if I'm wrong though!

Edit: Thanks for clarification Eric.

:phone:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Ocean did not probably enter more than 1 tournament after Apex. He's not the only top level ROB player in Japan though. Europe doesn't have a top level ROB player but numerous mid- to high-mid level ROBs such as GoldenIke, ccst, Nintenpro or Jmiller. The only characters that are played on 'top' level in Europe are Marth, Wario, Pit, ZSS, Samus and - if you're generous - Diddy and Falco. Everything else isn't played on top level here.

As for ROB, Ocean, Luminous and Holy are the only ROB players that are really capeable of beating top level players unless the match-up simply doesn't allow them to. The rest of the ROB players is for all intents and purposes quite irrelevant.

:059:

Flayl

Smash Hero
The last time Blistering Speed complained about people not backing up their opinions he literally started his post with "Empirically..." and then did not provide any links to sources or studies

so

yeah

Steam

Smash Hero
pikachu really ****s on RoB's gigantic frame and bad shield.

ALSO THERE'S A SLEEPER TOP ROB IN COLORADO NAMED BEES. I'VE HEARD HE'S PRETTY GOOD. HE ALSO THINKS ROB IS TERRIBLE. but not as terrible as PMC thinks he is...

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Bees is pretty good. He just is unfortunately in a bad region lol.

I can't read Gheb's avatar, but want to. "Happy Mondays _______"?

PMC66

Smash Journeyman

Also, what reason does :rob: beat :lucas:? I've never seen this matchup played out. Mekos/Stingers namesearch?

I can make outlandish/bold claims and I feel they will hold true when the time permits. The :zerosuitsamus:/:rob: matchup was me forgetting the infinite/he can't camp :zerosuitsamus: well.

:sonic: mains are so hopeful to the point it confuses me. :sonic: loses to a lot of characters, but the :sonic:s (Outside of Meek) can't accept his losing matchups.

Delfino plaza is traditionally illegal in my home region UK though some tournies do have it selectable recently salty run backs has had it legal , most EU stage lists are mainly neutrals, i'm sure there are some other places in Europe that keep it legal, though i don't know of any i never mentioned anything about the stage.

BTW your attempts to discredit me with other things i've supposedly said or been wrong about does not change the fact that you have egg on your face because a 'wifi brawler' knew more about a character than you clearlly did :p. We all make mistakes, it's how we learn, well it's how i learn i make plenty of them lol xP

I didn't know Luminous was from Japan, I don't tend to see him mentioned much i think he only gets like the 30s overall in nationals but i'm not saying that as any form of fact i genuinely have no clue about him lol...

*goes to watch vids

Sonic does loose most matchups but for the most part his matchups are perfectly winnable he's a good character not so much because of whats on paper but what you can apply in practice

Time permits eh? most of these matchup comments about ROB would have only have held up 2-3 years ago.

Lucas looses to ROB for one pure and simple reason. ROB out ranges him, same with mario and Luigi ROB can keep Lucas out pretty well, and his fast oos options and good shield mean he can give Lucas some hefty troubles. it's +1 mainly because neither side has to aproach but ROB's superior range means he can keep Lucas out efficiently.

pika beats rob stage control and better damage out put from u-airs as well as thunder making rob recovering awkward off stage.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
OThe only characters that are played on 'top' level in Europe are Marth, Wario, Pit, ZSS, Samus and - if you're generous - Diddy and Falco. Everything else isn't played on top level here.
Uh, Peach?
Leon's Peach seems pretty good to me.

And I don't think you'd have to be generous to consider Diddy one of the few played at top level in Europe. LP's pretty damn good

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
The most impressive thing Bees! has ever done in video games is a Spider Man combo video for ultimate marvel, he should stick with that game.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123

I told you on facebook.
Here are some matches of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuPZHp_1YwA (Most recent)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyVq5wLStlQ

-1 or 0 for lucas

True Rob outranges us but unlike lucario, once inside we can stay inside. The only good option Rob has once we are inside is to Down smash. This can be used to our advantage though as this is a heavy habit for most Robs (Dsmash out of shield). We can "bait and punish" this.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I don't see whats so hopeful about the thought of Sonic beating, going even with or losing slightly to another mid tier.

I could accept a -1 based on the one common occurrence of Sonic vs ROB (in Utah), but -2 is like putting it in the same league as MK, Olimar, Falco, Lucario etc. Unless ofcourse you feel those would be -3.

crifer

Smash Lord
I never heard of any european tournament which has delfino banned.
And I´m pretty sure I was at more tournaments than you have PMC whatever, since I´ve never heard of you. To be fair I have only been to german torunaments, but afaik france and netherlands have delfino not banned (since UK´s scene pretty much died with CRZ, Calzors, Anaky and Kasper quitting... Europe´s smash scene is mostly active in netherlands, germany and france [maybe spain, portugal]).

Flayl

Smash Hero
Nope, Portugal's is dead since the beginning of 2011, I just post because I live in denial.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Ohhh now I get it. Because Junebug and Pink Fresh are bad and they clearly don't learn, their accomplishments don't count. So people who aren't the super #1 top player of their character are automatically not viable examples of MUs. Now I see what you are bluntly saying, because it wasn't apparent before.

FYI: The fact that you're being blunt, doesn't negate the fact that you're being an ***.
There are plenty of top players that don't learn **** immediately. People have problems in different areas and it takes Work to get over that hump, even for the best. The greatest example is m2k who consistently has had different problem mu's over the years, and then puts in MASSIVE work studying and practicing. But it took him quite a long time before he started putting in those hours.

Mekos is actually right even if it's presented wrong

That logic doesn't hold true, so I agree with your sarcasm. At one point, Mike was regarded as being better than me overall with Marth, but he wasn't as good at the Olimar match up as I was (he would lose to RB/Anuar while I could still beat them with Marth.)

However, I'm pretty sure Mekos is far and away the best Lucas main. Like, by a long shot, I don't think any other Lucas comes close, so that's also worth a mention, so his input regarding each match up involving Lucas certainly holds some weight.
this

A lot of Mekos points about the MU are tr
ue though. Lingering attacks that also outrange Lucas is a hard thing to deal with. Grab release CG hurts and gives Lucario free way to unstale his moves, the only plus side really looks like killing Lucario early with Fsmash bat if you can land it, or possibly some edge guard. It doesn't look like an even or close to even MU.
this

Lmao @ orion if he doesn't choke, too bad the guy chokes 99 % of the time
No johns. Just gotta get better.

And honestly, I really think it's just zone out // lose focus rather than choke. Crowds haven't really bothered me since the first german tournament I went to.

Lol, link me to any recent big tournament results which show any of those 5 doing better than ROB.
Many of those characters, despite being inconsistent which is the nature of the tier itself have put out consistent results at events over the years.

If anything :rob: should be on the same level as :wolf:/:fox:.

^
:rob:'s matchups with HT:
:metaknight:: -3
:snake:: 0 or -1
:falco:: -1 or -2
:zerosuitsamus:: -1
:dedede:: -3
:popo:: 0 or +1
:marth:: 0
:wario:: 0 or -1
:pikachu2:: 0 or +1
:diddy:: 0
:lucario:: 0
:toonlink:: 0
:olimar:: -1

That's not a bad spread at all...

Your opinion is horrible..... LMAO

like even if PMC or w/e posts horrible arguments, or tends to exaggerate opinions, his MU chart looks better imo.

Doesn't :ike: lose just as bad as :rob: to :dedede: and gets **** on completely by :olimar:?

Not arguing :ike:'s validity. Just saying he isn't as good as :rob:, but I'm sure most people agree with that lol.

Lie vs Stingers. Then again...Have you lost to/beat Stingers?

omg joe

Fine, let me rephrase it.

Link me a tournament under the standard tournament ruleset that the tier list is actually based on that also has a good rob player in attendance in which any of those 5 characters did better.
Link me to like any tournament where a good rob and a good anything went. Wtf, like the data your asking for in itself is an outlier LMAO

I don't see how :zerosuitsamus: could +3 anyone outside of LT's. Also added to the fact that there is no way she's as bad as :dedede:/:metaknight: for :rob:.

joe plz

I disagree with everyone saying that DDD/ROB is terrible. ROB can time him out so easily it's stupid.
no..... unless theres no LGL. platform camping will not work.

robs dair isnt threatening at all. hitbox is smaller than the graphic.
It beats gaw nair vertically though O_o

Most robs have argued that Marth vs rob was even. Some even argued Marth took it which I thought was stupid.

Robs problem s that his best stuff is easily telegraphed, he can't kill and he just kinda uses his range to swat you back. He lacks the other attributes that footsie based chars have. He doesn't have dk level damage with high risk high reward, lucarios combo ability, or Marths ability to set up trap situations consistently. Also his best poke is unsafe even when fully spaced. He is kinda linear too.

Idk there are just better choices if you want a a char based on pokes and solid space control.

this

yeah that's kinda true
Knowlege to be arguing with YOU? The person who thinks :mario2: has more potential and mixups then :lucas:...? GG me.

..... you think ROB is evenish with ZSS and diddy.

-dead-

joe esam does not lose to 8bitman anymore lol. that was literally one time
yes

joe plz

I never heard of any european tournament which has delfino banned.
And I´m pretty sure I was at more tournaments than you have PMC whatever, since I´ve never heard of you. To be fair I have only been to german torunaments, but afaik france and netherlands have delfino not banned (since UK´s scene pretty much died with CRZ, Calzors, Anaky and Kasper quitting... Europe´s smash scene is mostly active in netherlands, germany and france [maybe spain, portugal]).
Netherlands is actually dead. They don't have tournaments. Last year it was making it, but the last 12 months, it is literally dead.

Pretty sure delfino is not regularly on in Holland, either that or people always ban it vs me forget LMAO

either way don't expect to see that ish

Nope, Portugal's is dead since the beginning of 2011, I just post because I live in denial.
LOL

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Uh, Peach?
Leon's Peach seems pretty good to me.

And I don't think you'd have to be generous to consider Diddy one of the few played at top level in Europe. LP's pretty damn good
You're right about Peach, I forgot about that.

I can agree with the Diddy / Lp thing ... but I'm generally rather reluctant to call players 'top level' ... if we take the gameplay of ADHD's prime, Gano's prime and Gnes MLG finals performance as examples of how devastatingly powerful Diddy can be ... I'm not sure whether Lp qualifies as a top level player in comparison. I guess I should be more generous in that regard though considering how much flak I've gotten for calling MVD a mediocre Snake lol

:059:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I told you on facebook.
Here are some matches of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuPZHp_1YwA (Most recent)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyVq5wLStlQ

-1 or 0 for lucas

True Rob outranges us but unlike lucario, once inside we can stay inside. The only good option Rob has once we are inside is to Down smash. This can be used to our advantage though as this is a heavy habit for most Robs (Dsmash out of shield). We can "bait and punish" this.
Don't many ROBs have a thing with ledges, actually?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom