• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v6

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronSoul89

Smash Rookie
wow. how long do we seriously have to wait for the rob write up? so many people have asked for it, still nothing outside of DK
I myself am curious to hear about Kirby's fall from grace. I remember when he was in the A tier. I don't use him, so I have no idea what that's about.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
o u rite

which i still hold to!

until i play you, this will always be the case

or maybe i'll still think it and just think you a phenomenal player

(this is infinitely more likely)
I'm TELLING you--

You'll see the magic happen. You'll probably call me a great player, but you'll probably also say, "Wow, that Squirtle character is pretty awesome, and the other two don't hold him back nearly as much as I thought."

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Squirtle's ground game is ridiculous, though. As embarrassing as it sounds, I've only just now understood what turns shellshifting from a movement gimmick to a real killer app. At a rather large part of it (basically, at any point where he's moving in the opposite direction), Squirtle is in the equivalent of a neutral animation while still sliding. You can change the distance of the slide by doing an action at different times during the shellshift.

Basically, you can do a Jab (frame 1 and beats spotdodges), shield (frame 1 and beats general attacks via shieldgrab), F-Tilt (which stops all sliding at once and stuffs a ton of things) or a Hydrograb (which covers all the distances where a person could shield your jab or F-Tilt).

It's made even more unpredictable by shellstalling, but, even without that, you have an amazing mix-up game that puts major pressure on an approaching opponent. It allows for slow movement forward, so it can be used offensively, but it's MUCH better when simply trying to keep the lead. It's so difficult to get around. With enough experience with it, you should be able to simply pick the safest option based on character and positioning, and it will take nothing short of a hard read to get you.

I wish I could make a video describing it. All the shellshifting stuff that's been out (which is between 2008 and 2009) didn't do it justice at all. Either way, Squirtle has become better, for sure.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
My only beef with this list is that Marth is NOT 5th. Olimar is by far better, with possible Pika/Wario/ICies above him as well. I'd probably put Marth 7th at best. Marth just doesnt have the results and is easilly outshined by Oli. Irrelevant, but I also heard Oli is #2 on the Japanese tier list.

Imo: :metaknight: > :diddy: > :snake: > :falco: > :olimar: > :wario: > :marth: > :popo: > :pikachu2:

GI Josh

Smash Journeyman
Dang, it's legitly been forever since I've been on here lol
But I guess one thing hasn't changed: MK is still bossing it up

IMO though, the tier list really, really doesn't matter at all. What matters is the player behind the character. That makes the biggest difference. Once again, just my opinion, and seeing how I've been pretty much gone from the competitive smash community for the better part of 3 years, my knowledge and experience is waaaaay out of date lol

Fuujin

Smash Champion
IMO though, the tier list really, really doesn't matter at all. What matters is the player behind the character. That makes the biggest difference. Once again, just my opinion, and seeing how I've been pretty much gone from the competitive smash community for the better part of 3 years, my knowledge and experience is waaaaay out of date lol
Dat casual player mentality.

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
I found out what the 7th Brawl tier list is: Doc King's amazing Dedede techniques shine as Dedede actually rises for once, and Sonic is now upper-mid tier, among other interesting character placements. Read on.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
- "Jigglypuff's moves are also just as or more powerful than Mr. Game & Watch's. The only thing Mr. Game & Watch can do well that Jigglypuff can't is rack up damage, flip sausages and throw oil."
- "Peach should be in the top tier not MetaKnight, because MK has way to many drawbacks! Why do you guys place MK so high, he's a mid tier smasher!"
- "I think Link should be higher, because people aren't really playing as the MAIN CHARACTER, i.e. Link. Link should be 2nd Tier on SSB64, 1st Tier on SSBM, and 1st on SSBB (No one but me knows MK sucks). Link is flexible, fast, strong, GWP*, and has an FS that kills. (Unlike the rest)"
- "Pikachu should be #7 because he has an awesome down special: his Thunder blot."
- "Fox is in Marth's place because I now finally realize that he's very good in Boss Battles (I beated Boss Battles in 3 minutes with him, breaking the previous world record)."
- "To get more positive reviews, I've switched Captain Falcon and Snake's positions. Captain Falcon is now higher and I've swapped Link and Jigglypuff's places."
- "Well, Charizard does have AMAZING power but I put King Dedede in the top spot because he's my favorite character in Brawl."

I cried

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I'm already mad that ZSS is 1 spot below Dedede in the real tier list
Seeing her 22 spots below him makes me want to BURN EVERYTHING

And who the **** has Dedede as their favourite character? I mean I know favourites are completely up to player preference and everything, but REALLY? That ugly piece of ****? That's like saying Krillin is your favourite DBZ character.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Even though it's really really really fake and dumb you just can't help but laugh. :3

Also no one "favorites", or even "mains" Dedede for that matter.

Doc King

Smash Lord
I found out what the 7th Brawl tier list is: Doc King's amazing Dedede techniques shine as Dedede actually rises for once, and Sonic is now upper-mid tier, among other interesting character placements. Read on.
See, whats gonna happen is that CO18 will go to Apex 2012 and he'll make King Dedede shine in tourney play by using my techniques along with the other techniques King Dedede has to him. And then we'll throw in a party in the Dedede BR. Also from that link, you can see M2K rage quitting over losing to CO18 by getting plank punished by a Gordo.
Any new techniques discovered for Dedede will only bring him lower
Dedede is garbage
Umad?

I'm already mad that ZSS is 1 spot below Dedede in the real tier list
Seeing her 22 spots below him makes me want to BURN EVERYTHING

And who the **** has Dedede as their favourite character? I mean I know favourites are completely up to player preference and everything, but REALLY? That ugly piece of ****? That's like saying Krillin is your favourite DBZ character.
Doc King the Dedede inventor, Technical Chase the Dedede Smash Boards mod, Supreme Dirt the mk ban discussion creator, Chris the Dedede back room creator, Dewdadash, CO18, King Dedede (On AllisBrawl), Omega Tyrant (Deviantart tourney host), etc.

Even though it's really really really fake and dumb you just can't help but laugh. :3

Also no one "favorites", or even "mains" Dedede for that matter.
Read this post above please. ^ Thanks.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
@ Doc King
Lol. I was just talking ****, but I do think DDD is overrated. I would probably put him under where Fox/Wolf currently is. It's just the idea of "Dedede is better than Fox" sounds ridiculous to me.
Btw I live in Supreme Dirt's region.

Doc King

Smash Lord
DON'T TELL HIM!!

plz
too late :laugh:

The stuff was erased and then put back on. You gotta admit though, that tier list is complete trash. I mean putting characters high just because you main someone isn't a legit reason to put someone that high. imo, King Dedede is pretty close with Lucario on the Version 6 BBR Tier list, both have very good techniques but have some weaknesses that sut them down from becoming top tier.

If Marth was switched with charizard, it would probably be safe to call this Wario's matchup chart.

Doc King

Smash Lord
@ Doc King
Lol. I was just talking ****, but I do think DDD is overrated. I would probably put him under where Fox/Wolf currently is. It's just the idea of "Dedede is better than Fox" sounds ridiculous to me.
Btw I live in Supreme Dirt's region.
Sorry about that lol. Well, I still think that Dedede should stay a high tier because he has a lot of broken combos, good survivalbility, beasty followups, etc. but doesn't go top or God tier because of being a big target for juggles, combos, and chain grabs.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
You know das right lol
Not really, no. In any other fighting game, sure, but in Brawl the tier / character gap is too ****ing big. You'll never see a mid / low / bottom tier character taking a noteworthy tournament because they're clearly worse than the higher ups (oh and LOL Metaknight invalidates like 95% of the tier list anyway)

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
why do people still mention CO18 as a notable D3? he hasn't done ANYTHING in like over a year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom