• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
If they didn't use MK, they probably would have been up there anyways.

Seriously, those were some top players there. It wasn't unusual.
How do you know?

Whether they were the best players or not, 6/8 felt the need to use MK to advance in the bracket.
The metagame is over-centralised around him :/

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Other characters being less viable is because other characters suck. Not because MK is a god.

tonrobo

Smash Rookie
Why Luigi fell 4 positions?

I can't fathom, why Luigi fell 4 levels in the list. His a very good character, with potential to be in the 18/19 position of the Tier List. Is this only 'cause he suffer from an infinite chain grab from King Dedede?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I can't fathom, why Luigi fell 4 levels in the list. His a very good character, with potential to be in the 18/19 position of the Tier List. Is this only 'cause he suffer from an infinite chain grab from King Dedede?
Luigi can't do anything against an opponent who just runs away from him. He's too slow, and can't catch them without reading their movements incredibly well.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Good arguments from both sides, but I think there should be an official ban for the next 2 months, just to see if people feel it's healthier.

Think of it as Suspect Testing in Pokemon. You remove the suspect to see if the metagame is healthier with or without it. So far, we've only thoroughly tested the with, so...why not the without?

It doesn't have to be about MK being too good. It can be about him being unhealthy.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
How do you know?

Whether they were the best players or not, 6/8 felt the need to use MK to advance in the bracket.
Maybe because I know and recognize all the names of the top 8? Because they've been widely recognized as amazing players for a long time? Because I've played a good majority of those players, MK or not, and I know they were better than the people I played and outplaced?

I'm pretty pro-ban, but using Ktar's top 8 results to support it is silly. It was a STACKED tournament. If some mid level MK randomly made his way up there to top 8 at KTAR, THEN there'd be a problem. But that wasn't the case.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Not necessarily. It certainly doesn't mean that RC/Brinstar are the only reasons that MK is dominant, but it doesn't mean that things aren't improved with one or the other gone. It'd be a purely subjective thing, but players may not have felt as though they were being cheated out of a game by that combination.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
The problem I have with the ban RC/Brinstar vs ban MK thing is this:

RC/Brinstar would be banned due to MK being there, and without them, MK still dominates. With MK out of the picture, both are great and viable stages.

Now, if MK was banned, there is no reason other than the character itself's over-domination with no outside factors.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
June didn't get ***** game 3... it was pretty close.
*shrugs* wasn't my point. I was hyped for june after game 1 and then that hyped got killed.
Well M2K lost to june so same difference of Anti doing better
Thank you. you knew what i meant =/
How do you know?

Yes it is focused on mk. :x
He's a good character. Why wouldn't they?
That's the sad unfortunate truth...and the reason a temp ban should be done at least
That's the point.....

MK's that much better than the rest of the cast that not using him is becoming less and less of a viable option.
Exactly.
Except when you're in KS, MK sucks. wait wut?
Lol what?
Other characters being less viable is because other characters suck. Not because MK is a god.
Uh no. I usually agree with you DMG but this is wrong. Other characters don't suck. Other characters suck VS METAKNIGHT. That's what is wrong. And it's stupd that it ruins any amount of strategic depth this game COULD have. And ruins variety.
Luigi can't do anything against an opponent who just runs away from him. He's too slow, and can't catch them without reading their movements incredibly well.
Poor wiigii. I feel so sorry for him.
Good arguments from both sides, but I think there should be an official ban for the next 2 months, just to see if people feel it's healthier.

Think of it as Suspect Testing in Pokemon. You remove the suspect to see if the metagame is healthier with or without it. So far, we've only thoroughly tested the with, so...why not the without?

It doesn't have to be about MK being too good. It can be about him being unhealthy.
EXACTLY!!! I just don't see why *****es be whining about a temp ban. Though i feel 2 months is a bit too little. I personally believe that AFTER APEX we should have a 6 month ban. With that amount of time there would be quite a sufficient amount of data especially with John and Ripple lately. There would be no way to refute evidence. LET'S DO IT PPL! Momentary AINT THAT BAD EH?
Omg thisssssssssssssssssssss

Smooth Criminal
No.

Maybe because I know and recognize all the names of the top 8? Because they've been widely recognized as amazing players for a long time? Because I've played a good majority of those players, MK or not, and I know they were better than the people I played and outplaced?

I'm pretty pro-ban, but using Ktar's top 8 results to support it is silly. It was a STACKED tournament. If some mid level MK randomly made his way up there to top 8 at KTAR, THEN there'd be a problem. But that wasn't the case.
Yaaaa it was. Ktar looked amazing.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Ok so I'm just wondering, I know there's some sort of no no about making 'MK ban threads' or something so I'll ask here

This is purely out of interest as I already have my own opinion on MK

Instead of people going on about why he should be banned

Can people tell me why he SHOULDN'T be banned?

FEFIZ

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3325-4003-4948
lool yeah HSUAHSUASHA xD Marth 5# thanks god!

ADHD > M2K in RC, I like RC. Ban Brinstar no RC xD

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ok so I'm just wondering, I know there's some sort of no no about making 'MK ban threads' or something so I'll ask here

This is purely out of interest as I already have my own opinion on MK

Instead of people going on about why he should be banned

Can people tell me why he SHOULDN'T be banned?
Cause he is the savior we don't deserve... The protector we need... The guardian of the streets...

He is... the Dark Knight.

Burden of proof. That's why.

(Frankly, though, I still wouldn't mind seeing this question answered, as Ripple/John's stats could be cited as proof...)
WHAT U TALKIN BOUT WILLIS

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I wonder if Ivysaur's U-Tilt has a place in matchups where characters like to jump around him, like Wario.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Ivysaur balances itself on its vines and moves up the tier list before falling back down. this attack can also be used to dodge some low tiers.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
now that it is mentioned, don't let it die. here are the ONLY reasons we haven't banned MK

1. we don't like change

2. we are afraid certain people will quit brawl until he is unbanned

3. he is almost considered easier on some neutrals

4. no region except those people in the norcal community (shoutouts to my old homeland btw) have the balls to run both mk banned and normal tourneys.

5. people feel it would be unfair to ban MK and just leave those mk mains without their character.

6. the bbr-rc doesn't have the balls to do a temp ban.

and that about sums it up. i wonder who is gonna infract me this time, twinkie or shaya. twinkie only infracts me when im drunk so far so im feeling that shaya will be the one to suppress the truth. but only time will tell

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
It isn't a matter of suppressing the truth. You act like I'm anti-ban or something.
Please stop being so immature about this. This isn't the topic for it.

Also it is apparent you're not stating anything that hasn't been said about 50 times before (no exaggeration, it's likely LARGER).
Please just grow up.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
Dear Maharba the Mystic,

You have received a 1 point infraction at Smash World Forums for Minor Spam. If you have six or more infraction points, you will no longer be able to post at Smash World Forums until some of your points expire.

For a full explanation of the rules and a detailed list of infractions, please review the Global Rules.

Original Post:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=13193053

Quote:
now that it is mentioned, don't let it die. here are the ONLY reasons we haven't banned MK

1. we don't like change

2. we are afraid certain people will quit brawl until he is unbanned

3. he is almost considered easier on some neutrals

4. no region except those people in the norcal community (shoutouts to my old homeland btw) have the balls to run both mk banned and normal tourneys.

5. people feel it would be unfair to ban MK and just leave those mk mains without their character.

6. the bbr-rc doesn't have the balls to do a temp ban.

and that about sums it up. i wonder who is gonna infract me this time, twinkie or shaya. twinkie only infracts me when im drunk so far so im feeling that shaya will be the one to suppress the truth. but only time will tell
If you have a question about this infraction, please contact the moderator who issued it. If that does not resolve the issue, visit Forum Support.

Remember that, unless specified otherwise, all infractions expire.

All the best,
the Smash World Forums staff

lol. called it. suppressing maharba. *chortles at the fact that i called it*

EDIT:

got another infraction from shaya just now for trolling. i legitimately call power abuse right there.

oh i mean, mk is legit and we shouldn't talk about banning him and shaya is the greatest mod ever and watch im probably gonna get another infraction for pointing out power abuse.
lolololol

double edit:

*grabs 2 more beers from fridge*

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Stop Maharba.

Whatever his stance is has no bearing on the forum rules. I am notoriously pro ban but I still uphold the forum rules for not talking about it.

So don't call this mod abuse, and be a lot more careful when you post drunk.

Next ban discussion or anything about mod policy gets this thread locked, take it to the social group or somewhere else.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
well alright, just because you said so ryu as you are one of the veeery few mods i actually have respect for.

okay legit question then

are they going to do some character specific updates after apex rolls around. i would after genesis and if we continue to rock at apex that pit would get raised up to that TL ZSS area like he deserves imo. but come on, at least put us above DK and kirby, it's insulting.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
A new tier list is a ways away for now, since we go off a 9 month interval.

A new version of the MU will be out before then though.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
good. hey how does one get involved in the MU discussions for that chart? there are a few MUs that i would love to give my opinion on but i don't want my information to get lost among the mu thread. also i want to hear their responses. i am known for having actual knowledge on a lot of pit's MUs on our board so when you guys discuss pit please bring me in on it. i know yall have koolaid and krystedez but dez is still new to pit and there are MUs i have experiance in that koolaid probably doesn't have as much in, albeit he is the better player. but keep me in mind as an option especially for all spacies (falco especially) and some of the more obscure MUs like g&w and TL. and i definately wanna lay out some info for the snake MU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom