• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judo777

Smash Master
iono if that makes it best though, i guess it depends on the moveset, but some characters with slow jumps and quick aerials have the luxury of being able to retreat aerials UP
No no JUST looking at the jumps. Moveset doesn't matter when determining how good your jump is. Zss' DJ aerials are better than sheiks because her DJ is almost as good and her aerials are way better, but Sheiks DJ is better.

Oh Zss' DJ is really close to being as good as the others I listed, shes just a tad short. Rob's is up there too.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Sonic's bad match ups are all wiped out by Meta Knight (and those MUs are beginning to arguably be not as bad as originally thought), and his other two somewhat troublesome match ups (Falco and Lucario) are incredibly scarce. Beyond that, Falco and Lucario are among the characters whom I feel don't initially trouble Sonic as much as I previously thought.

In other words, Sonic does just fine in the current meta because he really doesn't have much to worry about. He has losing match ups, but at this point in time I don't really believe there's a single match up that blocks his success aside from a planking/scrooging/camping Meta Knight.

So I guess yes, I feel like Sonic can handle his difficult MUs to a better degree than Peach can.

Coney

Smash Master
falco's first jump never fails to piss me off

for a character with such a **** recovery, that ***hole can jump

Judo777

Smash Master
falco's first jump never fails to piss me off

for a character with such a **** recovery, that ***hole can jump
yea falco easily has the highest full hop. And its as fast as sheiks to boot.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Lololol
Snake's jumps are so bad, he can't even get on top of the lower BF platforms from a fullhop. He has to either fair or bair (and I think uair too not sure though).

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It should be true, zak.
Snake's full jump is hilariously stubby and bad.

Then again, that's a good thing for him. He is destined to fight grounded.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Yeah, when I first noticed how bad his FH was, I thought
"Holy ****. I think that's actually shorter than ZSS' shorthop"
It's not worse, though. It goes slightly higher. That's still saying a lot, though XD

Tesh

Smash Hero
*baits snake into double jumping to reach low platform*
*shuttle loop*

I learned something today.

How do I get a Snake to jump on a platform though?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Sonic's bad match ups are all wiped out by Meta Knight (and those MUs are beginning to arguably be not as bad as originally thought), and his other two somewhat troublesome match ups (Falco and Lucario) are incredibly scarce. Beyond that, Falco and Lucario are among the characters whom I feel don't initially trouble Sonic as much as I previously thought.

In other words, Sonic does just fine in the current meta because he really doesn't have much to worry about. He has losing match ups, but at this point in time I don't really believe there's a single match up that blocks his success aside from a planking/scrooging/camping Meta Knight.

So I guess yes, I feel like Sonic can handle his difficult MUs to a better degree than Peach can.
I like how Yoshi has the exact same trouble characters as Sonic, and for the same reasons. I feel like, aside from the last sentence of paragraph 1 (they havent gotten any easier for us), you could change every instance of the word Sonic to Yoshi, and it would be 100% correct.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Except Yoshi has another problem in his shield, and has no immediate OoS option.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I like how Yoshi has the exact same trouble characters as Sonic, and for the same reasons. I feel like, aside from the last sentence of paragraph 1 (they havent gotten any easier for us), you could change every instance of the word Sonic to Yoshi, and it would be 100% correct.
What do you mean they haven't gotten any easier for us? We haven't had discussions on them recently, but I know for a fact that I've found ways to push the Lucario MU closer to even from our original "lol get dookied on" ratio. I've mentioned this before, as well.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I think in the next tier list, sonic will be 5 places higher and peach will only move down one spot.

D

Deleted member

All aboard the Sonic train again...

Except not. Let's talk about :kirby2:. What has he been up to lately?

juiey2

Smash Cadet
Personally, i don't believe in tiers.
If metaknight was out(not going to discuss that), tiers wouldn't matter.
Because the tiers are based in tournaments, wtf dude? why you backroomers can't make a tier based on matchups? my god -.- don't tell me you did, ike went 2 positions up -.-

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Personally, i don't believe in tiers.
If metaknight was out(not going to discuss that), tiers wouldn't matter.
Because the tiers are based in tournaments, wtf dude? why you backroomers can't make a tier based on matchups? my god -.- don't tell me you did, ike went 2 positions up -.-
God I know!

****ing backroomers

D

Deleted member

Y.b.M. does consistently well in the Midwest.

Other than that, I don't know. I don't think he's bad, though.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
My Kirby partner hasn't been playing lately (hell, my whole region hasn't), so I don't know what's up with Kirby right now.

Hopefully I can give input in September.

D

Deleted member

Last couple tourneys I've seen him at he only used Kirby.

You'll be seeing him soon, Espy.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
What do you mean they haven't gotten any easier for us? We haven't had discussions on them recently, but I know for a fact that I've found ways to push the Lucario MU closer to even from our original "lol get dookied on" ratio. I've mentioned this before, as well.
I meant more number wise. Sonic's MU's have been increasing full numbers, ours have just been like, 'oh look, its lower on that number.'

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
There's no real difference between the two. Are you saying Sonic's good MUs are getting better for him? That's not as important imo as having bad MUs get easier.

As a numerical example, I believe that going from +1 to +2 is less important than going from, as in Lucario's example, -3 to -2.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I think he meant Sonic's matchups are becoming so much easier that he's getting those number changes (-3 to -2 or -2 to -1), while Yoshi's matchups are only becoming easier while still remaining at the same number.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
What Crimson said.

I was more or less saying Sonic's improving far more than we are, that's it. Never meant we arent getting better.

And I dare you to say Lucario isnt -3. Falco was already -2, so there is NO WAY he's -1. Im sorry, but those numbers arent changing THATS MY POINT.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Lucario is too bad a character to +3 anybody outside of bottom tier imo. I don't think his character design allows for such dominance against any characters except Falcon and Ganondorf.

:059:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom