• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I'm chill with this list but just wait till the salt be coming to this thread several pages from now, the salt will be coming round the mountain in this thread.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I'm really surprised Olimar didn't move above IC's or even at all with the recent results he's been bringing in, along with Pikachu...

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
DESIRRRRRRE!

Falcon has absolutely no reason to be a tier better than Ganon. Whether he's better than Jigglypuff is debateable, but to have him better than Link, an entire tier better than Link, in fact, is just horribly, horribly wrong.

In terms of characters that actually matter, the tier divisions look really good, within the tiers there may be some argument (like Kirby over Pit and ROB), but the actual tier markers are pretty spot on.

Can we have this for Jigglypuff pls?

Laem

Smash Champion
Was kinda hoping for more rumble in the top tier.
But this list be pretty gooood.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Diddy and Fox still riding those hype trains eh? They'll come down eventually.

At least Wolf is back to be around the same position as Fox I guess...and nothing stupid happened like moving them to high tier. Also glad to see Jigglypuff drop like she should.

Gotta say, I don't understand DK rising at all. Looking forwards to that explanation...and why Yoshi only moved up one spot...and why PT didn't drop to low...and even though I agree with it I'm also looking forwards to Luigi's explanation.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Lucario is better than D3? and PKMN trainer is worse than yoshi? Something seems fishy about this teir list. And look at luigi spot. They obviously screwed up the mid-tier. The high+ and low tiers look as they should though.

link2702

Smash Champion
wow...really pit mains start camping and planking more(quit with those fancy but useless arrow tricks)

seriously...there is no reason for pit to be that low, I know he's a better character then that, and ya'll know he's a better character then that.

Pit mains...start showing up to tournaments, start actually camping, start plankng, learn how to handle that one sided meta matchup(somehow...) start doing somethign, there is no excuse for him to be that low.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
probably because I voted lucario above olimar

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
wow...really pit mains start camping and planking more(quit with those fancy but useless arrow tricks)

seriously...there is no reason for pit to be that low, I know he's a better character then that, and ya'll know he's a better character then that.

Pit mains...start showing up to tournaments, start actually camping, start plankng, learn how to handle that one sided meta matchup(somehow...) start doing somethign, there is no excuse for him to be that low.
He's so...plain, though. He's not that special. He's hanging out with characters comparable to him now, I feel.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I remember when Pit was first announced and I saw his move set and saw in in videos, I thought "this guy is going to be high tier undoubtedly and likely really annoying to play against." Only one of those predictions came true, it seems.

It's hard to talk about Pit's tier placement, because I just don't think we have a Pit player that we can say is a top-level player. I think it's easiest to say this about Pit of the entire cast, actually.

The issue is that we have a dozen high-mid level Pit players and none of them manage to make any sort of statement about their character's viability with placings. Pit has about 100 Kismets but no DEHFs. Is that because all of your DEHFs play another character? Does Pit have the same problem Marth has relative to Meta Knight? I would argue that he probably does, but it doesn't matter at this point because he just isn't a factor at tournaments. No one ever worried about playing a good Pit.

Personally I just don't think he's that great. His aerials have a great deal of lag and aren't very flexible, one of his primary kill moves is a textbook lesson in SDI, two out of his three smashes are only good situationally and don't kill well, his specials are gimmicky and useful in only a handful of match-ups, his grab-range is terrible, and that's just the obvious stuff.

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
DDD is too low, Lucario sux compared, also marths risk/reward ratio is too low to motivate his spot. Sure he can perform awesome when played perfectly, but no one can play him perfectly and if he's not played perfectly he isn't all that good.

On the other hand DDD's r/r is pretty good with him being a heavy and decently hard hitting ****er. Add the fact that unlike Marth DDD is really easy to control giving you lots of spare mental power that you can use to outwit your opponent pretty much gets him into top tier above Lucario imo.

But then again there are a lack of DDD's around and no one has yet to play him as brilliantly as 9B did.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
D3 has god awful match ups with MK and high tier except for wario

Smoom77

Smash Master
I agree with Diddy's jump.
Marth should be lower than ICs.
ICs should be lower than Olimar.
Peach should switch with Fox.
Luigi and Sheik/Zelda should switch.

just my thoughts at first. may change as they put up character descriptions.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Wolf moving up had more to do with his results and matchups more then anything. He has always done well in the scene. Look at last weekend with me getting 3rd at some tourney and Kain/Holms getting 7th/5th at the same tourney.

People tried cp'ing Pikachu on me, but that didn't work out for them. Wolf only has problems with Cg Wario and D3. Everything else isn't that bad (Except Planking Mk obv).

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Because 0 to death infinites on every character are underpowered
Eh, ICs don't suck but playing them with consistency is asking a lot of the player. It has yet to really be shown that playing the ICs as well as we theorycraft them is reasonable. I said this once in the tier list 5 thread, but it might just be time to accept that they straddle the line of human capability. We have ICs players that practice with them a ton and play them all the time dropping grabs in high-level matches, and since most good characters are good at avoiding grabs, they might only get 1 a match if that.

I'm not saying the ICs aren't good. Forcing your opponent to play in a way that avoids grabs severely limits options and that's a really big deal.

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
I remember when Pit was first announced and I saw his move set and saw in in videos, I thought "this guy is going to be high tier undoubtedly and likely really annoying to play against." Only one of those predictions came true, it seems.
I remember when Sonic was announced, that's when I had a fit of rage which led into a stroke that put me in a comatose state for three weeks. Then I played against him and got a spasm in my left thumb out of sheer annoyance over how gay he was. The spasm never really went away, even today my right thumb aches constantly and is pretty stiff compared to my left one.

Since I am a construction worker I lost my job due to this. I could no longer perform simple tasks such as hammering a spike properly because of my weak grip. I lost the girl I was to marry (engaged for five years, great) since I had no motivation anymore and didn't leave the house for twelve months. A time after she left me I had a call girl over for just one night. Never thought I'd do something like that. Anyway it turns out I contracted Aids and the healthcare system sucks where I live so I can't no medicine because I don't have a job.

Everyday I feel the disease eating away at my body and my mind, all the while my thumb aches reminding me constantly of that day when i first played against Sonic, a character so gay he ruined my life. When I go to sleep I see myself running towards a light at the end of a long tunnel, all the people I met standing along the walls of the tunnel, all the places I've visited in my much to short life are projected across the roof, all the feelings I've ever felt rise to the surface all at once. For a moment I accept my fate and an inner peace settles my mind as I approach the light.

But then the light gets weaker, it begins to shrink, I realize it will soon vanish so I try to run faster but my legs are weak from disease. The people and the places and all emotions except those of panic, angst and despair vanish. I hear voice echoing across the soon to be completely empty cold black void of death: ''You're too slow!''. The light dies and then nothing.

That's why it pretty ****ed up that Sonic has risen two spots. :mad:

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
thank you thank you thank you BBR for finally exposing that Kirby is a **** character (Hahahaha, went from A tier to E!!!). I called he was going to keep dropping, and I was correct. All the good viable tourny characters **** on him, at high level he has hard time killing, grab combos are worthless on any competent player who can SDI, no safe approaches, moveset is shield grab bait he struggles against camping and sadly that's all what this horrible game is all about.

Speaking of dropping, this is exactly why I dropped Brawl, because none of my characters are viable (Kirby was my main). Having loads of fun with Bison in Super Street Fighter Four, which is a far more balanced game than this trash.... tiers only go down to C.

Well you kids continue to use your MKs and steal money. The damage has already been done. I can compile a list of people who dropped this game and moved on to MvC3, BB, or SF. Still, very good job on this list BBR. :)

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
thank you thank you thank you BBR for finally exposing that Kirby is a **** character (Hahahaha, went from A tier to E!!!). I called he was going to keep dropping, and I was correct. All the good viable tourny characters **** on him, at high level he has hard time killing, grab combos are worthless on any competent player who can SDI, no safe approaches, moveset is shield grab bait he struggles against camping and sadly that's all what this horrible game is all about.

Speaking of dropping, this is exactly why I dropped Brawl, because none of my characters are viable (Kirby was my main). Having loads of fun with Bison in Super Street Fighter Four, which is a far more balanced game than this trash.... tiers only go down to C.

Well you kids continue to use your MKs and steal money. The damage has already been done. I can compile a list of people who dropped this game and moved on to MvC3, BB, or SF. Still, very good job on this list BBR. :)
this is a combination of compliments to the bbr, hate on MK, and hate on brawl.

I'm impressed

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
This is the best and most accurate tier list to date imo. BBR gets a cookie :)

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
so liek, wolf got the biggest jump, diddy is 2nd, sonic and ike is movin up.........im lovin this (h)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771

Brawl is not significantly campier than Street Fighter. :/

That said, Kirby is bad because he's a character that does not reward creativity. He's also quite slow in the air. You can be an offensive character and succeed in this game.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
yeah bad air speed, forgot that. Was feeling it heavily when I used him in doubles and got knocked off the stage, partner was in trouble, even with hammer he's slow :( And I don't want to start a real fighting game vs a party game debate, but I will say that's simply not true, especially in AE.. it's far more rushdown oriented because the turtle characters like Guile, Honda ect received major nerfs. Also many fireball characters got nerfed like Ryu. But w/e this thread is about the list, which is very good!

Also kirby gets outclassed by Wario and MK too. And poor Jigglypuff gets outclassed by Kirby :(

BSP

Smash Legend
Sonic put in a lot a work for this "season" and basically didn't move

Little by little I guess.

I second what Gheb said. Marth rising and olimar not moving shouldn't have happened

stingers

Smash Obsessed
agreed @ DLA
falcon is NOT A GOOD CHARACTER
Ally is a good player, but falcon is god awful.
link >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> falcon
zelda >>>>>>>>> falcon
jiggs >>>>>>> falcon
ganon > falcon

D

Deleted member

Fox, Wolf, and Peach in their own tier, with Wolf right beside his beloved furry.

Justice has been done. :3

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
DK moving up? Agreed, GOOD **** BBR. That's as far as I'd put him though :(. also Falcon is so bad, how is he not hyrule++ tier :|

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
agreed @ DLA
falcon is NOT A GOOD CHARACTER
Ally is a good player, but falcon is god awful.
link >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> falcon
zelda >>>>>>>>> falcon
jiggs >>>>>>> falcon
ganon > falcon
I agree with this. If there was any criticism I would say bottom tier is a tad off, but hey. This is Brawl. No one gives a **** about those characters anyway.... :glare:

Again. Good stuff BBR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom