• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Can someone please explain to me the down fall of Dedede over Lucario?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Dedede has rather bad matchups against many of the high tiers, first and foremost.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I wholeheartedly agree.

Kirby is NOT crap. :c
Kewkky, you're a great guy, but you're not realistic when it comes to Kirby. At all. Neither is most of the people on the Kirby boards which is why I never went there even when I was active here. Kirby is bad in today's metagame. And I'm apparently not the only one who thinks so hence how he kept dropping with each tier list update.

Predicting Sonic will be over Kirby someday. Calling it now.

Sails

Smash Ace
Can someone please explain to me the down fall of Dedede over Lucario?
People don't fall for the chaingrabs anymore, the matchups he once had that were considered amazing are no longer as favorable for him, he's juggled and rushed down by plenty of the cast...

Lucario mains have been putting in work for him and showing off very viable potential for him, where Dedede mains have fallen off the radar.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I like how there's 30+ members viewing the thread and the salt still hasn't arrived.

Guys, Yoshi is mid tier.
We dun did it!

Ha ha ha ha ha! AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! i HONESTLY DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY TO THIS!
-Checks members online, See's Dark.Pch Online-

"Bet he's viewing the tierlist" -Illmatic latest post- "Yup..."

BSP

Smash Legend
What did :dk2: do that :sonic: didn't? I've got some :sonic: bias, i know, but almost 2 tiers behind :peach:?

Really only one tier. :peach: is at bottom of D while :sonic: is bottom of E.
Sonic is one spot away from F though. In this list, he IS about one tier behind her. If he were in F, it'd be 2, which is why I said "almost"

Which shouldn't be happening.

@Reflex- so what made them fall below DK, but not Sonic? Sonic arguably proved to be more than a threat than DK for this tier list. MU wise sonic's spread is on par if not better than DK's as well (high/top tier wise).

@Illmatic- It's a shame that most people are still LOLSONIC

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Eh, ICs don't suck but playing them with consistency is asking a lot of the player. It has yet to really be shown that playing the ICs as well as we theorycraft them is reasonable. I said this once in the tier list 5 thread, but it might just be time to accept that they straddle the line of human capability. We have ICs players that practice with them a ton and play them all the time dropping grabs in high-level matches, and since most good characters are good at avoiding grabs, they might only get 1 a match if that.

I'm not saying the ICs aren't good. Forcing your opponent to play in a way that avoids grabs severely limits options and that's a really big deal.
Inb49b :popo:

America be bad.

Sails

Smash Ace
I like how there's 30+ members viewing the thread and the salt still hasn't arrived.
It's July 4th, duh. Expect inactivity.

Although, I think that this list satisfies most players while only offending the mains of characters who dropped/didn't rise. The changes are all justified and reflect the current tournament metagame almost flawlessly. Thus, I wouldn't expect too much whining.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
BSP, no respectable player truly thinks "lolsonic" anymore.

That said, he hasn't been doing anything notable this season compared to, say, Espy's and X's high placing at MLG Dallas.

Sonic is definitely a good character. To see more of a rise, though, more consistent big-time results would definitely help.

:phone:

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
I don't understand why zelda/sheik is above sheik, yet zelda is like bottom of bottom. I also think R.O.B. is crazy low.

I like this list towards the top, where it really matters.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼

That said, he hasn't been doing anything notable this season compared to, say, Espy's and X's high placing at MLG Dallas.

Sonic is definitely a good character. To see more of a rise, though, more consistent big-time results would definitely help.

dingdingdingdingding

Luigi player

Smash Master

inb4 X wins Genesis2 :awesome:

Doc King

Smash Lord
Dedede has rather bad matchups against many of the high tiers, first and foremost.
Well Dedede does very good against Lucario, pretty bad against zero suit, and even against game and watch and toon link which overall makes his matchups against high tiers even.

D

Deleted member

Illmatic, how has Peach's results been lately in comparison to Wolf? I don't really see why she should be above him, given Wolf's matchups. I think she's fine where she is.

Hell, at least they're both in the same tier with only one other character. :/

Sails

Smash Ace
Well Dedede does very good against Lucario, pretty bad against zero suit, and even against game and watch and toon link which overall makes his matchups against high tiers even.
But he's not performing well currently in tournaments, so you can reference all the matchup speculation that you want, tier lists take tournament play heavily in to consideration.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Ganon is a lot better than being in dead last. Did you guys not consider the fact that Fonz came in 1st with Ganon alone? Ganon has a lot of potential and it seems you guys haven't seen the full potential Ganon can do.
What Fonz did was very impressive, but it has to be kept in mind that the result of that tournament was a fluke. By fluke, I don't mean Fonz got lucky against the people he fought, I mean he got a bracket that, if such a bracket were commonplace, Ganon would have never been bottom to begin with. He managed to dodge Ganon's most common tournament threats: D3, Falco, Snake and MK. These are the primary four characters that keep Ganon in check aside from rarer MUs like Olimar and ICs.

My point is that Ganon can do a ton of damage, as Fonz demonstrated, but only under very fortuitous and rare circumstances unless the person performs immaculately.

Doc King

Smash Lord
People don't fall for the chaingrabs anymore, the matchups he once had that were considered amazing are no longer as favorable for him, he's juggled and rushed down by plenty of the cast...

Lucario mains have been putting in work for him and showing off very viable potential for him, where Dedede mains have fallen off the radar.
Just to let you know that I've been putting work to Dedede and found out that he can infinite Lucario on upward slopes. Which makes Dedede have good counter pick stages against Lucario and ppl found out about the whole down throw to up smash thing.

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
Sonic is one spot away from F though. In this list, he IS about one tier behind her. If he were in F, it'd be 2, which is why I said "almost"
The other thing though is that Peach is only one spot away from E, meaning that you could look at it as if she is almost in the same tier as Sonic.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I don't understand why zelda/sheik is above sheik, yet zelda is like bottom of bottom. I also think R.O.B. is crazy low.

I like this list towards the top, where it really matters.
I personally don't like the Zelda/Sheik pairing, either. That said, the general consensus is the ability to swap to Zelda for kills helps Sheik a bit, but not by much. As a standalone character, Zelda is very limited.

I'm sure Ed or Judo could elaborate more on this idea.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
That matchup hardly ever happens, but, more power to Dedede in that case, Doc King.

Sails

Smash Ace
What Fonz did was very impressive, but it has to be kept in mind that the result of that tournament was a fluke. By fluke, I don't mean Fonz got lucky against the people he fought, I mean he got a bracket that, if such a bracket were commonplace, Ganon would have never been bottom to begin with. He managed to dodge Ganon's most common tournament threats: D3, Falco, Snake and MK.

My point is that Ganon can do a ton of damage, as Fonz demonstrated, but only under very fortuitous and rare circumstances unless the person performs immaculately.
This. Ganon discussion ends now. Vermanubis has spoken, and anyone who disagrees is heathen.

BSP

Smash Legend

Everyone forgets WGF 5. :awesome:

I will concede to this though. However, to my knowledge, DK did nothing to match this.

[/QUOTE]

I don't care if he doesn't get a wolf-esque rise. I just want to know what made DK good enough to be better than the characters that fell below him, that Sonic lacked. I don't follow DK as much as Sonic. Did I miss any consistent big time results from him?

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Illmatic, how has Peach's results been lately in comparison to Wolf? I don't really see why she should be above him, given Wolf's matchups. I think she's fine where she is.
She hasn't?

Unless you count my placements with top four usually in my region, placements at WHOBO, or Kyon/Kyle's solid placements here and there.

Wolf hasn't really done much either when compared to Peach, they are both fairly around the same place.

I'm not going strictly off of tournament results. Players need to understand what a tier list truly is.

:peach: is a stronger character than :wolf:.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Off the top of my head, Will has been getting rather consistent results.

I'm sure Ripple can discuss DK results better than me.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
lol, all verm's doing is downplaying fonz. it has nothing to do with ganon itself
It has nothing to do with Fonz. When someone says that Ganon deserves a higher spot on the tier list for fallacious reasons, I'm well within my rights to say something. I repeatedly acknowledge Fonz as having done an amazing job, but I'm not going to verbally fellate him and say he did the impossible, because he didn't. He did something amazing, but it was a rare circumstance. It's not in my nature to overplay or underplay someone's accomplishment, or censor an objective fact for fear of a weasel thinking I'm just being salty. :p

Stop trying to instigate.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I personally don't like the Zelda/Sheik pairing, either. That said, the general consensus is the ability to swap to Zelda for kills helps Sheik a bit, but not by much. As a standalone character, Zelda is very limited.

I'm sure Ed or Judo could elaborate more on this idea.

Gladly

Zelda allows Sheik to get rid of all her -3 MUs and performs pretty well against Sheik's hard counters. Also, because Sheik has a lot of trouble killing most of the time, Zelda can come in and look to get an early kill as long as Zelda has a solid lead, which she should thanks to Sheik's amazing damage racking game. inb4zeldadoesnotmatter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom