• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Because peach is worse than ganon and unviable for competitive play, while rosalina has some merit and is a very high mid tier.

:phone:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Is there a reason why Peach's entry utilizes the Rosalina portrait instead of the Peach portrait?
Do you not prefer it this way? =)

Write ups are RANDOMLY done by random people. I suppose I could be dragon fisting the north star with my rage to get people to do them, but "universitysemesterstartedlol"

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
also, everyone, i would just like to point out,

Brawl Singles
1: M2K
2: Ally
3: ADHD
4: Gnes
5: zex
5: Tyrant
7: Tearbear
7: Rich Brown
9: UltimateRazer
9: ESAM
9: Larry Lurr
9: Atomsk
13: Krystedez
13: SK92
13: Trela
13: HAVOK
17: FOW
17: Rain
17: Earth
17: Inui
17: Logic
17: Trevonte
17: Seibrik
17: HRnut
25: Shaky
25: GimR
25: KiraFlax
25: MVD
25: Anuar
25: Denti
25: MikeHaze
25: Choice
33: Adroscos
33: NickRiddle
33: FishBait73
33: JeepySol
33: Sky
33: The Nanerz
33: Filip
33: Poltergust
33: Zekey
33: falln
33: Biglou
33: X
33: weruop
33: Supersmashtwins
33: Nerd
33: kismet2
3 pit's in the top 25 for singles. GET @ US

edit:

admitted krystedez also used wario, just so the people who were gonna point that out don't get too

M@v

Subarashii!
There's literally no reason not to main MK at the current point in the metagame. He has too many options, stages, and advantages.

I'm playing a matchup that I'm even with? Just cp a mk favored stage.

I can't straight up play this guy? Time him out with the best camping/running away ability in the game.

The only person who can stop all that is, well, :metaknight:.

I don't know where the exact quote is, but San said a while ago something along the lines of "The main reasons a lot of mks lose is because they choose the poorer options in a given situation. If they were better and always chose the right one, they would be near unbeatable since mk has an option in every situation." Correct me if I got the idea of it wrong San.

Lets not forget he completely dominates doubles. If there's not at least 2 mks on the screen during a doubles tourney match its extremely unusual.

Something needs done, whether its a mk ban or another rules change. My problem with a rules change is that every single time we try to make a rule to nerf mk, mk finds a way around it and an even better tactic. We can only beat around the bush for so long. Whatever happened to the temporary ban talk? Ban him for 6 months, see how the metagame reacts, and make a mk-banned tier list to see if there are a lot of changes. If we could get some lovely data taking like we did at mlg that would be sexy.

I won't lie; I pretty much main MK now and only use my other characters as cps/vs people I know are bad vs them.

But why wouldn't I(and you) since the metagame so heavily favors him?

I would think that 80+% community support from those who frequent the Competitive Brawl Boards IS representative of something...

Also, we have 25 votes against our pro-ban rally. Care to explain where they came from?
Where's this at?

M@v

Subarashii!
The only thing I wouldn't like about him getting banned at the moment would be the fact it puts those who only play mk in an akward position. Whether you only played him from the start because you liked the series, or later for obvious reasons, you can't just ban him without warning. If he is banned, give the community a couple month warning. Example: "Metaknight will be banned starting dd/mm/yyyy." That will give the people who only play mk time to adjust and be ready for it. I'd need to practice my peach to step up as my secondary instead of a for-fun character since I've always used mk as a secondary for Pika/Icies.

M@v

Subarashii!
I'd use peach as my secondary. My other main character is Falco. I used to use mk as my secondary for the longest time to cover his 2 main bad MUS; Pikachu and ice climbers. Peach, along with marth, snake, and I've heard Zero suit, go even with or beat those 2 characters. Of those characters, I enjoy Peach's playstyle the most and she's my best of those 4(The only other one I've even played is marth, lol).

So I'd go falco with a peach secondary. I got a pikachu player I could practice peach vs pika with too x).

If MK's banned I'd just expect a lot more top tiers, especially marth. MK is the main thing holding him back. Marth would be the new must learn MU imo if mk went. His only hard counter would be D3.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
It's almost like people forget that a lot of characters can infinite Diddy with his own bananas or something. Do people seriously believe that with MK out of the way that people (or those with characters that can) won't learn the tools to handle this?

There are two Diddies that are clearly above those below them, I would imagine that /someone/ out there could handle it. Especially when they lose to the ally's and atomsk's of the world.

M@v

Subarashii!
I've heard mixed reviews on diddy from marths, and vise versa. It still doesn't seem as bad as mk.

When I asked a diddy for MU advice one time, he simply kept repeating to me "Marth's spacing>Diddy"

I don't play marth enough though to have legit input on this.

Flayl

Smash Hero
also, everyone, i would just like to point out,

3 pit's in the top 25 for singles. GET @ US

edit:

admitted krystedez also used wario, just so the people who were gonna point that out don't get too
That's not top 25, that's top 32. I hear Earth also used Sheik.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Think of it like this.

THE TOP MARTH PLAYERS
all have winning records against meta knights in tournament.
Crazy.

I guess they're top marth mains because they somehow beat more MKs than they lose to.

Just about every Marth main ever has a losing record against diddy.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Think of it like this.

THE TOP MARTH PLAYERS
Crazy.

I guess they're top marth mains because they somehow beat more MKs than they lose to.

I don't get the point of referencing data none of us have access to.

M@v

Subarashii!
Think of it like this.

THE TOP MARTH PLAYERS
Crazy.

I have a winning record vs mks too in tourney as Falco and Fox, and I'm sure many players of a non-mk character do. That's because there are tons of random mks woosh woosh wooshing around out there. I'd like to see their records vs top mks.

inb4 mikehazebeatantirecently

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Think of it like this.

THE TOP MARTH PLAYERS
Crazy.

Ramin doesn't have losing records vs Diddy.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
do you wanna know pools or just bracket? because i only know some of both personally. i would love a link to the bracket of this tourney. or i could just wait for all their vids to be posted on youtube and tally them up that way

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
do you wanna know pools or just bracket? because i only know some of both personally. i would love a link to the bracket of this tourney. or i could just wait for all their vids to be posted on youtube and tally them up that way
Bracket would be nice.

I'm just wondering notable wins whether it be pools or brackets. Pools round 2 or 3 (the last one) was pretty stacked for pools.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Alright KB, I'm not going to argue about it when I don't have all that much experience with it myself. As I told Judo earlier, the video has a :troll: emote next to it. The matchup is Diddy's favor because Peach just really doesn't have anything that Diddy can't deal with easily. Being able to float over bananas isn't enough to tip the matchup in your favour against Diddy in today's metagame. He's more as a character than that, otherwise he wouldn't be second best right now.
You're still speaking with that same assumption of how the matchup is played. Peach can completely turn the banana and stage control against Diddy, which will create even more openings for her to dish out her traditional kind of damage and/or kill/Gimp him with frame traps. She has strong item control as one of her notable attributes, after all. The way to play him is not "just float over the banana". That's like still saying MK vs Sonic is "just d-tilt".

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
i don't know bracket for earth but in round 2 of pools he beat itakio, anuar, and chiefrabbit.

unfortunately aside from that i had work during the streaming hours of this. so im actually waiting on a few message replies to see who beat who using which character. ill post what they say in here later.

oh and i know in pools kiraflax beat zex, but i don't remember which pool that was. i just know he went all pit

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I think we're getting off track here. Since when has Diddy been worse for the metagame than MK? His matchups are nowhere near as polarizing and he can't time you out like a *****.

Regardless, MK's removal would vastly benefit Marth, and he may not be #1 but he'd rise to #2 in a heartbeat.

Oh and DDD rises from too, but **** him.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Lets not forget he completely dominates doubles. If there's not at least 2 mks on the screen during a doubles tourney match its extremely unusual.
Not in florida :troll:

Ban mk...done

The top characters will now have hard MUs where they can't shark or scrooge or LG to victory. Snake will have to worry about D3, Oli, Falco, Diddy, Rob (even or slight favored MUs). Diddy will have to worry about Snakes Falcos, Peaches, Wario, etc. Thus giving diversity to the characters in top ten IMO & everyone will have a counter or even MU....unlike MK...

I could see MK being banned...but D3 rising + the unity ruleset will be kindaaaa :(

Won't yoshi drop if MK got banned? no idea what people think the matchup is anymore

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Peach would rise too. One of 2 worst mus gone.
Ok I might as well post my thoughts on this. I could be wrong, idk.

Non-Top tier characters that would rise with MK's removal from the metagame:
-DDD
-G&W
-Peach
-Pit
-Ness LOL J/K
-LucARIO, TL, Kirby
-ROB
-DK
-Luigi (but theoretically DD's rise in usage would simultaneously **** him over)
-Sonic
-Ike

Its possible that those characters could jump in tiers with MK gone.

MK is not holding Marth back, Marth is held back by how little his margin of error is.
Well damn

Judo777

Smash Master
I like how for the longest time pro-ban said MK was too powerful. Anti-ban in response said "go bring us data kthnxbye." Now that pro-ban has compiled a humongous mountain of data, anti-ban says "but with MK gone X character will be too powerful............." there is really no way to know if some character will be too powerful with Mk gone cause we have no data.

Ideally tho when you think about it diddy is losing at worst a slight disadvanatged MU (most say even tho they are wrong). So diddy shouldn't really change that much. There will still be Snakes and Falcos (actually more probably) and Warios around to keep in in check. But no data. We can't know until we try.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
People said wait for Genesis.
We waited until Genesis.

Results were typical.
What now?

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
no, pit players placed just like no one but us said they would, great. sure, we weren't in the top ten, but every high level pit main that attended kicked ***.

so like we said, he is too low on the tier, but by all means go ahead and leave him where he's at, we like being the under dog

of course when the final results are 2 MKs and and 2 Diddies, it kinda puts all the other characters in this game as null and void anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom