• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Does anyone think that D3 should be mid tier? I never see this guy in tournament and he's just so limited.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I've always had a pretty high opinion of DK. As far as mains go, I can't really say, I still think it's even.

My region's brawl is pretty much dead, don't expect more than 15 guys at most for a tourney, so there's hardly any competition here anymore. I've been to most of the tournaments that occurred recently around me, even when sick, though, which is like 2 ever since January.

I'm not going to be bothered to travel far for tournaments unless it's a national/very large regional nowadays.

Without Ryo and I going to larger tournaments recently, you won't see too much from him until other players decide to be more active in tournament.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
*Doc King says Dedede's good*

*gets flamed*

*Doc King says Dedede's bad*

*still gets flamed*

It's getting old imo.

Also DK sucks.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Idk why we're even talking about D3, according to Marc's research he's already in the perfect spot anyway :p

And idunno my stance on DK. No one around me plays DK, and it seems like he's a good character thats just ***** by his massive size, bad shield, infinites, and the general physics of the game. Kinda like Fox's problems only different, if you know what I mean.

Neon!

Smash Lord
I think :dk2: is a better character, but :ike: has better results/matchups. How is that confusing? The lack of good :dk2:'s could be a factor.

Also, the matchup chart had little to no influence from Will, Cable, Ook, or any :dk2: I can think of besides Neon?

:018:
All of the good DK's of old have quit or moved on to other characters for the most part. I am the only one who defended dk's matchups during the discussions. DK is still a better character than ike, his ratios on the matchup chart are surprsingly pessimistic. Dk and Ike are seperated by 1 matchup point and there are plenty of matchups that should be more in dk's favor. GW, snake and PT all could be argued even for DK and fox should only be -1.

Will's recent results are better than any of ike's as far as i know, 25th at Apex along with many other respectable placings in a fairly tough region.

Besides Will there are few DK's in the U.S. placing well consistently. Nairo's DK pulled a few good wins when mk was banned. My only notable win recently is against Y.b.M.'s kirby but we're still 1-1. I've struggled to place well in the North Texas scene as we've grown subsantially in the past few months. Seriously just look at out PR.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Several of Ike's MUs could be argued more in his favor as well.

As for results: I know Ryo drowned in pools at APEX and San got out and I believe lost in the first round of brackets. Don't remember their MLG results.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
I disagree with that viable/mid tier, Orion. I don't see why Wolf TLink or DDD would be above ZSS.
bar CGs Wolf and ZSS tend to generally similar vs top tier characters. I think Wolf does better vs MK, Snake, Oli and Falco which counts for a lot. ZSS has no hard counters, but I think she struggles with garbage characters more than wolf also.

Tlink can be below ZSS for all I care.

DDD does a bit worse vs top but is overall much more consistent vs everything else. ZSS could be argued to be above him also and I wouldn't really mind so much. I think DDD is a more consistent character though.

1.) In the USA H@vok is going almost completely solo and he won a tourney with Snake only

2.) Japanese tourneys don't have an entry fee, that's why all results of Nietono / Brood are not taken into consideration. While Diddy "wins more money" at the moment it's Olimar who has the better placings.

:059:
1)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU4gVzsQZgE
yeah havok can go all snake son LOL
2) Im not discrediting either however, they are different metagames so treat them as such. Olimar places in Japan. But diddy does better in america.

zmx;14361794 ADHD/Gnes are gone too so you won't be seeing anymore top results from them anytime soon either. :059:[/QUOTE said:
what does that have to do with the character being good or bad?
if m2k quit brawl and suddenly the people placing 1st/2nd where Allys snake and DEHFs falco that wouldnt mean MK isnt the best anymore.

What!? DK has VERY solid MU's in top tier.
na chill with that
^ You didn't disagree with any of them tbh.
this is what i was thinking LOL
I think :dk2: is a better character, but :ike: has better results/matchups.
despite it not making sense i agree

And idunno my stance on DK. No one around me plays DK, and it seems like he's a good character thats just ***** by his massive size, bad shield, infinites, and the general physics of the game. Kinda like Fox's problems only different, if you know what I mean.
look at DKs frame data, then Foxs frame data plz

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
bar CGs Wolf and ZSS tend to generally similar vs top tier characters. I think Wolf does better vs MK, Snake, Oli and Falco which counts for a lot. ZSS has no hard counters, but I think she struggles with garbage characters more than wolf also.
I agree with this for the most part, possibly Marth as well. Doesn't ZSS do fairly well against Snake though?

We're ironing out the final details for tier list v7. People have been busy with school and whatnot so it's been a bit slow, but it'll be coming soon.

zmx

Smash Lord
"what does that have to do with the character being good or bad?
if m2k quit brawl and suddenly the people placing 1st/2nd where Allys snake and DEHFs falco that wouldnt mean MK isnt the best anymore. "

It matters because Diddy got where he is on the tier list mainly because of Gnes/ADHD. Take a look at where he was on earlier tier lists.

Also your comparison is not fair. There are a ton of MK players that can get top results nationally, not just M2K. There were only two Diddys like this.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
his results are worse without them but that doesn't make diddy a worse character
diddy is still capable of doing the same stuff.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
True story, I swear, Diddy is gonna drop. I think the bananas became like oh **** we can do **** with this ****, but then everyone else was like, yeah but so can we. Diddy is good, but not #2 material.

:phone:

zmx

Smash Lord
Diddy is definitely going to drop.

If I had to guess I'd still say the top 5 would be MK, snake, Icys, Olimar, Diddy with Diddy being at 5th or 4th place.

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
TriplePostFag.

Ike players are better than dk players. That is a fact.

If they never attend tournies then they're probably terrible.

True story, I swear, Diddy is gonna drop. I think the bananas became like oh **** we can do **** with this ****, but then everyone else was like, yeah but so can we. Diddy is good, but not #2 material.

Diddy is definitely going to drop.

If I had to guess I'd still say the top 5 would be MK, snake, Icys, Olimar, Diddy with Diddy being at 5th or 4th place.
Hooray for Diddy Kong dropping. I've always figured Snake and Falco were better...

Life

Smash Hero
Snake is better than Diddy, but I dunno about Falco. A character's best players quitting does not mean the character should immediately drop (or else Snake would have gone under Diddy when Ally went MK).

Orion*

Smash Researcher
lol, I dont think you got what I meant at all.
Yes I did.

You called DK a good character, and then compared him to Fox.
I told you to look at the frame data so that you can see which one is clearly *** *** LOL.

So are a lot of wrong people... But it is okay. The mu doesnt matter to most of them.
have a -1 still makes the MU near even... it's not even like it's a huge disagreement with what you think. Either way I think ZSS loses that ish so w/e.

Doesn't ZSS do fairly well against Snake though?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Because ZSS is ***, maybe that's why <_<

I seem to remember you posting somewhere a while back (no more than 2 months ago) saying something along the lines of
"ZSS doesn't really seem viable without a secondary cause it seems like she'd do pretty badly against MK, Oli and Falco. Then again I don't really know much about the character and her MUs cause I feel she doesn't get enough exposure"

And then recently I've been seeing things like
"ZSS is ***" (this post) and
"There's no way Pit loses -2 to a character as mediocre as ZSS"

What exactly is making you change your mind about ZSS so quickly o.o

NickRiddle

#negativeNick

Hooray for Diddy Kong dropping. I've always figured Snake and Falco were better...
You think Will and... the other top dks... are better than San/Ryo and... umm... the other top Ikes?
Ike actually goes to other regions and wins.

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
You think Will and... the other top dks... are better than San/Ryo and... umm... the other top Ikes?
Ike actually goes to other regions and wins.
How many words I understood: All of them
How much of the actual post I understood: Diddly Squat

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
How many words I understood: All of them
How much of the actual post I understood: Diddly Squat
Top DKs > Top Ikes.
That's what I said.
You responded to it with a picture that is generally portraying sarcasm and disbelief.
I assumed you knew top Ikes/DKs, and I asked if the top DKs were doing anywhere near as good as the top Ikes.
You posted that.
Guess I expected too much from the Tier List thread. I'll go back to lurking now.

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
Top DKs > Top Ikes.
That's what I said.
You responded to it with a picture that is generally portraying sarcasm and disbelief.
I assumed you knew top Ikes/DKs, and I asked if the top DKs were doing anywhere near as good as the top Ikes.
You posted that.
Guess I expected too much from the Tier List thread. I'll go back to lurking now.
I did too. Back to bumping my tournament...

btw I simply replied with "O RLY?" because it explained my feeling towards you displaying your opinion as fact perfectly

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I did too. Back to bumping my tournament...

btw I simply replied with "O RLY?" because it explained my feeling towards you displaying your opinion as fact perfectly
Opinions that are correct are fact. Ike mains have achieved more than DK mains, therefore either Ike is better, or his players are better. As everybody has agreed DK is better, Ike players MUST be better than DK players.

Neon!

Smash Lord
Will /Nairo are comparable to San/ Ryo. After that there is a significant drop in skill level for both characters. If Cable and Dr. Grandpa still played DK's would easily be on top.

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
Opinions that are correct are fact. Ike mains have achieved more than DK mains, therefore either Ike is better, or his players are better. As everybody has agreed DK is better, Ike players MUST be better than DK players.
DK and Ike both have skilled players equally...

Ike just has more of them then DK...

Judo777

Smash Master
MK is like -3, Snake is -1 or -2, IC is like -3, Falco is -2 or -3, DDD is -4, Oli is about -2. I imagine Fox, Wario and ZSS to be pretty bad as well.

Ok let me address these 1 by 1 although my favorite part was people listing characters not in top tier......

MK (i excluded him in the beginning), Snake is -1 AT WORST. Have you ever played a good DK, DK has SOOOO much crap that Snake has practically no answer for. IC's idk. Falco i hear is pretty tough but is probably only -2 (but I said this). D3 is not even close to top tier, Oli is his other pretty tough one (but with LGL gone both Oli and Falco would be better we just like making rules to make those 2 better). Fox and Zss..... k not top tier. Wario I hear he does amazing on if it werent for the CG so it probably levels out alright.

zmx

Smash Lord
Falco/DK is -1 for DK. Maybe -2 but I highly doubt it. It's really not that bad. People need to watch top level players playing matchups instead of just going "X has a big CG on Y? Auto -3".

I'm almost certain Will has a winning record against Falcos. Various falcos and no, it's not because of some dumb planking nonsense.

Oh in regards to top Ikes outperforming top DKs at nationals. Just going to point out that Will got like 25th at Apex. San got like 49th. No other Ike/DKs made bracket.
IIRC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom