• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v6

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.J.

Smash Master
You guys should just go on bulbapedia and look at the trivia section for each of the pokemon <_<

/aware that it will take about 2 hours.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I always though Hitmonlee was named after Jackie Chan's character in Rush Hour LOL.

Bruce Lee never crossed my mind until much later.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Its a good thing Im a Pokemon nerd so I actually already knew that.

/noonecares

Flayl

Smash Hero
I didn't need an encyclopedia to know pokémon names were all puns and mixings of two words.

C'mon guys.

Like, the first 3 pokémon you see ever, they're all 2 words mashed together
Charcoal Salamander
Squirt Turtle
Bulb Dinosaur

You don't have to be a genius to figure this stuff out lol

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
I dunno man, some of them are pretty cryptic.

Like, who would know what 'Gyarados' is based off without external sources?

Flayl

Smash Hero
Nidoran, Pikachu, Gyarados, they're all taken directly from japanese so whatever, that's not my point.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I only recently found out that in Kanto all th cities ar named after colours and the hometown is called Pallet town.

Mind= blown.

Also poliwhirl is apparently the creator of pokemon's favourite pokemon. Also, most people aren't aware poliwag and poliwhirl have the same speed stat (90), which is quicker than poliwrath (70).

K I'm done.

:phone:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
In Johto all towns are named after certain types of wood.

Kanto is an actual area in Japan and Pokemon actually used the "layout" of the real Kanto for its own Kanto - look it up at google and check the shoreline!

:059:

Life

Smash Hero
Rhydon was likely the first Pokemon, as it has the first hex number in the game code. (Whether that means it was designed first or merely programmed first is another matter.)

*looks around*

threadderailed.gif

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
One thing that always struck me as odd is that Flareon has a base attack stat of 130. That's up there with the likes of Machamp and Rhydon. It doesn't seem anywhere near that strong physically.

Pokemon is the second most successful video game franchise ever in terms of sales, behind Mario, which has over 200 titles.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
One thing that always struck me as odd is that Flareon has a base attack stat of 130. That's up there with the likes of Machamp and Rhydon. It doesn't seem anywhere near that strong physically.

Pokemon is the second most successful video game franchise ever in terms of sales, behind Mario, which has over 200 titles.

All Eevolutions have 1 base stat that is 130.
In fact, all Eevolutions have the following base stats
130/110/95/65/65/60
Those numbers are just in different order for each one

Edit: And yeah Flareon sucks
130 attack, 65 HP, 60 Def and 65 Speed
._.

Life

Smash Hero
Jolteon has just enough speed and a type advantage but MK has enough bulk to survive and hit back with a LO dair/SL which might be good for the KO.

This one's probably decided by who has entry hazards up.

I can't see any of the others taking him except maybe Vappy.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
MK is a flying type so he loses 25% to Stealth Rock and Jolteon is faster so he can easily OHKO MK after SR damage. This thread just got awesome.

Life

Smash Hero
I was thinking Flying/Dark.

Though MK being MK it's probably one of those tri-type Mary Sue shenanigans. Flying/Dark/Steel fits him decently...

-Lzr-, he might still lose to ScarfMK though.

IhaveSonar

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... Well, if MK is flying/steel, then he would be susceptible to electric and fire, but rock, ice, and ground wouldn't work.

Get out your level 100 Jolteons and Flareons.

Laem

Smash Champion
Why would he be Steel lol. Obviously he'd sooner be Dark than Steel.

Red MK is Fire/Fly tho, and his neutral B is Fire Spin.

Kantrip

Kantplay
MK is obviously a Pokémon with multiple formes. He's also Ubers.

Spoiler:
He's the evolution of Arceus

Life

Smash Hero
On a more serious note, I'm getting IBTL vibes here, perhaps we should be returning to the topic...

*picks a character at random*
Lucas. kgo

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
And don't forget basically his entire moveset has priority.

I'm surprised no one brought up the venomoth-butterfree thing, or that golduck and psyduck were meant to have each other's names.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think metapod and kakuna have slightly higher defences than their evolutions.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Personally, Im going to be winning tournaments in my region now that MK is banned. Consequently, this means that sonic is going to be one of the characters that sees increased tournament results from the MK ban. We all know toonlink and Ike are going to get better. I suspect we will see much more Mario and Luigi play as well. Not wins, but people I think will play them more.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
------------

Above this line is the infraction season

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Personally, Im going to be winning tournaments in my region now that MK is banned. Consequently, this means that sonic is going to be one of the characters that sees increased tournament results from the MK ban. We all know toonlink and Ike are going to get better. I suspect we will see much more Mario and Luigi play as well. Not wins, but people I think will play them more.
I will be playing Mario, I know that for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom