• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I guess its possible, but Ive never seen or heard anything about him ever even touching him. Pretty sure the second he selected him the first time he ever played Yoshi, he realized that you cant jump out of shield or anything that's basic to every other character in the game and then just said 'screw it' and never played him again.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Ally DID win at our Tourney yesterday with Lucario, he just picks up a character each Tourney to Surprise us.

tekkie

Smash Master
canada's best brawl player by a huge margin winning a canadian brawl tournament isn't that surprising regardless of character choice

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Fox and Wolf should be above G&W. Everyone in E tier should move up to D and there shouldn't really be an H tier.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I agree with everyone in E tier moving up actually... weird. And Ike moving up a tier as well. As for G&W, idk... he's a lot better in practice than on paper where you can't bait people into smashes for kills at 90%, but I can see the three characters being really close someday.

EDIT: Whoops, I meant D moving to C lol. Phew :p

:059:

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
He would be better if there was no timer. The problem with G&W is that he can't force an approach. Characters with projectiles can just camp him until they get the lead and force him to make mistakes. He also has very few reliable kill moves

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Except he has the bucket and the bacon. Never underestimate those two, the most awesome moves in the game.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Well, you could try to be saucy and purposely fill GaW's bucket so you can proceed to camp him, but that is BEYOND risky...

It's also worth mentioning that GaW lags really damn hard when he gets the first or second notch of his bucket filled... you can hit him with a lot of different heavy hitting attacks if you're close enough to do it. He doesn't get this lag when he gets his bucket completely filled, but w/e.

It's actually a legit tactic to bait out the bucket on kill percents, then fill him up so he lags long enough for you to pull out your finishing move.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Bacon is horrible and will never force an approach. Also, if G&W fills up his bucket, he loses his bucket break.

Xubble

Smash Ace
You can bait an approach with Bacon if your opponent is the "PUNISH ALL THE THINGS!!" kind of person. You have to be JUST out of punishment range.

Bacon mindgames, son.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
You can bait an approach with Bacon if your opponent is the "PUNISH ALL THE THINGS!!" kind of person. You have to be JUST out of punishment range.

Bacon mindgames, son.
If you fall for that, then you're not playing the match up correctly

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Well, you could try to be saucy and purposely fill GaW's bucket so you can proceed to camp him, but that is BEYOND risky...
Im compelled to disagree here... but I play fox...
:dazwa:

He would be better if there was no timer. The problem with G&W is that he can't force an approach. Characters with projectiles can just camp him until they get the lead and force him to make mistakes. He also has very few reliable kill moves
1. All game and watch has is kill moves. and theyre generally all safe most of the time.
Bacon is horrible and will never force an approach. Also, if G&W fills up his bucket, he loses his bucket break.
that doesnt change the fact that the bucket disuades people from projectile camping him .

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
G&W may have kill moves, but most of them are not reliable and require the opponent to approach. Also, bucket doesn't really help since it only works three times, is a bad option at higher percents and it doesn't work against certain characters.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
G&W's bucket should fill with the blood of his enemies.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
What Ripple said. Also, idk about everyone else, but in my experience a knowledgeable G&W will stay by the ledge so that they can runoff bucket when you shoot a projectile and remain safe from punishment. It's pretty effective.

:059:

Doc King

Smash Lord
Does anybody find it hilarious how Jebus thinks that game and watch has poor kill moves and Peach has good kill moves. It's like the other way around.

I find bacon an alright move. It can be good for comboing and spacing at times.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Does anybody find it hilarious how Jebus thinks that game and watch has poor kill moves and Peach has good kill moves. It's like the other way around.

Edit: Thing glitched up again! :mad:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Dump it if they dont need it.
This.

I gotta wonder: Is G-Dub safe when he dumps it...? Like, even if the opponent manages to shield or powershield the bucket dump, could he be in a potentially advantageous position afterward? Or in the event the opponent jumps over it...?

I know nothing about Game & Watch; I hope this is a legit question.

Smooth Criminal

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
This.

I gotta wonder: Is G-Dub safe when he dumps it...? Like, even if the opponent manages to shield or powershield the bucket dump, could he be in a potentially advantageous position afterward? Or in the event the opponent jumps over it...?

I know nothing about Game & Watch; I hope this is a legit question.

Smooth Criminal
I don't have a direct answer to the question... but... if GW was unsafe if he used a weak bucket, wouldn't he just bucket after getting launched away/launching the opponent away?

Chuee

Smash Hero

Edit: Thing glitched up again! :mad:
Yes, I find it hilarious.
but I also find it hilarious how you think bacon can combo.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
no such thing as a weak bucket. even with 3 fox lasers its still a solid kill move that probably about as strong as Samus' charge shot.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
no such thing as a weak bucket. even with 3 fox lasers its still a solid kill move that probably about as strong as Samus' charge shot.
A solid kill move at 140%.
This might help Peach kill.
GW... doesn't need another kill move for 140...

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Not really. 3 fox shots does 15% and doesn't kill till around 200%.

Judo777

Smash Master
Yes, I find it hilarious.
but I also find it hilarious how you think bacon can combo.
It DOES combo. If it has hitstun and is that slow it can combo. Lob a bacon, wait for it to hit, 9 hammer. It's a legit combo if your opponent is dumb enough to get hit by the bacon (which happens more than you think).

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master

The difference between Peach's and G&W's kill moves is that Peach has a safe F-air on shield and a N-air that is great OOS while G&W has to find a way to make his opponents run into his kill moves.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
G&W also has Fair for killing, which isn't that hard to land because it has a big hitbox and has fast start-up. G&W's Fair also great OoS.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
That's really all he has that's reliable though.Almost all of Peach's moves will eventually kill. G&W has to force an approach to kill or kill them with F-air.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Most of Peach's kill moves won't do that until very late unless she somehow can land her Usmash. Peach's Nair isn't even that strong and every Peach stale her Fair so much that it barely kills. At least if G&W gets the opponent into a bad position to land his smashes, it hurts much more than anything Peach has for killing besides a Bob-omb or a Stitch face turnip. They aren't fully reliable but they either have very little lag or the ending of the smashes are covered by hitboxes and their start-up are only just below the slow line so they'll eventually hit if the G&W is smart with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom