• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Ive so far been taking stupid amounts of 4ths and 5ths instead of 5ths and 7ths.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
But are they a result of mk being gone, or mk mains that normally outplaces to being gone.

I'm guessing that's what anti bans would be asking you.

:phone:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
The result of MK being gone. The MK main that always gave me problems goes Wario now and everytime Ive played him in tournament since he switched Ive won.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
The result of MK being gone. The MK main that always gave me problems goes Wario now and everytime Ive played him in tournament since he switched Ive won.
Theres a lot more factors that go into something as little and mediocre as you placing 1 spot higher on average, especially in a scene that big.

FML

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Banning someone's main and beating him after clearly means that he's the bad player here.[/sarcasm]

Some players might have used the character as a crutch, but who cares what someone does locally? It just means the rest of his region is that bad. You really can't say that players like M2K and Anti wouldn't be good without their character. Any player will be handicapped for a while if you take their main away from him and I would not feel good about wins like that. To give an example: would you really feel any pride in beating M2K without MK in the first few months after the ban? =/

Cassio

Smash Master
lol, some of the posts and conclusions people are jumping too really make me shake my head. Even worse when its someone with those blue names, kind of disturbing and really makes me wish there was a stronger vetting process for that group.

ElDominio

Smash Journeyman
You really can't say that players like M2K and Anti wouldn't be good without their character.
Well, I guess we'll never see that about M2K, since he's being real mature about it and promised to never go to MK Banned tourneys :S

Tesh

Smash Hero
Well, I guess we'll never see that about M2K, since he's being real mature about it and promised to never go to MK Banned tourneys :S
Are you suggesting that its immature to avoid tournaments that use a ruleset he disagrees with? Its what any and all players should do, ideally.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I don't know what he'll do, he'll probably still do well and might as well make some bucks. I don't see how not contributing to something you think is competitively unjust makes you immature though. If anything, it's the opposite and the most clear statement you can make.

Also, my biggest annoyance earlier is that someone with a blue name uses anecdotal evidence about beating someone's secondary in what is very likely a better matchup too (I'm assuming Fluttershy mains Yoshi) to imply the guy's main is overpowered. Not only is there a lot wrong with that argument, you should really remove yourself out of the equation in order to not be biased.

Chuee

Smash Hero
M2K plays for the money.
For him to work up another character would probably take awhile, he most likely can't afford to go to tournies if he won't make money.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
It's Fluttershy...he's shown many of times already he lacks knowledge in many aspects of the game by what he has said

Like Cassio said, it's amazing to see people who have blue names who don't really show they even deserve it.

Yo Fluttershy, why don't you pick a different character when you play said MK main who now plays Wario and see how you do, so you can be on equal grounds, instead of bragging about getting 1 place higher than 5th and 7th, like that's any good to begin with. Bet you lose LOLOLOLOLOL

Cassio

Smash Master
To be fair fluttershy isnt the only one. MK ban or not that whole group needs to be redone.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
It's Fluttershy...he's shown many of times already he lacks knowledge in many aspects of the game by what he has said

Like Cassio said, it's amazing to see people who have blue names who don't really show they even deserve it.

Yo Fluttershy, why don't you pick a different character when you play said MK main who now plays Wario and see how you do, so you can be on equal grounds, instead of bragging about getting 1 place higher than 5th and 7th, like that's any good to begin with. Bet you lose LOLOLOLOLOL
I beat his Wario with Lucas and Mario as well. Ive taken games of pretty much everyone higher ranked than me in my scene with a handful of other characters outside of my main. I dont see your point?

But really, MK was never a big deal in my area outside of this one player, and I only even said that cuz I was trying to make a bit of a joke. I now realize I probably shouldve worded what I said differently so others could see that I was more poking playful banter, not saying MK GONE, I PLACE HIGHER, WOOT.

And seriously, why always with the hate from you? If you're still angry at me for some dumb reason like arguing over differing opinions a couple weeks ago then be a man and get over it.

P.I.E.

Smash Ace
It's funny, as brawlers we have the most problems with this third game we play, compare to the other two xD I never heard of anyone getting banned in the first two o.o But eh, I'm not afriad to admit, tournies get easier without MK :D Though that means the challenge level's gonna go down =__= Not that I ever placed higher than 13th anyway! x3 :ness:

IhaveSonar

Smash Journeyman
Well, if he's flying and dark, then we can use ice, rock, and electric against him. (Fighting and bug both get negated by flying)

You know, when you put MK into the pokemon universe, he suddenly becomes a lot less broken.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
To be fair fluttershy isnt the only one. MK ban or not that whole group needs to be redone.
To be fair you're not the one who should be deciding this.
Far far from it.

I would much rather listen to Z'z'z'z'z'z'z'z'zponyfreak before you or 90% of the other people in this or the MK ban thread, and that's saying something.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Well, if he's flying and dark, then we can use ice, rock, and electric against him. (Fighting and bug both get negated by flying)

You know, when you put MK into the pokemon universe, he suddenly becomes a lot less broken.
MK should just be dark/steel with levitate, wings =/= auto flying type

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
MK should just be dark/steel with levitate, wings =/= auto flying type
That doesn't work, Captain Falcon would use Mach PAWNCH and kill it. He is obviously a Ghost/Steel type with a new ability that reflects all moves back to the attacker for 400% damage.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
To be fair you're not the one who should be deciding this.
Far far from it.

I would much rather listen to Z'z'z'z'z'z'z'z'zponyfreak before you or 90% of the other people in this or the MK ban thread, and that's saying something.
That's saying you're also an idiot. Cool story bro. Idiots have to stick together

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Kain, can you please calm down? Stop flaming/insulting everyone and cool it.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Dark/Flying type with a Steel/Ghost type sword and Fighting type boots and a Rock type mask

Is he broken yet?
dark with levitate is probably more superior than dark/flying due to SR unless mach punch is that big of a deal

If mach punch a problem, then new priority psychic extremespeed for MK

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Or, you know, just use the Flying version of it, cuz Flying > Fighting and he already has wings.

Xubble

Smash Ace
Close Combat, super effective, MK faints.
Eep, forgot Scrappy means Fighting can hit Ghost, not just Normal. >_o

Regardless, nobody uses Baton Pass (Ninjask would insta-die if put in front of anything like MK anyway), and a non-boosted Close Combat wouldn't do enough to 130/130 base defenses. Send MK to Ubers and wait for him to get banned from THAT.

On topic, are there videos of this tournament? I've never seen Ally play Lucario before.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I know all the replays were saved. I think it was one of the Montrealers' Wiis because I've seen that set at a tourney before.

I would ask Ally or Holy if they could release the replays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom