• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

RATED

Smash Lord
I can't read this thread once in a WHILE without getting annoyed :S.

Alphicans: Stop writing useless theorycrafting it doesnt get you anywhere, theorycraft is just that... theorycraft.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Luigi has like Sonic syndrome-beyond terrible on paper lol
At least on paper you can realize if Luigi gets in he WILL **** you up.

Sonic doesn't even have that, he just has lol run away

Diddy isn't that bad for Ike, at least. Maybe that's why I'm not understanding the Diddy hype.
by not that bad do you mean like -1/-2? If that's the case I could be fine with it but even and I would be pretty salty.

His players are winning because of the portrayal of their skill and Diddy is a really good character.
Like metaknight amirite?:troll:

Onion calm down.
Almost took you seriously for a second :awesome:

Orion is the man. Keepin it real
On that real talk I just call it how I see it and if I make a mistake then I just go back, fix it and do better next time, otherwise I'm just here to have fun lol.
Bananas dun exits IMG
Reminds me of Grim :troll:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
No, Diddy still has a crapload of problems.

I knew I shouldn't have used the term 'really really good.' Just not as mediocre as Marth, Wario, ICs and the bunch.

MK users should be winning more, but they do stupid things all the time.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Well to be fair

I honestly think a lot of other character users should win more also

I still see diddy's mindlessly give their opponents the bananas, NO thought at all.
I still see falcos greedy for the kill
ect

Like even universal stuff like

Hitcomfirming
Followups
Gimps
SDI
Buffering
Powershielding
Ledge Options
Ledge Pressure
Proper use of walking vs dashing
Knowing your frame data
Internalizing your spacing
Knowing your options in all given situations

ect. is extremely lacked in this community by all levels of players.
In the end the "better player" wins, yes. So players like Ally and Anti will win and they won't know a drop of frame data it's all experience and reads.

But in games that are super competitive like SF, the players talented like them would have that PLUS all the knowledge in order to stay on top.

I do think in many ways smash is a lot hard to simplify than SF, especially because of things like knockback, % based combos and followups, DI and so many other factors (hence why the series in general is my favorite). But I do feel like as a community we are lazy and can as a whole improve lol

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i just pray that one day, people will stop successfully gimping people and than getting off the ledge before the guy passes by it, thus letting them grab it and live.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Name one person who's opinion would have any insight/influence anywhere that said that and I honestly would be shocked.

/inb4uprovemewrong

I actually am sitting here laughing my balls off next to my computer screen though I'm sorry, like it's not even in personal hate, I can't tell between you and seagull half the time posting now anyway :smash::smash::smash:
:joyful:

I'm sorry but it's just really bad theory craft IMO
I'm probably biased due to the amount of diddy exp I had when I lived at home but jesus christ like nothing you're saying sounded reasonable to me at all.

I don't care if you think Diddy beats Luigi, because even if you believed that (despite me disagreeing with it) there are plenty of good reasons (with relatively good arguments to go around it but that's irregardless) that you could go with that idea.

But your theory craft in this situation seems really crap to me because
A. it doesn't seem optimal
B. the situations you put the characters in seems highly unlikely to unfold the way you're going with the option selects
C. when someone tries to explain why you just immediately go THERE'S TO MANY VARIABLES. there's really not, unless you want to get into some super serious theory craft which nobody was even suggesting and it was all very general.
D. That's ****ing funny man sorry I just look to have a good time I help when needed though :smash:

Reasons why this video is ********

A. It's from 2009
B. ADHD doesn't even camp very hard :/
C. ADHD won game 1, you link the the game with much less pressure involved on Wyatt's part instead of showing match 3 which would've (you assume) make both players try harder because it's for the set
D. 3rd game, when ADHD camps a LITTLE harder but not even like balls to the walls camping, and he blatantly SDs he gets a JV 2 LMAO

don't get me wrong
I think boss is one of the best players I've had the chance to play skill wise, and if you or him or anyone takes that as an insult I'm sorry. Especially because he's awesome as a person to.. But his characters are awful
How about bothering to read what we're talking about before posting such crap?

Seriously it's getting tiresome when people don't look at the context.

And if you think catching bananas is bad theory craft, then I don't know what to say. I do it all the ****ing time, consistently. It's not hard.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Seriously it's getting tiresome when people don't look at the context.
That's the problem.

You don't even realize what I'm talking about, item catchings difficulty isn't even relevant to what I'm saying LMAO. Like even if you didn't Z catch it, or do an air or something it's not unreasonable to say why can't x player just PS the banana at a certain distance and then go rush diddy kong or whatever.

What you are failing to overlook yourself is the *cough* context that you're putting the characters in, and all the more making this more funny for me.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
I haven't touched this thread in months and when I finally decide to peek inside and see what's up, I noticed that it hasn't changed a bit.

Wolf mains will never be happy with being even a centimeter behind Fox.
Peach mains are still screaming "PEACH DOESN'T SUCK!!"
And Orion is still ****** *****s with mad facts.

It's safe to say I miss this thread.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Lol Orion, play offensively :p Not reckless, just try getting in more. It's the same thing ramin and leon are doing, MK is just better at it. Marth gets some damage through you grabbing etc. They do a combo and in the end you ahve more %. If you play more offensively when juggling it will pay off eventually.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
That's the problem.

You don't even realize what I'm talking about, item catchings difficulty isn't even relevant to what I'm saying LMAO. Like even if you didn't Z catch it, or do an air or something it's not unreasonable to say why can't x player just PS the banana at a certain distance and then go rush diddy kong or whatever.

What you are failing to overlook yourself is the *cough* context that you're putting the characters in, and all the more making this more funny for me.
To be fair you weren't really saying anything, just laughing. The problem with top players in Smash is that they feel like they don't have to, because any time a concept isn't understood by a player who is worse than them, they are just beneath and not worth your time. If you feel like this community has such a long way to go, then do something about it, help low level players, explain concepts that they might not have considered. When people ask you how you approach a matchup, don't say stupid things like "lol idk i jsut ****." USE. WORDS.

Or, continue to just like, LOL at people, whatever.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I feel like they were trying to soften how much better he is by not giving him +5 vs peach and DK
It's not that serious dude. Get over it meta knight player

You can tell how inaccurate this turns out though. Like, I'm totally for meatriding ICs, but they aren't 2nd/3rd based on the fact that they +3/4 50% of the characters that don't matter.

Also, Diddy doesn't lose to peach or Luigi. ROFL at underrating any character so much
More like people just judgeing things buy their eyes and not actually learning how a match up works fully from both sides. Are people ever gonna start doing this or will they just keep the mindset of character and not actually see what they can do.

yes it does

You can basically put everyone he has at -1 down to AT LEAST even (but Diddy actually BEATS Peach and Luigi).
Luigi, idk, Peach, wrong.

Peach is weird. But people don't know how to deal w/ float, so IDk here.
If people did not know how to deal with that, Then Peach players would be placing high all the time at major tournies.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Well, I can't judge other players, but I see ICs mains get wrecked by float Dair, and all they have to do is stutter step back fsmash it, or jumb back and bair.

And nearly every character has options like this

Alphicans

Smash Hero
That's the problem.

PSing the banana or catching it... Both help my cause? Do you not realize I am arguing against diddy holding one banana and that's it? Like I was taking what he said and being a little ***** about it, because I hate when people exaggerate. I wasn't even talking about the match-up in its entirety, and that's why I am getting frustrated with you.

Hell even if luigi got hit with the one banana, then what? There are no more bananas. This is the kind of thing I am saying. I just wanted to make the notion of one banana beating someone seem dumb, because it is. Diddy clearly needs to do more than stand in one place with one banana to beat anyone.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Well, I can't judge other players, but I see ICs mains get wrecked by float Dair, and all they have to do is stutter step back fsmash it, or jumb back and bair.

And nearly every character has options like this.
This only works if I am coming from a mile away going to you with a Dair. Im making it obvious so just about anyone can just be like "Orly?" And set up the Fsmash. If I am near ranged and shorthop Dairs to Jab mix up, they can't do anything. I have frame advantage other them and every character in the game but Marth, bowser and Meta knight.

Nike.

Smash Hero
I have a question.

Should Toon Link be Mid or High Tier on the next update?
Does he deserve a rise/fall over the characters surrounding him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom