• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Matchup Chart v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flayl

Smash Hero
That was ages ago :p

I'm going to pick what you said and follow up by saying that it looks like a lot of Marth's matchups are being overrated. And the sad part is that it's probably not the most controversial ones (like I can actually beleive he beats Snake slightly).

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Marth's match-ups have been overrated since Emblem Lord perused SWF, lol.

Can't blame them...it's incredibly easy to argue Marth's favor vs like...all of the roster.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
and the cg, and the 0-death, and superior up close game, and the fastest walking speed to get through lazers, and last but not least......

ladies and gentlemen mr Mike Haze

Chuee

Smash Hero
What? Marth's boxing game is awful.
Find the red button with the letter B on it.
Next find the control stick located to the left of the red button.
Press the control stick to the left, or right depending on the situation, and hit the red button 4 times.
Congratulations, you just used dancing blade.

Steam

Smash Hero
Find the red button with the letter B on it.
Next find the control stick located to the left of the red button.
Press the control stick to the left, or right depending on the situation, and hit the red button 4 times.
Congratulations, you just used dancing blade.
I heard falco had a jab and it came out frame 2. pretty good move supposedly

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
uh... why do you assume that up close for marth means in range of falco's melee moves? like the guy above said, dancing blade. plus dtilt and ftilt blah blah blah general marth stuff. marth is either even with or beats falco +1 at best. i push for 0 but -1 is just dumb

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
The only person's matchup ratio I trust for Falco is Dehf's...He made a thread and listed it as Marth's favor so I'm gonna agree with him since he is the Falco doing things correctly.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Marth's MUs on the boards are always overrated. Mike's one of the few marth's I hear from that has a practical view (or basically not overly theorycrafted) of his MUs, so Im guessing he wasnt let anywhere near the project :p.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I heard falco had a jab and it came out frame 2. pretty good move supposedly
so do a lot of other characters.
frame 2 isn't what makes his jab special, it's the windbox it has that makes it really hard to punish.
i also think it's pretty disjointed as well, not sure on that though.

Judo777

Smash Master
Pictochat is legal
Too bad game 1 can't go to picto lol I'm just playin and i understand the importance of cp stages.

@Fuujin you cheated i said no stage spikes and Zelda dthrow is a stage spike. Cause if thats the case fair can spike too lol

Trent

Smash Champion
Could someone explain the Fox - Pikachu MU?

I'm no expert or anything, but all I've ever heard is "Pikachu beats Fox because he just needs one grab and that's a stock." What's the difference between this and Ice Climbers vs anyone?
(Besides IC ditto)

I hope someone is able to elaborate, minus the trolls.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Pictochat is legal
As someone above me just said, too bad it's not always legal, and too bad it's a counterpick, meaning you'd have to lose round 1, then be prepared for Falco's CPs.

On the old scale, I'd say something like 65:35. Not on the same level as Lucario, but also more difficult than someone like, say, Olimar. In the new format, he's definitely on the higher end of the -2.

2. i heard somebody say something about unloseable matchups here. so i have to post this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PQOkCA3Knk
Except that Fox vs. Pikachu isn't an "impossible" match.
It's just really bad.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Could someone explain the Fox - Pikachu MU?

I'm no expert or anything, but all I've ever heard is "Pikachu beats Fox because he just needs one grab and that's a stock." What's the difference between this and Ice Climbers vs anyone?
(Besides IC ditto)

I hope someone is able to elaborate, minus the trolls.
ICs can be separated, Pikachu cannot.

Also Pikachu has a easier time landing a grab. Utilt combos into it at 0%

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Which match-ups are coming off as overrated for Marth?

The only disagreements I had:

MK feels more like -2 than -1. (I blame MK under-rating himself, LOL 3 EVEN MATCH-UPS)
I feel like Wario is +1, but I can agree to +2.
Fox could be argued as 0, imo. Shine shuts down so many of our aerial juggle traps.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Reported for trolling.

And on that topic, that video's almost a year old, I didn't even lose that set, and I'm 7-0 vs that Ike in tournament sets.

And Ike is a legitimately close match-up for Marth due to his sheer amount of range + jab.

I don't think we even had any disagreement on Ike's ratio, lol.

*goes to check*

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I said Lucario v Marth was a 0, but even with the info I put in it still ended up as a -1, oh well I was flip flopping on -1 and 0.

G&W is not a -1, that one I am absolutely certain on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom