• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Matchup Chart v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
and i really think olimar vs pika would be the weirdest thing to watch ever. anyone got any good/recent vids of players that matter doing this? id just like to see how the hell it plays out.

@blaze
lol at the -0's. im sure you meant just 0

but i agree that the weegee match ups are pretty off. but as has been mentioned hella times no1 really repped weegee for this thing. also good to see norcal's best weegee given his opinion tho. good job taking 4th with Arikie in doubles last tag. beatin meep (not the ic) and tc1 is a big accomplishment mang

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Luigi is (should be at least) low tier though. He gets beat by anybody with a decent walk speed (except falcon) >.>

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Can we make D tier low and F & G Bottom? low tiers are so dull atm

just make bottom = old low tier, and make mid tier's standards higher

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Yes, I'm sure all of Low Tier will enjoy being outdone by Ike, Yoshi, and Pokemon Trainer all over again.

Edit: Wait a minute, Wolf is in D-Tier.
Never mind.

WOLF will poop on everything.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I think the question of how well low tiers do in low tier tournaments is a pretty good indicator of whether or not they belong there. :\ Yoshi and Samus stomp low tiers right now.

The problem with brawl low tiers is that there aren't many "unusables" in Brawl, there are just a lot of "ehs" and the "ehs" tend to stomp hard on the aforementioned.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
or it's because they have been determined as low tier and thus no-one uses them because they don't want to use a character that others have determined as worse when compared to other characters. (im not saying that their assessment is not true, im just saying that this is how it is in a lot of cases)

imo the biggest differance between a low tier and a character of a higher tier is that while overall those characters may have near equal abilities to succeed in general, low tier characters have 1 or more glaringly abusable disadvantages whereas those above them may have either pure neutrality or a glaringly abusable advantage.

for my example in my comparison im going to use link, peach, and metaknight.

lets look at link as an overall character. his ground game is overall not that bad. he can play a very safe on stage projectile game, has sword priority, decent range, good zoning and spacing capabilities with zair and bombs, and has kill power. due to his fall speed and weight he can DI and live until snake like percents. he has a good zair, bombs, and a plethora of ATs. however he has the glaring disadvantage of having a poor recovery and combined with his fall speed allows him to be gimped at an above average rate. this one factor deters many from using him as they are not willing to take the time to learn how to avoid this disadvantage and use what he does have going for him.

now we look at peach. she has an overall balanced game in all aspects whether it is zoning, recovery, killing, ATs, general priority and spacing. however while she does not have any glaring disadvantages she also does not have any glaring advantages in any single area. thus people are more willing to use her that is why you actually do see peach in competitive gameplay.

now we look at metaknight. not only is he balanced in listed categories as a character, he has glaring advantages practically all of them. his range, recovery, priority, zoning, and spacing are practically unrivaled in this game. thus he gets the most attention as a character overall and thus he is the most popular character in competitive brawl.

that is my take on the whole thing anyways.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I wasn't really talking about whobo3, I just think Samus is really really good, except she can't kill, in like the worst possible way. So you stick her into low tiers, and suddenly she's friggin' ridiculous because LTs have so few options that they can't really avoid her random kill moves as easily. Idk

3500 woo woo

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Mario actually does okay against Yoshi and Samus. Same with Lucas, I think.

It's just that...well, who uses Mario anymore? There's like 3 mains left.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
well, I don't know but my friends have told me that Din's in teams is annoying as hell... I don't know how annoying it is because I'm the only Zelda in here =/

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Eh, keep the Zelda busy and you'll be able to deal with her in teams.

Speaking of low-tier teams, Samus shines best there. It gets rid of her killing problem when paired with the right characters.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
Eh, keep the Zelda busy and you'll be able to deal with her in teams.

Speaking of low-tier teams, Samus shines best there. It gets rid of her killing problem when paired with the right characters.

Yes, actually just keeping her busy may solve the problem for a moment or if it's a not that good Zelda it'll be solved for the whole match...

And about Samus in teams I really don't know how bad it could be to fight a Samus in teams... But I do believe her killing problem gets fixed... I think I can say I agree with that :3

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
For Samus Yoshi teamed up in LT Teams. Samus Does the usual and provide damage with her missiles, as Yoshi goes in for the kill with Uair U/Fsmash.

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
now we look at peach. she has an overall balanced game in all aspects whether it is zoning, recovery, killing, ATs, general priority and spacing. however while she does not have any glaring disadvantages she also does not have any glaring advantages in any single area. thus people are more willing to use her that is why you actually do see peach in competitive gameplay.
Peach has MAJOR problems killing to the point where it is a glaring weakness. Her slow fall speed and baaaad airdodge also are very strong disadvantages, although the killing power is more of a problem. Characters like Snake and Dk can live forever against her with proper DI/momentum cancelling. Even a fully fresh fair won't kill them particularly early. U-smash works but its hard to connect with most of the time. Her lagless moveset, and very strong ability to pressure, coupled with a strong defensive game are her advantages.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I hope the anti-Sheik stuff keeps building so i can play her in low tiers and ftilt everybody:D

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Smash Lab said:
DK's Perfect planking:

Code:
Frame 1: Grab Ledge
Frame 26: Press Back
Frame 42: Double Jump
Frame 44: Up-B
Frames 47-49: extra invincibility from up-B(Other wise he would've been hittable) + ultra priority hit boxes
Frame 50: Hittable + hitboxes are gone.
Frame 56: Grabs Ledge.

6 frames vulnerable.

I purposely made it so he's pretty far below the ledge. You can't grab the ledge cause his hit boxes will hit you. since he's low it's hard to hit him but you can still do it if spaced correctly. If you some how grab the ledge he can autocancel his up-b lag by landing on the stage.
oh and that one ten character thing

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Pika has a slight disadvantage on MK.
I think people are making a bigger deal out of it then it is. It's impossible to precisely define such a MU, but 0 is a fine and very close assumption. I don't find it to be more accurate or inaccurate then -1 would be (unless compared with diddy and Falcos numbers). Some people just get overly butt hurt when its implied MK might actually have competition while not knowing about the character theyre talking about -_-
I don't see a lot of Olimar and Pikachu around here, so I wouldn't know, but what exactly makes this matchup so good for Olimar?
This is a MU that isnt played very often, so it's even more difficult then normal to place a number. Some have even argued it's even. The disagreement here mostly comes from pikachus ability to edgeguard, with those arguing it to be even saying a pikachu thats on point should take the stock of an olimar offstage. Even going as far as to say pikachus mobility and speedy offstage game make it more difficult for olimar to return than vs MK (due to whistle).

While I can see the potential, it's not something I personally agree with and think its pikachus hardest MU along with most other pikas. Although I do agree that olimar is one of the few characters pikachu is capable of gimping, I dont think its consistent enough. Everything else theres not much disagreement with. If pikachu is capable of getting in, below, taking momentum or getting olimar offstage he can wreak some havok in terms of damage. Pika can also combo from most moves and grabs for quite awhile. Unfortunately getting to olimar is simply too difficult. Staying out also doesnt work to well since his projectile is better then ours in the MU. And of course he has a slightly easier time killing from normal KOs, mostly due to his verticle killing abilities, although the disparity isnt too bad since olimar dies fairly early himself.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
Peach has MAJOR problems killing to the point where it is a glaring weakness. Her slow fall speed and baaaad airdodge also are very strong disadvantages, although the killing power is more of a problem. Characters like Snake and Dk can live forever against her with proper DI/momentum cancelling. Even a fully fresh fair won't kill them particularly early. U-smash works but its hard to connect with most of the time. Her lagless moveset, and very strong ability to pressure, coupled with a strong defensive game are her advantages.
i was gonna use TL as the example but peach was more in the dead center. guess i should have used TL anyways

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
i was gonna use TL as the example but peach was more in the dead center. and besides she can gimp pretty well which i count as kill power. but i should have been more specific on that
Ehh, I don't see Peach's gimp too much. She can edgeguard and gimp pretty well, but there are still some characters who don't have to worry too much about being gimped (MK for example). Her gimping abilities, I think, have yet to be fully seen tho.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
i think wolf could definitely move up above luigi dk and pit, the rest i'm not so sure about.
definitely not d tier imo though.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
In all honesty...The C tier characters above Wolf and Luigi all lose to or are even with Wolf except Rob.

He is +1 with TL, Kirby, Peach, and Luigi. He is even with Dk, Pit, and Fox. He is -1 with Rob. Though I'm still VERY unsure about the Rob vs Wolf matchup ratio. I've lost to Stingers in the past, but beat him last weekend in a MM and I've beaten Chibo. I honestly don't know what to think anymore about Rob vs Wolf, but I've settled that Rob may have a slight advantage on Wolf solely due to his ability to Fair wall gimp Wolf offstage and the fact Wolf cannot spike him.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
LOOOOL at above dk and pit. definately above weegee tho
biased pit main is biased.
and dk sucks, whobo3 shenanigans don't change that. all it does is make me think dk's planking is pretty good, but since we live in a world with LGLs galore is doesn't really change anything either.

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
Wolf actually goes even with Peach and Kirby. Kirby i don't know about he may be considered a +1 for Wolf for most people, but I don't know.

Against Peach, I don't know if its really even or a +1 for Wolf. Peach can combo him very well and gimping isn't that much of a problem for her. But Wolf, will be killing her earlier then she can him, if she is killing him the old-fashioned way. I kinda lean more toward it being even tho. If the Peach is playing overly aggro she'll lose, plain and simple. Wolf I can see being above Luigi, being at bottom of C tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom