• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Matchup Chart v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
That was the first game I ever experienced

I never could find all the Chaos Emeralds. Although I was pretty young and didn't really know what I was doing lol

Old Sonic games were hardcore though
I'm sorry, you wanted WHAT in this boss fight?
Rings?
RINGS???
Real hedgehogs don't use rings

You know, I never understood why Robotnik saved you from the lava just before the first boss
IQ of 300(?) my arse

On topic: Yea Olimar sucks. Good thing I use Peach :troll:
I was young too when I played it. I was never able to find the last emerald on the second to last level and always got the bad ending. After months of trying I finally found it and manage to get the good ending and never again touched the game again.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
*throws 2 cents into the pot*

The call for a universal LGL is an insane overreaction. It was beatable, RB just didn't think things through completely. If we're suddenly moving on to "ban it if it's insanely gay", I demand that MK is banned. And Olimar. And ICs. And D3. And Falco.

EDIT: computer was stupid and didn't show latest pages.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
This. Ike's games were great, but Marth has the misfortune of being the technologically stunted "first of the series" game.
Hey now!
They remade Marth's game.

And it was the worst FE game I've ever played. (Only played english ones, and 6.)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Quoted for the greatest justice ever. Too bad America Sakurai Brawl ruined his personality.

<3 Espy
<3

This. Ike's games were great, but Marth has the misfortune of being the technologically stunted "first of the series" game.
But Lucas will never ever get a green card. :(

Link taught me how to slay monsters though.
Sonic taught me how to gather the Dragonballs.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
how did I know you'd be the one to say that : D
because i'm generally always the correct one in our conversations.

Lucario is a very popular character though... both him and mewtwo for bawrl IMO.
AIDs is popular in africa.
The difference is you can't even treat lucario, though.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
It's not.

Although Pika does have a few things on Meta, like the 0-60 CG and Thunder spam breaking predicted Nado

Coney

Smash Master
this spam is outrageous

also while earthbound is good and mother 3 is one of my favorite games of all time (get @ my mother pin), the actual game behind both is pretty damn dull and tedious

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
I TAKE A POTATO CHIP... AND EAT IT!!!!

that aside no1 but mk is truly even with mk. and even then lower port has more nado priority iirc. meta is always just that much better than everyone else. characters like fox, diddy, pika, and falco all have their little niches that give them more of an edge than other characters that's for damn sure. but honestly mk is equal with none

10 imo's

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
this spam is outrageous

also while earthbound is good and mother 3 is one of my favorite games of all time (get @ my mother pin), the actual game behind both is pretty damn dull and tedious
Sounds like someone couldn't get the Sword of Kings.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Why do people seriously care about DK planking Olimar? Sure the matchup would be in Olimars favor and its 1 simple thing ****** him in the matchup but we CLEARLY allow that already in most cases. Sheik is a crummy character that would most likely get ***** by Falco and Fox, but her Ftilt lock makes the matchups even or better for her. What about Yoshi's chaingrabs? There is alot of easy no-skill stuff that can COMPLETELY shift matchups by themselves and we allow it. Dk planking Olimar is just one of those things. If a top this was a top Sheik beating DEHF or a top DDD beating Will/Xyro/Boss, no one would care.

Also am I now off topic because the last 4 pages have been......

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Under WHOBO3 rules he probably should have. But honestly I don't mind it. If this is what you have to do to beat Olimar....so be it.

If your an Olimar player and you don't like it, pick a character that can deal with planking.

Like who gets planked by a DK and just sits there and throws pikmin? lol.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
May I also point out that if I miss that SIX FRAME WINDOW and don't have PERFECT spacing on my fsmash, DK can hit me with anything he wants from the ledge? And if my fsmash does connect, it does barely any damage/knockback, and he can just grab the ledge. Same goes for trying to dtilt.

I MMed Will later, and I tried the Uair thing actually... And while it worked once or twice, it also means using my double jump offstage, and when I barely got tapped by DK (who's just mindlessly doing the same input over and over) I LOSE MY STOCK.

I'm honestly dumbfounded that you are all still trying to find ways of how Olimar can technically beat this and justify what happened. Me, Will, and Xyro, the main 3 people involved, ALL AGREE THAT NO LGL IS A TERRIBLE RULE.

I honestly never thought I'd see such a massive group of people condone planking this passionately... This is really where you want to see our game go? The ONLY tournament series w/o a LGL is SiiS, so this is going to be a non issue, considering the Whobo series is going to change their rule, SINCE THEY REALIZED THE CURRENT RULE HAS NO PLACE IN COMPETITIVE PLAY.
Everyone is just talking about finding ways to beat it... nobody was discussing the legality at all. Stop being a salty ****** :bee:

Zelda alone has 4 different ways of spiking, albeit some are very situational.
But it's pretty obvious he -probably- meant dair. I didn't even see the type until you people made like a national anthem about it and steam sigged it like its supposed to be funny.

True that.
I'd rather fight an Ice Climber main over an Olimar main any day of the week.
Real talk, Olimar is gayyy

*throws 2 cents into the pot*

The call for a universal LGL is an insane overreaction. It was beatable, RB just didn't think things through completely. If we're suddenly moving on to "ban it if it's insanely gay", I demand that MK is banned. And Olimar. And ICs. And D3. And Falco.
Banning something like planking is different from banning a whole character. Although in some ways I do agree with you.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
LOL it was quite obviously a typo, and I meant Down Air. Still, I'm not salty, I agree that it was some pretty funny ****.

But onto the topic at hand, Zelda's Dair does in fact spike DK from the top, is the obvious point I was trying to make, and I don't really understand why you think this is a fallacy.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
sorry kid, you failed the test.
You're out.
I'm a year older than you.

But it's pretty obvious he -probably- meant dair. I didn't even see the type until you people made like a national anthem about it and steam sigged it like its supposed to be funny.
How? How did you not see it?
That crap was funny as hell too. Do you not have a soul?

zZBlazeZz

Smash Rookie
the weehg stats are close, but Wrong in sum placez. This is My idea of matchup changes cuz i know not many weehg's added to this.
Diddy -0
D3 -1
Pit -1
Ike -1
PKM Trainer -1
Mario -1
Link -0
Zelda -0

This is just from experience in tourney matches in NorCal, playing and discussing with the peeps who play in the tourneys.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I was upset that that wasn't the first place Shaya went to, John.
I'm glad someone did it.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
These last three pages have been the most enjoyable reads I've read in the last three months.

Pika has a slight disadvantage on MK and the Oli vs Pika matchup is sooooo gay.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
I don't see a lot of Olimar and Pikachu around here, so I wouldn't know, but what exactly makes this matchup so good for Olimar?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Pikachu's lack of range, the fact that his jolts are nulled by any Pikmin (especially yellow), meaning his only real option would be to somehow worm his way into Olimar's defensive walls.

Olimar also has an easy time getting the KO on Pikachu. At least, in comparison to Pikachu getting the KO on Olimar.

Does Pikachu get any chaingrabs off on Olimar? I'd assume fthrow > usmash works at lower percents, but I wanna really make sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom