• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Matchup Chart v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Both points you stated aren't good enough evidence because:

1: RB only had a red pikmin, which doesn't kill from grabs, when he got Will. The only pikmins that kill from grabs are Blue and Purple.

2: The blue pikmin hit Will because he was going to upB onto the stage (you can easily tell he was too high). Ever other time Will planked correctly, the pikmin were pushed off.

Olimar doesn't have methods to stopping DK's planking.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
So, let me make sure i've got this right. RB threw 10 fsmashes the whole match. on top of that, a very few of those actually were thrown off the stage, but out of that small number of fsmashes one managed to BARELY miss will and spark? And people are saying it's hard to stop it? e_e

If he almost hit him after 4 tries then it doesn't seem hard at all to me.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Like I said, testing has to come first.

Which I will do soon.

Also, I might've underestimated all those numbers, but he really didn't throw a lot of Fsmash.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
You love your main to much :reverse:
and essentially you could accomplish your goal of letting everyone know how much you were bullied by everyone else in other panels by saying "people underestimate yoshi. I main yoshi". End of story.
Wow really... >_>

WTF LOLOLOL

if anything i feel like him and esam where the bullies XDDD

Olimar doesn't have methods to stopping DK's planking.
you would know..

Scatz

Smash Champion
Since I have to be specific, olimar wasn't able to stop DK from planking with the current methods used. He might have a method to forcing DK off the ledge. Better Orion?

Judo777

Smash Master
Krystedez i was just playing man no hard feelings. I'm also not pointing fingers at people i was simply joking that people have said sheik shouldn't be gimping X character when sheik is actually very good at gimping is all.

And OMG NOOOOOOOO you cannot plank sheik. Sheik has some of THE BEST tools in the game to stop planking. Krystedez can tell you just from what i showed him when we played (he didn't actually try and plank me but i just stopped afterward and showed him). I think Kryz will attest that sheik is pretty amazing at stopping gimping. She can threaten you with dangerous crap from a perfectly safe distance (don't want to elaborate lol big secrets).

Zelda doesn't have alot she can do. She can at least hassle with dins fire. Actually dins does a better job then some might think cause zelda kinda gets to control the planking rythme and mix it up but all in all yea she can't do a whole lot about planking. Dins seems to me like a less spammy but more controlled version of using pika jolts to annoy a planker. Obviously tho pika jolts do the job better.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Pika jolts are amazing :D

Pikachu is also one of the best plankers since if somebody grabs the edge I can just go onto the level with a QAC and go to the other side. I actually did that against Hylian.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Since I have to be specific, olimar wasn't able to stop DK from planking with the current methods used. He might have a method to forcing DK off the ledge. Better Orion?
Not really because I feel like nobody put any time into seeing what oli can really do vs dk's planking other than some quick hypothesis.

No testing has occurred really :<

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
I can't think of a way Zelda can deal with planking...

Din's Fire sucks and it would probably clash with anything making it not that useful...

Dair too slow and laggy, lacks priority and sweetspot too small, making it even harder because if you sourspot (% dependant) just moves the othr char like 3 pixels and has almost no hitstun x_x

Ledge Warping/Teleport Cancel may be the "best" option but still I don't think it's that good =/

That's all I can think of right now...

I there's another option that actually works I'd like to know it ASAP. That would be awesome and will help Zelda =D
Use Sheik :awesome:

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I can't think of a way Zelda can deal with planking...

Din's Fire sucks and it would probably clash with anything making it not that useful...

Dair too slow and laggy, lacks priority and sweetspot too small, making it even harder because if you sourspot (% dependant) just moves the othr char like 3 pixels and has almost no hitstun x_x

Ledge Warping/Teleport Cancel may be the "best" option but still I don't think it's that good =/

That's all I can think of right now...

I there's another option that actually works I'd like to know it ASAP. That would be awesome and will help Zelda =D
DownB is the best option, since Sheik's Chain is probably the second/third best option against Planking in the game after PK Thunder.

Also, Dair would probably work. Although the sweetspot would probably be difficult to land, you don't need it. I believe Zelda's sour spot Dair has the longest lasting meteor duration in the entire game. It would be enough to hit DK.

Also, grabbing the ledge and performing an invincble turn around Neutral B would probably also be effective.

RichBrown

Smash Master
May I also point out that if I miss that SIX FRAME WINDOW and don't have PERFECT spacing on my fsmash, DK can hit me with anything he wants from the ledge? And if my fsmash does connect, it does barely any damage/knockback, and he can just grab the ledge. Same goes for trying to dtilt.

I MMed Will later, and I tried the Uair thing actually... And while it worked once or twice, it also means using my double jump offstage, and when I barely got tapped by DK (who's just mindlessly doing the same input over and over) I LOSE MY STOCK.

I'm honestly dumbfounded that you are all still trying to find ways of how Olimar can technically beat this and justify what happened. Me, Will, and Xyro, the main 3 people involved, ALL AGREE THAT NO LGL IS A TERRIBLE RULE.

I honestly never thought I'd see such a massive group of people condone planking this passionately... This is really where you want to see our game go? The ONLY tournament series w/o a LGL is SiiS, so this is going to be a non issue, considering the Whobo series is going to change their rule, SINCE THEY REALIZED THE CURRENT RULE HAS NO PLACE IN COMPETITIVE PLAY.

Laem

Smash Champion
i wouldve done better than RB at stopping it
and i would only neutral b and c stick side ways.

also no johns, landings are 2/3 frames.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
What people also don't realize is that you can move a bit to the side and Upb with DK where you hit the Pikmin more with your hands instead of it hitting your head. That's something else to consider.

I think your best option is to steal the edge from him, and either using that invincibility or doing something like get up attack if he's forced to go onstage. It boils it down into a RPS scenario, but imo that's better than trying to Fsmash or Dair or whatever else.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Rich, if you know me at all, you already know I think Planking is gay, and that I'm just talking about it for the sake of knowledge. I'm just shocked that you tried so few options during the actual tournament set. If you afraid of Get-Up attack (which Will did not use at ALL, LOLOLOLOL) then you should've tried to bait that, because it would've been better for you than his Planking. I think you psyched yourself out a lot because you realized his position was advantageous. I'm not saying it wasn't gay. I'm just saying the number of things you did try was frightfully low.

Also, forgive me for not believing that the three people who were involved in this incident might have some weight, but certainly don't have ultimate weight on the decision since it affects much more than just your match, and affects the entire competitive community. But like I said already, I agree that it's overcentralizing, and unhealthy for the game.

Does Olimar's Fair lose to DK's UpB if it's not the start up? After a Fsmash, I'd be surprised to hear Fair didn't work. Also, Olimar's Uair is pretty damn gay. Pray tell how you got clipped out of a jump? Or was the Uair thing successful, just not enough to win.

LOL @ Fuujin. I actually play Zelda. Kinda frequently actually, she's one of my favorite characters ever since I picked her up. I love it when people say I'm wrong, but have no counter evidence and try to take the high ground with nothing to stand on. I mean, jeez bro, if you're going to say I'm wrong, and not even give a reason, or try to correct me, then AT LEAST have some credibility to stand on. A little bit of a reputation or SOMETHING.

Zelda's sourspot Dair is some pretty good ****.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Zelda's sourspot Dair is some pretty good ****.

Yes, these two hitboxes shall be the bane of all planking to ever take place in the world of brawl.

We also can't forget that Nayrus love has 30 frames of ending lag, so that move should totally be used underneath the stage given her amazing recovery.
I propose we move her up to mid tier for these new found discoveries.:awesome:

Judo777

Smash Master
Fun fact and maybe something to note for future reference rich. I have no idea how to handle the planking DK with olimar. No clue. I do however know that you can punish invincible up B on yoshis with olimar. The only way to beat invincible moves (same with sonics side B on similar stages) is to clank the move (which olimar is pretty good at due to the pikmin). Since they are gounded it will cancel the animation and you can typically punish. In olimars case you might not be able due to slower startup on your moves, but you also might have an easier time due to being able to produce such long lasting hitboxes. Idk something to screw around with. With sheik i typically jab DK's up B and clank it then dsmash him (granted mine dsmash is frame 4) but just something to look at.

Btw I am in no way saying that what Will did was fair or not, nor am I saying that you misplayed or did anything wrong just trying to inform is all.

Also fuujin while i agree that nayrus love is probably suicide (since recovering afterward while doable would be hard) that bigger hitbox on dair actually looks pretty big all thing considered lol. Not saying its a guaranteed solution but I could definitely see that working if timed right. Also sourspot dair is actually quite effective against DK when he is recovering. Not so sure about planking.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Yes, these two hitboxes shall be the bane of all planking to ever take place in the world of brawl.

We also can't forget that Nayrus love has 30 frames of ending lag, so that move should totally be used underneath the stage given her amazing recovery.
I propose we move her up to mid tier for these new found discoveries.:awesome:
Planking =/= DKs planking. Against DK, most of the hitbox is to the side of him. Since I have spiked DK with Zelda's DownB, I'm actually positive that this works. Even if it trades, you are still getting DK off the ledge, and he will eventually fail to recover, as his vertical recovery is very poor.

Nayrus is still safe on hit. Using an invincibly Neutral B at close range would certainly stop DK's Planking. Pray tell what else DK is going to do?

So basically, you don't know how to use your own character's tools, aight, I feel you.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
ouuh!

I didn't notice you were talking about DK's planking I thought it was about planking in general x_xU

anyways vs DK planking is quite easier I think :3... never played a DK who planks too much :c

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Dins wouldn't be cancelled by any of MK's aerials while planking would it?
Depends on where it's aimed.

He's one of the like 6 characters that doesn't have an aerial that beats out Din's when the hitbox covers his entire body.

It's not like it matters much though, I highly doubt a MK will ever have to resort to planking a Zelda to beat her.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Oh man, the posts after Pierce's...

This is why I come to this thread.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Or we can assume we are talking about the only spike move Sheik/Zelda combined has.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Did not know that =)

And you know what I mean.

I only managed to derail topic further.. =(

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It's kind of funny how everyone made a big deal about Will planking RB but no one has said anything about ESAM planking me in losers bracket to win lol. I guess it's just because I didn't complain lol.

Chuee

Smash Hero
It's kind of funny how everyone made a big deal about Will planking RB but no one has said anything about ESAM planking me in losers bracket to win lol. I guess it's just because I didn't complain lol.
I saw KPrime do something similar to that to Vinnie in pools lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom