• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Matchup Chart v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i remember that tournament.

Lain, Hylian and Meep i think.

But yea, it was basically the 3 best in the country at the time and he beat all 3 of them.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
i remember that tournament.

Lain, Hylian and Meep i think.

But yea, it was basically the 3 best in the country at the time and he beat all 3 of them.
I've never played boss in tournament and only went to MLG Dallas where I lost to Tearbear and Trela.

Judo777

Smash Master
I have a sound argument for why Luigi might do well against IC's. IC's approaching Luigi is pretty convincing. Any matchup where Luigi is being approached sounds pretty outstanding for Luigi.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I could see those 3 having problems against Luigi with their style of climbers

I don't know if it's fair to say based on that it's advantage Luigi per say.

It would probably be more a personal matchup issue vs. matchup expertise for those examples imo

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Also, every time I've seen lain lose to like lucas or some odd character(except yoshi, because **** yoshi) it's because he dropped a billion grabs -.-.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
he lost to Polt for the same reason though.
Not really, polt had him separating a ton when they played and the grabs he got he couldn't really capitalize on. He did drop a couple but meh.

DeLux

It was a combo of multiple factors.

He dropped a lot of grabs (like on par with what I usually do) AND deviated from the gameplan that was netting him those grabs.

I was mad lol

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
It was around the 2nd game that I realized just how he was landing those grabs with his Ice Blocks. Those things have deceptive hit-stun. =P

DeLux

oh no
Polt caught on to my master game plan. The IC v Yoshi Matchup just got worse for ICs lol

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Grim's Problems with the List:
1. Meta Knight does not have any even match-ups.
2. MK/DK should be -3.
3. MK/Puff should be -2.
4. Falco/Puff should be -1.
5. ZSS/Puff should be -1.
6. Diddy/Puff should be +/-0.

Basically all of the low tier MUs are better for Puff than this chart says as well, but I can't be bothered going through all of them because:
a) I don't care about low tier characters
b) There is barely enough data either way

V

Smash Ace
Am I the only one who thinks olimar goes even with marth and mk?

:phone:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
He's definitely even with Marth. Not sure about MK. Props for addressing such a controversial point but you shouldn't expect to get much agreement. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if that was actually the case though.

:059:

V

Smash Ace
I think olimar is honestly 4th/5th best in the game. Hardest character to approach after diddy easily.

Shaya said a new tier list is coming out this week. I think it should go something like;

S: MK
A: Diddy, Falco, Snake/Olimar, Marth
B: ICs, Wario, Pikachu, D3, Lucario, Fox, G&W, ZSS

That's right, fox is b tier, get at me.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
For a character that was designed with such extreme attributes he has a pretty high amount of neutral match-ups though imo. Which is why I think Falco and ICs still have a shot at being better ... but I think Olimar is better than Marth and Wario. 5th or 6th best in my book.

Also very underrated on CP stages.

@SFH

GW/Lucario should imo not be in the same tier as IC, Wario and Fox.

V

Smash Ace
I would be ok if b tier breaks off at fox. That character is way better than people realize. West coast is talking about who we're gonna match up against EC for the crew battle at genesis and we're considering putting TKD against M2K.

Fox just has good options and with shine stall he doesn't have to commit if he doesn't want to and his mobility allows him to punish well. Also having a mobile kill move like usmash is invaluable. His lasers are underrated too. Nobody bothers to PS them since there's no stun so its just free damage.

V

Smash Ace
No that's just an example of when in the right hands fox is capable going head to head with on of the best players in the world. The paragraph below was my reasoning in short for fox being good.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
No that's just an example of when in the right hands fox is capable going head to head with on of the best players in the world. The paragraph below was my reasoning in short for fox being good.

That's a case of a good player going up against a good player, not a case of a character being good against another character.

To be honest, I feel waaaaay too much is riding on TKD's success with Fox as reasoning for him being a good character, rather than it necessarily being Fox performing well recently with a variety of player's.

D

Deleted member

Wolf has been doing better in terms of overall success.

Hell, look at this past weekend's results.

For Fox, at least there's Zeton that has decent placings.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
That's a case of a good player going up against a good player, not a case of a character being good against another character.

To be honest, I feel waaaaay too much is riding on TKD's success with Fox as reasoning for him being a good character, rather than it necessarily being Fox performing well recently with a variety of player's.
? Nakat, Zeton, Trump, MegaFox, TKD?

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Yeah he is but it doesn't mean all the other Foxes don't exist anymore XD
Of course not, but it does say something when other Fox users are not as successful.
Either they are lacking in skill; which I doubt; or Fox just is not as good as people believe him to be.

To be honest, I still think Fox should be lower than he is on the tierlist, and that people are exaggerating his matchup with MK to the umpteenth degree as they did with Snake and Diddy.

How is trevonte never included in these conversations? You guys suck.
He needs more hype.
Hype=better
This is a fact of life, I kid you not.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Of course not, but it does say something when other Fox users are not as successful.
Either they are lacking in skill; which I doubt; or Fox just is not as good as people believe him to be.

To be honest, I still think Fox should be lower than he is on the tierlist, and that people are exaggerating his matchup with MK to the umpteenth degree as they did with Snake and Diddy.

So, because other mks don't place like m2k does mk is not as good as people believe him? What kind of logic is that? What do you expect from all fox mains, 1st place in everything? Those players listed place very well in hard regions, Zeton has recently even beaten tyrant and ally in tournament so your points really don't make sense.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Snake's match-up against MK hasn't really been exaggerated at any point, other than waaaaaay in the beginning where people thought Snake has the advantage.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
So, because other mks don't place like m2k does mk is not as good as people believe him? What kind of logic is that? What do you expect from all fox mains, 1st place in everything? Those players listed place very well in hard regions, Zeton has recently even beaten tyrant and ally in tournament so your points really don't make sense.
This just completely beasted your argument ShadowLink. FYI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom