• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Matchup Chart v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
This is the matchup list thread, not the Peach boards.

Say you **** someone, process begins.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
There are so few PT mains, I don't think anyone would care that much if Squirtle was by himself on a TV, and it would make the PT mains happy.

Anyways, there are like 3+ red names viewing this topic, just saying to those starting to go over the top, lol.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
I have played nooone of you

except San, but that was like a billion years ago

he'd prolly still beat me tho

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Do you feel that Squirtle can generally get the first kill before Snake, despite Squirtle's light weight and Snake's KO power? (don't know much about Squirtle's KO power).
I do. Generally speaking, Squirtle racks up really quickly on Snake when he gets inside because of Snake's fall speed and weight, and it's pretty easy for Squirtle to get a grab once he has Snake falling to the ground after a high recovery at high percents. Also, if you N-Air to cover most of his options, the sourspot hit will cause him to fall over in a way that makes teching very difficult, which can cause a jab lock into somewhat-charged U-Smash, which will KO Snake at around 120%. There are a number of opportunities for Squirtle to get the KO at a reasonable percent, and if you can get him to need C4 to recover early because of a well-timed F-Tilt or aerial, that's pretty much a stock, and since you're starting the match with Squirtle, you have plenty of time to take the first stock before fatigue becomes a factor.

my bad i meant to reply. But theres this tournement thats coming up that hrnut is hosting and i asked him to make squirtle legal as a separate character. So im just trying to scrape up everything before i use him in singles all the way. What percent should i use D-throw to kill snake and also MK?
Generally speaking, D-Throw will KO Snake reliably at around 160% (give or take 10%, depending on how close you are to the ledge) and Meta Knight at around 135% (same).

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I was just wondering, since getting the first kill seems to be very important due to the switching mechanic.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
@reflex ok because its seems very easy to rack damge with him but to kill with squirtle seems like it could be a pain
Killing in that matchup tends to take a whole lot of damage, but when you get used to comboing him and where he falls and flies, it's really easy to get him to high percents with little effort. It's the part where he's not quite at KO percent and you can't really combo him that gets difficult.

Judo777

Smash Master
So if ur state doesn't have a PR you must be a random? I thought if no one has heard of you, you must be a random.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
OMG this thread is amazing.

Im mad I had to go to work while everyone got to stay here and go HAM on each other.

LOL AT THAT ME VS HYLIAN VID THO.

No one in their right mind will ever allow Squirtle to be used as a separate character because it requires hacks.
Also Reflex would win everything.
Dude, this is Florida, the place where 90% of the vids for the entire state get uploaded by a legit ROSALINA main.

Judo777

Smash Master
You know what my favorite thing people do is? When they say "Out." at the end of their post........ and then come back to the thread a few posts later.

I have said this before but I can't figure it out. Were you just informing us that you were closing your browser temporarily?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
You know what my favorite thing people do is? When they say "Out." at the end of their post........ and then come back to the thread a few posts later.

I have said this before but I can't figure it out. Were you just informing us that you were closing your browser temporarily?
No because the drama pulls us back in :awesome:

You ain't seen Lie's grammar (Falco03).
Yooooooooo, let me see it.

sonus

Smash Cadet
i dont get why luigi is ahead of wolf on the tier list when looking at the matchup chart. wolf has so many less bad matchups than luigi but somehow he is under luigi on the tier list?

Steam

Smash Hero
i dont get why luigi is ahead of wolf on the tier list when looking at the matchup chart. wolf has so many less bad matchups than luigi but somehow he is under luigi on the tier list?
probably the best first post from a member I've ever seen in this thread.

and all I can say is, I dunno.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Wolf is going up.

Won't say how much, but he'll probably be the one who gained the most spots this list. (Like really, we had him below LUIGI?)

Not sure, but I think Kirby took the biggest fall.

YAY AMBIGUITY! Mid-tier will be the interesting one this time around.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Don't Fireballs go through Blizzard...?
Uh, why wouldn't IC's just shield the fireball? I said desynched blizzard, meaning one of them will be free to do anything at all times, it's very simple to just retreat the blizzard as needed or just have the free climbers walk forward and shield without putting yourself in a bad position and still applying pressure. Not to mention the other climber can just IB through the fireball and then have an approach set-up depending on how far away you are.

They do. He can fireball through blizzards and jab ice blocks. Honestly, it's not too hard to get in on ICs and once he does, jab > dsmash is like the beginning of the end for the ICs. One split and Luigi is almost guaranteed a stock.
Jabbing ice blocks is probably the worst idea I have heard of in a match-up with IC's lol. IB's are mainly used close to mid range when desynched to create pressure and openings, if you jab an IB you are going to get grabbed pretty easily.

Basically the match-up summed up is IC's approach slowly and then use desynch mix-ups and mid-close range which completely limit Luigis options forcing him to jump/roll/go to ledge. If luigi uses aerials on IC's shield he will probably get grabbed, nair zones luigi extremely well, dtilt destroys luigi off the stage at any % if he recovers high it's free uairs or a frame trap bair if he airdodges.

Luigi can easily nair/dair desynched blizzard if it's spaced poorly, and his down b is really annoying for Ic's because it's hard to react to. He's really good at killing nana and is hard to sopo chaingrab because of nair(though you can still sopo cg him till 59% from 0%). He just can't separate them safely or camp them well or match their damage output which sways the match-up in IC's favor by a fairly good margin.

Steam

Smash Hero
wtf

Weren't you all like "Match-ups dont matter because they're all theory, results should have priority over them when making tier lists"

:053:
for someone's first post on smashboards it's still a ****ing amazing post. *thinks of zeldasmash*

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
IC beats Luigi probably 65:35 if you want to be generous, and upwards 7:3 on a more realistic note.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom