• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Is the game worth it if you've played OoT before? In the same vain, would you say that the 3DS is worth the money?
I'm going to say no regarding getting Ocarina of Time 3D.

It is really the exact same Ocarina of Time - just with updated textures. The game feels exactly the same aside from that and everything is exactly the same as well.

I do not think that it was a total waste of my time, but I really shouldn't have rushed out and spent $40 on it. There were so many non-enhanced ports that I could spent that money on and now I really regret it.

This is a game you pick up when and only when it is in the bargain bin unless you've never played Ocarina of Time, but you have.

As for the 3DS itself, that depends entirely on what you think of the future library. For me I was already 100% convinced on the day that the console was revealed. However, I also had a broken DS and wanted to play the DS games I'd missed out on.

If there aren't any games coming out anytime soon that you are interested in than you might as well wait a while and see if there is a price drop.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Lol, OoT3DS is not going to see a price drop at least for many years, just like all first party Nintendo games.
And that doesn't change anything. It doesn't matter how long it takes for it to drop in price, it just flat out isn't worth $39.99 if you already have OoT.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
I'm going to say no regarding getting Ocarina of Time 3D.

It is really the exact same Ocarina of Time - just with updated textures. The game feels exactly the same aside from that and everything is exactly the same as well.

This is a game you pick up when and only when it is in the bargain bin unless you've never played Ocarina of Time, but you have.
Agreed.

And on another note, this game has way too much ghosting.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Seeing as how I enjoyed every single second of OoT3D for all its worth, I'd say the contrary. Despite owning OoT on the N64, GCN, and Wii, I was more than happy to buy it again and it is now one of my favorite games ever. If you don't like the ghosting, turn the 3D down or off.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
This is my first time playing OoT (and the first game I bought on the 3DS) and I have to say I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm only up to jabu jabu, but I can already see why this game is so praised and beloved :).

At first I couldn't really use the 3D for longer than a few minutes (strained my eyes, got double vision) but after a day or so I think I just got used to it and found I could play for an hour or so with no problems. It helps to just take a break every hour or so I think.

Hardest thing is keeping still while I play :p. Mario Kart 3D is going to be ridiculous (I always tilt to one side when going around corners XD). Hopefully the gyroscope thing will work well with it.

Life

Smash Hero
So after not having played any DS games since getting OOT3D I decide to restart PMD2.

It hurts my head more than 3D ever did... and it's fully 2D.

whatisthisidonteven.jpg

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Hardest thing is keeping still while I play :p. Mario Kart 3D is going to be ridiculous (I always tilt to one side when going around corners XD). Hopefully the gyroscope thing will work well with it.
This is by far my biggest problem with the 3D. Any remotely action-heavy part of the game has me tilting the 3DS in slight ways, enough to make that weird effect go on and obscure my vision.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
I found that as long as I'm not in a car or multitasking, I can play with the 3D on for as long as I want, as it doesn't strain my eyes, get tilted, ghost etc etc.

However, I'm on the computer a lot so... :\

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
I really only ever use the 3D on cutscenes now. I apparently am not very good at sitting still enough for it to not obscure the view. Also Forest Temple was fun like always. :bee:

Gatlin

I am upset. Is there a way to return to the game if you should happen to press the power button? I accidentally pressed it last night thinking it was the start button (half asleep) and I lost a lot of time :(. Was half-way through the Fire Temple, now I'm half-way through the Forest Temple :rolleyes:. It was simply my stupidity which caused it, but just curious, because it brought me to the "Power Off" or "Sleep Mode" menu, and I wasn't sure if there was a way to return.

What's strange though, is that I was certain I saved at some point in the Fire Temple, yet it still brought me back further than expected.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Oh my gog water temple was dumb. Not even "you lose life real quick and die", just "where do I go now I'm so lost?" dumb... in fact, I barely even needed any life, yet I found soooo many hearts/faeries it was ridiculous.
shadow link was pretty cool though

Life

Smash Hero
Water Temple da bess. I love it to tiny bits and pieces (although I was actually too scared of it to do it as a little kid, that's part of why I got OOT3D in the first place)

Gatlin

Played through quite a bit yesterday; exhausted. Went through the rest of Forest Temple, Fire, Water, and Shadow Temples, Ice Cavern, Bottom of the Well, and as much as I could do with Gerudo Valley. Trying to preserve the game and not rush, oops :awesome:

I thought the color-coding in the Water Temple was really cool. Still a headache to go through though.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
The Water Temple is not that bad. Now that the 3DS version explicitly shows you that hidden hole in the central pillar when you change the water level, AND has color coded lines leading you to each water changing room, it's ridiculously easy. All you have to remember is to check all possible rooms at all possible water levels.

Master Quest is boggling my mind. I never thought the mirror-world would mess with me so much. and I had a freak accident and died in the first room of the Deku Tree, haha.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Other than the fact that it's mirrored and you take more damage, I don't believe so.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I died a LOT on the Deku Tree until I reviewed my... "enemy-specific emergency maneuvers"...

I haven't started Dodongo's Cavern(MQ) yet though, but good god it's turned me around so much...

The Water Temple isn't very bad anymore. As long as you go clockwise around each floor, and get the two most-missed keys ever, it's really not hard... Those being the one UNDER the middle tower, and the one behind the bombable wall in the room with Ruto...

But I don't look forward to the shenanigans of getting turned around. The mirror-vision and different setup made EVERYTHING look so unbelievably different. >_< Bleck... I felt like I was in a different tree.

Gatlin

Yay, finished the regular version and unlocked MQ and such.
Felt Ganon was a lot easier this time around, like slower or something. Just felt like something was kind of off.

Gatlin

The mirrored world is definitely messing with my head :dizzy:
A lot more than expected.

IYM!

Smash Lord
this &quot;!&quot; is part of my nick (Chile)
I don't think anything is noticeably easier. We're just not 10 anymore.

in fact, I'm having more trouble with Master Quest than I have had in any 3D Zelda game.
that is true, i dont have 10 anymore, and i have a better English than before.

is a shame if i look it in this point of view, i mean, nintendo didnt care about us, the old beteran fans than want more challenge :urg:

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I've never really cared much about challenge as long as there's a good story. TP is the only exception. Way too easy.

Also, it's been over a month, and I still do not have a 3DS to play my OoT with. :(

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
Well finally got a 3DS today and OoT and I have to say that in person the game looks so much better than the screen shots. The brightness and lack of atmosphere that I worried about is nowhere near as bad as I initially thought.

Just finished the Deku Tree and it's odd. Maybe it's because I haven't played OoT for a while but it's almost like this is the version I've always played xD What childhood imagination filled in is now actually there is probably part of it. All and all so far it looks great. Idk how long I'm going to be playing it with the 3D on though..makes my head start aching after a while.

Only complaint so far..aiming and looking around on the control stick..was it really that slow on the 64? I don't remember that =\ Looking around while moving the system is really cool though.

All and all really happy I gave in and bought it.

Gatlin

Yeah I got that feeling as well, where the 3DS and regular versions just sorta mixed into one. The aiming is definitely slower with the control stick, I know I would have noticed it on the N64 as well if it were that slow. It may just be because Nintendo expected people to just use the actual handheld to aim, which I definitely did at all times simply because the slowness annoyed me.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
It was odd, it took my a while to get used to aiming. At the Deku Forest I had trouble scoring the 3 100s in a row. Did anyone else think Ganon seemed slowed down? His final form seems a lot easier than the 64.

:phone:

Gatlin

Felt Ganon was a lot easier this time around, like slower or something. Just felt like something was kind of off.
Lol :p

I don't think he actually was though, maybe it's just cuz we've already fought him before and just knew what to do.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
It's a possibility. Mario 64DS overall goes slower than the original version of the game.

Yeah I think I'm just gonna get used to aiming with the console. It is cool but when you want to maintain the 3d effect, it makes it hard, since tilting the system makes you turn faster but makes you see double. lol

I may not use the 3d nonstop though once the novelty wears off but right now it's freakin sweet!

Gatlin

I used the 3D right about until I reached Dodongo. It is really cool playing with it on, but it always gave me kind of a headache; and I kept seeing doubles from moving the handheld around. I really only ever used the 3D for the cut scenes after that point, or when I wanted to have some fun for a while, hah.

Spire

III
BRoomer
The 3D looks less 3D the more adjusted you get to the effect. I can go long periods of time without wear on the eyes. It's fun to turn the 3D off when you have friends/family willing to sit and watch you play though.

Top Bottom