• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
The only thing I wish they would have done was fix the Stalfos glitch. x_x That was so annoying...

And is it just me, or are Gibdos... I don't want to say cheap, but... don't they seem a little too unforgiving? xD

EDIT: I don't mean to get off topic, but this was a very nice overhaul and I wish they would do this for Majora's Mask too. JUST getting that out there.
What's the Stalfos glitch?

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
So I got myself a new 3DS crystal case.

Fits perfectly and looks amazing. Almost makes it seem like a custom Zelda-themed 3DS. Looks great on the black one. The other one with Link riding Epona through Hyrule field is better suited for the blue 3DS.

Feels good man. Feels good.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Fun fact for those who didn't know (most people who've played the original likely do), if you hit the Gibdo with fire, it'll turn into a Redead.

IYM!

Smash Lord
Gibdos are easy. They're basically redead with more health. Sun's Song, walk behind them, mash B. Problem solved.
just use the hookshot, they will be paralized, but just in OoT, in MM this dont work, but the sung song is better

Fun fact for those who didn't know (most people who've played the original likely do), if you hit the Gibdo with fire, it'll turn into a Redead.

this is true, but this just happen in MM

majora_787

Smash Hero
- The Stalfos glitch is where you enter some circle of space around the Stalfos, and when it attacks, it goes through your shield. It's actually not like 'up against the Stalfos' close, it's more like 'within reach of the Master Sword' close. Which sucks, considering what weapon you use.

This doesn't really happen with Young Link using the Hylian Shield, because he's turtling in that thing.

This happens with Lizalfos and Dinalfos too, but only if you're like... so close that you may as well be punching and kicking them. Which is why I call it the Stalfos glitch.

- Gibdos seem to attack more often, and be a lot more finnicky. Sort of like Orange Bulborbs in Pikmin. Throughout the Shadow Temple any time I tried to stab them from behind, they pulled a mach 12 180-degree turn and took out a huge chunk of my health.

- They also seem to be immune to EVERYTHING but the sword. Fire Arrows do jack.

- I thought the hookshot pulled you into the Redead/Gibdo, but DIDN'T stun...

I noticed a lot of stuff that seemed a little weird. Does anyone else remember that guy under the tree at night in Kakariko Village having a 'hawk going on? It might have just been Majora's Mask...

I also got started on the Master Quest. It's pretty fresh, but geeze, it's a real step up already in the first dungeon. xD Might be because of "double damage" and "three hearts".

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
My whole time I played OoT I never knew that. I always paralyze them with the Hook/Long Shot or the Sun Song. I always hate their paralyze glares so I never test anything out on them and just eliminate them as always.

majora_787

Smash Hero
My whole time I played OoT I never knew that. I always paralyze them with the Hook/Long Shot or the Sun Song. I always hate their paralyze glares so I never test anything out on them and just eliminate them as always.
It only works in Majora's Mask. I've tried. Because I hate getting close to the mummy *******s.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I just got past the forest temple! This game is still fantastic.

I can confirm the Stalfos glitch. It was pretty ****ing annoying, and it made me die a couple times.

Also, I can easily forsee a MM remake coming soon. Most of the animations for Link and a bunch of NPC's are already done, so it'd be weird for them not to do it.

Edit: @Majora: Nice avvy. :3

majora_787

Smash Hero
I just got past the forest temple! This game is still fantastic.

I can confirm the Stalfos glitch. It was pretty ****ing annoying, and it made me die a couple times.

Also, I can easily forsee a MM remake coming soon. Most of the animations for Link and a bunch of NPC's are already done, so it'd be weird for them not to do it.

Edit: @Majora: Nice avvy. :3
- I'm struggling with the Master Quest. Intensity...

- I know, right? -.- I swear, it doesn't help in the Forest Temple match with the huge hole. ALSO doesn't help in the Shadow Temple on the boat. But thankfully, the boat was made... more suited for a fight against Stalfos.

- I hope so. And I would be so amazed if they developed a master quest sort of deal for the Majora's Mask remake. xD That would be crazy.

- Thanks. You too, if it is who it looks like. xD

majora_787

Smash Hero
Those WORK?? Dangit, the guide I have from the original N64 game says they're immune to EVERYTHING but the sword. -_-

Cripes...

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
The Deku Nuts I found to be much more useful in Master Quest. I can go the whole game in normal mode without pulling them out. They saved me on a couple of notes.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I haven't died ONCE in this game yet. It's not that it's too easy, even though I know this game by heart by now, it's just that I'm sharp with my reflexes to do something about it. For me, the Redeads and Gibdos don't even have a chance to fight back. I always kill them in one combo due to the last hit of my slash doing two strikes on them. At least, with Adult Link. .....they skill scare the crap out of me for attacking them from the front.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I didn't die until Master Quest. xD Not even the Stalfos glitch could QUITE kill me, considering I had at least 2 fairies on my person at all times from the Deku Tree onward.

EDIT: I had to say it: Why is the record for Twinrova 31 minutes? That fight should NOT go on for a half hour. Unless you're obscenely unlucky in the second phase. As a matter of fact, all of the adult bosses have silly record times. xD

Tacel

Smash Lord
I played almost nonstop the first week. I beat the Shadow Temple a week ago and I haven't played since. I don't want to rush it.

I got this, "armor," for my 3DS:

It looks better with the blue 3DS. My brother has the black 3DS so he took the black original artwork one. That's the one I wanted but oh well.

Also, what's the Stalfos glitch?

T-block

B2B TST
I didn't realize that was a glitch... I did think it was weird though.

The Stalfos fight in the Forest Temple is the only place I've died too lol

majora_787

Smash Hero
I didn't realize that was a glitch... I did think it was weird though.

The Stalfos fight in the Forest Temple is the only place I've died too lol
<_< It had better be a glitch. Because it is hardly reasonable to have an enemy that can attack through your shield whenever it's within reach of your sword or closer.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I didn't die until Master Quest. xD Not even the Stalfos glitch could QUITE kill me, considering I had at least 2 fairies on my person at all times from the Deku Tree onward.

EDIT: I had to say it: Why is the record for Twinrova 31 minutes? That fight should NOT go on for a half hour. Unless you're obscenely unlucky in the second phase. As a matter of fact, all of the adult bosses have silly record times. xD
ALL of the bosses have silly record times. Gohma is like 10 minutes. She can be easily cleared in under 30 seconds. Though I guess new gamers could have a difficult time with the bosses.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I think I've had the worst possible luck with TwinRova was when I did the 3 heart challenge on the N64 for the first time where that b---- would just refuse to throw the 3rd fire or ice to reflect the energy back at her. That fight took near 1 hour and 30 minutes because of that bogus. I wonder what the faster time TwinRova was beaten in? I had that bad luck fighting her the first time in 3DS. Taking almost an hour... -___-

IYM!

Smash Lord
this &quot;!&quot; is part of my nick (Chile)
1 hour to defeat her??

but the bosses in OoT aren so much strong, and you have the nyru love spell in that fight.

but even if you are doing a 3 hearts challenge with out spells, dodeg the fire and ice attacks arent hard.

i dont know but, MQ of 3DS is really hard?

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
The fight isn't hard at all. It is waiting and waiting for her to use the right spell so I could reflect it through the Mirror Shield. I would catch 2 of them but then she would go crazy and only fire the opposite spell I couldn't absorb. It's just irritating just to have her waste time firing the wrong spell. That is my only reason I hate fighting her.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
She is fun to fight. I just hate the randomness since I tend to have real bad luck with randomness in any game. Hopefully one day I'll be lucky and finally have a round where she won't be ******** and fire all 3 of the right spell. XD I still like fighting Phantom Ganon. =)

IYM!

Smash Lord
this &quot;!&quot; is part of my nick (Chile)
The fight isn't hard at all. It is waiting and waiting for her to use the right spell so I could reflect it through the Mirror Shield. I would catch 2 of them but then she would go crazy and only fire the opposite spell I couldn't absorb. It's just irritating just to have her waste time firing the wrong spell. That is my only reason I hate fighting her.
if that happend, just change the spell. if you have an ice spell in your shield, and Twinrrova is close to die, she will start to shot the oposite spell 4 or 5 times in a row. just change the spell and begin to absorb the new one, you have the enough time to escape to the attack when you change the spell

majora_787

Smash Hero
I forgot Gohma's. I need to redo Gohma and Bongo Bongo some time, those fights started out unlucky and I had to recover. -.- COuld have done them so much faster.

Gohma decided not to be stunned by the slingshot in the first couple seconds, and I couldn't lock onto Bongo Bongo as soon as I should have been able to.

BUT my times looked like this~

00:33.73 - Gohma. I got a bad start.
01:03.16 - King Dodongo. See rant in a bit.
01:36.23 - Barinade. I found out you can attack him RIGHT AWAY.
03:05.63 - Phantom Ganon. I cannot shoot him out of the paintings worth crap.
02:12.20 - Volvagia.
01:25.33 - Morpha. Took me 3 tries to get him trapped in the corner.
01:00.53 - Bongo Bongo. I got a HORRIBLE start with this jerk. -_-
04:13.13 - I think I did well on this, considering.

I have NOT tried the gauntlet, but I doubt it will take 34 minutes. I dunno HOW MQ boss rush will go, I probably will only have 2 bosses to worry about though.

Would someone like to explain WHY they need to keep the timer going after the boss is dead? -_- I took a break after King Dodongo, and then looked to see the timer was still going so I had to rush to the light thing. It's bullcrap.

EDIT: How do you change spells? o_O Get hit?

Just tried the gauntlet. I got 15:45.70. Every bit of bad luck that could have happened proceeded to happen. Sheesh...

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Is the game worth it if you've played OoT before? In the same vain, would you say that the 3DS is worth the money?

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Is the game worth it if you've played OoT before? In the same vain, would you say that the 3DS is worth the money?
It depends. I have played OoT all the way through at least 10 times before the 3DS version. I am in love with it. They added just enough extra details for me to be satisfied, yet nostalgic.

That, paired with the gyroscope aiming and small details like the iron boots being equippable, and also including Master Quest in the same product I would say OoT3DS should be the definitive OoT.

But, it's still just OoT. It's really up to you if it's worth it. It's the same game as it was 12 years ago. To me, a complete Zelda fanatic who has some of his most cherished childhood memories attached to OoT, playing the game in any form is always worth it.

As for buying a 3DS, I'm not sure if I would have purchased one JUST for OoT3D. There are a lot of announced games for the system that I'm very excited for, but that's also up to you.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Agreeing with a lot of what LT said, the game does deliver the same nostalgic feel the original had, with enough wow-factor to keep you interested. The inclusion of MQ is also a fantastic addition. Playing through the game, it doesn't really feel like a typical run through on the N64 again, but it almost has that "new game feel" in my opinion. Everything is still recognizable, if you've played the original you still know what goes down, but I am definitely glad I was able to purchase a copy.

I'm not gonna lie, OoT is a huge reason why I bought the 3DS, there are only a couple other future releases (mostly remakes) that really have gotten my interest. It's pretty much for the reason that when I was a kid, I always wished I could take my N64 and TV with me and somehow set it up in the car during long road trips; basically so I could play OoT to make time pass faster. So with it being released on a handheld, it pretty much satisfied that fantasy and such.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'm going to give a run-of-the-mill reason: OoT 3D is the definitive version of Ocarina of Time. If you love the original, there's no way you can't enjoy this for everything it's worth. Truly, the only downside is the diluted horror of the Forest Temple, Bottom of the Well, and Shadow Temple, and by that I refer solely to textures and lighting.

Also, anyone ever notice how brief the Spirit Temple seems?

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm going to give a run-of-the-mill reason: OoT 3D is the definitive version of Ocarina of Time. If you love the original, there's no way you can't enjoy this for everything it's worth. Truly, the only downside is the diluted horror of the Forest Temple, Bottom of the Well, and Shadow Temple, and by that I refer solely to textures and lighting.

Also, anyone ever notice how brief the Spirit Temple seems?
The Forest and Fire temples felt longer, but EVERY other dungeon felt shorter to me. It was really weird.

I'm still not doing well on Master Quest. xD

Top Bottom